A Certain Online RP

(GigaDrillBreaker)

10:00 AM, IBARAKI SPORTS FIELD

The students could be found performing a variety of tasks, ranging from jogging laps around the soccer field, to performing various stretches. With this being the first day of school, the standard was for all esper students to participate in what is known as "system scan," a series of specialized test to determine the capabilities of their abilities, measured as a level, as well as any further potential that may become relevant to the progression of science. This was the true purpose for the training of espers in Academy City: the find the very strongest and weed out the rest. Of course, the students were never informed of it, but the system worked better that way.

Unlike the majority of students, Hideyoshi Inoue was seated indoors, overlooking the field through a window. The instructor beside him pointed out various students below, asking him to identify them and their esper ability based on sight alone, while explaining the thought process he went through. "What about that one? Tell me about him." Quickly identifying the point indicated by the instructor's finger based on its angle in relation to the woman's line of sight, he stared at the mentioned student for a moment, before the blinds were dropped. "That ought to be enough time."

Sighing, Hideyoshi pinched the bridge of his nose between his thumb and forefinger, an indication of the small headache plaguing him at the moment. "His name is Taya Muhammed. I identified his name because he is placed among the Level 2 Espers in the field, and according to the clipboard in your hand which I saw through the dual reflection between the window and your eyeglasses, he is the only Level 2 within the apparent age range to display a technopathic ability. It is immediately apparent that his ability is technopathic due to the fact that the dragon-like creature stemming from his wrist area emanates a metallic sheen, without being a solid object. This means that I can stand to reason that it is made of numerous microscopic metallic objects. If the ability were to be control of metals, this would be an extremely inefficient way to do so, leaving nanotechnology as the only logical explanation. Is that enough?" 

The instructor flashed a grimace, pulling the clipboard closer to herself, before pulling the blinds up again. Glancing around, she pointed out a young girl, with white hair. "Ok... How about her?" Hideyoshi looked back up at the instructor, wearing an expression that made it appear he was wondering whether or not this was a joke. "Nobody is there. That is a hologram."

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awww then came manual labor. Granted he is a low level Esper so this should be a learning for him to grow. Nevertheless there he was running laps around this Olympic sized track that the school had provided for them. And...1 and 2 and 1 and 2. Just keep one foot in front of the other. Taha thought to himself. Man these Esper abilities are annoying. How are you supposed to even level up a mental ability. Isn't that the whole paradox the brain understanding itself. Thank God for Hyozanryu at least. Note to self,  have to meet quota and monitor Esper's in action. I think we have a lot of level 4's at this school and may be able to get a rare glimpse at a level 5 Esper. The more I record the more I get paid, which is good because this school is expensive. Scholarship aside I can barely afford my living expenses. 

As he continued to run laps he tapped a button on his band and the nanobots began to crawl up his arm. It was only a small group sense they were crawling up his arm and not eating other non-organic material and just used for routine analitics. Now thanks to them he now had a complete rotary vision of everything. Hmm...wonder if I get to see some action today... Why do I get the feeling that I am being watched?

"Alright, Kiyokoe-san, your task is completed. You may leave now and please bring another student in"

The instructor said to Kokone who just read the detail of a provided document. say it to the Telepathy-user in another room who was doing his System Scan simultaneously. She nodded with a cheerfully smile before saying "OK" and walked to the door. Suddenly, a familiar voice came from an empty area in the room.

"Wait a sec, Kokone, I'll do that later."

As Kokone and the instructor looked around the room, the certain area suddenly let out a little flash, and No.1 Level 5 standing there.

"Megu-chan? Why are you here? I thought a Level 5 doesn't need a System Sc..."

"Yea, although there's an exception, like reporting newfound usage of power, right?"

Megumi turned to the instructor as she asked. The instructor nodded, and added

"I've never heard that #1 could become invisible, wasn't it a power of #3 or a Level 4 light manipulation like "Illuminator"?"

"I'd call it transmittance manipulation rather than sensory revision or vice president's light manipulation... Oh Kokone, you better leave, this'll take some time."

Megumi said to her best friend and roommate, Kokone nodded and left the room with "See you later" and her signature smile. As the door is closed, the instructor began to speak.

"Transmittance... so instead of bending the light, you basically let the light pass through your entire body and clothing? what've you done with inner organs or involuntary muscles?"
"Who knows, but because of that I can't hide anyone outside of myself since I can't touch their inner organs and manipulate it"

"I'll record that immediately, please take your se... oh, right, please wait."

The instructor lowered his hand and fixed his words as Megumi who just picked her phone up already sat down on... the air. He changed his tablet to the one with high school students' data and began to work.

Ichijou Suzuran watched the running students with a practiced sneer she had developed over the years watching the pathetic lower levels run the track. Or rather it would be more accurate to say Ichijou's hologram watched the students, allowing the level 5 esper to watch them from the comfort of her dorm room. If one looked at the hologram from just the right angel in the early morning sun the would be able to see the small spherical drone that situated itself in the center of the level 5 esper's likeness. It was also quite obvious as every so often that hologram would distort as shutters quickly snapped over the drone's "eye" snapping pictures of the running students. 

Something far more interesting caught Ichijou's eye though as from drone's camera eye she noticed a pair of shutters open and close quickly. Turning the camera's attention toward she noticed the shutters flick open and quickly closed. Disconnecting from the drone's interface Ichijou turned to one of the many computers in her room quickly identifying the room were the shutters were. 

