[Finished][Archetype Contest]

Aix

Just a question, assuming I did manage to make it into the final ones to be judged, would you be willing to except an Archetype that makes use of the DIVINE Attribute (especially due to the archetype being based off a game that has 7 Elements and Yugioh technically has 7 Attributes...)?

Also, posting this for now, will edit when I get back. The art is official art from a game that was made in the 1990s, a simple game called NetMonster. Once I get access to the computer that will let me make a better version of the official art, the image will be replaced. I'm just not taking the chance of making the art even more...outdated.

DocBoo_zps2098ab42.jpeg

Effect: You can only control 1 "Doc Boo, the NetMonster Medic". Once per either player's turn, you can target 1 "NetMonster" monster in your Graveyard, and apply the appropriate effect:
~ During your opponent's turn, add the targeted card to your hand.
~ During your turn, Special Summon that target from your Graveyard. You cannot declare an attack during the turn you activated this effect.

(I haven't updated the card yet to match the written text yet...primarily because I'm about to pass out as I'm typing this. It will be fixed after I snooze. The ~ will also represent the bullet points on the card as well.)

Explanation: In the game NetMonster, which could be considered a simplified and altered combination between Pokemon and Digimon, Doc Boo is a Phantom Ghost (DARK/Zombie in this game) who has somehow acquired a way to heal other NetMonsters that have worn themselves out in combat (the two differing revival effects). Returning a NetMonster to your hand during your opponent's turn gives them time to recover after healing, while summoning them during your time catches them while the summoned are still drained and unable to fight. About the DEF being 0...EVERY Ghost NetMonster has a grand total 0 Defense...that seems to be a species trait there.

Ah what the hell, I'm in, hope it's not too late.

8l1dbeH.jpg

Increase the ATK of all "Implin" monsters by 1500 points. When your opponent Summons a monster, you may Special Summon 1 100 ATK "Implin" monster from your deck or hand. If this card would be destroyed, you may destroy one "Implin" monster you control instead.

This archetype focuses on swarming the field with super powered up 100 ATK level 1 fiend-type monsters. They all have effects that power each other up the more monsters they have on the field. The goal is to get 5 monstres on the field and Xyz summon the Boss monster, which also gets more powerful the more monsters you have on the field, but is still extremely powerful on it's own.

Damn, I just realized i missed the deadline. Oh well, hopefully I'll be let in, but I'll understand if I don't.

Guys, I don't want archetypal cards here in the prelims, because it wouldn't be right to judge them without seeing their interactions with the rest of the archetype for myself.

DIVINE is allowed in this contest, but typically, you should be able to just use one of the 6 normal Attributes.

Hopefully this gets answered in time, and sorry if I missed it but.

What is the judging criteria for the preliminary? 

You just want a "random single" to check our ocg, creative abilities, and other things but not what our archetype is going to be centered around?

Alright here it is. Based on Iceborn Gauntlet, the League item.

EdYruu3.jpg

1 WATER Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
This card may attack from defense position. If this card successfully destroys an opponents monster, the next monster you control that attacks gains 500 ATK for that attack only. When this card is attacked while it is in defense position, decrease the attack of the attacking monster by 600 points.

IgjIlof.jpg
When this card in your possession is destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle or by card effect) and sent to your Graveyard: Banish it. Once per turn: You can banish 1 "Doff" card from your hand; add 1 "Doff" monster from your Deck to your hand, then you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or Rock-Type monster from your hand. Its effects are negated.

If we have to do a true single, I might as well knock some dust off a card I made during the first time I came to YCM.

TravelingBouquetPixie_zps4d9bde53.png

Effect: This monster may attack your opponent directly. If this card would be removed from the field by the effect of a Spell Card, banish it instead. If banished by its own effect, Special Summon this card during your next Standby Phase.

Explanation: Just a tiny little pixie at home among the many flowers of its home. It packs but a tiny bite, but it's hard to see it coming until too late. The disappearing and reappearing act via Spell Cards could be a mirror of teleportation, and it was originally designed to work with cards that give you benefits for banishing your own cards. (Could possibly sneak itself into a Spirit Beast deck...)

So the people who make it in are:

• UnendingEmpire
  • BailasGale
  • Ein Sof
  • Noel
  • Lera

If you want feedback on why you didn't make it, I suppose you can ask and I can tell you.

The deadline for submitting archetypes will be November 8.

[spoiler='Entry']

Set: Wind of the Sovereign

As the name suggested, this archetype.. more rather set since they are not focus on their names like other archetype Konami released lately, is a set of WIND monsters. And as I said, after getting a ton of archetypes which had an emphasis only on archetype members/cards themselves and ruined the fun of deckbuilding, I, who missed that fun, have decided to create this generic WIND support  archetype that can either play on their own without the need of boring archetype only deck and still not losing badly to meta or being splashed into some current relevant archetype.

