[SCS 5] HERO Contest (Judging/Not Accepting)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I may:

Ucl7WlJ.jpg

1 "Cosmic HERO" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
Cannot be destroyed by battle. When this card attacks an opponent's monster, if the ATK of this  card is less than the ATK of the attack target: You can banish 1 "Cosmic HERO" monster in your Graveyard; this card's ATK becomes equal to the ATK of the attack target. If that monster is destroyed by that battle, this card can declare a second attack in a row.

I'll join this as well

[spoiler='Here's my entry']

OFBQqgD.jpg

Must be Special Summoned with "Mask Change" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. When this card is Special Summoned: Return up to 2 cards on the field to the hand. Once per turn, during your opponent's End Phase: You can target 1 Spell/Trap card on the field; destroy that target.

[/spoiler]

Ok, it took a while, but here is my card. I changed it as it was originally a Masked HERO, but there probably would have been too many in the contest, or it wouldn't have been that original, so:

96ShW4k.jpg

LORE:

1 "Elemental HERO" monster + 1 or more FIRE or EARTH monsters

Must be Fusion Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card gains the following effect(s) depending on the Attribute(s) of the Fusion materials used to summon this card:

• EARTH: This card is unaffected by Trap Cards.
  • FIRE: When this card destroys your opponent's monster by battle, you can banish that monster instead of sending it to the Graveyard, and if you do, inflict 1000 damage to your opponent.

I realise the weird design means that the OCG is probably a bit off, but oh well.

Here is my entry:

aCU8iqe.jpg

In written form:
Shine HERO Break The Storm
(OCG: S-HERO Break The Storm)

RN 4 | LIGHT | Warrior | Xyz
2700 | 2000
3 Level 4 monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card by using 1 Level 8 or higher "HERO" Fusion monster you control as Xyz Material. When this card is Xyz Summoned: you can send 1 "HERO" monster from your deck to the Graveyard; destroy 1 card your opponent controls. Once per turn, during either player's turn: you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Fusion Summon 1 "HERO" Fusion monster from your Extra Deck by banishing the appropriate Fusion Material monsters from your side of the field or your Graveyard.

Pic snatched from JK.

Alright, editing the main post to reflect that you submitted an entry.

Again, I apologize for accelerating the deadline to this Friday from the original two weeks, but I should've figured that most of you guys would be on vacation now [or not as busy as during the school year].

I need to edit Empoledon's spoiler on the entry post.

With that said though, if you guys haven't submitted a card or planning a last minute entry, make sure you do it by this week.

Thanks.

I'd like to submit an entry

[spoiler=HERO Card]

1hbc5l.jpg

Evil HERO Vile Grasp (DARK)

Rank 4
[Fiend/Xyz/Effect]

2 Level 4 "HERO" Monsters

You can also Xyz Summon this card using a "HERO" Fusion Monster you control as the Xyz Material.

Once per turn: you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and target 1 other face-up card on the field;

its' effect(s) are negated during this turn, and if the target is a monster - its ATK and DEF are halved

until the End Phase. This card cannot attack the turn you activate this effect. This card cannot be used

as a Fusion Material Monster. 

ATK /2400  DEF/1400

[/spoiler]

Alright I'm here, I thought I would get it in earlier:

21mi4he.jpg

[spoiler=Lore:] Pendulum Eff: (1): When you Pendulum Summon monsters: You can also summon monsters with appropriate levels from your Spell & Trap Card Zone. (2): "Visions Hero" monsters summoned by this effect can still activate their effects. (3): When this card is destroyed, put it in your Spell & Trap Card Zone.

Monster Eff: (1): You can Tribute 1 "HERO" monster to Special Summon this card from your Spell & Trap Card Zone. (2): All monsters you control gain 100 ATK and DEF for each Spell/Trap on the field,"HERO" monsters gain 200 ATK instead. (3): When this card is destroyed: target 1 "HERO" monster, tribute that monster and inflict half of its ATK to your Life Points then put this card in 1 of your Pendulum Card Zones. [/spoiler]

Have a great day!

Not for another 73 minutes.

At the moment I'm typing this, it is 9:47 pm HST. The deadline is 11 pm HST (or GMT -10)

With that said, those members who didn't already submit an entry (or are making last minute registrations), make sure you do it before the deadline hits.

I will begin judging stuff either tomorrow/Sunday. Since no other members applied to help judge (and this isn't because of the new Judging test), I'm going to be handling the judging alone this time.

Not for another 73 minutes.
At the moment I'm typing this, it is 9:47 pm HST. The deadline is 11 pm HST (or GMT -10)

With that said, those members who didn't already submit an entry (or are making last minute registrations), make sure you do it before the deadline hits.

I will begin judging stuff either tomorrow/Sunday. Since no other members applied to help judge (and this isn't because of the new Judging test), I'm going to be handling the judging alone this time.

