Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set Contest (Finished)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=Degritone]

Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 3 DARK monsters you control. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you Summon this card. When this card battles When this card declares an attack on a monster, or is targeted for an attack? During either player's Battle Step, when this card battles an opponent's monster? : Banish 1 DARK monster from your hand or Graveyard; inflict damage to the controller of the monster this card is battling defending monster's controller equal to the combined ATK of all monsters they control, then negate the attack, and end the Battle Phase. When this card is destroyed: You can banish it; your opponent loses 1000 life points.

Destiny Hero - Plasma is better, and easier to summon, plus Plasma doesn't banish (and Plasma doesn't prevent your battle phase). Its effect IS mandatory. The only useful thing about it might be its last effect, though afaics, it can only be destroyed without summoned via Yaksha.

• Knight of the Night
  • 26/44 - OCG: 1 effect won't make sense with the original wording (see this ruling).
  • 20/42 - Balance
  • 2/8 - Personal Liking: picture only.
  • 6/6 - Aesthetics
  • Total: 54/100

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Josolche]

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned with by the effect of a "Madolche" card. And cannot be Special Summoned other ways. While you control a "Madolche" Spell/Trap Card, this card is also Fairy-Type. When this card in your possession is destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle or by card effect) and sent to your Graveyard: Shuffle this card into the Deck. When this card is Special Summoned: Shuffle 1 card on the field into the Deck.

Its effect is good, it doesn't target though. There's no card that's actually immune being shuffled to deck, so it might needs to target. Its effect can proc multiple times in a turn also.

• Madolche Drateaux
  • 38/44 - OCG
  • 36/42 - Balance
  • 6/8 - Personal Liking: minus picture.
  • 5/6 - Aesthetics: minus picture.
  • Total: 85/100

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Aqua Hina]

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Cannot be Special Summoned  if unless you control a no Special Summoned monster. If your opponent controls a Special Summoned monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). When this card is Special Summoned, OR when your opponent Special Summons a monster: Target 1 Special Summoned monster your opponent controls; while this card is face-up on the field, take control of that target. If this effect is activated, this turn, this card cannot be destroyed by battle until the end of this turn, and your opponent takes no damage until then. You can only use the effect of "Illya, the Illusion Charmer" once per turn.

Reviewed in this post (as Card A). To sum that review, monarchs totally abuse this card.

• Illya, the Illusion Charmer
  • 36/44 - OCG
  • 28/42 - Balance
  • 7/8 - Personal Liking: surprised? well, I like the card.
  • 6/6 - Aesthetics
  • Total: 77/100

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=magemeek22]

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Cannot be Special Summoned except by its own effect. You can banish 3 "Dark Magician" and/or "Dark Magician Girl" monsters from your side of the field, hand, and/or Graveyard; Special Summon this card from your hand?. Monsters from the Extra Deck cannot activate their effects. When this card would? leaves the field: Banish this card; Special Summon the monsters banished for this card's Summon.

I'll consider it special summons itself from hand, and use Dark Magician and/or Dark Magician Girl only (not including Dark Magician of Illusions, Toon Dark Magician Girl, etc). This card can stuck most of the times, while being pretty overpowered if it is summoned. Lowering its cost to 1 might help, and including those other dark magicians might also help.

• Eradicator Shaman
  • 24/44 - OCG: most points down from that major ambiguity (special summon from?).
  • 28/42 - Balance
  • 4/8 - Personal Liking: might be good if it's tweaked a bit.
  • 6/6 - Aesthetics
  • Total: 62/100

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=UnendingEmpire]

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. If you control a face-up Machine-Type monster equipped with a Machine-Type Union Monster: You can Tribute that monster; Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn: You can target 1 Machine-Type monster in your hand or Graveyard; equip that target to this card. This card's ATK is equal to the total Levels of all monsters equipped to it x 200. While face-up on the field, this card is also treated as Machine-Type.

