A Certain Online RP

(GigaDrillBreaker)

As the nanobots emerged from the walls and ceiling of the building, the pilot of the powered suit began to laugh hysterically, "You didn't actually think that I wouldn't be able to detonate the bomb remotely, did you?" A faint beep, could be heard from within the suit, followed by another... and another. Seemingly confused, the powered suit turned quickly toward the student upon which the bomb was attached. Even as she continued to attempt to activate it, the bomb was being removed. 

"The signal was intercepted. Though Hyozanryu's main port is controlled by technopathy, the signals are relayed to and from each of the nanobots through short-wave radio. When within extremely close proximity and density, these signals are capable of interfering with others, such as those you intended to use to activate your weapon." Hideyoshi stood a few feet behind Taha, popping the joints in his neck with a hand against his chin. "So then, Muhammed, what other tricks do you have up your sleeve? Or was that unintentional?" 

Not allowing an answer, the woman operating the powered suit raised an arm toward the two, firing a volley of grenades from a hole located on the suit's wrist. "52 seconds?!?!?! You overestimate yourself, esper!"

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ichijou sat calmly at her chair as the electromagnetic field slowly expanded dropping Kikuno like a wet bag of cement.

"Really, you think disabling my toys is all it takes to bring me down? Wow, you dumbass, if that's all it took to beat me I wouldn't be a level 5 esper, wait a second... my toys... that was an EMP field..." Ichijou spun around suddenly panicked clicking her laptop's on button, "no, no, no..." despite her efforts the laptop refused to come on Ichijou quickly leapt up going to her handheld system frantically pressing the on button.

"You... you son of a ..." Ichijou spun her facing contorted in anger stringing an impressive amount of swears and uncouth phrases at the mecha pilot, "you better pray to whatever God you worship that my save file's not ruined, because if it is, oh ho ho if it is after I'm done with you you'll wish for death!"

As soon as it had come though, all the anger that Ichijou had previously shown vanished. Calmly the level 5 esper returned to her desk chair spinning it around as she dropped herself into it. When she faced the pilot again her legs were crossed, hands resting her lap, her face neutral yet somehow at the same time threatening.

"You know you think I underestimated you, but I think I could make the same case against you," Ichijou said her voice apathetic, yet at the same time deadly, "there's a reason were called level 5s, were not some run of the mill super kids. You wanna know something mister. All the machinery, electronics, data running in this school... I can feel it all running through me at this very moment, computer or not. My ability does not simply extend to the few meters that your EMP device interferes with. That little suit your driving, I can feel that too... you wanna know something, you lost this fight the moment you tried to fight me with a machine." Ichijou concluded her speech, closing her eyes, her lips forming into a faint smile.

"Now I'd like to introduce you to my little friend, Ichijou-chan," as Ichijou said this the pilot would notice the face of a smiling little girl, almost Ichijou's clone were she ten years younger, appear on his HUD, "you see my ability allows me to create fully functioning AIs out of my own brain waves, and in the time I was just talking to you allowed me to create an extremely intelligent AI that can fully control your machine if I give the order. Now I believe that would be check. Your move Mr. Pilot."

As the grenades flew toward the boy, Megumi who finally managed to remove the planted bomb dashed toward them, used her power to gather and subsequently touched all of the grenades, she then bent down and touched the floor which also connected to the roof. Suddenly, the grenades stopped in the middle of the air, also the powered suit floated up and was helplessly hanged in the air, too. Furthermore, the entire floor stop collapsing. She began to jokingly speak to the nanobots boy.

"Thanks for the help, but 52 seconds are way too much you know?"

She ignored the cheers that started to burst out again from far away and turned to the enemy before saying .

"You've underestimate what were called Level 5s too much, directly using my power on your suit is not my only option. Someone who uses Electromagnetic field like you should already know MagLev (Magnetic Levitation), so I guess I don't need to explain what will happen to the objects with an intense EM field if I could turn the ground and roof into Superconductors, right? Oh, and you can do whatever you want with these floating grenades, I've already removed all O2 in the small area around them and prevented Oxidizers inside them from working."

At that moment, Kokone ran up the stairs and talked to the Level 5.

"Megu-chan, I've called Anti-Skill, they'll arrive soon!"

Megumi smirked and turned to the powered suit before continuing

"That's good to hear, now then, trespasser, what will be your next move?"

She repeated what the woman said before while also not letting her guard down. Thanks to the bomb before and the effort of the nanobots guy, now all of the students were standing quite a distance, it won't be easy to attack them while the suit itself was restrained and Megumi was standing there. If the enemy want to escape from this situation, she only has a single way left, deactivating that annoying EM field, although doing that also mean the powered suit would be vulnerable to the powers of the students behind her. In short, the situation was what could be called a checkmate, although Megumi somehow felt uneasy as if the enemy still had something up her sleeve.

Kotori had this astonished look on her face as she summoned a thick frost barrier to protect herself and the others she handled from the laser blasts, before attempting to dodge the other few headed her way with her detect-and-run techniques as the ice barrier exploded and melted from the heat. One of the lasers barely ripped through her uniform, before passing through.

She put the two down and said, "run away from this area and avoid all danger, alright~?"

Kotori turned towards the Yggdrasil Unit 1. "Everyone is working so hard today~ I'll make sure their efforts aren't fruitless~"

Kotori proceeded to create another frost barrier. Its temperature was now so chilly, it made the arctic feel like summer heat. Next, the ice barrier was charging towards the Yggdrasil unit, ready to slam it down with extremely low temperatures. In preparation for her next strike, Kotori drew her dual tachis, ready to strike once her ice barrier has connected.

Taha looked quite stunned at the thought that his technopathy was actually able to prevent the enemy from making a move. He looked back at Hideyoshi and shrugged. Well I think you already know that was completely unintentional. As for other impressive tricks I don't think I do anything that the level 5 Esper can't do better. He said as the Esper had rendered the active grenades useless. Though at this moment he decided best course of action would be to see how the enemy reacted. Having thought that, the enemy had to have been aware at the fact "The Goddess" was capable of such feats so there were probably counter measures. Now that I think about it, all of the offensive weapons have been rather...conventional. Yes the defenses are catered for taking out Esper's, but the everything else seems pretty standard.

