Noble Knights of the Round Table Box Set [GO BUY IT NOW]

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, Merlin is a Spell, then?

...Interesting.

Merlin's probably going to be a monster, since he's shown on the playmat having an actual body. Also, it mentioned that the new cards would be Merlin, a Noble Knight, and a Spell. So if he was a spell, there would be another spell. 

Yes it is, that'll be the new monster that'll be introduced in the set.

I bet you anything it's going to be Noble Knight Bedwyr, since it looks like he's returning a broken Excaliburn (Bedivere returned Excalibur to the Lady). I am on the hypetrain that's going to crash. 

Also, just to note, Merlin has a dragon on his shoulder. "Pendragon". inb4konamidragonfetishmakesdragonboss

I bet you anything it's going to be Noble Knight Bedwyr, since it looks like he's returning a broken Excaliburn (Bedivere returned Excalibur to the Lady). I am on the hypetrain that's going to crash.

I know the names of the Nobles Knights are written in Welsh, so is Bedwyr, the welsh name for Merlin or something?

From what Konami already revealed to us about Merlin, I can imagine its effect being something along these lines:

During your Main Phase, if this card was Normal Summoned this turn and you control no other monsters: You can Tribute this card; Special Summon 1 "Noble Knight" monster from your Deck, except "(whatever the full name of this card will be)", and, if you do, equip 1 "Noble Arms" Equip Spell Card from your Deck to it. You cannot Special Summon any other monsters, except "Noble Knight" monsters, during the turn you activate this effect. You can only use the effect of "(ditto)" once per turn.

I'm not sure if quoting other players is looked down upon on YCM, but Masao updated us with some info: 

[spoiler='Masao's Information']
Masao, on 21 Jul 2014 - 9:36 PM, said:

No one posts in the sub-forum so I'm starting this up here, also it pertains more to single card discussion anyway. I'll update this post from time to time when I get a chance. All spoilers/hints/rumors from Snake and KevinLewart will be added in the appropriate categories as soon as I am aware of them. Once a piece of information is officially confirmed through a Konami blog post, Jump spoiler or the like, I will remove it immediately.

General Direction of the Game

● Shaddolls, Qliphoths and Noble Knights are projected by Konami to be the top meta decks for the rest of the year.
● S[a]tellarknights, Bujins and Yang Zings are projected to be solid tier 2 decks for the rest of the year.
● Shaddoll will receive the entire rainbow of Fusion Monsters. The remaining two are extremely relevant.
● By WCQ Season 2015, Yang Zings will be a high tier 2 if not tier 1 deck.

Topic of the Day: Noble Knight Bedwyr, Merlin and the Unnamed NK Spell Factsheets

Preface: The picture below is of KevinLewart playtesting the deck with the new support coded into his copy of YGOPRO against the TCG build of Shaddolls. His high card count in hand is due to the new support, not simple drawpass grind.

Noble Knight Bedwyr
● Bedwyr is a toolbox card in the vein of Drystan/Gwalchavad.
● Interacts with Gold Sarcophagus; has some form of effect when Banished.
● Bedwyr is a 1-of in the competitive build of the deck.
● First effect is the same as Borz. "This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field. While equipped with a "Noble Arms" Equip Spell Card, this card becomes an Effect Monster with these effects."

Merlin
● Merlin is to Noble Knights what Gwenhwyfar is to Noble Arms.
● Massively fixes consistency issues, one-card combo ignition.
● Merlin is a 3-of in the competitive build of the deck.

Unnamed Noble Knight Spell
● Fixes consistency issues, potential one-card combo ignition.
● Touted as a speed card, allows the deck to dig fast and hard for combo pieces.

Nou24sC.jpg

[/spoiler]

So, it looks like Noble Knights are going to be Tier 1, and Merlin's going to break it along with the [Unnamed] Spell Card. And we can use Golden Sarcophagus with a Noble Knight now.
Also, with that information, we can assume the Spell is going to either search a Noble Arm or a Noble Knight with some other type of benefit. As for the other Noble Knight, Bedwyr (called it!), it seems like he's just an answer to certain problems that the Deck wouldn't really need. 

Praise Masao, really. (I'd link to his post, but I'm not sure how to do that.)

My bad I should have crossposted here as well. Oh derp I guess I'm not the OP of this one, thought I was.

I'm sure Greiga could put the info into the OP if he wanted to.

Basically if you want to play NKs, you're going to need 3 of the Spell and 3 of Merlin. Get that $150 ready.

*Tentatively puts £90 aside*

• 2 weeks later...

Leaked info on the unnamed spell card, Last Chapter of the Noble Knights. 

https://yugiohblog.konami.com/articles/?p=6535

Overall, it's a great card, covering the weakness of the Knights. You can recover a dead Medraut, Special Summon something, and still have a Normal Summon. All because of one card. It makes Round Table so much more relevant too, and Borz becomes even better. The ideal monster you'd summon would probably Medraut or Gwalchavad, so you can use his effect to counterattack via Gawayn -> Xyz or popping with Drystan -> Xyz/Swarm. And you'd still have a Normal Summon. It's really nice  since you can swarm with the Knights and not lose Arms as often.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So Merlin is simply named "Merlin"? No fancy name nor anything? I find that a bit out of place, but that's just me. When I saw the thread on Merlin here in YCM its name on the card image was not visible so I was more or less expecting a better name.

Archived