Your YCM Name Contest [Finished]

Duel Emperor

WRjP8Fx.jpg

You can special summon this card from your hand or graveyard by banishing 1 LIGHT, 1 DARK and 1 other monster with a different attribute.While this card is face-up on the field this card is treated is treated as a LIGHT Fairy-type monster in addition to its other types. While this card is face-up on the field, the field is treated as "Planes Of Oblivion" and negate the effects of all other face-up cards on the field except trap cards.You cannot special summon monsters.

Can be killed by traps and its cost is fair for what it does, also i used something that isnt used much, a monster that makes its own field spell.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In.

Because I can't find the art

Ultimate Bond - Lerapelio
Normal Spell
Banish 1 "Spirit Beast Tamer Lera" and 1 "Noble Spirit Beast Apelio" from your hand, Deck or Graveyard to Special Summon 1 "Sacred Spirit Beast Mount Apelio" from your Extra Deck, ignoring its Summoning conditions. You can only use 1 "Ultimate Bond - Lerapelio" per turn. You cannot Special Summon non-"Spirit Beast" monsters during the turn you activate this card.

I too shall enter. 

Points have been donated. 

[spoiler: The Card]

rk5pLmc.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler: Lore]

2 Level 9 Monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a Rank 7 or 8 Xyz Monster you control as the Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card.) You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; negate the effects of all face-up non-EARTH monsters your opponent currently controls, until the end of the turn. [/spoiler]

Accepted, also the 4th place prize is enabled.

kk can i join :3 

[spoiler='Card']Zmg6qnn.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Lore ']Once per turn, you can flip 4 coins, Before you flip the coins declare a result, your opponent will be the opposite result then you and your opponent then pick one of the following effects:
● Gain life points equal to the amount of assigned result(s) x1000
● Target one face up monster, it gains attack equal to the amount of assigned result(s) x500
● For every 2 heads you can special summon 1 level 4 or lower monster from your hand
● Your opponent loses life points equal to the amount of assigned result(s) x1000
● You draw a card equal to the amount of assigned result(s) x1[/spoiler]

not to sure on the ocg of the card tho :/ but will donate the points

kk can i join :3 

[spoiler='Card']Zmg6qnn.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Lore ']Once per turn, you can flip 4 coins, Before you flip the coins declare a result, your opponent will be the opposite result then you and your opponent then pick one of the following effects:
● Gain life points equal to the amount of assigned result(s) x1000
● Target one face up monster, it gains attack equal to the amount of assigned result(s) x500
● For every 2 heads you can special summon 1 level 4 or lower monster from your hand
● Your opponent loses life points equal to the amount of assigned result(s) x1000
● You draw a card equal to the amount of assigned result(s) x1[/spoiler]

not to sure on the ocg of the card tho :/ but will donate the points

Accepted.

Here is my entry. 

5LHKQ15.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']Equip only to a Normal Monster you control. The equipped monster gains 100 ATK for each Normal Monster in your Graveyard and is unaffected by your opponent's card effects. If you control an effect monster, destroy this card. During your Draw Phase, if this card is in your Graveyard, instead of conducting your normal draw: You can add this card from your Graveyard to your hand. You can only control 1 face-up "Strength of Nobility".[/spoiler]

The first reaction I expect to get from this at first glance is: "Unaffected by all your opponent's effects? That's a bit potent."
But, let me explain. Normal Monsters, for a long time, have been at a major disadvantage, especially with the rising power of the current meta with their effect removal. In an attempt to counter that, I created Strength of Nobility in order to make the Normal Monsters a reliable monster and at the same time enhancing what normal monsters are good at: brute strength.

Of course, the card would most likely be removed in no time, but I also made an option so you can re-use it over and over again, covering a huge weakness of Normal Monster-centric decks.

Also, in terms of functionality and fluency, I believe it is worth noting that the equipped monster is only unaffected by the opponent's card effects, meaning that the monster can still be buffed by your Pendulum Monsters in the Pendulum Zone and are still affected by your cards such as Torrential Tribute, Dark Hole, etc.

[spoiler='Flavor of Raw Power']This card depicts the strength of the most Noble and "pure" of all monsters; monsters that were there since the beginning: Normal Monsters. The strength they gain from their noble blood is displayed with the 100x ATK gain.

The valor and courage their ancestors had gives them the devotion to keep attacking, which is why they are unaffected by the opponent's card effects. Monsters with no fear, because nobles should not fear anything that is below them.

If something impure lurks with the nobility, it becomes apparent that their strength dwindles, explaining why this card self-destructs when the controller controls an effect monster.

The recurring effect of returning alludes to occasional illegitimate heirs being born.

The picture is a picture of a gilded, classical knight killing a dragon by using brute force, similar to how Normal Monsters destroy with raw power.
[/spoiler]

Here is my entry:

[spoiler='Reborn Summoner - René']2d94lk6.jpg

Pendulum Effect: Once per turn, when a Level 4 or lower monster you control is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard: You can add that card to your hand.

Monster Effect: When this card is Pendulum Summoned, target 1 Level 4 or lower monster in your graveyard: Add that card to your hand. You can only activate this effect of “Reborn Summoner - René” once per turn.[/spoiler]

René, funny enough, means "Reborn" in French. So, as such, this card acts as a pseudo rebirth process, adding cards to hand.

