[M:tG] C14 Spoiler Week Recap Thread (ALL)

bury the year

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Updated with Flamekin Village(?). Text description below.

flamekinvillage.jpg

Flamekin Village
Land
As ~ enters the battlefield, you may reveal an Elemental card from your hand. If you don't, ~ enters the battlefield tapped.
T: Add R to your mana pool.
R, T: Target creature gains haste until end of turn.

It's cute that they're finishing up that cycle from Lorwyn. I only now realized they hadn't printed a flamekin tribal land before.

I'm not massively excited by her Equipment theme, but that's only because I thought she was going to be a bit more controlly since she makes huge hedrons and stuff. More my fault for having a preconception. The art at the end of her Uncharted Realms is also gorgeous:

3hnueij4kd_storyshot.jpg

I'm not really sure why everyone's getting so hyped up about the fact that she looks like Stoneforge Mystic. Seeing it on Reddit and MTGSalvation too.

Nahiri is a stoneforge mystic by profession, so obviously. Or rather was, considering she is probably dead, considering that current storyline is post-Mending, 6000 years later.

I'm not really sure why everyone's getting so hyped up about the fact that she looks like Stoneforge Mystic. Seeing it on Reddit and MTGSalvation too.

Nahiri is a stoneforge mystic by profession, so obviously. Or rather was, considering she is probably dead, considering that current storyline is post-Mending, 6000 years later.

So Stoneforge Mystic is more or less a Descendant of Nahiri

I can get that. The thing that really trips me up personally is that they look WAY to much alike. That or all Stoneforge Mystics have short white hair and wear the same outfit. 

Most Kors look alike, and Nahiri is from the stoneforge clan or some shit like that. They hinted at a stoneforge reprint in the white deck but maybe this is what they meant. I still hope they do put SFM in the white deck, it would be a perfect place to put a reprint of it.

All the Kor have white hair, but the style of her outfit is something only SFM had when I looked through the Kors from Zendikar. Meh, if anything its a nice call back. Her art is amazing. SFM being reprinted would be sweet and if the theme of the White deck is equipment as Nahiri suggests she would be a perfect fit. 

Archived