[Serious] Lunar's AMA

Lunar Origins

Following suit, I think the Spam section of these forums can really serve an actual use as a tool - a tool to get better acquainted with your fellow forumgoers.

Anyways, following suit, I'm going to open up my own serious AMA.  And, please, that's what it is:  Serious questions only.  Spam in this topic, and all topics with a [Serious] tag, go against the rules of the spam section and will be followed by a swift report, and, by extension, probably a warning, so just a heads up.

Anyways, ask away.  I'll link my answers and the questions in the OP and I will try to answer every one with a degree of honesty that I really don't show a whole lot.

How did you feel when you first told someone that you were transgendered? Did you feel as if a weight was lifted off your shoulders? (If my wording was bad there, I apologize in advance.)

It was actually a dear friend of mine who I came out to first, and the pressure let off by that was immense.  Back then, I had no idea how far I could come, and I didn't know what to do.  I think it's a little difficult to explain the concept of being transgender to people who are cisgender, but the best analogy I can come up with is this.

Imagine waking up every day and going about your life, wearing a Halloween costume.  Except, instead of being a costume you can take off, this costume has no zipper.  You're stuck inside of something that's not actually you, and it's... well, it's a costume.  It's stuffy in there, and it feels awkward.  It can get way too hot at times, and it can get in the way.  But this costume you have, this costume is your reality, and while everyone else can smile, giggle, and take off their costumes, you can't.  You're suffocating in your own skin.

Telling someone about my real feelings - that was finding the zipper to my costume, and finally breathing new air, stepping out into the world.

What do you think about me?

A very cliche AMA question, really.  I can't say much about you, other than I know you're that one guy who really looks good in pictures and plays Volcanics.  You were on CGC for a good while after your ban here, but I can't really say how much I saw of you there, either - I was the one who was always absent from that place, so.  You can be a bit funny at times, though a little overboard at others, and I can't say I've always liked the people you hung out with.  But, well, they're getting better, I guess, so there's that too.

May I call you Luna?

I'd prefer not to, honestly.  Not now, anyways.  I go by Kate now (subject to change at my whims, though I think this one is final).

I'm from Wilmington, so how far away does that make you?

YSBYbRu.png

Roughly makes me about a five hour's drive from you - not too long, really.  It's nice to have people from YCM be within reasonable driving distance... kekekekeke...

Also, how many names did you consider before you found a suitable name for yourself?

Too many to count.

But, I remember them all, at least the important ones...  Here we go.

Kate

Katherine

Catherine

Luna

Catherine

Naomi

Aza

Kate

How many texts have you sent that I never actually reveived?

"Not received" is qualified as me not replying to them.

Just need to know so I can try to fix something.

There is no real good and evil, perse. Everyone has a story, and everybody has different interpretations. If someone commits true evil and has no reason, then they are mentally ill; can they help that? Who knows.

While this is not MY AMA (I'm not interesting enough to have one), I really want to interject and say that, because absolutely everything that happens (the language we use, wearing clothes, conversation starters and topics, mannerisms, beliefs, et cetera) in humans is a socially conditioned result that society enforces (a common argument against free will), true evil is nothing but a standard created by an appeal to authority. Calling something true evil means nothing but saying most people are opposed to it.

How many texts have you sent that I never actually reveived?

"Not received" is qualified as me not replying to them.

Just need to know so I can try to fix something.

While this is not MY AMA (I'm not interesting enough to have one), I really want to interject and say that, because absolutely everything that happens (the language we use, wearing clothes, conversation starters and topics, mannerisms, beliefs, et cetera) in humans is a socially conditioned result that society enforces (a common argument against free will), true evil is nothing but a standard created by an appeal to authority. Calling something true evil means nothing but saying most people are opposed to it.

I think it's three or four.

And, agreed to the second part.

It isn't an odd question. I'm just doing the same thing everybody else is except, rather than asking about myself, I'm asking about another person.

So

If you left YCM in the near future and couldn't get a way back, and you somehow met a future member of it years from now and everybody from this time was gone, which members would you say had the biggest impact on your experience here and why? Show your work.

It isn't an odd question. I'm just doing the same thing everybody else is except, rather than asking about myself, I'm asking about another person.

So

If you left YCM in the near future and couldn't get a way back, and you somehow met a future member of it years from now and everybody from this time was gone, which members would you say had the biggest impact on your experience here and why? Show your work.

mathformula102108.jpg

Honestly, it's Agro.  He helped me come out of my shell and gave me the courage to tell people I was transgender.

Why are you writing math on an English paper? Oh, whatever.

Are you intimidated by anybody here? I know people are oftentimes with Black and stuff, but what about you?

Oh, and another question.

Okay, okay.
Focus more on this one than the other one 'cause it's more interesting.

Of the people you are aware of and ALL the qualities of all those members, which qualities are the most remarkable for some of those members? Basically, what are the most remarkable qualities you can think of that any few members have in particular?

Roughly makes me about a five hour's drive from you - not too long, really.  It's nice to have people from YCM be within reasonable driving distance... kekekekeke...

You also live in Maryland?
Oh, hey, your only like 3 hours from my house.... Heh.

Ever been to Ocean City?

Why are you writing math on an English paper? Oh, whatever.

Are you intimidated by anybody here? I know people are oftentimes with Black and stuff, but what about you?

Oh, and another question.

Okay, okay.
Focus more on this one than the other one 'cause it's more interesting.

Of the people you are aware of and ALL the qualities of all those members, which qualities are the most remarkable for some of those members? Basically, what are the most remarkable qualities you can think of that any few members have in particular?

I'm actually not intimidated by anyone here.  Apparently, I'm one of the more intimidating members of the site, which I can't bring myself to understand.  I'm very unremarkable and, well, to say the least, not interesting;  people seem to know this and avoid talking to me most of the time, so I'm left to go to everyone else to speak first.  A little depressing, and not what I like doing given that I have a tiny bit of people anxiety, but I've gotten over that.  I love talking to people.

The second one is tough.  It's not something I often think about, and I'm drawing blanks now that I actually am.  But, of all of the qualities that members possess, I think that Yin's current  zeal as a moderator is one of the more respectable (if not slightly annoying;  it's like coming across a ruleshark on DN) and forthcoming traits.  Your brevity and punctuation (I think that's the word to describe it) is also something that I've noticed, as well as your liking of anyone talking about you ever.  Kyng's perviness stands out, and Agro's self-hating is another, but I would like to work with him more on that.  He really doesn't deserve to dislike himself as much as he does.

You seem one of the better (or at least most active and interesting) cardmakers around here now. When did you get into it and this site?

I think it was around 2010, when I began playing Yu-Gi-Oh! as a freshman in highschool.  Really I didn't register until like 2011, where I didn't even post many cards - I mostly roleplayed.

You also live in Maryland?
Oh, hey, your only like 3 hours from my house.... Heh.

Ever been to Ocean City?

I have not - sorry!

Archived