SFCCG - A MTG CCG Discussion Thread

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dunno why we didn't yet.

So, we have 72 cards for each color. That's a loooooot. While we can technically stick to real-life MTG's philosophies, we can make some of our own spins I believe. IMO, for the first set, cards should be around common/uncomon level of complexity/power, with some being rare-level.

Remember that by not designing for a Limited environment, it is much trickier to use design intelligently. Cards should still roughly be split into normal ratios of commons/uncommons/rares/Mythics, but cards shouldn't be redundant nor useless.

This.

I think we should have kept limited (draft and sealed) in the design of this set.

Normally, I'd say yes to a Limited environment, but this is such a different project. You need those 400 cards to have a sufficient Constructed environment, but 400 cards is far too much for a Limited set without being absurdly odd.

It's possibly we can design the next sets after Alpha in a Limited style: each block makes for an almost 180-card cube format in itself.

Normally, I'd say yes to a Limited environment, but this is such a different project. You need those 400 cards to have a sufficient Constructed environment, but 400 cards is far too much for a Limited set without being absurdly odd.

It's possibly we can design the next sets after Alpha in a Limited style: each block makes for an almost 180-card cube format in itself.

That sounds like a plan.

OK mmm this are only examples, I've been toying around to test the Google Drive tool on my celphone XD
(So whenever I have an idea I have not to wait till I can get to the computer)

Resourceful Sphinx 5UUU
Creature - Sphinx
Flying
At the beggining of your End Step, if this cards has entered the battlefield during this turn, you may draw 3 cards.
3/6

Goldfeathered Champion 3WWW
Creature - Bird Warrior
Flying, vigilance.
Other white creatures you control gets +1/+1 and vigilance.
3/3

But judging those how close are these to the intended power level we want?

Archived