Its atk caps at 2400 with a level 12 monster (in single turn). Highest mostly playable machine deck runs level 10 monsters (for 2000 atk). That's if this card is less costly to summon. With it being too hard (and costly) to summon, and mostly being useless after it's summoned, no one will use it.

• Mechanomancer Witch
  • 38/44 - OCG
  • 20/42 - Balance
  • 0/8 - Personal Liking
  • 6/6 - Aesthetics
  • Total: 64/100

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=JustAnotherDuelist]

Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 1 face-up WATER monster you control, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 WATER monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it. It cannot attack this turn, also its effects are negated. You can only use the effect of "Leviathan, Ruler of the Seas" once per turn.

Good card actually. The only flaw that I see is on its lore, it should be 'that target' rather than 'it'. And it matters.

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=TEM23]

Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. You can This card can be Special Summon this card (from your hand?) by sending the top 4 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard. You must have only "Lightsworn" and/or "Judgment" monsters in your Graveyard to activate this effect. Once per turn: You can Special Summon up to 2 monsters cards from your Graveyard. (You must control no other cards to activate and to resolve this effect.) During each of your End Phases: Send the top 4 cards from your Deck to the Graveyard.

This card can be special summoned if you have a Necro Gardna in your grave, because its special summon is not an effect. That clause is applied to the following effect instead. This card fills the grave faster than lightsworn spells (they fills it by 3), while providing a huge monster on field. Plus, you can special summon this card like a boss. Also, it's a level 8 monster. And it works on other decks that needs milling. (I haven't commented a thing on its special summoning effect, and I won't.)

• Lychinus, Sword of Judgment
  • 22/44 - OCG
  • 14/42 - Balance
  • 1/8 - Personal Liking: only picture's background.
  • 5/6 - Aesthetics
  • Total: 42/100

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Ascended Dragon Sage]

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by Tributing 1 Level/Rank 8 or higher Machine-Type monster you control, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. While this card is face-up on the field, monsters you control cannot be targeted by card effects. If this card is destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle or card effect): You can target 1 monster on the field; destroy that target.

Pretty balanced effects (without seeing its huge def). The most costless way to summon it is by using Dreary Doll, and perhaps Cyber Eltanin (after nuking the field). Its def is too huge though, 2600-2800 would be nice, as 3000 prevents most monsters from killing it by battle. Untargetable Midrash is viable in shaddolls with 3 Cyber Eltanin (plus some cyber dragons if needed).

• Reflector Lens Satellite
  • 36/44 - OCG
  • 28/42 - Balance: its def is too huge.
  • 7/8 - Personal Liking: minus name.
  • 5/6 - Aesthetics: minus name.
  • Total: 76/100

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Kamishiro Ryoga]

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Cannot Must be Special Summoned (from your hand?) except by banishing 5 Spirit monsters from your hand and/or Graveyard, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card returns to its owner's hand During the End Phase of the turn this card is Special Summoned: Return it to the hand. This card is unaffected by the effect of other Spirit monsters. You can pay 800 Life Points; to Normal Summon or Set 1 Spirit monster from your hand. If this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: You can target 1 of your banished Spirit monsters; add that target to your hand.

Too hard to summon. Its unlimited additional normal summon isn't that bad (It might even want a cost reduction, to 500 perhaps). Making its last effect triggers when it leaves field would be better.

• Amaterasu
  • 18/44 - OCG
  • 28/42 - Balance: too hard to summon.
  • 6/8 - Personal Liking: needs tweaks.
  • 6/6 - Aesthetics
  • Total: 58/100

[/spoiler]

Finally, finished this. Took me like a whole day (around 1/3 of my whole day actually, not including my sleep). So please give me some merits for this. :3

This is not final, until Rtyui say so.

Yes, could you please explain the name thing?

Totally personal, but its name just seems a bit off to me. It's mainly because of that Lens. And also, lenses don't reflect lights. I would go with Reflector Satellite, or Citadel; whatever it is, just without that Lens.