"It's quite rude to spy," chuckled Ichijou quickly hacking into the rooms security camera's, "don't they know by now. No matter how many times the change the password or update the firewall they will never beat me..." Ichijou sighed in mild annoyance at having to break through relatively basic security system... well basic for her at least. 

Once in the technopath esper observed the two room's occupants. A young female instructor, who had apparently been the one flipping the shutters, and a young male, presumably a student, and smirked.

"Ok... How about her?" The young instructor said, a look of discomfort on her face. At this statement the boy sighed, visibly as if bothered question, "Nobody is there. That is a hologram."

As soon as this statement left the boy's mouth a loud, and obnoxious giggled echoed in the room. Even though she hadn't seen the girl the instructor had pointed to Ichijou had a pretty good idea after the boy's comment.

"You know," Ichijou's voice said coming through the speakers, "most people can't even pick up on my basic holograms that fast... I'm slightly impressed little esper boy!"

“Again Hibari.” One of the instructors sighed as he scribbled down something on his clipboard. They had been running tests on this kid all morning and had still yet to be able to get a single image of the sub-space he was traveling through. “This time I need you to warp all the way to the goal post…” 

“Yea yea.” Hibari grumbled before readjusting the visor the scientist had placed on him: It was meant to record whatever he saw while teleporting. Which was nothing of course, but it’s not like any of the instructors would accept that. “I’m gonna start charging you for these, doc.” Hibari was only half kidding. He took a moment to locate the goal post the instructor was talking about before letting out a large sigh and vanishing in a small flash of light.  

He then reappeared moments later atop the goal post roughly 20 meters away. Sweat had now formed above the boy’s brow and his face showed mild traces of exhaustion. “Damn it, still nothing!” The instructor slammed his foot onto the field after quickly reviewing the footage from the visor. “Alright, come back! We’ll try slowing down the recording even more…” He shouted over to Hibari.

The boy was silent as he removed the visor. The instructor watched from the camera as Hibari turned it so that it could get a view of his face. Frustrated the instructor shouted again. “What are you doing?! Put that back on and get over here!” 

Hibari let out a light chuckle. “Nah, I think we’re done here, doc…” Taking a moment to wink at the elderly man through the camera, Hibari raised his arm above his head, before swinging the visor downwards as if he were about to throw it. Suddenly the visor vanished in the same flash of light that had consumed Hibari only few moments before, reappearing in the air a about 3 feet from the instructor and sailing a short distance forward before landing at the man’s feet. 

Having yet to have had displayed his ability to teleport other objects alone, Hibari got to enjoy watching as the instructor jumped in shock before franticly jotting down more notes on his clipboard. 

Satisfied, Hibari leaped down from the goal post before turning towards the track that the other students were running. “Yea, no thanks…” Wiping the sweat from his forehead he mumbled to no one in particular before slowly making his way over to a secluded spot on the field where a few other students seem to be taking a break. 

A random male student no younger then 16 who had previously been chatting with some friends, pointing at someone and left them. He passed by several other students when he tripped and fell on top of the person his friends had been pointing at. Both of the boys hands were placed on the girls.........bumps so to speak. I'm glad to say the next thing to happen was the guy flying through the air and hitting the ceiling. The boy wouldn't be eating solids for a while with his jaw shattered.

------

Nanata got up, brushed herself off and looked down at the now unconscious boy. "That's what you get you pervert." She pointed to the other boys. "You'll be next if you dare try that on me again." The attention of all the new students around her were in shock. They'd heard rumors of a girl that would severally injure a person if they so much as touched her. But a rumor like that had to be false or well until they saw this. Whats more, the boys that had pulled this already knew she would do it.

Nanata opened her red velvet poach. In it were several skull jellies. Pulling one out she popped it into her mouth. a burst of necessary nutrients flowed throughout her body. "Stupid idiots, it's the first day of school and your going to try that on me. Hmph", She thought while chewing on the jelly.

------

An hour or so later it was time for her "system scan". "You know the drill I'll ask you to stop something and you'll try to do it.",  Informed the instructor. "Now here a pencil, I want you to stop it before it hits the ground. So on the count of 3 do it. 1...2...3" the instructor let go of the Pencil.

In her head Nanata was going yeah yeah, whatever. At three when the instructor let go of the pencil it stayed there in place. Her power "All Stop" had prevented it from falling.

The instructor then proceeded to try to move and harm the pencil with several things. The first attempt simply involved trying to push and pull it with his hands. This attempt failed. The second attempt required a blow torch. After a full minute of continuous heat the instructor stopped. There was still no damage to the pencil. In fact there wasn't even soot on it. The third and final attempt was with a knife to try and cut it. It was met with the same results as the previous attempts. The instructor jotted down a few notes. "No changes it seems. Okay you can stop now. Are there any new discoveries you've come across with your ability? ", the instructor replied.

After the tests were done Nanata released the pencil which fell onto the table. "No, no changes or discoveries. Although a few things have come to mind for future tests. Such as how my ability would be affected by time. Why the things I effect completely ignore gravity but still move with the rotation of the earth and it's revolvement around the sun. Other things such as how it would affect another person aside from myself."

"Interesting, well you can go now." The instructor jotted down what she had said and made a shooing motion for her to leave.

"Alright, you can start now" The teacher said, and the multiple small machines that were lying on the ground took flight, and began moving around randomly at his command.

"Yes!" Jun shouted in response, while lifting his right arm to take aim. It was accuracy training, in order to test the speed and precision of his so called "Light Burst" attack. Photons gathered in the palm of his hand generating a bright glow, and soon after that, a blast of light was emitted from that same place, hitting one of the flying machines and making it fall. Successive beams of light followed the first one, all of them hitting their target.

