Jump to content

Qliphort Disk


Recommended Posts

10523130_10152231871556511_7979498631853300px-QliphothDisk-NECH-JP-SR.png

 

Machine/Pendulum/Effect

Pendulum Effect You cannot Special Summon any monsters, except "Qliphort" monsters (this effect cannot be negated). "Qliphort" monsters you control gain 300 ATK. Monster Effect You can Normal Summon this card without Tributing. If this card was Special Summoned or Normal Summoned without Tributing, its Level becomes 4 and its original ATK becomes 1800. This Normal Summoned/Set card is unaffected by the activated effects of monsters whose original Levels or Ranks are lower than this card's Level. When this card is Tribute Summoned by Tributing a "Qliphort" monster: You can Special Summon 2 "Qliphort" monsters from your Deck, but they are destroyed during the End Phase.   I knew one of the Qlips was probs going to be a secret, discuss?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For example...is that No.99?! Indicating a TCG release in NECH?

It looks like it'll be an Ultra from that angle.

 

I sort of wanted to play them, but they'll probably be expensive.

Most likely. Another photo indicates that Genome and Archive are Supers, but we don't know what rarities Tool, Shell or Killer (even though the latter isn't needed) are yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It looks like it'll be an Ultra from that angle.

 

Most likely. Another photo indicates that Genome and Archive are Supers, but we don't know what rarities Tool, Shell or Killer (even though the latter isn't needed) are yet.

 

Excellent. Another Number, and bonus points for being an OCG promo, which are obnoxious to get TCG releases for. Still waiting on No.18, No.36 and Heraldic Beast Amphisbaena, though.

 

Well...Qliphs will probably be obnoxiously difficult to get. Yang Zing were mostly high rarity cards, but their prices are actually really low, except for Yang Zing Path, which is understandable because their precious Secret Rare archetype-specific Pot of Avarice is...a Secret Rare archetype-specific Pot of Avarice for an archetype of floaters. But Zing weren't projected to be Tier 1.

 

But I'm betting Qliphs will be extremely expensive. High rarity, high in demand, and potential Tier 1. Hell, Return of the Monarchs' price jumped around the time Qliphs were getting attention, even though they weren't being released for several months. (The Mega Pack reprinting it killed that jump).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

But I'm betting Qliphs will be extremely expensive. High rarity, high in demand, and potential Tier 1. Hell, Return of the Monarchs' price jumped around the time Qliphs were getting attention, even though they weren't being released for several months. (The Mega Pack reprinting it killed that jump).

I think Qlips were projected to be tier 1 by the end of the year anyway, and I agree, they will be expensive. Which reminds me, I need to sell my Summoner's Arts at some point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Qlips were projected to be tier 1 by the end of the year anyway, and I agree, they will be expensive. Which reminds me, I need to sell my Summoner's Arts at some point.

 

Well, since NECH comes out in November...

 

The main difference I see between the archetypes in terms of price is that Shaddolls have a bunch of key cards that were higher rarity (Fusion, the Fusion Monsters, etc). The rest of the archetype was lower rarity and much cheaper.

 

Yang Zing were all high-rarity, but the demand for them wasn't quite as high, and it has only 1 truly pricey card: Path. Some of the other cards are pushing it, depending on what you consider an expensive card. Baxia is down to like $7 apiece, but is a Secret Rare. Path is hovering at like $24 apiece.

 

Qliphs are going to be nuts. Any card that's considered crucial for the Deck to function is going to be like $20-50.

 

Burning Abyss is interesting. Dante is ridiculously expensive, at about 50-60 (but wasn't remotely that high for the first month). All the other Burning Abyss cards are cheap and only Rare or less.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Qliphs are going to be nuts. Any card that's considered crucial for the Deck to function is going to be like $20-50.

I can definitely see Tool being towards the upper end of that spectrum. The Supers are going to be towards the lower end of the spectrum.

I suppose I'll probs hold on to my Summoner's Arts for a bit then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Any discussion of Qliphorts here comes down to 3 things:

1. Tool is way too good

2. Consequently, Qliphorts are way too good

3. Qliphorts are going to cost a lot

 

As for this card...You'd think preventing the Tribute Summon would be easy since it's Level 7, but it's not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...