[Serious] Toyo's AMA with no penis jokes.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which is your concept/definition of good card design? Or which official cards are examples of, in your opinion, well designed cards? and which cards crossed the line of balance, so to speak? (I don't mean uber broken cards, but those that are only 1~2 steps across said line, figuratively speaking).

From all the realistic cards you have made through the years, which is the one you like the most?

Um, custom or TCG? Because there's far too many customs to name and I literally can't care about the TCG at all.
Good design for me is a card that does exactly what it's supposed to, and tips the balance bar slightly towards the broken range. Cards that innovate with existing mechanics or turn the game rules upside down is always a fav of mine.

I've made too many cards, but there's 5 which I still hold somewhat dearly (they're all in duel portal if you wanna have a lookie)
1. Overwhelming Superfortress Jiggurat - Nominated for card of the month. Got overwhelmingly good reception, and is now in the RC Guide.
2. Melodica June - Everything sorta went right for this one. I love the image and it's Battle Fader-esque effect.
3. Daigusto Garudos - Pretty much perfect. Great name, image and it damn well succeeded in what I want it to do.
4. End of Dreams - Well, just look at its name. If you could boil badass names down to a yugioh card, it would be this.
5. ZERO ARM-S 'Calamity Machine' - Again, awesome name and awesome pic. I made this with the intention of making a rank 8 that can really cripple your opponent, and it did just that.

Archived