"Good, keep it up" The instructor ordered, a stopwatch on his hand.

To tell the truth, Jun wasn't having an easy time. Hitting high-speed mobile targets like those ones, even with his ability, wasn't a menial task. He had to concentrate his photon energy into small, heavily dense projectiles that could travel at really high speeds, and that strained him quite a bit. But it's not like something like that could stop him, he absolutely wouldn't allow himself to fail.

"Well wasn't that great?" The teacher smiled while stopping the timer on the stopwatch, as the last of the flying machines fell "It looks like you've hit a personal record, Ninomiya! And without even missing one shoot!"

"Hah..., is that really so?" A content, yet noticeably out of breath Jun answered.

"But then again, I'm impressed!" The man continued "To get this kind of results in the first day of school, not only in this test, but in the other ones as well..., you truly are a top-grade student!"

Why yes, of course Jun thought. While he had had a busy holiday season in matters of social events and self studying, he also dedicated a fair share of his time to polish his esper skills. Was that teacher actually surprised...?

"It's an honor to hear such words from you, professor" Jun responded with his best practiced smile.

"Haha!, you don't really need to suck up to your teachers, you know" The man laughed "We are done here, now go rest for a while, you earned it!"

"Yes, thank you!" Jun answered. He fixed his glasses, and left the training grounds. It was the start of a new school year (his last one in high school, at that), and he was feeling as confident as ever. He spotted a group of students that were resting from all the exercising,  and believed to recognize among them a student on the same year as him (a ridiculously flashy guy with very long hair). Jun approached the group.

"Hey, how's everyone holding up?"

Both occupants of the room paused their conversation as an overconfident laugh could be heard through the speakers. "You know, most people can't even pick up on my basic holograms that fast... I'm slightly impressed little esper boy!" The instructor overseeing Hideyoshi's system scan spun around quickly, wearing a bewildered expression. "Who is this? What are you doing with the school's intercom system? I will have you know that a breach of this form is punishable by expulsion."

"They aren't going to expel her." Even as the instructor was preparing to call in the infraction, Hideyoshi continued sitting in the chair, maintaining an expression of vague annoyance. "She is a level 5 esper, the very reason that this school exists and the reason I am being tested right now. Her name is Ichijo Suzuran, holding the alias <Glitch>, and coincidentally, her ability is an extremely high level of technopathy. It is through the use of this ability that she controlled the drone projecting the hologram. I have never seen her before, but based on the fact that she is simultaneously operating the hologram, manipulating the surveillance system, and speaking through the intercom system, she can be none other than a level 5. This is especially apparent when the background noise behind your voice is indicative of the dorms, where there is no standard uplink for the school's system, requiring high-level technopathy to achieve."

The instructor had long since stopped caring about the Level 5's intrusion, quickly scrawling notes on Hideyoshi's system scan sheet. "So you are saying that you determined her approximate location based completely on the sound? We have previously only documented your ability working through sight!"

Hideyoshi stretched his shoulders, popping his neck in the process. "It really isn't too difficult to understand. The only thing that lacks explanation is why a girl a year younger than me would refer to me as a little boy. Then again, I am sure that even level zeroes could recognize the narcissism in even an interaction this short. I suppose that is the nature of the level 5s." Turning his face toward the camera in the corner of the room, he yawned before addressing both the instructor, as well the Level 5 who had popped in of her own volition, "Anything else that needs to be said, or are we done with this?"

"Hey, how's everyone holding up?"

Hibari turned to see one of the members of his graduating class approaching. He definitely recognized the boy's face, and new him to be one of schools more “Academically applied” students, but his name had definitely never stuck. 

“Eh, not nearly as bad as lest year…” Hibari said after flashing the new arrival a toothy smile. A few of the other students grumbled in agreement, after giving their own hasty hellos to Jun. 

Hibari motioned the other boy to come sit down beside him before glancing somewhere far off to his left. He then suddenly vanished in his signature flash of light, only to reappear a few moments later holding two bottles of water and a bag of what seemed to be the school’s generic potato chips. Handing the chips over to one of the other students, Hibari offered the other bottle to Jun with a wink. "So am I talking to the new level 5? Or can I put my autograph book away?" He jokingly asked the boy about his own System scan.

After her test was done she decided to roam the grounds for a bit when she heard someone.

"So am I talking to the new level 5? Or can I put my autograph book away?"

Nanata turned around, the mention of a potential new level 5 picked her interest. She'd have to test the person out to see if they really could be called one. In fact, though she wasn't a level 5 herself she knew she could beat one regardless of their ability. Well....that was her overly biased opinion. Although........ it hadn't been proven wrong yet.

Walking up to the group she made it know that she was there in a load booming voice. "Soooooooo one of you's a new level 5 huh? Well, care to test that title against me, Nanata the Unstoppable Force and the Immovable Object?"

A few of the students at the mere presence let alone her name walked away quickly wanting nothing to do with her. She vaguely recognized a few of the students one of them was named Jun if she was recalling correctly.

Jun took the bottle that was handed to him by the long-haired boy, and gave a grateful nod in return. The guy gave off kind of a wild aura, but it looked like he was at least able to hold a civilized casual conversation. Moreover, he displayed a rather impressive Teleport ability, but Jun got the feeling that it was different than the standard one...

"So am I talking to the new level 5? Or can I put my autograph book away?"

Jun was ready to shoot a friendly answer to keep the flow of the chat, but was suddenly interrupted.