Also, this card went through 3 different versions and 2 rewrites just to make it not broken. The very first was a reborn treefrog or a Shaddoll Toolbox.

Sorry for late submitting due to the lack of decent pic, now I have.

[spoiler='Entry']

PUNOc2R.jpg

Activate this card by targeting 1 face-up monster you control. You cannot Summon monsters for the rest of this turn. Once per turn, during your opponent's turn, if you would take damage: Reduce that damage to 0. When a monster with the same name as the targeted monster is Summoned: You can send this face-up card to the Graveyard. If this face-up card is sent to the Graveyard by its own effect or by your opponent's card effect: You can draw 2 cards. You can only activate 1 "The Promise with Noel - Wish" per turn.

[/spoiler]

Here is my entry:

[spoiler='Reborn Summoner - René']2d94lk6.jpg

Pendulum Effect: Once per turn, when a Level 4 or lower monster you control is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard: You can add that card to your hand.

Monster Effect: When this card is Pendulum Summoned, target 1 Level 4 or lower monster in your graveyard: Add that card to your hand. You can only activate this effect of “Reborn Summoner - René” once per turn.[/spoiler]

René, funny enough, means "Reborn" in French. So, as such, this card acts as a pseudo rebirth process, adding cards to hand.

Also, this card went through 3 different versions and 2 rewrites just to make it not broken. The very first was a reborn treefrog or a Shaddoll Toolbox.

Accepted.

Here ya go!!! <3 :D

[Spoiler=Entry]

HY3e37a.jpg

Lore: When you take battle damage, draw 1 card + 1 x every "Kuriboh" monster in your graveyard. If you draw a card due to this cards effect: Excavate 1 "Kuriboh" monster from your Deck, place the excavated monster on top of your Deck.

[/Spoiler]

LKt90vV.jpg

Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must first by Special Summoned (from your hand) by tributing one monster your opponent controls. This card cannot attack directly. This card must attack if able. Every time this card attacks, it loses 1000 ATK at the end of the Damage Step. This card's ATK may not be increased in any way. This card may not be used to Special Summon any monster. This card may not be removed from the field by the effect of a card you control.

I'm going to donate twice what an entry from me would be worth (60 points), and I would love if someone took and entered my name for this contest.

For scope, "Draconus" is half Latin, half Greek, and primarily translates to "Dragon Lord".

Accepted, waiting for your card.

LKt90vV.jpg

Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must first by Special Summoned (from your hand) by tributing one monster your opponent controls. This card cannot attack directly. This card must attack if able. Every time this card attacks, it loses 1000 ATK at the end of the Damage Step. This card's ATK may not be increased in any way. This card may not be used to Special Summon any monster. This card may not be removed from the field by the effect of a card you control.

You have to send the points.

Also, deadline reached. The judging will be done after Draconus297 submitted his card.

Oh crap, Emperor thought I was entering. I just said that someone could use my donation as an entry fee, and I'd like if they used my name if they did.

Emperor, I am not entering, you can start the contest.

With this, I think I'm going to post the result

[spoiler=Result]
[spoiler="Ara Asura"]
[spoiler="Ara Haan"]
Balance: 31
Playability: 28
Creativity: 14
Theme: 10
Total: 83
[/spoiler]
[spoiler="Ara Little Specter"]
Balance: 33
Playability: 20
Creativity: 12
Total: 75
[/spoiler]
[spoiler="Ara Asura"]
Playability: 25
Creativity: 11
Total: 79
[/spoiler]
Total: 79
[/spoiler]
[spoiler="Akari Mizunashi"]
Balance: 39
Playability: 30
Creativity: 20
Total: 99 [The 1st place!]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler="Giga"]
Balance: 30
Total: 90 [The 3rd place]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler="Blue Amoonguss"]
Balance: 20
Playability: 29
Creativity: 16
Total: 75
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Rera]
Creativity: 10 (Too unoriginal.)
Total: 89 [The 4th place]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=BailasGale]
Balance: 28
Creativity: 15
Total: 81
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=KingOfOblivion]
Balance: 10 (Negate everything is really powerful effect. You can use this with Tyrant's Temper and just win that game)
Playability: 26
Total: 60
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=WolvenDoom]
Balance: 24
Playability: 20
Creativity: 17
Total: 71
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Nobility]
Playability: 27
Creativity: 18
Total: 88
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Ein Sof]
Balance: 40
Playability: 5 (Do I have to explain?)
Creativity: 5
Total: 60
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=ReneTCG]
Balance: 34
Playability: 27
Total: 85
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=-Noel-]
Playability: 26
Total: 95 [The 2nd place]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler="MY HAIR" S NOT A KURIBOH']
Balance: 25
Total: 77
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=thegreatmightypoo]
Balance: 5 (Tribute opponent monster to get a 4000 beater. What is this I don't even...)
Playability: 29
Creativity: 15
Total: 59

[/spoiler]

The standings are as follows.

1st - Akari Mizunashi - 99

2nd - -Noel- - 95

3rd - Giga - 90

4th - Rera - 89

[/spoiler]

I'll leave this thread open for questions for a day or so before distributing the points.

Archived