Rai Talks Music. Go Post Songs.

.Rai

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

god guise school is really busy and stuff man. maaaaaannn

I'll do some ones on this page in brief to satiate you lot, until I do the queue in full. The Hilltop Hoods track is cool from first glance. Appeals to my Classical senses, because of that James Bond-esque chromatic string part at the beginning and also the sample of Fučík's Entrance of the Gladiators (i.e. that famous circus tune). I agree in that it's very 90s, great vibe.

Elle Me Dit, great Mika track. It's a devamped dance track: replacing a lot of the hard synths and beats of the modern music scene with these cutesy analogue synths and elementary school percussion. Kinda cute. Mika's been fascinating to me because of the fact that he splits his music between his French and English audience. Quite apparent when you compare Elle Me Dit to its English equivalent, Emily (which has the addition of orchestral brass farts and a few chord changes). His brand of pop is incredibly theatrical, very Broadway which is a satisfying change from everything else in the market. The French pop scene is much more traditional, with a lot of tracks featuring instrumentations that would never thrive elsewhere.

Beatles track: classic. A track I love because of its huge orchestral parts. Incredibly clever way to bridge different bits of a song, especially when it's so crazily noisy and dissonant. Fits right into The Beatles' psychedelic image. Beatles music sounds kinda simple a lot of the time, but there's so much hidden harmonic and structural complexity in their songs, which is fully appreciated. Also, the last chord is epic.

Elle Me Dit, great Mika track. It's a devamped dance track: replacing a lot of the hard synths and beats of the modern music scene with these cutesy analogue synths and elementary school percussion. Kinda cute. Mika's been fascinating to me because of the fact that he splits his music between his French and English audience. Quite apparent when you compare Elle Me Dit to its English equivalent, Emily (which has the addition of orchestral brass farts and a few chord changes). His brand of pop is incredibly theatrical, very Broadway which is a satisfying change from everything else in the market. The French pop scene is much more traditional, with a lot of tracks featuring instrumentations that would never thrive elsewhere.

...I love you. Thanks for showing me the English version. It's just as good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Woah, guys! Guess what's back! WE'RE BACK!

But, anyway, I'm drawing a line at October onwards (and Yellow Flicker Beat, since I like that song), so my queue is somewhat shortened. Otherwise, get submitting, talking music shall be back in business shortly. Albeit at a somewhat wounded rate (still busy, so expect updates hopefully once a week, on schedule).

And, of course, feel free to use the thread as a general music discussion thread.

Archived