I wonder if this is a standard battle suit with just some adjustments. He said out loud as he moved his hand in a swirling motion. The copious amounts of nanobots had become a thin mist that didn't really obstruct the visibility of combatants but it served a different purpose. Pity because I don't think I'll even be needed once Antiskill arrives. 

The female pilot's laughter stopped abruptly as the Level 5 Esper known as <Goddess> managed to single-handedly disable the grenades, as well as trap her suit in mid-air. A tired sigh could be heard through the speakers of the suit as it dropped down to the ground, disabling its shielding. A small pneumatic whistling sounded, as the front of the suit opened up in multiple sections, with a woman stepping out onto the ground, looking at each of the Espers before her. "So even with shielding that is resistant to your abilities, you still manage to beat me?" The woman was just under 6 feet tall, and was pale, with long, crimson hair flowing down to her waist, appearing to be in her late twenties. "It has been fun playing with you... kids," she practically spat out the last word, "but there is no reason for me to remain here." Turning her left palm over so that it was in full view of her adversaries, a small, red button was made visible. Pressing it with her thumb, two things happened simultaneously: the first of these being that a thick, dark, smokescreen was emitted from multiple points on the now-abandoned suit, with the second being the creation of an extremely high-pitched noise from speaker located within the suit's nooks and crannies. This specific frequency inhibits the brain's ability to calculate, and as such weakens (or at this close of range, eliminates completely) the abilities of Espers.

The moment that the sound began to be emitted, Hideyoshi began to feel his consciousness fog up, "My ability is was allows me to think... without it... I..." As a drop of blood falls from his nostril, Hideyoshi Inoue's eyes rolled back as he slipped out of awareness and falls forward. Through the chaos created by the frequency, smokescreen, and sudden fainting student, the pilot managed to slip away from the area without a trace, leaving nothing behind but the discarded suit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Over outside the girls' dormitory, as similar situation was occurring. As the pilot saw the AI begin to appear on his HUD, he flipped an analog switch with his thumb, shutting off the suit's powered forcibly through use of intense electrical current through the computing components, followed by a standard circuit break. Once the lights within the suit, AI included among them, had disappeared, the suit began to open up using its pneumatic set-up. "It would seem that by diverting so much energy to the EMP, the Suit's electromagnetic shielding was down for just long enough for you to get in there with your AI. Consider me to be impressed, <Glitch>." Stepping out of the suit, the pilot was revealed to be a man in his late thirty, sporting a full goatee and wearing a green suit. "You an I are parallels. We both fight through use of Technology. The greatest difference between us is that I create, while you repurpose. In any case, each of use is powerless without our machines, so I think it would be safe to call it a stalemate." Walking away from the dorm casually, he cocked his head in the general direction of the suit, "Consider it a parting gift." The pilot continued to walk away, disppearing into the sdistance.

Megumi painfully groaned as the noise burst out. She was standing in front of the suit, closer to it than any other student, and being the most powerful Level 5, both of that made her the one who receiving the most pain. She has never expected AIM Jammer-like weapon that directly interfere with AIM field and the brain in this kind of powered suit. However, even with the severe headache as if it was going to explode, the #1 was able to instinctually manipulated the air layers, creating a noise proof wall around the suit and blocking the furthermore noise, but then she saw the pale woman who caused all of this ruckus pushed Kokone out of the way and ran down the stairs. Megumi raised her hand, but then her visions suddenly went black...

Shortly after the Level 5 fainted and the chaos grew even bigger, Kokone who wasn't harmed by the noise thanks to Goddess's effort and her location has picked up her small pink microphone. She had decided that the condition of everyone here took priority over how Megumi and others kept telling her not to reveal her true power in public. She oriented the microphone toward her mouth, recalled the several past events that have made her happy, and started to sing with a clear voice.

The chaos among the students suddenly stopped as they heard a beautiful song that could be heard by all students around there thanks to the singer's ability. At that moment, Kokone's aqua eyes were glowing pink, which indicated her temporary ability to see the AIM field. She looked around and saw that people who were fainted had started emitting an AIM field again, which mean they had started recovering and should regain consciousness soon.

Taha could only raise an eyebrow as the pilot of the battle suit revealed herself and spotting the typical rhetoric of a sore loser. It was at this moment though that Taha realized this woman didn't have an idea of forethought. She had dropped her shield and revealed herself. She was pretty much food for Hyozanryu. Nevertheless, she still seemed to come prepared. She pressed a red button on some device that triggered some kind of smokescreen. Taha easily rolled his eyes as this wasn't a match for Hyozanryu. However this was followed up by some kind of anti-Esper scrambler. He could easily see his Hive mind slowly shutting down and a sharp whistling noise go off in the back of his skull. Luckily the level 5 Goddess had somehow kept the sound from completely rendering Taha helpless, which was more than enough time for him to simply keep his mist...up. As the mysterious assailant made her escape Taha fell unconscious with a smile on his face assured that his plan had to have worked.

Minutes later Taha was able to regain consciousness with a slight headache and as he came to he noticed that he was nestled in a sleeping dragon that Hyozanryu was. Right...didn't give a mental command there did I? His powers slowly recovering he began to manipulate the now giant heap of nanbots that just laid lifeless on the lower floor of the school. He nodded as he snapped his fingers and slowly the giant pile slowly came to life and began making shapes. Definitely not back at 100%. He said looking at his hand. His Hive Mind vision was showing several black spots meaning that some of the nanobots were not transmitting signals. He blinked turning his sight back to normal and looked to see how everyone else was doing. Taha finally noticed that someone was actually healing the fainted parties and that was why he was able to recover so quickly. 

