Noble Knights of the Round Table Box Set [GO BUY IT NOW]

Hear ye, hear ye!

The Noble Knights have been appearing in Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME booster sets for the past two years. Now, Duelists can call one and all to their majestic Round Table this holiday season, with the new Noble Knights of the Round Table Box Set*! In addition to a pre-constructed Deck of Noble Knights, this box set includes a host of chivalric pageantry that will make this one holiday to remember!

The Noble Knights of the Round Table Box Set prepares the Noble Knights for challenging tournament play by adding key cards to this already popular Deck theme. Noble Knights have grown steadily stronger since their debut, but have lacked the guiding focus of Merlin, the fabled wizard of Arthurian legend! Merlin has now arrived, seeking the once and future king, and has the power to take a Noble Knight from your Deck, and turn him into a leader of men.

Let the tournaments commence!

In addition to Merlin, this boxed set’s pre-constructed ALL-FOIL deck of Platinum Rares – a brand new rarity – includes a new Noble Knight monster and a new Spell Card. Also included are an all-foil Power-Up Pack with 3 cards, a high quality, full-size rubber game mat, 70 new Round Table card sleeves, and a storage box to keep all the cards organized.

Each Noble Knights of the Round Table Box Set contains a 43-card, all-foil pre-constructed deck, one 3-card Power-Up Pack, one full size, rubber Game Mat, 70 card sleeves, and one storage box.

Merlin, a new Noble Knight, and a new spell card.

Noble Knight Bedwyr
LIGHT/Warrior/Effect
4/1600/1500
When this card is Normal or Special summoned: You can send 1"Noble Arms" Equip Spell Card from your Deck to the Graveyard. During either player's turn, you can target 1 "Noble Arms" Equip Spell Card and 1 appropriate monster on the field; equip that Equip Spell Card to that appropriate monster. This effect can only be used once while this card is face up on the field.

Merlin

DARK Spellcaster-Type / Level 3
You can only use each effect of "Merlin" once per turn.
-You can Tribute this card; Special Summon 1 "Noble Knight" monster from your Deck. You cannot Special Summon monsters the turn you activate this effect, except "Noble Knight" monsters.
-During either player's turn: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; immediately after this effect resolves, Synchro Summon 1 "Noble Knight" Synchro Monster using monsters you control.
-During either player's turn: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; immediately after this effect resolves, Xyz Summon 1 "Noble Knight" Xyz Monster using monsters you control.

1400/500

Last Chapter of the Noble Knights
Last Chapter of the Noble Knights is a Normal Spell you can activate when your opponent controls at least one monster and you don’t. It targets 1 “Noble Arms” Equip Spell in your Graveyard and 1 “Noble Knight” monster in your Graveyard that can be equipped with that Spell. When it resolves, you Special Summon that monster and equip it with the Equip Spell. You can only activate one Last Chapter of the Noble Knights per turn, but that’s the only limitation. You’re free to Summon whatever you want afterwards, no Life Points are lost, no Battle Phases are lost, no effects negated, you don’t have to Summon in Defense Position or anything like that. Your chosen champion just gets right back in the game, armed and ready to fight for what’s right.

[spoiler=the product]u80D430.png

h9gGmYi.jpg

gQ8qU2I.jpg

MpeNNv8.jpg

[/spoiler]

Release Date: RELEASED

Yes, the sleeves are sideways design.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spell's probably going to be the Holy Grail or something that has to do with Noble Knights in the Graveyard or a Noble Arms for immunity. And the knight hopefully is going to interact with the Field Spell as well.

And Merlin seems like it Special Summons a Noble Knight from the Deck and either boosts its ATK or uses it as an Xyz Material for something.

This is without doubt, of the most disgusting moves done by Konami in a very long time.

