So lets say we got a perfect ban list.

+0 is not banworthy.

k.

You know perfectly well what I mean: that a mere +0 isn't banworthy on its own. It is made banworthy by the specific effects of certain cards' date=' but regular spin isn't that; that's why Jackal hasn't been banned.

[/quote']

Jackal hasn't been banned because he has to attack to use his effect, and he's a 2 tribute monster.

Also, it only works on monsters.

Jackal has an actual semi-lockdown. The strategy you describe for Raiza seems to be "cross your fingers and pray you have 3 Raiza in your hand and some unnamed continuous source of tributes".

As for only working on monsters: So? The only spell/trap that you can't chain to Raiza is Mirror Force.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
+0 is not banworthy.

k.

You know perfectly well what I mean: that a mere +0 isn't banworthy on its own. It is made banworthy by the specific effects of certain cards' date=' but regular spin isn't that; that's why Jackal hasn't been banned.

[/quote']

Jackal hasn't been banned because he has to attack to use his effect, and he's a 2 tribute monster.

Jackal has an actual semi-lockdown. The strategy you describe for Raiza seems to be "cross your fingers and pray you have 3 Raiza in your hand and some unnamed continuous source of tributes".

As for only working on monsters: So? The only spell/trap that you can't chain to Raiza is Mirror Force.

Much easier to disable a Jackal than a Raiza.

As I said in my last post, it's not just the lockdown why I believe what I believe.

+0 is not banworthy.

k.

[/quote']

As I said in my last post, it's not just the lockdown why I believe what I believe.

Your last post merely says that you've only dueled 3 monarch decks, 2 of which were bad.

+0 is not banworthy.

k.

[/quote']

Your last post merely says that you've only dueled 3 monarch decks, 2 of which were bad.

You know which one I was talking about :/

+0 is not banworthy.

k.

[/quote']

The one where you thought 9-Monarch-0-Treeborn builds would become overpowered?

+0 is not banworthy.

k.

[/quote']

So it's not easy to disable Raiza lock?

But wait you have no firsthand experience of this lock.

Ever notice how your "Raiza lock" has never won an SJC?

If it were that easy, don't you think last format would have had 2 turn long duels with 3 Raizas?

+0 is not banworthy.

k.

[/quote']

I never said Treeborn was banned.

I never said you use 9 monarchs. I listed 3 different monarchs.

You apparently don't read all the way through posts, either.

@Red: You should probably start reading instead of ranting.

+0 is not banworthy.

k.

[/quote']

If you're complaining that Raiza is going to be at 3, then that implies that at least 7 Monarchs will be run. And if you don't think Treeborn Frog should be banned, learn to play.

+0 is not banworthy.

k.

[/quote']

You listed 3 different monarchs, and all were being used. That essentially means you're saying use 9 Monarchs with 0 Treeborn Frog.

You apparently are bad at the game and should quit sucking.

@slayer: stop sucking.

If you're complaining that Raiza is going to be at 3' date=' then that implies that at least 7 Monarchs will be run. And if you don't think Treeborn Frog should be banned, learn to play.

[/quote']

I never said it shouldn't be banned, either. You can't automatically assume anything from what I said, unless you don't realize what I'm really saying.

Raiza at 3 is like throwing salt back into the same old wound. Decks that aren't all-for will get trampled, and the game is just going to become swarm and control. Monarchs try to control, and the other decks swarm so they don't get controlled. If they don't swarm, then they're going to be at a disadvantage on the next turn, which slowly creates more and more disadvantage.

If you're complaining that Raiza is going to be at 3' date=' then that implies that at least 7 Monarchs will be run. And if you don't think Treeborn Frog should be banned, learn to play.

[/quote']

I never said it shouldn't be banned, either. You can't automatically assume anything from what I said, unless you don't realize what I'm really saying.

So lets say we got a perfect ban list.

we got a perfect ban list.

PERFECT BAN LIST.

I assumed that it was understood by anyone who knew how to play that Treeborn Frog would be banned in a PERFECT BAN LIST.