Ok. Here I'm in GMT-8 but it's 12:56AM here

As a sidenote, Hawaiʻi does not observe daylight savings time unless most of the USA. Hence, it'll always stay as GMT -10 (a constant timezone).

There's a reason I provided a link to a time converter, so you can correlate the time your card needs to be here (in your area) with my time. For safety reasons, it's best to get it in when it hits 11 pm in your area (unless of course, you live in some of the Polynesian islands [as some of them are a hour or so behind my state])

So I can still enter, right?

I'll just post my card.

[spoiler=Entry]

r7VFVcr.jpg

1 HERO monster + 1 Insect-type monster
Must be Special Summoned with "Dark Fusion" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls or in their Graveyard; equip that target to this card. (You can only equip 1 monster at a time to this card with this effect.) If this card on the field would be destroyed, the monster equipped to it with this effect is destroyed, instead. 

[/spoiler]

I've been really tired the past couple days (lack of sleep during the semester finally came back to bite me hard), so I didn't grade them until earlier today.

I'll have the results up later tonight.

Prizes will be awarded after scores are posted [and any questions related to judging].

EDIT: Sorry for the delay guys, but results are in.

[spoiler=Scores]

Thunderclap

B: 13.5

C: 12

O: 14.5

T: 5

Total: 45

J-Max

B: 10 (this can fuel Shining spam and possible Rank 6s to some degree due to the lack of a restriction on multiples)

C: 11

O: 12 (you forgot to put parentheses around its self SS effect and quote marks around 1st E-HERO. And spelling error)

Total: 38

R3T3Y3U3I3

B: 12

C: 9.5 (revival cards are nice, especially since HEROs need some in a way; but note that this only works on the Main Deck stuff for the most part as Fusions are Nomi [excluding most of the Neos fusions]. The BP lock is understandable to some extent, since HEROs tend to go into another Extra Deck; especially with Mask Change 2 out.)

O: 13.5

Total: 39.5

Yakimura

B: 11

C: 7

O: 11

Total: 34

I should note that the EARTH effect doesn't make much sense [unless you meant to say x200]. In a way, you can use the materials that would normally go to Electrum and make this.

Philemon

B: 13

C: 12.5

Chaos Sonic

B: 14

C: 13.5

Total: 47

Overfrost

B: 12.5

C: 13

O: 14

Total: 44.5

Hopefully you realize that you're also supporting Galaxy/Photons as well with this card; so their play value is factored in here as well.

Feartheghost

O: 10

Total: 38

Unending

B: 10

C: 14

Total: 43

Enma Ai

C: 12

O: 12

Total: 41

sharprentina

C: 8

O: 7.5

Total: 30.5

josholche

B: 10.5 (One of the problems I have with this card is that it's essentially going to regenerate every turn from your hand/Grave; especially with multiple copies.)

O: 15

Total: 43.5

Reginanos

B: 14 (similar to Junk Destroyer in the way that your opponent gets field destroyed, but you get at least 2 cards out; but your opponent does get to replenish their hand in return)

Total: 46.5

guthixman

C: 9

O: 11

Total: 35

TEM 23

B: 12.5 (Note that the Fusion SS effect only works on the Vision ones; recall that most E-HERO Fusions are Nomi and can't be revived with it)

O: 12.5

Total: 43

maxus1576

B: 7.5 (I have to give a low mark here since without knowing what Cosmic HEROs besides this do; can't gauge on how quickly you can summon this out. With its effect, it's pretty much going to be able to kill most, if not all monsters it attacks b/c ATK will only keep rising due to its maintaining its new power; even though it requires a banish)

C: 10

Total: 37.5

Aqua

B: 14.5 (lack of a viable WIND Hero outside of Stratos makes this a bit difficult to summon with Mask Change, though the new Spell circumvents this to an extent)

Total: 48

Empoledom

B: 11

Total: 41

Vector

C: 14

O: 13.5

Total: 46.5

Dramatic

B: 13

Qliphoth

B: 12.5

Total: 45.5

EPTinYugi

O: 11.5

Total: 39.5

Electric Wizard

Total: 47.5

Top 4

1st – Aqua (48.0)

2nd – Electric Wizard (47.5)

3rd – Chaos Sonic (47)

4th – Vector Nightmare / Reginanos (46.5)[/spoiler]

As J-Max donated 500 points to be used as a prize [I think I gave him a rep for it earlier], the allocation of them is as thus.

1st Place - 50% [250]

2nd Place - 30% [150]

3rd Place - 10% [50]

4th place will get their usual GFX award.

Luckily the final scores were even; otherwise the prize pool would have to be reallocated accordingly. I don't like doing sudden death matches to decide a new winner [and I feel using a generator to randomly choose a winner is bad].

Anyway, if you guys have any questions about the judging and stuff (if I didn't say something), I'll leave the contest open for a day or so. Not giving in-depth CnC because of the amount of entries and that some of the members in here don't check back; I'll answer questions about how I graded you, but that's assuming you ask about it.

Archived