He looked at Kokone and nodded with a smile as his way of saying thank you. No need to break the concentration of the schools savior. Now let's see if my theory worked. Taha looked at Hyozanryu. So, can you find her? Hyozanryu scratched the side of his face with his claw almost cartoonishly as a sign of confusion. Taha knew immediately what this meant. Yes, it is within the capabilities of Hyozanryu, but that ability is not useful at this moment. Meh, its too soon anyway. I would've acted better if I knew she had an anti-Esper rape whistle. Man that is a useful gadget. The theory was simple. Once the "Goddess" won the battle with no casualties Taha knew the pilot would have to basically drop her shield which was the only thing that was keeping Taha's Hyozanryu from attacking her. Taha figured that the only thing the pilot could do now would be to make a run for it. Therefore Taha made a mist of pure nanobots giving him 360 vision in case she tried to escape. The pilot did even better. Not only did she drop the shield she revealed herself. Now she may have thought that the scrambler was a smart play but in actuality it sealed her doom. Without any signal the nanobots would just drop from the sky and land on whatever was below them...aka the pilot herself. Taha thought the least he could do was just bug the woman so she can be tracked later. Unfortunately he is not recovered to the point where he can activate nanobots that aren't in his immediate vicinity. To make matters worse since he is a level 2 Esper he only has 100m radius of influence over the nanobots. So if she gets out of range then he'll have to go back to the lab at school and hook himself up to computer which even then only covers the entire city. But, it was a start if anything.

Taha looked at the genius boy from before and realized that he was in dire straights. Immediately he waved Hyozanryu to go fly the boy to the nearest lab or hospital so that he may get some quality attention while Taha himself stayed at the battleground tending to his unhealthy hoard of mini mechanized warriors. He figured it was best to stay in one place and regain his strength. That was certainly a way to kick off the day.

Hibari’s eyes widened as Nanata shoved him to the side. The green glow of the mecha was now visible through the smoke screen, and it was only seconds before the girl would be slaughtered. Ignoring the fact that he had just refused his rescue attempt, Hibari brought him self to a sliding halt before slamming his hands to the ground and activating his ability. A large patch of the ground under him suddenly vanished, but instead of reappearing in between the mecha and the girl like he intended, it instead was warped a few feet to the side of the pair; seemingly displaced by a barrier of some sort. Dammit! Hibari cursed his powerlessness as he prepared to watch Nanata be ripped apart.

Luckily however, it seemed that the girl’s ability held strong, causing the blade to suffer a large dent surround followed by pair of massive cracks. Completely unharmed, the girl stepped forward to deliver a double fisted punch. But as she got into range Nanata’s face twisted in confusion; Why did it feel like her power was begin to weaken? 

Nanata wasn't sure why her molecules where moving at all. Her ability was the very pinnacle of not moving (though she defied this.....) so there shouldn't be any reason as to why they'd start now. She then remembered that just previously, the ice that had formed around the mecha had melted at an absurd rate. Perhaps the mecha had some kind of anti-esper ability. Well, wasn't much she could do now being right up to it and all. With that in mind, she did the only thing that for her seemed sensible. She focused even harder on herself making sure the calculations compensated for the speeding up process. All of this happened before her two fists landed. With her body back to its immovable state the first blow dented the black visor and also pushed the mecha back a little. The next blow managed to crack a hole right through the visor and grazed person inside the mecha.

For a moment she was face to face with the pilot, his unnaturally grey eyes glared back at her with inconceivable amounts of hatred. His glare was enough to unsettle even the coldest individuals, but what was truly frightening about him was the fact that the boy seemed to be no older then 18. 

“Dammit, He could have warned me that the shields potency dropped to such a low level when I attacked!” The pilot growled to himself as his eyes danced across the suit’s systems. The Esper scum had managed severely damage the field generator with a lucky punch, and now it seemed that the tide of the battle might have turned in their favor. “I’ll just have to get out of her range…”  He regained his composure before giving the mental command for the suit to take flight, but just he took to the air; a massive wall of ice collided with him from the side. “What now?!” 

Watching as the mecha came crashing down into the ground, Hibari noticed its defensive field begin to flicker before vanishing completely. “Oh, so it looks like your little party trick didn’t last long.” Hibari grinned as he observed the Mecha stumble to its feet as it raised its sword in preparation for the same attack it used earlier. But this time it never got the chance. Just as the energy had begun to gather at the tip of the damage blade: a large blast of condensed light pierced through its center, causing the sword to shatter into two. 

Turning over his shoulder to see who could have possible been responsible for such an attack, Hibari was met with the sight of Jun standing at the edge of the building he had been left on. His right arm was extended in a sniper's pose, and Hibari could just barely make out the smile on the other boy’s face as he mouthed something along the lines of: “Direct hit.” 

"It's time~" Kotori's honey-sweet voice hummed, hiding her frigid, cold, violent fighting techniques. She drew her dual tachi and charged at the mechanical mayhem with her shinobi style movements. Using her blades, she slashed the machine exoskeleton's outer husk, weakening its defense further, before unleashing a very powerful attack that was dubbed by those who have heard rumors of her - Nilfheim.

This techniques effects were instant, freezing over the vast majority of the machine's frame in a beautiful but deadly array of jagged icicles. Taking few leaps backwards, Korori leaped for in a final strike of her blade to finish it all off.

"Everyone~ let's do this~"

Thought you’d never ask!” Hibari let out a rowdy cry, before warping towards the remains of the Mecha’s sword. Scooping up one of the jagged halves of the massive weapon, he glanced up towards the sky and vanished in his signature flash. 

Up to this point Nanata had thought she was fighting a robot so finding out a person was attacking her just served to piss her off. Clearing the distance between her and the armor. She sent several punches all aimed at the chest. Hoping to force the coward out she was completely unaware of her surroundings and the others who were fighting the mecha along side her.

The pilot of the armor was forced to endure this onslaught, as he tried to figure out a way out of this mess. The suit had begun loosing power at an astonishing rate due the excessive amounts of damage, and it was becoming painfully apparent to him that he was running out of options. “No, not yet!” He shouted as he attempted to force the suit into the air a final time just as the little esper girl cocked her fist back to deliver the final punch. Weighed down by the ice, his ascent was much slower then expect, but at least he was able to get airborn. Or so he thought. 