Raiza at 3 is like throwing salt back into the same old wound. Decks that aren't all-for will get trampled' date=' and the game is just going to become swarm and control. Monarchs try to control, and the other decks swarm so they don't get controlled. If they don't swarm, then they're going to be at a disadvantage on the next turn, which slowly creates more and more disadvantage.

[/quote']

3 Raiza + Treeborn didn't shut out all other decktypes; 3 Raiza sans Treeborn isn't going to do so either. Burn decks like CO, Chain, and Baboon were some of the best decks last format, remember?

[/quote']

Raiza at 3 is like throwing salt back into the same old wound. Decks that aren't all-for will get trampled, and the game is just going to become swarm and control. Monarchs try to control, and the other decks swarm so they don't get controlled. If they don't swarm, then they're going to be at a disadvantage on the next turn, which slowly creates more and more disadvantage.

God.

You act like Monarchs are the best monsters in the game.

Monarchs are good, but are hardly the best. There are decks that do control better than Monarchs do such as Emperor Control in OCG. Monarchs have the fatal flaw of requiring a tribute to get of a situational effect. Without the most consistent tribute engine in the game, Monarchs loss a whole lot of speed and strength, allowing for longer dry periods.

If you are good at the game, you'd notice that during the SJCs, Monarchs didn't always take top.

Hell, even if Raiza was at 3 with Treeborn Frog Monarchs still wouldn't be broken.

actually why would you need treeborn?

you just tribute your own raiza to get the efect o.O

as spinning is the most powerful effect 2 words

DEAD DRAW

its worse then getting a mirror force mst or your malicious zaborged

getting either sent back to the top of your deck is worse than it getting destroyed

actually why would you need treeborn?

you just tribute your own raiza to get the efect o.O

Because you can rely on your opponent to never have any form of monster removal' date=' right? And you can consistently draw all three Raiza together, especially since it's so searchable, right?

as spinning is the most powerful effect

Not nowadays; Deck = Hand, remember? Raigeki Break is starting to see play over PWWB. Of course, that will probably change when DAD, Explosion, Dimension Fusion, and DMoC are all banned.

2 words

DEAD DRAW

its worse then getting a mirror force mst or your malicious zaborged

getting either sent back to the top of your deck is worse than it getting destroyed

Why would you have a Malicious face-up on the field to GET Zaborged?

Also, the escape from this so called "Raiza-lock" (which happens to be more situational than the Ultimate Tyranno OTK) is the same as the escape from the Jackal lock: Don't Set a card, or at least don't Set non-chainables.

no you see all the way through the duel i was on top till he drew his sided dd survivor

and by this time he had 3 in his hand

and my malicious edge got zaborged as he activated ultimate offering and tribed his spirit reaper on my turn >.<

and no ididnt have monster removal at that point

no you see all the way through the duel i was on top till he drew his sided dd survivor

and by this time he had 3 in his hand

and my malicious edge got zaborged as he activated ultimate offering and tribed his spirit reaper on my turn >.<

and no ididnt have monster removal at that point

Oh, I thought you were referring to Destiny Hero Malicious. You know, the card that actually works in Monarch decks.

Why were you running Evil Hero Malicious Edge in Macro Monarchs?

i wasnt i was using it as an example lol

the 3 raiza hit i was using macro monarch and a cept getting a sorl bounced so i was boned =/

but many a time i have had myself getting things such as marshmallons constantly bounced

perfect ban list for me = 1 raiza 1 frog

not 3 raiza 0 frog

yes but eventually your going to set somthing

plus in my experiance hes never really been that much of a problem a good card but not ban worthy in my eyes

So wait we're going by experience now?

"In my experience guys, Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End has never really been that much of a problem, a good card but not ban worthy in my eyes."

I think that your experience is less than useful. You're the same guy that thinks that Snipe Hunter is just an over - rated card.

Your logic is horrible. Your arguments are horrible. Your grammar and spelling is horrible.

yes my grammar and spelling is horrible but my logic isnt

anyway most of the decks i have faced have run treeborn and its never really been much of a problem to me

yes its a good card but we cant go banning all good cards as its not overpowered

chaos emperor dragon is

and yes snipe hunter is over rated

and back to the point if raiza wasnt a problem to everyone why did it get limited in the first place

Archived