"Soooooooo one of you's a new level 5 huh? Well, care to test that title against me, Natana the Unstoppable Force and the Immovable Object?"

A (rather cute) black-haired girl that had just arrived at the scene proclaimed this in a full-of-herself tone. Jun took a second to grasp the situation and put on a smile before answering.

"Sorry to dissapoint you, but I'm still only a mere level 4. Can't speak for my teleporting friend here, though" Jun answered while shooting a sideways glance to his partner.

The girl's words were a bit on the rude side, but she did introduce herself, so Jun thought that doing the same was the polite thing to do

"I'm Jun Ninomiya, also known as Illuminator. A third year and vice-president of the student council" Said while presenting his hand for a handshake "Nice to meet you!"

Hyozanryu was picking up many a Esper in the nearby vicinity which is logical since they were at a school for Espers. It seemed off in some distance there was a cluster of them around they were having some kind of discussion. While Taha probably could use Hyozanryu to spy on them he naturally thought that would be rude. Though he did notice that off in a different direction he could zoom in and now see a potentially powerful young Esper and a man...who both appeared to be talking to the air. This caused Taha to raise an eyebrow a little, but of course that subsided when he realized it could easily be some Esper drama. Weirdness runs rampant at this place. 

Nevertheless Taha thought out of the two situations, the one with less people would be worth more checking out. So he stopped and touched a button on his band again. This time the nanobots came in droves and surrounded Taha. Awww you guys missed me. He said talking playful to them like pets. I missed you too, I missed you too. As the mini tornado of nanobots continued to swirl around him he waved his hand and they combined into Hyozanryu. He mounted Hyozanryu and made a beeline directly for this conversation. 

Unfortunately it seemed that just as he was arriving one of the...two maybe, participants was about to leave. Not wanting to miss a chance to introduce himself he burst through the glass and did a barrel roll. After a second of catching his breath and standing himself up he decided to speak. "Well that was...uh excessive. Nevertheless hello! My name is Taha Muhammed and that is my buddy Hyozanryu. The massive dragon was still flying in the air when it broke itself down into a stream of nanobots and then reformed next to its master and waved. May I inquire as to what is going on here?

After Jun had finished his introduction Hibari chimed In. “And I’m Hibari.” He intentionally left out his last name, a habit that he had developed since elementary school. It saved him the grief of explaining his mother’s fling with some western businessman. “But if we’re going by fancy code names, you can call me Void Walker-even though its a kind of a mouth full...” He flashed little Nanata a smile.

“Oh, and like mister Vice-prez over here, I’m also a level 4.” He lazily rested his arm atop Jun's shoulder and put up four fingers as he said this.

Hibari looked Nanata up and down and smirked. He noticed that a few of the other students had left upon her arrival, and he was pretty sure he had a good idea why… Not even an hour earlier: one of his classmates had told him that there was a younger student that sent a little lad to the medically facilities in near critical condition. This girl fit the description he was given perfectly, and Hibari just couldn’t help but see what kind of person she was. “Your parents know you’re waltzing around here challenging level 5s, girlie?” His tone was friendly but held traces of amusement. “After what you did to that kid this morning, it's safe to say you’re a 4 too.”

The collosal lady walked into the fray, her great breasts bouncing with every move she took.

This was Hattori Kotori, a ninja of the Hattori clan. She was really huge for her little age, and was more akin to an elegant, beautiful middle-aged woman in terms of appearance. She looked pretty far from it at first glance, but she was, in fact, Undine, a Level 5 Hydro Hand user.

"My my, it's getting so lively here~ what's going on~?"

Her lovely, melodic, motherly voice radiated the area.

"You all look like you're having so much fun~ Mind if I join in~?"

Kotori says this while she holds her voloptous chest using her crossed arms. She gives a radiant, warm smile towards all. She then turns towards the one who referred to herself as Nanata, the unstoppable force and immovable object, being well aware that she was seeking battle. Kotori, being a ninja, was the embodiment of (probably cheap) battle despite her personality and looks.

"I just know I'll make some adorable friends today~"

Miu dragged her feet as she walked from the school track toward the area of the field where others sat. "Still only level 2... I was hoping to have shown at least some improvement, but I guess that I have hit my limit..." Turning her attention toward the members of the group, she registered a girl about her age, a guy who really needed a haircut, an older woman - must have been a teacher - and... Miu gulped and stopped her advance abruptly. Before her stood Jun Ninomiya: a level 4 Photokineticist. Though her ability lay within the same strain as his, she was nowhere near capable of what he could do. To call her a "fan" would be the understatement of the school year. 

Forcing herself to take a step toward the group, she began stuttering, "Ni-ni-" Before she could finish her attempt at a greeting, she heard a small, but very present voice in her head, resembling that of a young girl, a voice that every Ibaraki student would hear in unison: 

"You are in danger. Leave the area and get safe as soon as possible"

Not even giving Miu a chance to wonder what had just happened, an explosion suddenly rang out on the opposite side of the field, dust and bits of sod falling down from the air. From the cloud of debris emerged a [url=http://imgur.com/fRy8DDs]glowing green suit[/url], with stylized wings and sharp edges.

Similarly, the main Ibaraki building, where higher level espers had been receiving their tests, suffered from an explosion centered upon the west wing: the area in which the majority of the (thankfully empty) classrooms were located. Using in-built grapple equipment to pull itself up to the third floor through the newly-created hole, another, seemingly identical powered suit walked through the halls, glancing in the windows for straggling students.