“LIKE I'D LET YOU RUN!” Hibari’s voice boomed from the heavens as he came rocketing down towards the mecha at breakneck speeds with the fragment of the blade in hand. As he came into view, he raised the blade high above his head before using Void walker to teleport directly atop his target; slamming the massive machine down into Nanata’s punch with all the momentum and force he had gathered in his descent.

The impact was devastating, kicking up a large cloud of dust as well as causing a shockwave that was felt through out the area. Shards of ice and metal, as well as four robotic limbs littered the field as a testament to the battle that the students had just endured. The main building now also brandished a new massive hole which marked the spot where the armor's cockpit had been blasted to by the groups final attack.  

Reappearing once again Nanata's side, Hibari dropped down to his knees in exhaustion. "Think we got him?" He managed choke out between his gasps for air. Unfortunately, his question was almost immediately answered when the silhouette of what could only be the suit's pilot began to limp from the rubble. As the dust began to clear they would be able to make out the features of what appeared to be a A boy in their age group. His hair was matted with blood, and it was obvious that he hadn't survived the attack without injury.

He met the espers who had defeated him with a spiteful gaze, before raising his hand to reveal what appeared to by some kind of explosive device. "This is just the beginning... A test from Mother." Sneering, the boy slammed the device to the ground causing it to release a highly potent flash that would blind all those on the field. "Try and make sure you survive till to our next meeting, Labrats." The boy vanished with the flash, and just like that the field was calm again. It was over. 

In a flash of light, the enemy was gone, just like that. No one knew where he went or how he disappeared. Kotori chose not to pursue, even though she probably could.

"He looked kind of young, I wonder what could've possibly lead to this~," Kotori chirps. "Well, I think that's a wrap for today~. Is everyone alright~?"

Kotori had a concerned look on her face as she reaches out a hand for the exhausted Hibari.

The busty woman then speaks, "the only thing that matters now is that we live to see another day~ Who knows what will happen tomorrow~ I believe that the young one and us will cross paths once more another time~" Kotori then radiates a heavenly smile towards all.

"And yes, I am actually as worried as the rest of you, there's more than just him or the others said to be here~"

It was over. Just as quickly as the battle had begun it had ended, and the students where now left with far more questions then answers. Who was this “Mother”? And what did she have to gain from attacking the school?

Gripping Kotori’s hand, Hibari allowed himself to be pulled back on his feet. The combination of the system scan and the fight had definitely put the boy near his limit. “Dammit, he was in my sights! I should have used Void Walker on him when I had the chance!” Hibari growled as he took a final look at the spot the other boy had been standing in. 

"The only thing that matters now is that we live to see another day~ Who knows what will happen tomorrow~ I believe that the young one and us will cross paths once more another time~"

Yea… I guess you’re right.” Hibari nodded, seemingly taking a moment to regain his composure before smiling at Kotori. The air around the boy instantly shifted from deadly serious; to his usually cloud like demeanor as he spoke.

Well I’d party with you girls any time!” He offered both girls one last warm smile before turning towards the stand that he had “barrowed” the food from a little earlier. It was surprisingly still in one piece and all the snacks would definitely help The Void Walker regain some of his energy. 

Hibari attempted make a smooth exit but his legs almost immediately gave out, causing him to find himself on his knees again. Sighing, he turned to the girls and blushed slightly. “Anyone care to join me for a little post-boss lunch?” He took on a pleading expression has he pointed at the snack stand that now seemed so far away.

Though her eyes were in no danger from the light, Nanata instinctively raised her hand to avoid it. When the light went away and she looked back, the guy was nowhere in sight. She was annoyed, she wanted to break the guys ribs. Based on what he had said though, she'd get another crack at him in the future. When that time came, "cracking" him would bring her pleasure.

She realized then that her "brain" or however she was able to think in her current state was starting to hurt. So she went out of stasis and took a deep breath of fresh air. Becoming more aware of her surroundings, the Hibari guy snarled.

“Dammit, he was in my sights! I should have used Void Walker on him when I had the chance!”

Well she certainly agreed with him and would have responded in kind but the busty lady spoke sooner.

"the only thing that matters now is that we live to see another day~ Who knows what will happen tomorrow~ I believe that the young one and us will cross paths once more another time~" Kotori then radiates a heavenly smile towards all.

Nanata rolled her eyes, that overly cheerful attitude was kind of annoying. Course what the lady said next helped ease her.

"And yes, I am actually as worried as the rest of you, there's more than just him or the others said to be here~"

Nanata wobbled a little bit. Her energy was getting pretty loww and the headache wasn't helping matters. So she popped a skull jelly in her mouth.

Well I’d party with you girls any time!” Said Hibari as he tried to walk away from them towards a snake table only to stumble and nearly fall. “Anyone care to join me for a little post-boss lunch?”

Nanata  could use some food and although she didn't much like the guy, she wasn't heartless. "Sure, your used to your teleporting ability Void Walker so you that's what it'll seem like for you." With an in hail and some mustering of the new energy flowing through her, she put herself and Hibari in stasis. She then casually picked him up off the ground with one hand, walked to the snack table while waving the busty lady to follow, and then set the guy on the ground. She stopped her ability at that point and plopped into the nearest chair. Grabbing a snack, started eating. "I'll be sure to take that guy down the next time I see him. Also, I know I look weak and I sound arrogant but my ability hasn't failed me yet. Try to remember that when I'm fighting someone. Still, thanks for going out of your way to try and save me even if in the end it wasn't necessary." She genuinely smiled then.

As the three battlefields calmed down, life began returning to normal. In the dorms, the lights turned on one by one, signalling the area reboot after the previous EMP. Through the loudspeakers across the campus and dorms (or rather, those that had not been destroyed during the recent battles), an announcement could be heard: 

*ATTENTION ALL IBARAKI STUDENTS: PLEASE REPORT TO THE SPORTS FIELD FOR A DEBRIEFING AND ASSURANCE OF SAFETY*

Miu heard the announcement, but it hardly even registered in her head. She was still trying to process what she had seen. All of the Espers in the area worked together to stop that evil green machine - or rather, the angry guy inside the green machine. Of course, the best part was undoubtedly when Jun shot right through the villain's sword, saving the day. 