So what's the concept?

They.. let see.. "Royal Family" is a WIND archetype based on generic Pendulum Summons and some classic concept like minor ATK Boost along with other concepts on each card individually. Some of them increase the consistency in any WIND decks which are currently underpowered in term of supports compared to other Attributes. The Field Spell and 2 Traps, as well as some monsters require a WIND Spellcaster-Type monster to be on the field to be used at their fullest extent. Unlike other Pendulum Archetype, this archetype's restriction is only that you cannot PS non-WIND monsters, and that's only on the max scale one. You can still use an alternative scale if you want to PS other Attribute monsters that badly, though they only have synergy with WIND monsters, so I don't recommend.

[spoiler='Members']

All cards template credits to Zextra

[spoiler='Princess Regina']

QU5mhNX.jpg

Pendulum Effects

All WIND monsters you control gain 300 ATK. If a face-up WIND monster(s) you control would be destroyed, you can destroy this face-up card instead.

Monster Effects

While face-up on the field, in the Extra Deck or in the Graveyard, this card is also treated as a Spellcaster-Type. When this card is Normal or Pendulum Summoned: You can add 1 Level 4 or lower WIND monster from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand, but you cannot Normal Summon/Set that monster or a card with the same name until the end of your next turn. You can only use the effect of "Princess Regina" once per turn.

A ROTA-able WIND ROTA on leg with the balancing restriction that kinda hurt non-Pendulum decks that tech this for consistency, but can be completely ignored if you have Pendulum Scales. The alternate typing, which represent her status as a Magical Swordwoman, is there to unlock some other cards' effects as well as allow the Trap to be played. The Pendulum Effect let you play safer in case you get multiple copies of this without any other scale and since her scale still let you PS lv.4 monsters which were the main monsters both of this set and many other archetypes anyway.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Prince Siegfried']

N3nkzMj.jpg

Pendulum Effects

When you Pendulum Summon a WIND monster(s): You can target 1 card on the field; return it to the hand. If you do: All monsters Pendulum Summoned this turn gain 300 ATK.

Monster Effects

While you control a face-up WIND Spellcaster-Type monster, all WIND monsters you control gain 300 ATK, also cards in your Pendulum Zone cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent's card effects. Once per turn, when this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can draw 1 card and reveal it. If it was a WIND monster, return 1 card on the field to the hand.

Another ROTA-able card that helps with consistency. This card provides a full protection to your Scales as long as you control him and a WIND Spellcaster, say, Regina whose effects said so and can be Pendulum Summoned along with this card. And this is what I said about some cards having other concepts individually, while the Pendulum Effects has permanent boost, its Monster Effect is better with consistency and really good at bouncing a card during the damage step where most cards cannot counter, given that you have a way to let this card deal damage and.. luck.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Guardian Angel Anpiel']

7Lwg2Fr.jpg

Pendulum Effects

If you Pendulum Summon only WIND monster(s), that Pendulum Summon cannot be negated. Once per turn, when a face-up WIND monster(s) you control is targeted by a card effect: You can negate that effect. If you do: You can target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field; destroy it.

Monster Effects

When this card is Normal Summoned OR is Pendulum Summoned while you control another face-up WIND monster: You can destroy 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field. You can only use this effect of "Guardian Angel Anpiel" once per turn.

OCG Clarification: You don't have to control another face-up WIND monster to pop a S/T if you NS'd this card, and yes, the Monster Effect is a non-target S/T pop.

Most prestigious royal families usually have their own Guardian Angel(s). This angel come with the min scale and the better Pendulum Effects compared to those 2 before. So she's supposed to be your main scale at all times. And once you get the 2nd copy of this through Regina or whatever, the more powerful MST is ready to use. The S/T removal concept in this card is, same as the bounce concept before, represented most of the non-archetype (and maybe an old Mist Valley) WIND monsters of this game and what are they usually focus at.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Guardian Angel Hadriel']

fC3fQ4R.jpg

Pendulum Effects

You cannot Pendulum Summon any monsters, except WIND monsters. All monsters you control gain 300 ATK and are unaffected by your opponent's card effects during the turn they are Pendulum Summoned.