Finally, at the exterior of the Ibaraki girl's dormitory, which would have been empty if not for the efforts of a certain stubborn Level 5 esper, a third powered suit walked

along the sidewalk, surveying the rooms with the help of detailed GPS mapping technology. Quickly locating the room in which the very Level 5 sat, the operator of the suit raised an arm, pointing it directly toward the window, and fired a gas-grenade, filled with a substance that could knock out a human with only a single breath.

[background=#fbfdfe]"You are in danger. Leave the area and get safe as soon as possible"[/background]

Kotori turned around once more.

"My my~ I think I'll have fun some other time~"

She gazes upon the mechanical entity. It looked rather tough and huge. She needed to analyze its attacks if she wanted to strike it, despite being a Level 5.

She began by whipping out a tachi from a sheath, getting into a battle stance, then charged at the foe. Halfway through her run, she swiftly froze its outer layer with thick ice before making a U-turn.

"I just know he'll break out eventually~ I don't want anyone left behind~" Kotori then smiles as she makes her escape, running away swiftly. She sheathes her blade, then proceeds to grab two random people with her bare hands and presses their heads against her large breasts.

"Alright children~ Hang on tight~" Kotori's motherly voice resonated. She might sound gentle, but she was only seconds away from whipping out some slick moves.

Kotori proceeds to alter the state of water from gaseous to liquid to create a puddle road of sorts. Mustering all her strength and speed, Kotori used her abilities to skate on the puddle without slipping, allowing her to move at greater speeds than usual. She made a few spins and jumps as she slid through, which may have made her passengers a little giddy.

"Oh dear, I think there are two more~ I need to retrieve them as well~"

Taha heard the first explosion and then he tried to hit the deck so to speak. While he may have been the only one to have reacted in that manner but he was pretty sure that this wasn't normal. While it could've easily been some Esper combat he decided it was best to at least be prepared. Unfortunately there was a second explosion and this was one was pretty close by. He was actually able to feel the vibrations of the explosion. Taha then realized that this was something serious. He stood up and looked at Hyozanryu. The diamond dragon nodded and its tail lightly tapped the floor. At that moment, a small amount of nanobots went into the floor and they did what they do best, they began to multiply. Slowly they eating away at the floor and spread out through the building all while relaying information back to Taha. In truth while there is a great combat feature to Hyozanryu, it's main point of excellence is for recon and surveillance. The bots had made their way don't the hall and then they saw that the green robot threat down the hall. 

Well it seems that we are under attack. By some green mechanical creature. I will go out and by some time while you all escape and evacuate others. I will try not to cause too much damage to the building. 

Taha then ran outside to the hall to engage the enemy. Though it looked like he was a ways away from actual meeting the enemy but thanks to his bots who were still multiplying and eating the interior of the building while simultaneous keeping it up. He could still see it though thanks to the his nanobots spying from ceiling of the hall. While running down the hall he tried to think about ways to combat this creature. Well if something was coming into a situation where it has to go against potential level 5 Espers then it should be pretty tough. I guess I have to work on the whole stall tactic theory. First, I should see what kind of threat I am going up against.

When he thought that he snickered and the hoards of nanobots that were observing the green armored bot came down and turned into what looked like a never ending rain of spears to try to impale the green creature.

As Megumi heard this voice, she suddenly heard an explosion and a scream outside the room. Immediately rushed out, Megumi saw a green powered suit walked this way from the opposite side of the corridor which seemed to be damaged. There seems to be some resisting from the other students like those attacking nanobots or some other students who also using their powers to attack, but the powered suit appeared to be unaffected by them and still heading this way. She somehow felt that she was its target, and upon figured that, she closed the blog she was reading and suddenly phoned the number on top of her recent contact list

"Kokone, where are you? OK. No, stay there. There is some random powered suit here, I just want you to use your power to tell everyone in this floor to take cover in the classrooms and make sure they won't randomly move in panic, thanks"

"Roger" a cheerful voice as always could be heard at the other end, and the next moment...

"Hello. Everyone on the 3rd floor of the main building, I'm Psycho Speaker and there's something I want to tell you all. The #1 Level 5 of the Academy City is currently there and now she can't wait to tear the trespassing robot apart, so she wants you all to stay..."

The announcement was interrupted as the crowd began to cheer loudly enough to be heard through the phone, the students, including those who already hid in the classrooms and those from the other area of the building within 30m range of Kokone's Psycho Sound who knew nothing about the powered suit before the announcement were now gathering at a range from the powered suit and looking for Megumi. She facepalmed and talked to the phone once more.

"Thank you VERY much."

A guilty soft laughter could be heard before she hung up. The Level 5 now walked toward the powered suit. A bunch of students were gathered in the hallway behind the powered suit and behind Megumi who were walking to each other. She looked around and sighed, taking down some full-armed robot with this many onlookers is not easy. Her wide range attacks are sealed, and even the powered suit hasn't attacked any student yet, but it already caused an explosion in order to enter the building, and who knows what'll happen?

"Sorry to dissapoint you, but I'm still only a mere level 4. Can't speak for my teleporting friend here, though"

Nanata face turned to a grimace. A teleporter, really of all the useless abilities to use against her it had to be that one.

"I'm Jun Ninomiya, also known as Illuminator. A third year and vice-president of the student council" Said while presenting his hand for a handshake "Nice to meet you!"

She paused at the gesture and reluctantly shook his hand. "Nice to meet you too Jun" in a sickeningly sweet voice. While she was being rude she couldn't help but like this guys formality. Plus those glasses looked good on him.