"Ninomiya-senpai! Th-that was amazing! That guy was gonna kill all of them, but you stopped them with your ability, and, and, and... IT WAS AMAZING" She practically had stars in her eyes as she stammered on and on. Suddenly, she realized that she had not contributed to the battle at all, and stopped herself. "I... am sorry I didn't help... I am from Judgment... I should have been down there..." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hideyoshi opened his eyes, finding himself being wheeled along in a hospital gurney. "My last memory is of a high-pitched noise. The safest assumption is that this frequency ruined my calculation, which disabled my ability and my awareness therein." Looking up at the nurse pushing the gurney, he continued. "my condition has now reached optimal levels. I have sustained no injury, and simply fainted due to aforementioned frequency." Standing up off of the gurney while stopping it with his hand, he glanced at the monitoring equipment that was currently hooked up to him. Noticing the brainwave activity, which was literally off the chart, he chuckled lightly to himself. "Am I free to go?"

“Anyone care to join me for a little post-boss lunch?”

Hibari questions. In response, Kotori says, "I have no objections~ after a hard day, we should all relax until any peril that comes tomorrow~"

*ATTENTION ALL IBARAKI STUDENTS: PLEASE REPORT TO THE SPORTS FIELD FOR A DEBRIEFING AND ASSURANCE OF SAFETY*

"Oh my~ It appears that our lunch break might have to wait~" Kotori responds as her blade was withdrawn into an umbrella-shaped sheath. "Now, we wait~."

Kotori thinks for a moment, then realises something.

"I do not think I have introduced myself to you, and neither have you introduced yourselves to me~ My name, is Hattori Kotori~ I'm fifteen and a first year here~ how about you~"

Taha having fully recovered mentally from the battle with the green armored suit instinctively tried to track down the woman. Of course assuming that the woman was hiding within 100m of his location was simply foolish, but it couldn't hurt to try right? While that was processing he noticed that Hyozanryu had flown back to his side. This let Taha know that the boy genius...whoever he was must've been okay. He sublimily instructed Hyozanryu to act as an guard the boy just in case the enemy had some other nefarious plot underway.

Well that is surely inconvienent. The longer I am from the lab the increased likelihood that I cannot track down that mysterious woman. Not like it mattered though even if she could get out of the city in this short span of time she was marked by him. So no doubt the two will cross paths again. However, he wondered if there was something special about the whole assembly thing. Granted this school had just come under attack and the invader left her weapon behind. As he was contemplating about this incident he flew down to the sports field on Hyozanryu. Granted he was distracted by some of the students thanking him for his efforts in the fight against the green suit. Well they weren't thanking him for doing anything in particular as they were thanking him for being a distraction for the "Goddess".

As he waited for this assembly to begin he realized he was hearing stories about two other attacks on the campus. Wait now that I think about, there was some other announcement from one of the level 5's about some invaders. I naturally assumed she was talking about my battle, but its clear that people were being targeted. Wow who would be so bold as to attack level 5 Espers? He wondered as he took a seat.

I'll be sure to take that guy down the next time I see him. Also, I know I look weak and I sound arrogant but my ability hasn't failed me yet. Try to remember that when I'm fighting someone. Still, thanks for going out of your way to try and save me even if in the end it wasn't necessary." She genuinely smiled then.

"No problem." Hibari said with a small smile. He genuinely didn't expect a thank you, or even a smile from the someone like Nananta, but he'd be lying if he said it didnt feel good.

Hibari didn't react the announcement in the slightest, instead choosing to continue cramming massive amounts of food and water into his gullet. He only stopped when the heard the busty ice user begin to speak, and that was because someone of her... "caliber" deserved no less then his undivided attention.

"Oh my~ It appears that our lunch break might have to wait~" She chirped in her motherly voice as she placed her weapon back in its sheath. Hibari's lips curved into a smirk as he watched her every move with child like enthusiasm. Luckily this was hidden by his water bottle, and when she continued to speak he instantly brought his eyes up back to hers. "Now, we wait~."

She paused for a moment. "I do not think I have introduced myself to you, and neither have you introduced yourselves to me~ My name, is Hattori Kotori~ I'm fifteen and a first year here~ how about you~"

Hibari's eyes widened. SHE'S FIFTEEN?! The boy's mind screamed in disbelief. Taking a moment to gather himself, Hibari managed to throw on his best fake smile. "I-I'm Hibari..." A single tear of disappointment creeped it's way down his cheek as he said this. 

Ichijou smiled as the mechanized suit slowly powered down, taking it as a sign of her victory. "It would seem that by diverting so much energy to the EMP, the Suit's electromagnetic shielding was down for just long enough for you to get in there with your AI. Consider me to be impressed, <Glitch>." Stepping out of the suit, the pilot was revealed to be a man in his late thirties, sporting a full goatee and wearing a green suit. "You an I are parallels. We both fight through use of Technology. The greatest difference between us is that I create, while you repurpose. In any case, each of use is powerless without our machines, so I think it would be safe to call it a stalemate." Walking away from the dorm casually, he cocked his head in the general direction of the suit, "Consider it a parting gift." The pilot continued to walk away, disappearing into the distance.

"Hmph, what and odd man, just leaving his suit with me," Ichijou stared at the machine for a few moments, cocking her head to the side befuddled, "he's obviously underestimating me again, or else he wouldn't have left it with me." The young woman sighed pushing away from the wall grabbing a small tool box, a tool belt, and a laptop from her desk. 

Exitting her dorm the white haired girl quickly descended the steps from her second floor dorm before exiting out into the front lawn of the girls dorm where the abandoned mecha was.

"Ichijou-chan disable any fail-safe functions this suit might have, I don't need it blowing up while I'm poking and prodding at it," Ichijou said to thin air snapping her fingers. As soon as she did so though the previously offline mecha returned to an active state, while Ichijou unpacked her various tools lying them out next to the suit, waiting for her AI to disarm it.

"All fail-safe systems disabled~" came the cutesy voice of the AI over the suits PA system, unfortunately before the technopath could begin her dissection of the suit an announcement came over the school's PA system.  