Monster Effects

If you control only WIND monsters, all WIND Pendulum Monsters you control gain 300 ATK and DEF. Once per turn, when this card is attacked while you control another face-up WIND monster: You can target the attacking monster; return it to the hand

Another Guardian Angel, this time with the max scale before it reaches the scale of some creepy power level Pendulum out there. Needless to say, this is supposed to be another of your main scale along with Anpiel, and you'll get a very safe play as your PS cannot be negated, then the PS'd monsters are immediately unaffected by your opponent's card effects, even for a turn, but that's enough to push a game or break the setup during these days. This card also fit a wall role as your opponent have to remove it or get rid of other WIND monsters before attacking this if they don't want to run into an obvious CED

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Tempest the Tamed Royal Dragon']

9aGdXxL.jpg

Pendulum Effects

All WIND monsters you control gain 600 ATK. If a WIND monster you control attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent.

Monster Effects

While you control another WIND monster, this card gains 300 ATK and is unaffected by other card effects. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent. When this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can add 1 WIND Warrior or Fairy-Type monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use the effect of "Tempest the Tamed Royal Dragon" once per turn.

The almighty Dragon Ruler now was tamed and turned into.. a typical Boss monster, with the trend of Pendulum Boss lately; the worst scale. Although its Pendulum Effects are somehow great at helping on pushing so that it maybe used to finish the game or so, but its real power lies within its Monster typing and Effects. While it may not be searchable by Regina, it is fully searchable by OG Tempest's both effects which also let you make a R7 play. As for its effects, just by controlling another WIND monster, you get a 2.7k piercing beater who is unaffected by other card effects (Sadly, your own buffs from the whole set are no exception, but I deliberately did that to prevent too much power.) and net you a Warrior or Fairy once you deals damage (with piercing and unaffected, that's an always.) which you can search for Guardian Angels/Regina or Siegfried, or even some other useful stuffs like Silpheed who allows a R4 play, but was forgotten due to consistent issues.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Assailant of the Royal Family - Andre']

0Hm0S8X.jpg

When this card is Normal or Pendulum Summoned, if you control another face-up WIND monster: You can Tribute up to 2 WIND non-Token monsters, then target the same number of cards on the field; shuffle them into the Deck. You can only use the effect of "Assailant of the Royal Family - Andre" once per turn.

The first non-Pendulum monster of the set. Imagine this as a Pendulum Monster and you'll understand why... As an assailant, his job is to get rid of anything in the royal family's way, and by get rid, he can make sure that threat will never show up again, (at least sooner) with that great removal. So far, this is another card aside from Regina that has high splashability. In his own deck or Weasel deck, this guy has no problem Tributing 2 monsters to get rid of 2 threat at a time, though it may be a bit hard in non-Pendulum decks, but at least he can still Tribute only himself to remove a card.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Witch of the Royal Family - Dorothy']

3QMoGsk.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can activate 1 of these effects. You cannot Special Summon any monsters for the rest of this turn, except WIND monsters.

● Target 1 Level 4 or lower WIND monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it. Its effects are negated and it is returned to the hand during the end of this turn

● Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower WIND Pendulum Monster from your Extra Deck.

Another non-Pendulum Monster, and the only one whose effect only triggered on NS. But that aside, this is really powerful card and probably the most splashable card in this set as it being an instant Stardust (through Mist Valley Soldier) or Chidori for any WIND deck. For its own deck, it is a Spellcaster-Type which unlock the true power of some other cards in the set, and in situations after board wipe or something like that, you can NS this to bring out Siegfried from ED and having a scale protection before placing your new scales.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Royal Castle']

QJvCmGg.jpg

All WIND monsters gain 300 ATK and DEF. While you control a face-up WIND Spellcaster-Type monster, this card cannot be targeted by card effects. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can shuffle 1 of your banished cards into the Deck; this turn, all WIND monsters you control gain 300 ATK. (This applies even if this card leaves the field.) When this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can add 1 WIND monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Royal Castle" once per turn.

Another splashable card for any WIND decks that lack Field Spell. It can tutor freaking ANY WIND monster when it is popped or dumbed, though having an Optional When balancing clause make it kinda vulnerable to a CL2 MST or so. Other effects are another minor boost and a hexproof, with an Apelion-like boost by shuffling back a banished card that helps the Trap Cards I'm gonna post. Speaking of Apelion, this card is fully fit the Spirit Beast decks as it can recycle the Trap and let NS'd Apelion run over the deck's lostcon, Killer (now Tower) with 2 of its own boost and another boost from this card.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Royal Spark']

yV6Vv3c.jpg

If you control a face-up WIND Spellcaster-Type monster: Target 1 card on the field; destroy it, and if you do, draw 1 card. You can only activate 1 "Royal Spark" per turn. If a WIND monster(s) is sent to your Graveyard while this card is in the Graveyard: You can banish this card and 1 of those monsters from your Graveyard; Set 1 "Royal Spark" directly from your Deck.