[spoiler=Degritone]

• Knight of the Night
  • 26/44 - OCG: 1 effect won't make sense with the original wording (see this ruling).
  • 14/42 - Balance
  • 2/8 - Personal Liking: picture only.
  • 6/6 - Aesthetics
  • Total: 48/100
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Josolche]
  • Madolche Drateaux
  • 40/44 - OCG
  • 36/42 - Balance
  • 6/8 - Personal Liking: minus picture.
  • 5/6 - Aesthetics: minus picture.
  • Total: 87/100
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Aqua Hina]
  • Illya, the Illusion Charmer
  • 36/44 - OCG
  • 20/42 - Balance
  • 7/8 - Personal Liking: surprised? well, I like the card.
  • 6/6 - Aesthetics
  • Total: 69/100
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=magemeek22]
  • Eradicator Shaman
  • 24/44 - OCG: most points down from that major ambiguity (special summon from?).
  • 20/42 - Balance
  • 4/8 - Personal Liking: might be good if it's tweaked a bit.
  • 6/6 - Aesthetics
  • Total: 54/100
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=UnendingEmpire]
  • Mechanomancer Witch
  • 38/44 - OCG
  • 14/42 - Balance
  • 0/8 - Personal Liking
  • 6/6 - Aesthetics
  • Total: 58/100
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=JustAnotherDuelist][/spoiler]
[spoiler=TEM23][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Ascended Dragon Sage]
  • Reflector Lens Satellite
  • 36/44 - OCG
  • 20/42 - Balance: its def is too huge.
  • 7/8 - Personal Liking: minus name.
  • 5/6 - Aesthetics: minus name.
  • Total: 68/100
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Kamishiro Ryoga]
  • Amaterasu
  • 18/44 - OCG
  • 20/42 - Balance: too hard to summon.
  • 6/8 - Personal Liking: needs tweaks.
  • 6/6 - Aesthetics
  • Total: 50/100
[/spoiler]

Finally, finished this. Took me like a whole day (around 1/3 of my whole day actually, not including my sleep). So please give me some merits for this. :3

This is not final, until Rtyui say so.
I think your OCG judging for my card seems a bit off, at least I'm pretty sure my original one was more accurate. As for balance issues, yea Monarch can run this, but if they really do, I heard something named consistency just collasped, you do realized that it has Charmer clause right?

Your OCG judging for my card seems a bit off, at least I'm pretty sure my original one was more accurate.

References: Masked Chameleon, Divine Dragon Knight Felgrand. Please provide references if you want to do something with it.

As for balance issues, yea Monarch can run this, but if they really do, I heard something named consistency just collasped, you do realized that it has Charmer clause right?

It's the reverse. It adds a better Soul Exchange to the deck. By charmer clause, this? -> 'while this card is face-up on the field, ...'. I do realize that. And more, its 'your opponent takes no damage' part acts pretty much the same as in Exciton Knight.

This is how it's played in monarchs:

• Special summon this card, take control of 1 monster from your opp.
  • Normal summon Caius by using that taken monster (not Ilya), banish something.
  • Ilya lives, your opponent's first special summon will be stolen.

JAD's entry from 92 to 90. Just found out that there's a colon that must be a semicolon.

References: Masked Chameleon, Divine Dragon Knight Felgrand. Please provide references if you want to do something with it.

It's the reverse. It adds a better Soul Exchange to the deck. By charmer clause, this? -> 'while this card is face-up on the field, ...'. I do realize that. And more, its 'your opponent takes no damage' part acts pretty much the same as in Exciton Knight.