"While normally, I would just ignore these types of announcements, I want to have a look at the other units... assuming there were any, though I highly doubt they would only attack one area, and especially one as unpopulous as the dorm," Ichijou sighed to herself, the young woman picked up her equipment, then she mounted one of the suits hands before ordering her AI to bring her level with the cock pit. 

After depositing her equipment within the cockpit, she decided she might enjoy taking the lovely unit out for a test drive.

"Ichijou-chan could you place me on the suit's shoulder, I'd like to ride in style today," the technopath gave a satisfied smile as the suits arm began to move up allowing her to be seated on its shoulder. "Now onward to the Sport's Field!" Ichijou cried out pointing her arm in the field's direction in a very theatrical manner. 

-------------------------------------------------

Several minutes later the students that had gathered at the Sports Field would here a large rumbling as the Yggdrasil Unit came marching towards them, a certain smug locking technopath sitting on it's shoulder, though her smirk quickly formed into a frown when she saw the current state of the other unit.

"You jackasses wrecked it!" Ichijou said with a venomous glare, "do you have any idea how much information could be gleaned out of just these units alone, not to mention the on-board computers!? Good freaking Lord Almighty, I really hope at least some of it's salvageable. Well, thanks for nothing losers." With a venomous glare the level 5 crossed her arms giving the assembled students a look as if to say 'somebody better explain themselves.'

Hibari's body instantly snapped into alert at the sight of the Yggdrasil unit, only to have his face turn into one of disgust when he saw who had been ridding it. "Oh great..." The boy grumbled to nobody in particular as "Glitch* approached. Cramming a hand full of potato chips into his mouth, he felt a wave of satisfaction wash over him as he watched the level 5's reaction to the state of the Yggdrasil unit that had attacked them only a few minutes earlier, or what was left of it anyway.

"You jackasses wrecked it!" She spoke as she flashed a venomous glare. This of course caused Hibari to snicker as he took a moment to get a good look at their handy work; parts of the mech were EVERYWHERE, and it would definitely take the snobbish little imp a few days to gather everything.

"Do you Blahblahblahblah alone, not to mention Blahblah computers!?" She ranted on about her being alone forever, then something about computers (of course). As the girl continued, Hibari took a moment to finish his snack as well as readjust his bandana. "Blahblahblahblahblah,Thanks."

When Ichijo had finally finished Hibari was the first to respond. Raising his hand as if he were a student in a classroom, the boy flashed a cocky grin before shouting: "We couldn't find the off button, so we improvised..."

Megumi opened her eye after hearing that, she was lying on the ground in the hallway next to the empty suit. The area was kind of empty as all other students already headed to sport field and the teachers are nowhere to be found. Sitting next to her was Kokone whose eyes still glowed in pink. After recalling what's happened and seeing that, Megumi suddenly pushed her body up.

"You used your power!? And I kept telling... Jeez, fine, what's about my current AIM condition? Am I fully recovered?"

She shouted, before softening her voice as she saw Kokone's tired face. The latter just nodded and smiled, probably too exhausted to speak. Megumi knew the downside of her friend's power, so she walked to the stairs, and

"Alright, I'll head to the field now, follow me when you can walk."

Said that with a sympathetic voice before leaving her friend sitting behind alone with an empty suit, which was still in perfect condition...

When Megumi reached the field, another suit could be seen and a girl who seemed to be a student and the one who managed to takeover it was also presenting there. She was looking at the group of student with a sight that could kill people. As one of the student raised his hand and said something about button to the girl, Megumi walked to join the group and confusingly asked the girl on the suit.

"Excuse me, but what's going on here?"

Taha turned his head back as he noticed there was some drama going on in the back where one of the other battlefields. While the volume was quite loud he was still to far to actually hear what was going on. But from the looks of it one female was yelling at people who managed to destroy the other battle suit. Taha tilted his head because he was more amazed at the fact that the group was able to actually engage that machine. The level 5 Esper that he was with was able to make the pilot surrender and this group was able to actually over come the anti-Esper defenses and actually destroy the machine. 

We sure are interesting creatures. He said as he looked up in the air. Floating 100m in the air was the hoard of nanobots scattered about in the clouds like a literal silver lining. This was as far as he could send them while still being in control of them. Nevertheless he began to wonder why would the assailants leave their weapons. Rumors had spread in the crowd that the Level 5 Esper known as <Glitch> had defeated suit by herself and that the invader left the suit in her room. Taha realized that this must have been part of some greater plan. However Taha felt a little bit at ease. With the level 5's being targeted this should give him a little time to rest though maybe this will actually require some kind of task force...or something on that line. This looked like it was going to be far more work than he had initially hoped to do during this school year. 

11:37 AM, IBARAKI SPORTS FIELD

As the students gathered from various directions - most from hiding, though some had chosen to stand against the attackers - a group formed in the field, with <Glitch>, the destroyed suit, and the near entirety of those who fought it at the epicenter. As those assembled wondered exactly what had happened in the past hour and a half, a loud, yet still muffled sounding, bumping noise could be heard from the field's loudspeakers. "Testing, testing, one, two, three? Is this thing on?" After a a loud screech of feedback, the voice continued, "Well, then. I am going to assume that it is on." The crowd parted as an older man, appearing to be in his late 60s, approach the center. His hair was gray and combed back, and he wore a well-fitting, dark brown business suit. "If you are not already familiar with me, my name is Fujimoto, and I am the current chairman of the Ibaraki administration board. I am sure that you are wondering what is going on, what could have happened. Although I cannot divulge all details regarding the recent matter, due to security purposes, I am able to inform all of you of this:" He paused before continuing, almost as if he was waiting for gasps of excitement. 

"At approximately 10:15, AM, four nearly simultaneous attacks occurred, located in this field, the nearest building, the girl's dormitory, and the common cafeteria, toward the East. Each of these suits was detected entering the premises, though due to some form of unknown interruption in the school's surveillance and speaker system, none of the actual attacks have been recorded, aside from the very beginnings of each. Based on the location of the suits, it can be assumed that they were here to engage the 4 Level 5 espers currently enrolled: Tsuchiya, Azuna, Suzuran, and Hattori. The suit that was encountered here, in this field, was destroyed, while those in the nearest building and girls' dorms were abandoned. The suit that entered the cafeteria is currently unaccounted for, as well as Azuna. Reports compiled so far dictate that a warning was received through use of Azuna's Psyche Roam ability, so, although no remaining surveillance footage depicts her being attacked, it is safe to assume that she encountered the fourth suit." As he finished, the man wore a bitter expression, but quickly shook it off. "That is all we can tell you, currently."