Another deck's wincon other than Tempest. Knowing how people hate Spirit Beast deck because of the similar card, I gave it a hard OPT and made this unsearchable in the first place, but after the first copy is played, the 2nd and 3rd will follow it soon enough. With the Castle, this card can be endlessly recycled, although it is not that easy to use, mainly because the only relevant WIND Spellcaster are Regina and Dorothy, as for the real cards, Tricky and Saambell are the only cards I could think of.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Royal Storm']

w0JKaZT.jpg

When your opponent Special Summons a monster(s) while you control a face-up WIND Spellcaster-Type monster: Shuffle that monster into the Deck, then destroy all cards in your Spell/Trap Zone. You can only activate 1 "Royal Storm" per turn. If a WIND monster(s) is sent to your Graveyard while this card is in the Graveyard: You can banish this card and 1 of those monsters from your Graveyard; Set 1 "Royal Storm" directly from your Deck.

High risk high reward card with the exactly same condition and recycle ability as Spark, although its cost maybe huge depending on your board and have to be carefully played. The only reason it also destroy your cards is that this storm is too powerful XD. By Spell/Trap Zone, it is not including Field Zone and Pendulum Zone, so you don't have to worry about wiping your scale out by using this (But sadly it can't wipe the field and get a WIND tutor :l)

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Deck Building

They are basically a set of generic Pendulum for any WIND deck, so by deckbuilding, you can either tech some useful WIND into them, like Silpheed which is searchable of our new Tempest and make R4 play a lot easier, Raiza/Mega whose Tribute fodders can be easily prepared through PS, and OG Tempest who can search our boss and make a R7 play with it. Or you can splash some of this archetype into other decks. For example, Regina, Andre and maybe Siegfried in Hermit Yokai to give them more consistency and another way of removal. Royal Castle in Spirit Beast to let them recycle their Trap while also give them a further boost and consistency. Needless to say, Dorothy as an instant Chidori is a must in those 2 decks and any deck that have a decent amount of WIND monsters.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler: A Day in the Office]

[spoiler: The Story]

So in my wild imagination I thought that there would be some nice made up story about the man from the Reversal Quiz card. The story is that as his game gets popular he opens up a company, and that company blossoms. Of course it blossoms into over expansion and it barely survives the post apocalyptic wasteland that is the DT storyline. Nevertheless R.Q. as he is called now is the great founder of a massive corporate empire and the name of all of his employees are known as "True Sirs."

[/spoiler]

[spoiler: Playstyle]

The goal of them is to rearrange the top of both players decks and with that control the game that day. They are supposedly slower because I didn't want them to be another spam deck. Second they don't have an Extra Deck monster for them so they can just maintain some form of control. [/spoiler]

[spoiler: Employees]

[spoiler:Edward]

hLelL5K.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler: Lore]

Once per turn: when you look at, pick up, excavate or reveal a card(s) from the top of your deck you can target 1 of those cards; add the target to your hand.[/spoiler]

[spoiler: Gideon]

U2cmT2f.jpg

[/spoiler]

When this card is summoned look at the top 3 cards of your opponents deck, then you can send 1 of those cards to the bottom of the deck and return the other 2 to the top of your opponents deck in any order. [/spoiler]

[spoiler: Nicole]

AOVJw0o.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler:Lore]

If this card was added to your hand by any means other than drawing special summon it. When this card is Special Summoned excavate the top 5 cards of your deck and choose one True Sirs monster other than "True Sirs: Nicole" and add that monster to you hand. Return the other excavated cards to the bottom of your deck in any order.[/spoiler]

[spoiler: Nigelz]

Hl1TR9U.jpg

[/spoiler]

When this monster battles another monster, declare one monster card name and excavate the top card of your deck. If the excavated card is the declared monster card name this monster gains ATK points equal to the excavated monsters ATK points and add the excavated card to your hand. If the excavated card is not the declared Monster Card name then send the excavated card to the bottom of the deck.[/spoiler]

[spoiler: Illiad]

RHVp3ee.jpg

[/spoiler]

Once per turn during the End Phase of your turn declare one card name. Your opponent then reveals the top card of their deck. If it is the declared card name then your opponent sends the declared card to the graveyard and your opponent skips either their Standby Phase, Main Phase 1, Battle Phase, or Main Phase 2 (you choose) during the next turn. If it is not the declared name your opponent adds that card to their hand. [/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler: Upper Management]

[spoiler: Ms. Q]

PBcDQQs.jpg

[/spoiler]

