Your YCM Name Contest [Finished]

Duel Emperor

Just saw something like this in finished contest and I think it was a good idea, so why not.

Requirement

Make a card that contains your current YCM display name as its name.

Deadline

October 25, 2014 (I won't fix the time, as I'm pretty sure the result won't be posted immediately anyway, just submit your entry before said date.

Deadline passed.

[spoiler='Rules']

1. Name of the card must contain your current YCM display name, or at least a part of it. Anything else will not be accepted.

2. Entries must be your own. If you are caught using someone else's entry, you'll be DQed (and possibly warned for ripping). If your card is being used w/out permission, please PM me with proof.

3. Post your card lore underneath the card. It makes it easier for the judges & myself to read the effects, correct OCG and show any such corrections if you request us to do so.

(Just copy/paste the card lore from the generator, and you will not need to manually type it a second time).

4. Written Cards are allowed. I know it's difficult to find suitable pictures at times, so that's why I don't grade on them.

If you enter a Written Card, it has to be text; no using the cardmaker to post a picture-less card.

5. Check over your card before submitting it (OCG/grammar, card stats/effect).

While I will allow you to fix minor details before the deadline, you should've already designed it as a final product. If you make any edits, you need to notify me (either in the thread or a PM). Minor details mean fixing OCG/spelling errors and small aesthetic changes.

You may not completely change your entry.

6. Entries must be new.

7. Use card types, Attributes, ATK/DEF that exist in the actual TCG/OCG. Fake Types/Attributes/stats are not allowed.

There shouldn't be much reason to deviate from the 23 legal Types in the game; cards should fit into one of them.

8. Entries are expected to have some degree of effort put into designing them. Blatantly OPed cards and/or ones that lack any noticeable effort will not be accepted.

9. If you make cards outside of the YCM generator (Yugico, MSE, self template, w/e), make sure that you are able to link to them on the front page. It's advisable you make the card here since it's easier to post your card.

In the case of Pendulums, use Tinypic or w/e image host you use to upload the cards. DO NOT use attachments. If YCM's generator is broken and will not generate IMG codes, just use another image host.

10. Unless you plan to enter / help with the judging or ask about contest-related things, please don't post in this thread.

11. Regular YCM Rules apply.

12. Submit your entries in the thread. Makes it easier for myself and other judges to read/judge your stuff.

[/spoiler]

Entry Fee

I also wanted this to be free, but due to my lack of points and for the sake of pot, I'll request [your level (your number of stars) x 10] points as a minimum entry fee (donations are welcome).

Pot: 1258

[spoiler='Participants']

1. Góóse

2. -Noel-

3. Blue Amoonguss

4. KingOfOblivion

5. Kinuhata Saiai

6. Akari Mizunashi

7. Ara Asura

8. Nobility

9. Lera

10. BailasGale

11. WolvenDoom

12. RenèTCG

13. MY HAIR'S NOT A KURIBOH!!!

14. thegreatmightypoo

[/spoiler]

Judges

1. Me

I'll accept 1-2 members who wish to judge.

Grading

Duel Emperor [100]

Balance: 40

Playability: 30

Creativity: 20

Theme: 10

Prizes

1st Place: 40% of the pot
2nd Place: 30%
3rd Place: 20%
4th Place (if 10 or more contestants): 10%

P.S. thanks for the OP template, Sakura.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it okay to post multiply cards as my name sake is the final stage in a job path from a game so I was wondering if I could post the cards leading up to it as they are needed for summoning

Alright. Multiple cards' score will be calculated and summed in average of all of your cards.

Sign me up, as well. This ought to be ultra-fun.

Accepted, will add your name to the list once you send the point.

Entering.

Current name? PC allowed? Sweet, sign me up.

I'm in.