Walking away from the group in the field through the gap he created, Fujimoto handed the microphone he had been carrying to a younger instructor wearing glasses, the same one that had been previously administering system scans. "As a further announcement to all students, it is imperative that you do not take matters into your own hands. Despite the recent chaos, Ibaraki has the situation under control, and further intervention by students would only serve to complicate the matter. School has been canceled for the rest of today, though if any student holds any information regarding these attacks, please share it with a staff member at the office before leaving. Furthermore, each student involved is to report to Room 217, in the west wing, tomorrow morning at 7:00 AM for the exchange of further information."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Himura unlocked the door of her apartment, stepping inside with a sigh. Locking the door behind, she stepped into the adjacent washroom, looking at her own reflection. Seeing that her scarlet hair had become a mess in the windy walk home, she pulled it back, using a hairclip from her counter to bind it into a long ponytail. Splashing water on her face, she checked for any cuts or bruises. Unbeknownst to her, her body was adorned with thousands upon thousands of microscopic machines, far too small for her to notice with the naked eye. "Today wasn't a very good day, was it..."

Taha only raised an eyebrow at the announcement that was given. How...surface? He pondered. He didn't think that this safety call would warrant such a lack of detail. But what was more disturbing was the news that there were actually 4 attacks and not 3. Based on the report though it seems as if one of the suits manage to actually capture its target. Taha's previous relaxed demeanor had now been replaced with one of worry. If they managed to extract data from a Level 5 then there definitely won't be any safe place for any other Esper.  Once the second person started Taha made sure to make a mental note to go to this office building and discuss his possible tracer on his opponent. Granted he was feeling back to 100% but he definitely couldn't sense in distant clusters of his machinery within 100m. The only thing to do now was hope that she would somehow retreat to living in the city.

Hmm I guess I should get going to this office and report what I have learned before I make it back to the lab and proceed to track her. Taha stroked his chin because this now became a question of priorities. What was more important tracking the woman or informing others about what you could do? On one hand it would probably be better to track the woman down and then bring that news to the authorities. On the other hand this woman was so well prepared for level 5 Espers that she could have found a way to debug herself upon exiting the school. Of course the likelihood of that happening was very slim. Even is she noticed that she was bugged the task of removing every single nanobots is like removing every single tiny grain a sand from your person after you've been in a sand storm. Well like that but on a microscopic scale. Taha decided to go with the latter. Not because he didn't trust his bugs, but mainly he had more faith that those who worked for the school may have more impressive ways to use his information. They may be able to track her quicker than he would have been able to. Finally, getting permission to use one of the schools super computer with his Research Intern status is always such a hassle. 

With quickness Hyozanryu came and swept Taha off his feet and he immediately flew towards this office building so he would get a feel for the place. Of course at this moment he just realized that he had to wait till tomorrow morning to make a report. Well I guess this means that option 1 is the way it is going to be then. Aww this is going to be such a hassle. Minutes later Hyozanryu landed Taha outside one of the massive buildings on campus. With a heavy sigh Taha walked in and after a couple of seconds of slow trudging and with that he was in the massive lab that was his job. From behind him Taha felt a hand land on his shoulder. As the shiver ran down his spine he knew it was the one and only Dr. Kyoji Kagami. Taha's left eye twitched and he turned his head to look at his boss. 

Dr. K smiled like the Cheshire Cat. I see you've been busy this morning haven't you? We're be busy collecting your little offspring out of the air as we speak. You were watching through Hyozanryu again weren't you? Of course we have to monitor your vitals when you're in danger. Because we care...or something like that. Can you at least pretend to show some signs of compassion. Oh come on you know we care. But that's besides the point, recorded footage of a level 5 Esper in combat. Do you know how rare that is? All the footage of them is usually locked away and sealed and to think you actually fought side by side. Taha just rolled his eyes as his boss/mentor was pretty much fapping at this turn of events. Excuse I have to get started on the paperwork so I can hopefully have access to the "Archive" before I grow old. 

Dr. K's tone went from playful to serious. Don't worry just go on ahead. Taha turned around concerned as this had never happened before. Weren't you listening? I said footage on level 5 Espers are typically sealed and locked away. You just survived an encounter where the enemy was specially equipped to take out high level Espers and it seems like they captured one. As a member of the faculty I cannot just sit by and let this crime go unpunished. We will find these culprits...and make them suffer. This was new to say the least, but Taha went forth into what was "the Archive."

In truth "the Archive" was just the fancy name for the data center that was for that building. As a technopath he is rarely allowed in the place hence the paperwork nevertheless this was a special case. Once inside Taha took a deep breath and simply touched the wall. From that point he went into a trance like state and his mind was rapidly downloading information. Granted he was a level 2 Esper so he can store information for only a short moment of time and he will subconsciously forget it seconds later. The important part was that his connection to the massive data center  upgraded his connection to Hyozanryu by leaps and bounds. Hyozanryu broken down into a swarm of nanobots and throughout the vents till it was outside. He reformed in the skies and looked around. The dragon looked around at everything as it activated the dormant nanites scattered on the woman. Once active they didn't move but they started to emit a signal. 

Taha even though his eyes were complete white looked up. I think I got her.

Nanata ignored the brief announcement seeming how she was already there.

"I do not think I have introduced myself to you, and neither have you introduced yourselves to me~ My name, is Hattori Kotori~ I'm fifteen and a first year here~ how about you~"

Nanata raised an eyebrow. "Fifteen, how is that even possible. She looks to be in her late twenties." She gave a short reply saying roughly the same thing she had said to Hibari and the others.

------------------

Another Mecha along side a girl came walking up to them and started berating them for destroying the other one. Nanata didn't care to argue with this but made a note to clock her later.