One of the other guys chirped in. “And I’m Hibari.” She let go and glanced at Hibari, this must be the teleporter. His cloths were all over the place a straight up turn off. But if we’re going by fancy code names, you can call me Void Walker-even though its a kind of a mouth full...” Her assumption was correct or at least she thought she was. Void Walker gave her the impression of teleportation. “Your parents know you’re waltzing around here challenging level 5s, girlie?” What she did was her business and her mother wouldn't mind anyways. She was starting to get annoyed. She didn't like the use of the word "girlie" her and was about to deck him when he spoke again.  “After what you did to that kid this morning, it's safe to say you’re a 4 too.”

Welp she knew she wasn't going to like this Hibari guy at all."Yes, I'm labeled as a level 4 but only because they haven't been able to fully understand my ability. There's still alot they need to test. Also, it's not my fault that guys bones couldn't handle a punch with 10 tons per squire inch worth of force behind it. I even went easy. Not only that, he shouldn't have been trying to touch my breasts in the first place."

At that moment a rather old looking large breasted woman walked up to them.

"My my, it's getting so lively here~ what's going on~? You all look like you're having so much fun~ Mind if I join in~?" Said the lady with her arms crossed under her breasts. The women then looked at Nanata. "I just know I'll make some adorable friends today~"

Nanata turned at the same time the lady did. A green mechanized suit stood not to far from them and the others. She had no doubt in her mind that whatever this mecha was, it'd be of no danger to her.  Just as she was about to start walking toward it the lady spoke, "My my~ I think I'll have fun some other time~".

That lady unsheathed a sword, assumed a stance, then charged at the mecha riding on a water flow. Nanata noted this just as the lady created ice around it. This lady seemed pretty powerful, Nanata almost wanted to fight her. Almost. The lady came back and grabbed two others in the group, she didn't pay attention on who exactly.

Nanata at that moment activated her ability on herself. All the space that she took up froze in place. Her body, cloths, even the air in her lungs, all were formed like one indestructible solid. Despite this, she could still move, see, and hear. She maybe had 4 to 7 minutes tops before her brain would fry and that wasn't taking into account other things she might use her ability on. At a normal speed she walked towards the temporally frozen mecha, her fist clenched. Nanata wouldn't be able speak while like this so that lady better not to try and grab her cause it'd be like a car hitting a mountain.

Ichijou ground her teeth at what the level 4 said about her. Who the hell did he think he was talking about her like that!? For that matter who the hell did he think she was!? She was Ichijou Suzuran one of the most powerful, if not the most powerful esper at the whole goddamn school, she had every right to talk down to each and everyone of those little-

The voice of another esper echoed in Ichijou's head interrupting he inner monologue alerting her to another, more immediate issue. 

"Kikuno," Ichijou said seemingly speaking to air, "activation code: WAIFU BAIT...."

A life-size figure, dressed in a maid uniform, that had been previously standing in the corner of the room, and could have easily been mistaken for any of the other otaku paraphernalia in the room suddenly flashed its eyes turning them from a dull grey to a deep purple.

"Your directive Ichijou-sama," the robot said in a mechanical voice.

"There is a large mechanized suit coming towards this dormitory," Ichijou said watching the suit through the school's external camera's "Initiate Directive 35..."

"Oh..." the droid showed slightly surprise at this order, "not even any parts left?"

"I'm in a bad mood," Ichijou said, "no swing your leg at a 138 degree angle."

Obeying the order the robot maid swung its leg around connecting with the gas grenade the momentum from the robot's kick sending the grenade back out the window after which she leapt out it herself to confront the mecha suit.

Confident Kikuno would be able to handle mecha Ichijou returned to her computer this time hacking into the entire school's PA system.

"Attention students this Ichijou Suzuran if you are not already aware Ibarki Academy is currently under attack by an unknown number of Mechanized Suits, so why don't we give them a warm welcome!?" 

Hibari’s face lit up with the appearance of Kotori. The girl’s motherly figure was enough to make him tune out the static noise of the rest of the conversation, and warrant all of his attention. Letting his eyes wander up in down her body, he began to say something but was silenced by a familiar voice in his head. 

"You are in danger. Leave the area and get safe as soon as possible!"

“Huh? Akemi-chan?!” The boy instantly went on high alert, noticing that everyone else seemed to have heard the level 5’s voice too. Knowing that Akemi wouldn’t have done this if this situation weren’t dire, Hibari prepared to warp everyone in the group to safety. 

Not even giving him a chance to seek out the threat, an angelic like mech seemed to appear from nowhere, a large explosion heralding its arrival on the field. Kotori was the first to act, attempting the freeze the robot’s armor before grabbing two other students from the group and making a hasty retreat. It was now only him, Jun, Nanata, and a young white haired girl that he noticed had began lingering at the outskirts of the conversation.  

Watching as Kotori  attempted to take the students to safety, Hibari placed his hand on Jun’s shoulderand spoke low enough so that only he could hear him. “Look that voice just now… I know her, and she wouldn’t have gone through the trouble of contacting us unless we were about to be in some deep sh*t.” His tone was suddenly uncharacteristically serious, and each word oozed urgency. “That things attacking a field full of Espers... it can’t be a norm-“ He stopped short as Nanata began slowly walking towards the Mecha. 