Here you have an archtype that Konami slowly rolls out over the course of 2 years. They make it the highest possible rarity, which did 2 things, made it extremely expensive and difficult to build for those who wanted to build it and made it a bunch of useless holos for those who didn't want to build it, clogging our packs. The most important card in the deck lingered around $40 for a single copy. They lead the players on for 2 years, with the appeal of the deck being how unique it is and the fact that no one else will have it. And now they announce it in a pre-made deck for everyone to get. Its a load of bollocks, cause you remove the uniqueness of the deck itself, and devalue the cards owned by current Noble Knight players. Furthermore, the entire deck is all holo and not common, which ruins any demand for the previous prints of the cards, cause people often hunt down holos to complete their blinged out deck. The deck costs around the same as a single Medraut costs, which is $50. To rub even more salt in the wound is the fact that it seems like the cards Noble Knights needed for the longest while will be provided in this deck. So Konami basically devalued the entire archtype, ruined the uniqueness of the deck, and now in order for previous Noble Knight players to continue playing the deck, they'll have to buy this deck to finish it. Its a sleazy move done by Konami which is a giant middle finger to one of the more interesting archtypes in recent years

This is without doubt, of the most disgusting moves done by Konami in a very long time.

Here you have an archtype that Konami slowly rolls out over the course of 2 years. They make it the highest possible rarity, which did 2 things, made it extremely expensive and difficult to build for those who wanted to build it and made it a bunch of useless holos for those who didn't want to build it, clogging our packs. The most important card in the deck lingered around $40 for a single copy. They lead the players on for 2 years, with the appeal of the deck being how unique it is and the fact that no one else will have it. And now they announce it in a pre-made deck for everyone to get. Its a load of bollocks, cause you remove the uniqueness of the deck itself, and devalue the cards owned by current Noble Knight players. Furthermore, the entire deck is all holo and not common, which ruins any demand for the previous prints of the cards, cause people often hunt down holos to complete their blinged out deck. The deck costs around the same as a single Medraut costs, which is $50. To rub even more salt in the wound is the fact that it seems like the cards Noble Knights needed for the longest while will be provided in this deck. So Konami basically devalued the entire archtype, ruined the uniqueness of the deck, and now in order for previous Noble Knight players to continue playing the deck, they'll have to buy this deck to finish it. Its a sleazy move done by Konami which is a giant middle finger to one of the more interesting archtypes in recent years

So basically you're complaining that they used a business tactic in order to sell stuff and then make it easier for people to get their hands on after the fact?

The fans are the reason the cards are AS expensive as tehy are. Konami doesn't control singles.

And how on earth are they ruining "uniqueness"?

This just seems like you're mad that people actually got hurt while playing the proverbial stocks in Yugioh, which is something that you have to plan for. The game owes you nothing.

I had long since abandoned actually using the cards to duel as I am nothing but a casual duelist and a mediocre one at that, but I have fallen in love with Noble Knights, but would never in my wildest dreams be able to afford crafting a deck like that, and especially not for just casual use. But something like this? This could get me back into playing the actual card game. 

I can understand Onslaught's frustrations, but BlackLaw is right. It is a money making scheme, and one that looks like it is going to pay off. As they say: 'That's business', but it still sucks, but at the same time you've always got to be expecting that. 

Anyway, I am excited for something like this and I am definitely considering get it

1) The OCG has already had releases in the same vein as this for actual meta-relevant archetypes.

2) NKs are the most expensive tier 3 deck, but they're not that expensive; outside of Medraut everything is incredibly cheap.

3) "Clogging" your packs? I wasn't aware a multi-billion dollar corporation owed you packs with only what you want in them.

4) "No one else would have it." I'm sensing some major special snowflake syndrome going on here.

5) Cards get reprints eventually? Stop the f***ing presses!

6) The original rarities will still be worth more, and given Konami's track record, Platinum Secrets will look like ass compared to Extra Secrets.

6) Medraut hasn't been $50 for a looong time.

7) Konami has nothing to do with the secondary market, though from time to time they find a way to cash in by undercutting it.

So basically you're complaining that they used a business tactic in order to sell stuff and then make it easier for people to get their hands on after the fact?

The fans are the reason the cards are AS expensive as tehy are. Konami doesn't control singles.

And how on earth are they ruining "uniqueness"?

This just seems like you're mad that people actually got hurt while playing the proverbial stocks in Yugioh, which is something that you have to plan for. The game owes you nothing.