More people arrived and soon the debriefing began.

"At approximately 10:15, AM, four nearly simultaneous attacks occurred, located in this field, the nearest building, the girl's dormitory, and the common cafeteria, toward the East. Each of these suits was detected entering the premises, though due to some form of unknown interruption in the school's surveillance and speaker system, none of the actual attacks have been recorded, aside from the very beginnings of each. Based on the location of the suits, it can be assumed that they were here to engage the 4 Level 5 espers currently enrolled: Tsuchiya, Azuna, Suzuran, and Hattori. The suit that was encountered here, in this field, was destroyed, while those in the nearest building and girls' dorms were abandoned. The suit that entered the cafeteria is currently unaccounted for, as well as Azuna. Reports compiled so far dictate that a warning was received through use of Azuna's Psyche Roam ability, so, although no remaining surveillance footage depicts her being attacked, it is safe to assume that she encountered the fourth suit." As he finished, the man wore a bitter expression, but quickly shook it off. "That is all we can tell you, currently."

Walking away from the group in the field through the gap he created, Fujimoto handed the microphone he had been carrying to a younger instructor wearing glasses, the same one that had been previously administering system scans. "As a further announcement to all students, it is imperative that you do not take matters into your own hands. Despite the recent chaos, Ibaraki has the situation under control, and further intervention by students would only serve to complicate the matter. School has been canceled for the rest of today, though if any student holds any information regarding these attacks, please share it with a staff member at the office before leaving. Furthermore, each student involved is to report to Room 217, in the west wing, tomorrow morning at 7:00 AM for the exchange of further information."

Nanata didn't care all that much till the mention of the names for the levels 5 that were attacked. Seems the busty ice lady was one. Well, looks like she was going to wanna fight her after all. She grinned at the thought and wondered if even absolute zero would stop her. That thought aside, she did start thinking about the attack. While justice wasn't much her thing, revenge was. Even if they put a stipulation on not interfering she was going to do so anyways.

Anyways, school was over for the rest of the day and it seemed she'd have to report to room 217 tomorrow for a brief discussion., Nanata didn't feel like staying so she went to get her stuff and go home. She gave a quick wave as she walked away, a tad to tired to say much else. Later that night she have a dream about the events that just transpired and how her ability had acted.

"Thanks for your cooperation."

The teacher's voice could be heard when Megumi and Kokone stepped out from Room 217. Megumi sighed, after a long conversation, she learned nothing about the attacker's background, how could they targeted Level 5s for attacks or what's their goal behind that. Furthermore, it's terrible to know that the enemy had seized victory against Ego and now that's her fate was unknown.

They walked to the exit, Megumi frowned and sighed again as she met... probably the millionth student today who approached her, saying they saw her fought and that it was awesome, etc, etc. Was it that awesome? She didn't even use like... 10% of her power before she got taking down, and that's not different from losing in her opinion. Kokone who saw that face and know its meaning suddenly said

"It was really impressive you know, active grenades were used, and yet no casualties..."

Megumi smiled and paused her friend.

"Don't worry, I'm always fine, thanks. Also could you walked here? I'm tired with these fanservice."

As Kokone stood next to her, Megumi altered the air around them. The next minute, both of them could be seen flying, or rather sitting on the seats made of air which headed to their dorms.

"Are you sur..."

"I've said it a million time, right? I never used this without altering the refractive index first, so no one below could see... huh, isn't that the dragon of that Nanobots guy? what's it doing there?"

Megumi asked herself as she saw Hyozanryu formed itself in the sky at a distance.

Ending theme

Hibari clenched his fists. A-Akemi-chan was captured? He couldn’t help but feel guilty for not even thinking about her after he had completed his own battle… of course the pilots were after the level 5s, he was just an idiot for not seeing it sooner.

As the rest of the students began to clear the field, he was left among those who had chose to linger and discuss everything that had just happened. Watching as Nanata took her leave, Hibari could only nod at her before turning to the others who had participated in the battle. “I guess I’ll see you tomorrow.” The boy’s tone was gloomy, and void of any traces of his usually cheekiness.

Taking one final look at the spot that the mecha’s pilot had been standing before he vanished, Hibari spit before peering off into the distance. He had the other boy’s face committed to memory, and from what he said before he left; the two would defiantly meet again.

“He was right… this ISN’T over.” He snarled.

Before anyone could respond, the Hibari vanished in his trademark flash.

-----------------------------------------------

“DAMMIT!” Hikaro roared as he slammed his fist into the wall, denting it. “THOSE BASTARDS! I WOULD HAVE HAD THEM IF IT WASN’T FOR THAT WORTHLESS PIECE OF METAL” His voice carried down the dark hallway, disturbing what would normal have been complete silence.

The guards around him trembled slightly as the boy turned his gaze towards them. This was the fifth time they were forced to stop to watch him pound the wall, and they both new it would only be so long before he decided to move on to something more… fleshy.

“W-We mustn’t keep your mother waiting any longer, Hikaro-sama…” The more experienced of the two guards mumbled.

“…”

That was all it took cause boy’s entire demeanor to suddenly shift; the mere mention of his mother was enough to wash away any rage he had been seething with. “You’re correct, mother does hate tardiness.” His tone was now calm and collect as boy began briskly walking down hallway, leaving the other guard completely baffled.

"What the..." The younger guard began.

"I'll explain later." The veteran said with a sigh of relief.

“Keep up, boys!" Hikaro's voice called down the hall; though the guards couldn't see it, he was smiling. "I suppose 1 out of 4 isn't too bad... Now we wait for them to take the bait."

"Damn dirty lab rats..."

End of episode 1

--------------------------------------------------------

Episode 2

Hibari sighed as he starred out the window. Apparently even with his grand total of 4 hours of sleep, he had still managed to somehow arrive at the designated meeting spot earlier then all the others, including whatever instructor was supposed to be in charge of this meeting. Of course this was more or less his fault for using his ability to enter instead of the door...

Propped up on the windowsill in his usual lazy manner, he awaited the first- well second arrival. "Why do I get the feeling this is gonna be a long day?"

Archived