All accepted, and -Noel-, thanks for the huge donation :lol:

Entries:

[spoiler=Ara Haan]dJ8Ta59.jpg

Once per turn, you can destroy two monsters your opponetn control with ATK equal to or less than this cards ATK. Once per turn, you can target one monster your opponet controls, destroy it; and if you do Increase this cards ATK by 500 and place one Spirit counter on this card. You can only activate 1 effect of "Ara Hann" once per turn and only once that turn. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate an effect of "Ara Haan".[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Ara Little Specter]http://i.imgur.com/lTLLsVD.jpg

This card cannot be Normal Summoned/Set and can only be Special Summoned by tributing 1 "Ara Haan" you control. Once per turn, you can target 1 monster your opponet controls and destroy it. Once per turn, you can place 1 Spirit Bead counter on this card. You can remove any number of Spirit Bead counters to increase this cards ATK by 100 for each Spirit Bead counter removed.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Ara Asura]Cuw5seH.jpg
This card cannot be Normal Summoned/Set and can only be Special Summoned by tributing 1 "Ara Haan" you control. Once per turn, you can target 1 monster your opponet controls and destroy it. This card can attack all monsters your opponent controls once each.[/spoiler]

Ok...... So i only have to make 1 card?

if i only have to make 1 ill enter cus i dont fancy making tonnes right now xD

If it is just 1 just enter me right away ^^

I already donated the points to you.

Accepted.

Entries:

[spoiler=Ara Haan]dJ8Ta59.jpg

Once per turn, you can destroy two monsters your opponetn control with ATK equal to or less than this cards ATK. Once per turn, you can target one monster your opponet controls, destroy it; and if you do Increase this cards ATK by 500 and place one Spirit counter on this card. You can only activate 1 effect of "Ara Hann" once per turn and only once that turn. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate an effect of "Ara Haan".[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Ara Little Specter]http://i.imgur.com/lTLLsVD.jpg

This card cannot be Normal Summoned/Set and can only be Special Summoned by tributing 1 "Ara Haan" you control. Once per turn, you can target 1 monster your opponet controls and destroy it. Once per turn, you can place 1 Spirit Bead counter on this card. You can remove any number of Spirit Bead counters to increase this cards ATK by 100 for each Spirit Bead counter removed.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Ara Asura]Cuw5seH.jpg
This card cannot be Normal Summoned/Set and can only be Special Summoned by tributing 1 "Ara Haan" you control. Once per turn, you can target 1 monster your opponet controls and destroy it. This card can attack all monsters your opponent controls once each.[/spoiler]

Accepted, will add your name to the list once you send the point.

1si8cpd.png

During the turn this card was Summoned, it cannot be destroyed by battle. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this face-up card battled a monster(s): You can take control of that monster(s), but it cannot attack. This effect cannot be activated if you control another Special Summoned monster.

Homage to the fact that Akari manages to make friends with anyone. It's a powerful tech in this format dominated by floaters, but can't be spammed or abused.

RrfxmFI.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

This card can attack while it is in Defense Position. If this card attacks while in Defense Position, apply the ATK of this card for damage calculation. This Synchro Summoned monster is unaffected by Spell/Trap effects and activated effects of monsters whose original ATK are lower than this card's DEF. Once per turn, you can switch the ATK and DEF of this card, until the end of this turn. If you activate this effect, your opponent takes no battle damage for the rest of this turn.

This chick is ultra-indestructible. Of course, as shown in the gif I currently have in my sig, she can also hit ultra-hard. The issue is that when she focuses her Offense Armor around her fist to attack with, she is left ultra-vulnerable to intervention from others (i.e. monster effects). Her typing as a Psychic is due to the fact that she gains her strength through an Esper ability, which ultra-protects her with a shield of Nitrogen gas (hence the WIND attribute).

May not win, considering Aix's home run right above me, but this was ultra-fun to design. Bet you could never guess the rarity.

In.

Because I can't find the art

Ultimate Bond - Lerapelio
Normal Spell
Banish 1 "Spirit Beast Tamer Lera" and 1 "Noble Spirit Beast Apelio" from your hand, Deck or Graveyard to Special Summon 1 "Sacred Spirit Beast Mount Apelio" from your Extra Deck, ignoring its Summoning conditions. You can only use 1 "Ultimate Bond - Lerapelio" per turn. You cannot Special Summon non-"Spirit Beast" monsters during the turn you activate this card.

I too shall enter. 

Points have been donated. 

[spoiler: The Card]

rk5pLmc.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler: Lore]

2 Level 9 Monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a Rank 7 or 8 Xyz Monster you control as the Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card.) You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; negate the effects of all face-up non-EARTH monsters your opponent currently controls, until the end of the turn. [/spoiler]

Archived