Its a very dirty business tactic. While the fans are responsible for the prices, Konami themselves made the cards secret rares. I think at this stage we all know that Konami makes cards secrets for the sole purpose of money, if the fans didn't drive up the price, the rarity of the card would've done it. The deck itself is unique because of how difficult it was to build, how many people you know actually built Noble Knights? I know about 3, and I'm sure at big events there was around 10 at most. Hell the deck's allure is the fact that its so hard to build, its meant to be deck constructed across the years, gradually building up into a grand finale. The grand finale here, the entire deck gets reprinted for everyone to get their hands on, and for the loyal players to buy to keep up with the current state of the deck. Its business by Konami, but its very dirty business

Its a very dirty business tactic. While the fans are responsible for the prices, Konami themselves made the cards secret rares. I think at this stage we all know that Konami makes cards secrets for the sole purpose of money, if the fans didn't drive up the price, the rarity of the card would've done it. The deck itself is unique because of how difficult it was to build, how many people you know actually built Noble Knights? I know about 3, and I'm sure at big events there was around 10 at most. Hell the deck's allure is the fact that its so hard to build, its meant to be deck constructed across the years, gradually building up into a grand finale. The grand finale here, the entire deck gets reprinted for everyone to get their hands on, and for the loyal players to buy to keep up with the current state of the deck. Its business by Konami, but its very dirty business

... So you're bitching that it's not zomg rare i'm a special snowflake and hate having it taken away?

And it shouldn't even be at big events, and no the allure isn't the difficulty to build. You're expressing YOUR views and superimposing your casual-ass views on others.

This entire game is a business. I've built the deck five times and sold it to profit every time. If by "difficult to build" you mean "way too expensive for a tier 3 deck that rarely makes top 32 and even then scrubs in top cut" you're right on the money.

JNbAQfC.jpg

This is without doubt, of the most disgusting moves done by Konami in a very long time. I'M GOING IN

Here you have an archtype that Konami slowly rolls out over the course of 2 years. They make it the highest possible rarity, which did 2 things, made it extremely expensive and difficult to build for those who wanted to build it and made it a bunch of useless holos for those who didn't want to build it, clogging our packs. I understand your feeling

The most important card in the deck lingered around $40 for a single copy. How dare the players decide to make an important card worth a lot

They lead the players on for 2 years, with the appeal of the deck being how unique it is and the fact that no one else will have it. Because they're TCG exclusive

And now they announce it in a pre-made deck for everyone to get. Because a lot of people actually want to play but no one wants to buy packs.

Its a load of bollocks, cause you remove the uniqueness of the deck itself, The uniqueness was actually removed when OCG got them

and devalue the cards owned by current Noble Knight players. Good

Furthermore, the entire deck is all holo and not common, which ruins any demand for the previous prints of the cards, cause people often hunt down holos to complete their blinged out deck. This has been happening for years but I never saw you get mad at things like Premium Gold or the Mega Tins

The deck costs around the same as a single Medraut costs, which is $50. So what?

To rub even more salt in the wound is the fact that it seems like the cards Noble Knights needed for the longest while will be provided in this deck. So basically you're mad that you dropped at least 200 on a deck that has done almost nothing while people who waited will be able to get what they need for cheaper?

So Konami basically devalued the entire archtype, Like I said, where were you when this happened with LSS, Bujins, Fire Fists, and pretty much every other archetype reprint 

ruined the uniqueness of the deck, and now in order for previous Noble Knight players to continue playing the deck, they'll have to buy this deck to finish it. How sad

Its a sleazy move done by Konami which is a giant middle finger to one of the more interesting archtypes in recent years There's nothing interesting about equip 3 blow up shit rank up blow up more shit swing swing game 2

So yeah

Cry harder pl0x.  Your tears are delicious.

Well, they're offering new Noble Knight support, so it shouldn't be all that bad.

The thing is, the only people who want a RotA for the deck are casuals who still run it as medraut.dek. Everyone at top tables who piloted NKs there knows that a themed RotA at 3 would most definitely break the deck, and subsequently get hit making the deck garbage again. Tewart and Tierney know this as well, and have been heavily involved in getting community input (Tierney's end) and interacting with R&D (Tewart's end).

"Merlin has now arrived, seeking the once and future king, and has the power to take a Noble Knight from your Deck, and turn him into a leader of men."