This is how it's played in monarchs:

• Special summon this card, take control of 1 monster from your opp.
  • Normal summon Caius by using that taken monster (not Ilya), banish something.
  • Ilya lives, your opponent's first special summon will be stolen.
JAD's entry from 92 to 90. Just found out that there's a colon that must be a semicolon.
My reference for the first part is the whole "Ghostrick" archetype, which is newer then Chameleon. Will try to find the latter part later since I'm currently on phone
And for balance issues for the Monarch, This card is inconsistent because it cannot guarantee you'll have a tribute fodder like Treeborn or Storm did, just a simple attack from weak NS-able monster or a bland removal effect is enough to take down it, not to mention it's a mandatory effect which is easy to deal with

I didn't expected full score from the balance, but at least I don't want the result that came from only 1 judge's decision (your score gap is too wide so that better judge's score like Sakura's one cannot do anything to the overall result)

My reference for the first part is the whole "Ghostrick" archetype, which is newer then Chameleon. Will try to find the latter part later since I'm currently on phone

Chameleon fits, ghostricks' version is for if you control something.

And for balance issues for the Monarch, This card is inconsistent because it cannot guarantee you'll have a tribute fodder like Treeborn or Storm did, just a simple attack from weak NS-able monster or a bland removal effect is enough to take down it, not to mention it's a mandatory effect which is easy to deal with

It mostly guarantees a tribute fodder. Storm and Soul Exchange still exists, and so does Treeborn. True, a simple attack works, but it renders your opp's battle phase get used just to hit this card, and your opp cannot special summon anything if they want to hit this card. It's not easy to deal with, and it's not because its mandatory effect. If it's not mandatory, when your opponent has something that can kill this card in battle, you will activate its effect when you have the chance anyway.

I didn't expected full score from the balance, but at least I don't want the result that came from only 1 judge's decision (your score gap is too wide so that better judge's score like Sakura's one cannot do anything to the overall result)

I'll up overall lower scores in Balance.

In terms of OCG, I'll reiterate the point that Konami is not always consistent with how they word their effects [even though they are improving at it]. Therefore, if there is no correct wording for the effect due to this, you were not docked points. 

Please note however that I did deduct points if you forgot proper phrases in OCG, like "and if you do" for the resolution of a card effect, "Must be (SS method) here and cannot be SS by other ways" and so on. 

Judging
I don't have time to add comments to every score, but if you have questions feel free to ask and I will elaborate.

Degritone
C:8
PN:9
O:25
U:18
B:20
Total:80

Magemeek22
C: 9
PN: 9
O: 28
U:18
B:28
Total:92

Unending Empire:
C: 8
PN: 8
O: 24
U: 17
B: 25
Total: 82

Josholche:
O: 23
U: 18
B: 27
Total: 86

Aqua
U: 19
B: 27
Total:92

TEM 23
C:7
PN:9
O: 24
B: 21
Total: 80

JustAnotherDuelist
C: 8
Total: 89

Kamishiro Ryoga
PN: 8
O: 20
U: 17
Total: 79

Ascended Dragon Sage
O: 29
U: 18
Total: 90

Ask questions if you like, I may have made a mistake.

I have a few questions.

1) Why is the usability of my card only 18? It has good synergy in Mermails and WATER decks in general. It can make easy Xyz plays and is a good beatstick in general. It probobaly has more usage than Degritone's (sorry) where you need 3 DARK monsters on the field. There's a lack of of DARK decks out there(with my known card database) that can summon that many monsters and would summon that monster rather than keeping field presence.

2) OCG-wise, I noticed most of the nomi clauses don't have the "and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways.

That's some off my head.

I have a few questions.

1) Why is the usability of my card only 18? It has good synergy in Mermails and WATER decks in general. It can make easy Xyz plays and is a good beatstick in general. It probobaly has more usage than Degritone's (sorry where you need 3 DARK monsters on the field. There's a lack of of DARK decks out there(with my known card database) that can summon that many monsters and would summon that monster rather than keeping field presence.

2) OCG-wise, I noticed most of the nomi clauses don't have the "and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways.

That's some off my head.

Well, actually light and dark attributes are the most common...upped your usability an OCG a bit.

Archived