YCM Freelance Club

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jake, are you bake(d)? You know, like a cake, just not so fake. Now make...way for my sake.

*steps aside*

Floors all yours man . . . .

Now back onto the topic at hand. We need some more races for "Legends of Orai". We have have vampires, werewolves, elves, and more. Suggestions?

Basically almost ANYTHING is possible. I will even be willing to add talking ponies if need be.

Oh God Dae has joined the fray!

Hu . . . totally didn't mean for that to rhyme.

Erm, I think that worked well...

And think all you want, ponies could be a more attractable addition too I guess...

EDIT: Btw, is anyone willing to help me with my Dynasty Warriors inspired RP, if anyone is good at RPing that is...?

Clubs always meant meeting people, and getting your posts up. It's a win for everyone. That being said...

Username: GundamSage

No. of Stars: It's right over there 1...

Which Forum(s)/Subject(s) do you specialize in?: Custom Cards, A very little amount of Creative Writing. (I keep it to my notebook IRL.)

I do have some experience writing a fanfic (there's one I've been working on since spring 2010 or something; though it's mostly some pre-sequel of 5Ds or something; or more of a mixed anime since I did throw some references to Naruto or something; even more so in second season). Last time I checked, I had around 270+ pages in a word document [sheesh] and still only on Chapter 58 (Season 2).

Not posted over here though (I intended to do it eventually; just have to get some of the fluff cleaned out of it because of some degree of OPed-ness).

Ooooh, this looks interesting. Perhaps I'll give it a try. It's been a while since I joined an actual club, after all.

Username: Merciful Idiot

No. of Stars: 6

Which Forum(s)/Subject(s) do you specialize in?:
For forums... Let's see, there's roleplaying. I've been doing it for five years, had an RP finish all by myself, and in case you guys haven't noticed, there's this massive GCRP that's been alive and kicking for over a year now, and is now in its fourth and final arc... It's like, pretty big. At least, much bigger than any other RP in the past three years.

And I run it. Alone. Though Phantom Roxas helps out a lot, in such a way that it couldn't really have worked without him~

There's also fanfiction. Okay, so I don't normally post in that section since it's half-dead, but I usually post them on FF.net where they're gaining in popularity over time. Update infrequently though. Right now I'm working on Kreise der Spiralen and Fate: The Original Heroes.

Then, when it comes to subjects... Well, I'm good at technology, video editing, music, decent at digital drawing, and I'm beginning to learn hip-hop dancing. Is that considered a subject? Also, I'm working on a novel called Diamond of Black, but I don't expect to finish that little project until Christmas at the earliest.

...So then! Hello.

*steps aside*

Floors all yours man . . . .

Now back onto the topic at hand. We need some more races for "Legends of Orai". We have have vampires, werewolves, elves, and more. Suggestions?

Basically almost ANYTHING is possible. I will even be willing to add talking ponies if need be.

So, if this is a roleplay where any race is possible, why not just leave it up to the participants what race they want to choose, and have them come up with the various details themselves? I mean, it seems a whole lot more simple than just making a really large list of races.

You could always just have a simple list, and then leave the rest of the races up to the imagination of those who wish to join. That way, it won't be one-dimensional since everyone would be contributing their own particular idea to the overall product.

'Course, it's just a suggestion. I for one would love to use a more obscure race.

So, if this is a roleplay where any race is possible, why not just leave it up to the participants what race they want to choose, and have them come up with the various details themselves? I mean, it seems a whole lot more simple than just making a really large list of races.

You could always just have a simple list, and then leave the rest of the races up to the imagination of those who wish to join. That way, it won't be one-dimensional since everyone would be contributing their own particular idea to the overall product.

'Course, it's just a suggestion. I for one would love to use a more obscure race.

Well that might lead to a case of someone picking out some OP'ed race like, say Time Lord. While almost any race is viable I have to admit that there are going to be some that cannot outright exist within Orai due to constraints that would damage the overall plot.

If you read a few posts back into the thread; an idea for a club RP is up in the air (pretty much Pokemon based, but we need a plotline of how things will work out).

Any ideas?

Renegade and Chaos Sonic had an interesting role play once with a Pokemon theme. The entire plot was basically Team Magma and Aqua managed to succeed in their goal and almost destroyed the world. In the time afterwards people rebuilt society the King decided to celebrate with the first Pokemon Tournament since the collapse. Unfortunately a new "evil organization" is out to use the tournament to track down and eliminate all of the Legendary Pokemon because they see them as "being the cause of destruction".

So you basically have Evil Organization vs. Guardians of Legendary Pokemon

Well that might lead to a case of someone picking out some OP'ed race like, say Time Lord. While almost any race is viable I have to admit that there are going to be some that cannot outright exist within Orai due to constraints that would damage the overall plot.

Well, just because they submitted an application doesn't mean that you have to accept it, right? Besides, you can always clarify the "races that shouldn't exist" such as, say, aliens or robots.

Once that's done, you might be surprised at how competent roleplayers prove themselves to be~

So you basically have Evil Organization vs. Guardians of Legendary Pokemon

Ooooh, I know this. It was called "PKMN: Tournament of Legends". It was an interesting idea, and I wanted to take it a step even further by introducing Gilgamesh, though a part of me's kinda worried that I contributed to its death that way, even though the subplot was only a post away from concluding... It might just be a coincidence though, and interest just died around that time.

Even so, the concept of the RP worked, and it was pretty successful for a while. If we use the same basic structure, that could help.

There was another Pokemon RP that I liked, though this one never really got off the ground. It revolved around a region taken over by this evil team, and so Pokemon Champions from all over the globe were being called in order to help defeat them and free the place.

Having everyone be a champion seems like an incredibly interesting concept IMO, so that's an idea right there.

It might just work, all we need is the actual plot written down and whoever is willing to host the RP may do so. It will count as a joint project so then I don't have to handle so much.

Now, question of the month: Would you start a business based on your specialty? If so, how do you plan on doing that?

(Topic will remain unchanged unless I state otherwise, so...)

Archived