Doctor Who?! Why is there no page for this?!

-Dom-

I also really liked the episode. I liked the questioning of the kind of man the doctor is and the whole "would the Doctor kill them" being left ambiguous. I mean, they did the same thing in episode one with the robot. Though, I think the Doctor did hit the button to kill Missy, you hear a beep, I'm just not sure why nothing happened. As for Pink, its really unclear if he would have turned off Danny's emotions had Clara not taken the sonic from him. But yea, that really seemed to be the heart of the episode to me.

The scene when she kills the fan girl was really well done since I didn't see that coming and she just came off as menacing the whole time. Over all, it might be because I love crazy villians that are just having fun, but I really enjoyed her.

I liked that Danny had the kid come back, because while it was never something we cared about, HE DID and everything we've seen from him would make him choosing to come back over sending the kid out of character. I will agree that it didn't NEED to be there, but it why the doctor thought Clara would be better, so...........meh.

Again, really happy with the episode and the season as a whole.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked that Danny had the kid come back, because while it was never something we cared about, HE DID and everything we've seen from him would make him choosing to come back over sending the kid out of character. I will agree that it didn't NEED to be there, but it why the doctor thought Clara would be better, so...........meh.

Actually, having thought about it again, that sacrifice scene with the bracelet has grown on me. The main reason for this is that it allows the amazing café scene at the end where both the Doctor and Clara have lied to the other and pretended they each have a happy reason now to no longer travel together.

First of all, I loved the episode. I think the only real problem I have with it is the magical resurrection of the nameless boy Danny killed who we have no connection to- Danny already got his redemption in saving the Earth by epically flying an army of cybermen into the clouds to blow themselves up! he didn't need that final bs in Clara's home.

As for the big debate about Missy, I really liked her as well. I did worry that she wasn't threatening enough, and then came the line "I'm going to kill you in a minute!" to Osgood (Osgood! Nooooo! You know when she's offered a place on the TARDIS she's a gonner) followed by Missy's eyes! shivers, man. As for her death, I actually found it funny how Moffat basically said she was coming back and he just liked the way Ainley's Master always died for good and came back next time with a simple 'I escaped.'

The main comparison I made (and apparently a lot of the internet with me) was that Missy was a lot like the Joker here. Her plan was just to show how similar the Doctor was to her, and how much she loved him. Seemed very much like Joker in Scott Snyder's 'Death of the Family' (if you haven't read it, go do so now!)

OMFG YES! FINALLY! SOMEONE ELSE GOT THAT REFERENCE. Dark Knight: Nolen "What were you trying to prove, deep down we are all as ugly as you" Batman to Joker

Archived