Off the bat we know that it's going to grab an NK from the deck. I'm more than willing to bet that he's only going to be able to grab vanilla Artorigus. As for the "turn him into a leader of men" part, this will probably be something similar to Advanced Heraldry Art where you'll be allowed to immediately Xyz, except in this case with that single material, or maybe with Merlin AND Artorigus into R4/R5 Arty. This wouldn't necessarily break the deck, as you still have the issue of getting equips onto your boss, and you're also forced to run a vanilla if you want the free broken plays.

^I've never seen them played after Brothers despite all of the hype from the PRIO support, I should probably look into that before I keep saying "RotA RotA".

I wonder if it'll be a real deck like "3 Brothers 3 Medraut 2 MST 2 Trap Stun etc etc" (numbers pulled out of my ass), or if it'll have the standard structure deck formula of "One of everything please." All we know is that the Extra Deck is definitely gonna be 1 R4/1 R5/1 ??????.

The thing is, the only people who want a RotA for the deck are casuals who still run it as medraut.dek. Everyone at top tables who piloted NKs there knows that a themed RotA at 3 would most definitely break the deck, and subsequently get hit making the deck garbage again. Tewart and Tierney know this as well, and have been heavily involved in getting community input (Tierney's end) and interacting with R&D (Tewart's end).

"Merlin has now arrived, seeking the once and future king, and has the power to take a Noble Knight from your Deck, and turn him into a leader of men."

Off the bat we know that it's going to grab an NK from the deck. I'm more than willing to bet that he's only going to be able to grab vanilla Artorigus. As for the "turn him into a leader of men" part, this will probably be something similar to Advanced Heraldry Art where you'll be allowed to immediately Xyz, except in this case with that single material, or maybe with Merlin AND Artorigus into R4/R5 Arty. This wouldn't necessarily break the deck, as you still have the issue of getting equips onto your boss, and you're also forced to run a vanilla if you want the free broken plays.

Great Masao, please teach me the ways of the knights

And by that I mean can you show me a decklist or something?

I wonder if it'll be a real deck like "3 Brothers 3 Medraut 2 MST 2 Trap Stun etc etc" (numbers pulled out of my ass), or if it'll have the standard structure deck formula of "One of everything please." All we know is that the Extra Deck is definitely gonna be 1 R4/1 R5/1 ??????.

NKs do have have a 3rd Extra Deck monster. The Synchro, High Laundsallyn.

I'm also inclined to think that Merlin will be called Myrddin (as it is the welsh for Merlin).

Great. Now I can't continue the foil and bling jokes about Noble Knight cards. On the plus side...idk, I probably gonna pick the deck up or something for gits and shiggles.
Great. Now I can't continue the foil and bling jokes about Noble Knight cards. On the plus side...idk, I probably gonna pick the deck up or something for gits and shiggles.

^I've never seen them played after Brothers despite all of the hype from the PRIO support, I should probably look into that before I keep saying "RotA RotA".

The deck is way more consistent after Brothers, but it's not played in the same manner at all. You can go for R5 Arty as your opener still, but most of the time you're going to open with R4 Arty and try to initiate the grind game immediately. The problem with the deck is that (like Bujins) it dies to opening against strong backrow. With HAT and Geargia making up 42.55% of the meta at top tables, Knights are pretty boned even with that added consistency.

Great Masao, please teach me the ways of the knights

And by that I mean can you show me a decklist or something?

This is pretty standard post-PRIO. There isn't much variance between NK decks, just that some people tech Lances, others drop the Eachtar/Chad, side the Drystan and other small miscellaneous tech card/mainboard changes.

mepYyQI.png

The deck is way more consistent after Brothers, but it's not played in the same manner at all. You can go for R5 Arty as your opener still, but most of the time you're going to open with R4 Arty and try to initiate the grind game immediately. The problem with the deck is that (like Bujins) it dies to opening against strong backrow. With HAT and Geargia making up 42.55% of the meta at top tables, Knights are pretty boned even with that added consistency.

This is pretty standard post-PRIO. There isn't much variance between NK decks, just that some people tech Lances, others drop the Eachtar/Chad, side the Drystan and other small miscellaneous tech card/mainboard changes.

mepYyQI.png

Does that build only takes the TCG into account? If so, would you, please, care to post one that also takes into consideration The Duelist Advent and other OCG stuff? I want to build a NK Deck in YGOPro, but I'm not so versed in this archetype...

Archived