SFCCG - A MTG CCG Discussion Thread

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First batch.

Trying to focus on introducing the flavor and keywords of each color.

[spoiler=Red stuff]

2cctn2a.jpg

Haste
First Strike

20gnsoy.jpg

TRR: Target creature gains haste until end of turn.

14wxbfa.jpg

Haste
If Bloodrage Berserker deals combat damage to a player, sacrifice it.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Green stuff]

2s8pjs2.jpg

Trample
When Thundering Roar Behemoth enters the battlefield, tap target creature.

zmidk7.jpg

Deathtouch
Reach

312hksy.jpg

T: Add GGG to your mana pool.

34o4jnk.jpg

T: Add G to your mana pool.

[/spoiler]

Bloodthirsty Bonecrusher looks alright, albeit a bit dangerous in the way it's a Lava Axe on legs that you can't profitably trade with, AND hits as soon as it enters the field. I'd cut a point of stats (down to 4/3) personally, since it's a strictly better Thundering Giant anyways.

Grandpa Goblin is way, way, way, waaaaay too overcosted. Could probably be R to cast and 1R to grant haste.

Bloodrage Berserker doesn't need the last clause. 1/1 Haste for R is fine on its own.

Thundering Roar Behemoth doesn't seem green, I don't recall myself green ever tapping creatures. 

Darkhorror Arachnid is overcosted again. Deadly Recluse was a 1G 1/2 with Reach and Deathtouch, so 4 extra mana for +3/+1 doesn't seem worth it.

Arbor Enchantress...that's the kind of card that really depends on what the rest of the cards do, but it's STILL a 3 mana boost. It's huge.

How do these look?

[spoiler=Updated versions]

6t1oyh.jpg

Trample
G: Target creature loses flying until end of turn.

To fit with Green's anti-flying.

2cpykno.jpg

T: Add GGG to your mana pool.

Upped summon cost to 4 to prevent using one to drop another.

14vgplg.jpg

Deathtouch
Reach

Dropped the cost/stats.

104p9iu.jpg

T1R: Target creature gains haste until end of turn.

Made it a 1-drop with reduced ability cost.

2safl81.jpg

Haste

Got rid of end phase sacrifice.

jzwnyq.jpg

Haste
First Strike

Dropped stats to make it less Lava Axe-y.

[/spoiler]

Thundering behemoth seems really off flavor, maybe give it reach until EoT for 1G. Also, its way too good at common, it will warp limited around it. Needs to be uncommon at least.

Remember that Limited is not a concern for this set. Rarity only dictates complexity in this particular set.

So, I digged through my entire thread history on MTGS to find some cards that would be suitable for this. I'll get to looking for arts once I can.

[spoiler=Lots of stuff]

Channeling Pendant 1
Artifact [R]
At the beggining of your upkeep, you may put a charge counter on ~.
T: You may put a creature card with converted mana cost equal to the number of charge counters on ~ from your graveyard onto the battlefield. It gains haste. Exile it at the beggining of the next end step or if it would leave the battlefield

Perseverance 1WW
Enchantment - Aura
 [R]
Enchant creature
Whenever damage would be dealt to the enchanted creature, prevent that damage and you gain that much life.

Poacher 1U

Creature - Human ???
1UUT: Search your library for a Kraken, Leviathan, Octopus, or Serpent creature card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
1/3

CARDNAME 1BB
Sorcery

Destroy target creature.
Rejuvenate - Destroy all creatures instead if you control seven or more lands.

Path of Destiny 3WW
Enchantment
When ~ enters the battlefield, each player chooses up to one creature they control, then exiles the rest.
If a player controls a creature, that player can't cast creature spells.

Battlefield Looting 2BB
Sorcery (U)
Spoils of war (This costs 1 less to cast for each creature you control that attacked or blocked this turn.)
Draw a card for each creature that died this turn. You lose 1 life for each card drawn this way.

Arissa, the Soul Jailer BB

Legendary Creature - Human Wizard (R)
Deathtouch
If a creature dealt damage by Arissa, the Soul Jailer this turn dies, you may exile it and put a +1/+1 counter on Arissa.
2BB: Put a card exiled by Arissa onto the battlefield under your control.
"There is life, there is death. And then there is me."
2/2

Jungle Thomper 3RG

Creature - Beast (R)
Trample
RG: Jungle Thomper gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
When Jungle Thomper deals combat damage to an opponent, you may untap up to that many Forests and/or Mountains you control.
3/3

Chisdel, the Transmogulator 3U
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard (1/3) [R]
Squirrel creatures you control get +1/+1.
When Chisdel, the Transmogulator enters the battlefield, you may exile target creature. Its controller puts X 1/1 green Squirrel creature tokens onto the battlefield, where X is the exiled creature's power.

Shizen, One with Nature 2GG

Legendary Creature - Human Druid
1GT: Put a +1/+1 counter on Shizen, One with Nature.
At the beggining of your upkeep, you may look at the top X cards of your library, where X is the number of +1/+1 counters on Shizen. If you do, you may reveal a creature or a land card from among them and put it into your hand. Put the remaining cards at the bottom of your library in any order.
0/2

Dungeon Looting 1R

Sorcery (C)
Reveal the top five cards of your library. You may put an equipment card from among them into your hand. Put the rest on bottom of your library in any order.

Myriad Truths 3UU

Sorcery (R)
Draw X cards, where X is the number of cards in your hand.

Omen of Death 3UB

Enchantment - Aura (R)
Enchant creature card in a graveyard
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a token that's a copy of enchanted creature onto the battlefield. It's a black Zombie in addition to its other colors and types.

Gitaxian Parasite x2U
Creature - Insect (R)
As you cast Gitaxian Parasite, put a -1/-1 counter on target creature with converted mana cast equal to Gitaxian Parasite.
When Gitaxian Parasite enters the battlefield, gain control of target creature with a -1/-1 counter on it for as long as you control Gitaxian Parasite.
2/3

Mist, the Tidal Trickster 2UU
Legendary Creature - Merfolk Warrior (R)
Mist, the Tidal Trickster has hexproof as long as it's tapped.
Whenever you cast a blue spell, you may tap or untap target permanent.
2/3

Basque, Warfare Embodied 3BR

Legendary Creature - Demon Warrior (M)
Flying, lifelink, trample
If four or more creatures died this turn, you may cast Basque, Warfare Embodied as though it had flash without paying its mana cost.
Sacrifice four creatures: Return Basque from your graveyard to the battlefield. It gainst haste. Exile it at end of turn or if it would leave the battlefield.
3/3

[/spoiler]

Okay, since we have a lot of activity now I'd like it if people would move activity to this forum: http://sfccg.forumotion.com/

It's more organized there and also has a chatbox.

I'm going to add all of these cards to Multiverse (with or without images) and there they can be edited further.

Archived