A Certain Online RP

(GigaDrillBreaker)

Despite his early efforts, Hideyoshi had to wait until quite late at night to be released. Even so, a video feed of the debriefing at the field was sent to his hospital room, which really only consisted of him sitting on the hospital bed, accidentally memorizing every word written on every wall, and counting the cars that passed outside. Needless to say, it was not an enjoyable experience.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inside Room 217, minutes before the door was to be unlocked, stood Hanako Sato, focusing on the contents of a stack of papers through her signature glasses. Behind her, in a chair against the wall, slouched Hideyoshi Inouo. His eyes were closed, but it could be seen through his eyelids that his pupils were darting to and frow within the socket, almost as if he was dreaming. As Sato looked back to him, her face showed cues of concern that nobody was there to notice. "Are you okay? Operating your ability at that high of a level puts a lot of stress on your brain, especially after receiving such recent trauma from yesterday's attack..." 

Quickly standing, Hideyoshi interrupted her, his eyelids opening to reveal a pair of bloodshot sclera, which he quickly covered with a pair of sunglasses. "It is fine, Sato-sensei. You don't need to worry about me. I was just processing the information compiled through yesterday's reports, along with the remaining security tapes, what I could gather from <Glitch's> transmission, and my own eyewitness account. I have it sorted out now, I think I have a pretty good idea how it all played out yesterday." Wincing slightly, he wiped a small amount of sweat from his brow, pulling his hood up. 

Sato persisted, "I understand that you are capable of compiling the information with the same efficiency as academy city's computers, and that there are security reasons for you doing so, but if it is causing danger to your-"

"My health is not the priority right now. Yesterday's EMP is not the only reason this meeting isn't being recorded digitally, and it sure as hell isn't the reason this room is insulated from the rest of the school's mainframe." Hideyoshi bit his lip, glancing toward the closed and locked door.

"Then why?" Sato had waited a few moments before asking, trying to figure out the answer for herself before resigning to an explanation.

"Academy City doesn't trust the Level 5s" Hideyoshi walked to the door, unlocking and opening it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Episode 1

Hyozanryu didn't seem to notice the level 5 off in the distant mainly because she made herself invisible to the naked eye and Taha did not instructor any higher levels of surveillance. It was interesting though to say the least. Hyozanryu could clearly see the other other nanobots it had tainted the assailant with. Slowly but surely some of them leapt off of the mysterious pilot woman wherever she was and slowly borrowed themselves in the cracks and slivers of her apartment. From there they began to multiple at an exponentially slower rate than what they normally do, but that was to simply serve as a bench marker and possible location 1 of the bad guys hideout. The rest remained scattered on various parts of the woman sending out a little beacon for the time being.

Unfortunately Taha was no fool, waves of that nature could probably be intercepted so while back in the archive he had to shut the bots off. The Esper left out of his trance and he let out a sigh. He did all that he could do for now. The only thing left was to pray that the enemy didn't have a method of detecting his little bugs.

Episode 2 

After a long night of homework, paperwork and needless pondering about this attack Taha, slightly tired, arrived at this building that he visited from before. This time he actually went inside. As he walked through the door with Hyozanryu broken down into his band form Taha wondered if the ones who managed to actually defeated the machine and destroy it would make an appearance. Granted they probably wouldn't want to engage in conversation, but still part of his job is to monitor the high level Espers. He laughed as he wanted to figure out how best he could contribute to finding the other level 5, but so far it looked like all he could do was just give the information that he had. Ugh to be a foreigner and put in the spotlight like this. He thought to himself.

As he approached the door to room 217 he reached for the handle when something inside his mind clicked. Sort of like his spidey-senses were tingling. Well this is weird. This room is void...he thought. Well void might not be the best word to describe what he sensed, but soon it was clear. He sensed Hyozanryu activating itself. A tiny amount of nanobots had attached themselves to him. Oh so this place is somehow in the school but not apart of the school. Very interesting indeed. Hyozanryu when on campus is pretty much an autopilot program on wifi, just that it treats the school's network as a the wifi hotspot. With this room not connected to the mainframe Hyozanryu goes into default programming and treats Taha as a the human charger. Hyozanryu runs much more efficient when attached to Taha, but for Taha it is sometimes inconvenient to be directly linked to a synthetic-diamond dragon composed of small multiplying bots.

Taha was a tad worried about this mysterious room but he figured that he should at least trust his school. Though it looks like they may not actually trust him. As he walked in he realized that he wasn't the first member of the group to arrive. Oh he said suddenly recognizing the smart person that was with him at the battle of suit 2. I hope you are feeling better Taha said with a bow. Then he noticed some other stranger propped up against the window. And good day to you too sir. Taha said with another bow as he chose to find a seat near the front of the room.   

Archived