As longs this card remains on the field your opponent cannot target the graveyard with card effects or banish cards in the graveyard. During the End Phase of your opponents turn you can activate this effect and your opponent cannot check cards in either graveyard when you activate this effect. Your opponent calls the name of the monster in either the bottom of your graveyard or theirs (you choose). If he/she calls it right then banish the monster. If he/she calls it wrong then special summon the monster to your side of the field.[/spoiler]

[spoiler: B.S.O.]

wlfMXoQ.jpg

[/spoiler]

When this card is Special Summoned and your opponent controls more monsters than you return monsters to the top of your opponents deck till you and your opponent control the same number of monsters.[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler: Resources]

[spoiler: Coffee Break]

skgszP9.jpg

[/spoiler]

When a "True Sirs" monster you control is destroyed by battle or by card effect: it is now the End Phase of the turn. [/spoiler]

[spoiler: Libations]

mEbI34i.jpg

[/spoiler]

When a "True Sirs" monster(s) is Special Summoned to your side of the field target one of your opponents monsters; reduce the targeted monsters ATK and DEF to 0 till the End Phase of the turn.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler: Research]
hNpHtGk.jpg
[/spoiler]
Discard 1 "True Sirs" monster from your hand to excavate the top 4 cards of your deck. Choose 2 of those cards and add them to your hand. Return the other two excavated cards to the top of your deck in any order.[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Orbs

the Spell-based archetype based on the orbs and monsters that use them. The archetype's special point is that most of the Spell Cards must be activated from the deck by shuffling 1 card from your hand into the deck and sending themselves from the Deck to the Graveyard, requiring some skill to use but if you use them correctly, they'll be really fun deck!

[spoiler='Orb-Warrior Michael']

JboQKJj.jpg

Once per turn, when a card is shuffled into the Deck, draw 1 card. You can only control 1 "Orb-Warrior Michael".

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Orb-Caster Lucifer']

wXzlHxz.jpg

Once per turn, when a card is sent from the deck to the Graveyard, draw 1 card. You can only control 1 "Orb-Caster Lucifer".

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Digital Orb']

TgXDKEr.jpg

Add 1 "Orb-" monster from your Deck to your hand, then shuffle this card into the Deck instead of sending it to the Graveyard. If this card would be shuffled from the hand into the Deck, banish it instead. If this card is banished, you can draw 2 cards. You can only use this effect of "Digital Orb" once per turn. Cards drawn by this effect cannot be activated, Summoned or Set until the end of your next turn.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Orb of Flame']

irfcBgm.jpg

During either player's turn, you can shuffle 1 card from your hand into the Deck and send this card from your Deck to the Graveyard to target 1 face-up "Orb-" monster you control. It gains 1000 ATK during this turn, also if it attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent. You can only use the effect of "Orb of Flame" once per turn.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Orb of Torrent']

NcmyNDt.jpg

During either player's turn, when a face-up "Orb-" monster you control is targeted by a card effect or is attacked, you can shuffle 1 card from your hand into the Deck and send this card from your Deck to the Graveyard to negate that effect or attack. You can only use the effect of "Orb of Torrent" once per turn.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Orb of Nature']

I1EuJrx.jpg

During either player's turn, you can shuffle 1 card from your hand into the Deck and send this card from your Deck to the Graveyard to target 1 face-up "Orb-" monster you control. Once during this turn, if it would be destroyed by battle or by a card effect, it is not destroyed. You can only use the effect of "Orb of Nature" once per turn.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Orb of Spark']

zc8jRut.jpg

During either player's turn, if you control a face-up "Orb-" monster, you can shuffle 1 card from your hand into the Deck and send this card from your Deck to the Graveyard to target 1 face-up card your opponent controls and destroy it. You can only use the effect of "Orb of Spark" once per turn.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Orb of Galaxy']

UTbhQ8C.jpg

During your Main Phase, if you control a face-up "Orb-" monster, you can shuffle 1 card from your hand into the Deck and send this card from your Deck to the Graveyard to banish 1 Set card on the field. You can only use the effect of "Orb of Galaxy" once per turn.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Orb of Life']

XX7SBQN.jpg

During your Main Phase, you can shuffle 1 card from your hand into the Deck and send this card from your Deck to the Graveyard to target 1 Level 4 or lower "Orb-" monster in your Graveyard and Special Summon it, then gain 1000 Life Points. You can only use the effect of "Orb of Life" once per turn.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Reincarnating Orbs']

8gpeDwY.jpg

Target 5 "Orb of" Spell Cards in your Graveyard. Shuffle those cards into the Deck, then draw 3 cards. Card drawn by this effect cannot be activated, Summoned or Set until the end of your next turn.

[/spoiler]

Archived