The pilot of the Yggdrasil unit smirked as an esper girl began to lowly approach him. The ice had already began to melt off the exterior of the suit at an unnaturally fast rate, and the armor’s Esper scanning software identified the little girl and her powers. “All stop", huh?” He chuckled to himself. “Well aren’t you in for a shock!” Letting the girl continue her painfully slow advance, the pilot temperately turned his attention to the rest of the group. “One 5, Three level 4’s, and a 2… This should be over quickly.” 

Much to the surprise of Nanata, the Yggdrasil unit suddenly erupted into a flurry a movement. Though initially slowed by her ability, it began to gather large amounts of crackling green energy at the tip of its blade. Raising the sword above it’s head, it let loose a salvo of lasers that went flying past the girl, instead heading towards the group behind her, as well as the level 5 that was fleeing with the two level 0's at frightening speeds. 

But she wasn’t safe either. The air around the suit seemed to distort slightly, as it shrugged of the remainder of her ability, as well as any ice that was left on its armor. It then swiped its blade through the air in front of it, before shooting off towards young Nanata preparing to run her through. 

“In coming!” Hibari shouted before bursting into his own series of movements. Tightening his grip on Jun’s shoulder, he glanced over to a nearby rooftop before warping his friend to the new location. Next was the little white haired girl; with no time for introductions, Hibari dashed over to her, scooping her up before warping them both to the same rooftop as Jun. 

Once there, he flashed Jun the universal look of “We need a plan!”, before glancing back towards Nanata. He then vanished in his usual flash of light, reappearing at Nanata’s side and placing his hand on her shoulder. He tried to warp the two away, but found that the little girl wouldn’t budge…  

Realizing that this could be her ability, he began to show signs of panic. “Turn it off!” It was then that the Mecha’s attack exploded behind them causing a wave of hot smoke to wash over the area. The mecha’s approach now shrouded in a fresh dust cloud, Hibari pleaded again. “Turn it off or we’re both dead!”

If Nanata headed his pleas, Hibari would warp them both to the same rooftop that he had taken the others. If not it would be up the other espers to provide some sort of cover. 

The powered suit located within the school walked down the hall casually, barely flinching as the pillars made by Hyozanryu hurtled toward it. Rather than inflicting much of any damage, the spears of nanobots made a sharp turn away from the suit, about an inch from the surface. From inside the suit, a sinister laugh could be heard, seemingly coming from a female pilot. "The scanners register this as a result of the Esper ability of Level 2, Taha Muhammed. Did you really think you could even so much as scratch a machine as superior as this with your little bug-bots? Our powered suits have been outfitted with electromagnetic shielding, so a cloud of metal won't even be able to touch them!" 

Seeing the approach of the strongest Level 5, Tsuchiya Megumi, the pilot continued, "Same goes for you, missy. This sort of field prevents the transmission of Esper abilities, so I am completely safe from yours within it! Then again, I suppose a bit of insurance wouldn't hurt..." Turning off toward the side, she picked out a random student from the crowd that had oh-so-conveniently gathered, firing a small metal disk at the student's chest. As the the device affixed itself to the victim's clothing, a light began to flash on it. "There we go, that ought to make the situation a bit more interesting. In case you couldn't assume, that is a bomb attached to your little fan there. If my suit sustains any major damage, it will go off, and I am sure you wouldn't like to see that happen. The bomb is much more potent than you would assume based upon its size. Easily enough to wipe out your whole entourage. Now then, Number 1, what will be your next move?"

Hearing first a mental warning, followed by a series of explosions, Hideyoshi lazily stood from his seat, walking toward the door. Opening it, he stepped through, quickly glancing around to asses the situation. From what he could gather, the enemy had taken a hostage, and had no intention of allowing this to be a fair fight. Sighing, he walked down the hallway, approaching the boy he had identified before. Addressing Taha, he spoke, "I assume that you understand the current situation? I elect that rather than recklessly attacking we take a moment to find a... more intelligent course of action." 

"Attention students this Ichijou Suzuran if you are not already aware Ibarki Academy is currently under attack by an unknown number of Mechanized Suits, so why don't we give them a warm welcome!?" 

Bringing his hand up to his face to pinch the bridge of his nose between his thumb and forefinger, he pulled his hood up over his head and sighed, "Of course... just as brash as before..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, at the source of the announcement, the third of the three suits squared off against the Level 5's personal defense drone. "You really don't think we are very prepared, do you? For each of the Level 5s we imagined we would encounter, we had our suits outfitted with specialized equipment." As the suit's pilot let out a chuckle, a wide antenna popped up from the back of his suit. As the antenna began to let out a hum, a glow would accumulate upon it until, in a fraction of a second, the glow expanded off of the antenna, spreading over Kikuno and across the dorms as a wave, causing all electronic devices to fry and turn themselves off. 

"So as to reduce your potential as a threat, I had my suit equipped with an EMP emitter. Now then," the suit began casually walking toward the broken window, and Ichijo on the other side, "How will you fair without all of your little toys?"

"Dammit!"

At first, the #1 was sure that none of this powered suit's attacks could harm her, be it physically, heat or electric, so she negligently turned to the students around and smiled to them, but that was the exact moment when the woman in the powered suit started to speak and used a bomb to take a hostage. Megumi who just heard and saw that move swore and blamed herself. She could have frozen the air in the bomb's path and blocked it if she has seen that move from the start. Now things were harder, directly melting it on contact was now sealed with that special field she has never heard of, condensed explosion was also prohibited by the hostage, her "second persona" was totally useless when it came to things other than killing and her most specialized moves like ice daggers, anesthetic and poison were effective only on human, not a robot with that field. Megumi continue to analyze situations and all her options while also trying to buy the time and began to reply to the enemy's taunt with the unchanged smile...

