Pokken Tournament

Agro

More info:

Some new information has been released about the upcoming title, Pokkén Tournament. First, three new sets of Support Pokémon have been revealed. These are Cubone & Diglett, Magneton & Quagsire and Espeon & Umbreon.
support6.jpg support7.jpg support8.jpg
The Ferrum League is a feature exclusive to the Wii U version. Beating stages adds more support Pokemon and battle areas. There are four ranks to this league: Green League, Blue League, Red League & Chrome League. It takes place in the Ferrum region. In this region, Resonance Stones link people and their Pokémon. In this game, players can customise their player character's gender, skin colour, hair and so forth.
There are various trainers you will encounter. Nia helps players navigate the world, and she chose Weavile. There are also trainers who exist only in the Wii U version who are tough to beat. Travis with his Garchomp, Keith with his Suicune and Erin with her Braixen
trainerlink.jpg
New modes have been revealed. Practice Mode is where you get to test your skills with no time limit or health. Free Training allows you to train freely. Combo Dojo will teach you various combos for the Pokémon. There's also the My Town mode where you can alter your character's appearance and clothing by spending the in-game currency, PokéGold
For the Support Pokémon, Cubone uses Bonemerang which is a quick long range attack that hits multiple times and brings opponents to you. Diglett uses Dig which makes it easy to land combos when the opponent has been hit. Magneton uses Tri Attack which aims upward. It lowers opponents' Speed & Attack and is good against jumping opponents. Quagsire uses Mud Bomb. It is effective on players on the ground and damages even if guarded against. Espeon uses Morning Sun which removes status conditions as well as healing Hit Points. The less time on the clock, the more it raises. Finally, Umbreon uses Snarl which sucks up the opponent's Resonance Gauge and prevents them being able to land critical hits
It has also been stated that there are currently no plans to release additional Pokémon or stages through downloadable content.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

So the game is really fun, and easy to get into. A quick read of the controls is enough to get how it works (the moves differ between Pokemon but the inputs are the same) and after that it's just practice. I've played/seen every Pokemon fight and Garchomp is my favorite.

Can I just be the first to say that amiibo cards >>>>> figures.

Not only does it have the same purpose as a figure, but it's lighter, takes up much less space, and the artwork is super cool.

I hope they make more based on the figures already being sold. That'd be pretty awesome.

I would honestly collect amiibo cards, considering they'd be a lot cheaper, especially if the quality is on par with Shadow Mewtwo. One of the reasons collecting amiibos doesn't appeal to me is that their mass produced nature means the quality is really bad for a figurine, of which I normally collect very expensive ones.

I didn't think it'd be this hard to get the game without reserving it. Most Game Stops in my area are out until around Monday.

Looks like fun though.

Is everyone here using the Game Pad? I was feeling a little iffy when JWittz mentioned that using it in multiplayer brings it down to 30fps. I'd rather avoid that, but I don't really feel like shelling more money out for a controller.

There were issues in getting it? I went to Walmart at about 10PM and picked up a copy just fine.

I use the Gamepad primarily, though one of my friends has a Pro Controller that I sometimes use. Also, the 30 fps is only for local multiplayer on the same system, I'm assuming since it requires the gamepad for one of the players to use. Single player, playing locally via LAN with two Wii Us, or playing online is 60 fps.

EDIT: Is it just me or is Pikachu Libre's grab attack really strong? I remember it doing at least 160 damage at once when I was playing her against one of my friends.

The final Shadow Mewtwo battle was really fun. Though I'm wondering if the first couple of tries, where it's one loss and you're out, are Hopeless Boss Fights, because he seemed to destroy me quite easily. But at the third try or so I could easily win the first one, I'd lose the next one and Synergy Burst would become available, then I won the third to finish the story.

The final Shadow Mewtwo battle was really fun. Though I'm wondering if the first couple of tries, where it's one loss and you're out, are Hopeless Boss Fights, because he seemed to destroy me quite easily. But at the third try or so I could easily win the first one, I'd lose the next one and Synergy Burst would become available, then I won the third to finish the story.

Shadow Mewtwo final battle was a bit absurd, because I've never fought a Fighting Boss with 3000 HP before.

I can proudly say that Braixen is a main of mine.  I need to get used to her mix-ups and enhanced moves, but her mix-ups are ridiculously powerful and her enhanced moves lead into some awesome combos.

I don't think Shadow Mewtwo was too insane, once I got used to him. Though it probably helped that I put all 41 or so of my levels at the time into my Garchomp's defence, so I could take a real beating from him.

I didn't think so either, but that 3k HP was enough for me to note it.

Does anyone think it's poor design to give a character with the lowest HP in the game a mechanic that allows them to use their HP to use long-ranged moves?

So are there any other Pokemon personalities/movesets that are modeled after any Tekken characters that anyone's noticed? Aside from Pikachu being like the Mashimas, with some of his win/loss poses being based off Kazuya and Heihachi's, and him having stuff like the EWGF, TGF, and Hell Sweep.

Archived