"My next move? And what do you expect from me after using a dirty trick like hostage?..."

...Saving the hostage's life was the top priority. She knew she could nullify the bomb with ease, but all of her manipulations bar air-related must be done on contact, and to touch the bomb, she need to reach that student who was now standing behind that powered suit...

"...Why don't just focus on me if your objective was stated so? Oh, I forgot that your attack wouldn't work on me, so you need to kill someone to cover your failure, right?..."

...She has considered to distract the enemy by creating ice walls around the suit to block the its vision and ran through it to save the hostage first, but she then realized that the enemy was well prepared. Taking a hostage even with that uber defensive field proved that the enemy was well aware of her elements alteration which could freely cause an explosion, so there was a chance that it also had some kind of intense heat generator, which could defrost her ice in an instant, attached to it as well.

"And don't tell me you're gonna trigger that bomb, your life's insurance, and get yourself eradicated, by me, just because you are angry?"

She still couldn't find the way that could ensure both hostage's safety and the enemy's defeat. Megumi secretly gritted her teeth while also trying to mentally overcome her opponent as she has never expected to see the day when she'd be cornered so easily. At that moment, a door of the classroom in the back of the powered suit was opened soundlessly, and the boy who she suddenly recognized as a Level 4 walked out and joined the boy who used nanobots before. The reason she could recognized him as a Level 4 was she accidentally walked pass the room where he was doing his system scan this morning while she was training her invisi...

Invisible! She suddenly figured it, the way to get to the hostage without letting the enemy triggering the bomb, but she can't do it right away or the enemy's most likely to trigger the bomb instantly, so what she need was a little period of time where the enemy won't focused at her and would be shocked by her disappearance and forgot about the bomb. One of those 2 boys looked at her, they seemed to not be panicked like the others around here...

Megumi finished her planning. She simultaneously spoke and manipulated some of the air's properties, controlled her sound to move in a direct line toward those boys without letting the enemy hear it, what she said was simple:

"Draw her attention, please"

Taha had stroked his chin at the power suit's defense system. He then noticed that Hideyoshi was right behind him adding extra commentary that stated something that led Taha to think his actions were reckless. Taha for some odd reason felt the need to explain himself. Well when I attacked there wasn't a crowd of students in the hallway so it wasn't that reckless...to me anyway. Also it never occurred to me that this person would just outright tell us about her suit. I thought this person would just move to capture. Nevertheless this situation has gotten infinitely more dangerous. Taha said as he noticed the crowd.  Taha noticed the bomb and then he closed his eyes. From there it was like he could see everything. After a couple of seconds he opened his eyes and looked back at Hideyoshi. The spears that had just missed and landed elsewhere dispersed into what would be a very thin metal like mist that now covered the narrow hallway except for the the immediate area around the suit. 

It was then that he noticed how the legendary Goddess was doing some kind of prep work. Needless to say he was impressed by how she could manipulate air to the point where only he could hear. Of course the robot woman could probably read lips but that wasn't going to matter anyway. Taha was more than capable of providing distraction. 

Taha made his way to in front of the Goddess stroking his chin quite humorously. Superior machine you say? Granted I am nowhere near the level of the number one Esper, but I feel as one machinist to another I have to challenge you on that statement. God I hate using a trump card like this. Your battle suit is more proficient in combat than mine and it looks like it was made to combat high level Espers. So that is another plus. However I would wager that my Hyozanryu is far...far more versatile. Taha tilted his head and smiled. I don't know what your scanners picked up, but everything outside your immediate line of sight is actually Hyozanryu. He finished with a big smile and the entire third floor collapsed and dissolved into an unholy infestation of nanobots. Granted none of the unholy hoard that was formerly the third floor (bar the support beams that keep the building up) could touch the green monster, but she was now in what she had previously referred to as a metal cloud. Outside of this metal cloud the students were all carried away on a nanobot cloud of greatness. As for the bomb well the boy who was wearing it is okay because with a giant whole in his clothes. The nanobots just ate around that part of his shirt and floated perfectly so it would have appeared to stay in place. 

While this was going on Taha had managed to make floating platforms for the Goddess and the Informant. He was able to make a bridge from the bomb to the Goddess incase she wanted to make a run for the bomb. He turned to them as his true Hyozaryu finally flew next to him. So I think I can stall for 52 seconds. I'm sure the two of you are more than qualified to defeat an enemy of this level. As he spoke Hyozanryu roared as it was ready for this new challenger. 

Nanata moved ever forward as the ice around the mecha quickly melted freeing it. It seemed it didn't view her as a threat at all. It'd know soon enough though that that would be a mistake. It let out a Salvo of laser in other directions. Once it was done with this it turned back, raised it's sword and charged her. She smirked "What an idiot" .

Hibari suddenly appeared next to her, like through his esper ability. He looked like he was trying to do something and then exclaimed “Turn it off!”............“Turn it off or we’re both dead!” Nanata shook her head. Raising her left arm she as gently as could placed her palm on his chest and pushed. Hibari was sent flying back just in time as the blade impacted her chest. Her body didn't move, but the blade did. It dented in sending massive vibrations through out the rest of the mecha.

Nanata smirked again, raising her right arm and wagged her finger. "That's what you get for underestimating me" She thought.  Moving forward and stepped in close, she was right next to the black cover where the cockpit now. Pulling back both arms, she let out two punches. She couldn't help but feel the molecules through out her body start moving albeit slowly. Whatever it  was causing it, it wasn't good.

Archived