Super Showdown Society (closed)

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think that muk needs Toxic with poison touch Poison Jab

Maybe Fire punch and Shadow sneak would be good moves instead of power up and mean look.

Can muk learn Drain Punch?  

Yeah I think getting rid of Toxic. Though, I like Power-Up Punch still. Maybe I'll just go four attacking moves...maybe Assault Vest instead of Black Sludge.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nususpecttest-237140701

This battle had me wondering.Should I run Giga Drain over Petal Dance? PD is strong enough that even just +1 can take out a lot of things but Giga Drain doesn't lock you into it.

Also HP Rock or Fire? The only real reason to use HP Fire is Ferrothorn but as you can see I don't have much to deal with it.

I think HP rock and Petal Dance are fine, especially since Fletchinder's back in NU now so there's another thing you can bop on the switchin if you predict it will enough, as well as various other flying types like, most importantly, Scyther. Unless you really want to keep it, I'd suggest Garbodor instead of Muk. It literally fits on every team and Toxic Spikes are really powerful in lower tiers, plus it's really good at getting quick residual damage with Aftermath and Rocky Helmet.

I suggest a spread something like this-

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Toxic Spikes
- Seed Bomb
- Drain Punch

If you really want to keep the Muk, AV is probably your best bet, as much as I hate that item.

Such silence.

Anyway. This team is so so. I can win with it but it gets a few things that really messes with it. Physically defensive things are tough, Miltank being my main defensive Pokemon can be bad when there's so many Fighting types...though it actually can take some of those. But I like my team. ^^;

Also this stuff happens.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nususpecttest-237627803

And, it's funny. At first I thought they were being silly with these weird sets but then...well how it ended makes me wonder if they were trying to be serious.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nususpecttest-237629090

Awesome, that makes four at least. The goal is 8 but that'll work. Now I shall c/p some rules. XD

[spoiler=SSS RU Tournament]

[spoiler=Rules]
1.) All teams must be RU teams. This means nothing above the RU tier.

2.) Tournament will be double elimination bracket tournament. And the matchups will be determined once the sign ups end.

3.) You are allowed to change between three full teams in between rounds. Or change out up to three Pokemon between rounds.

[spoiler=Points]Fee will be 250 points, to be sent to me upon sign-up. I will add 1000 points myself.

[spoiler=Prizes]1st place-60% of Pot

2nd place-30% of Pot

3rd place-10% of Pot

[spoiler=Current Pot]2250 Points

[spoiler=Participants]

1.) Lord CowCow

2.) Self-Destruct Button

3.) Kotori Minami

4.) Hydreigon

5.) ihop

6.)

7.)

8.)

more?

[spoiler=Sign-up]Sign-ups will last for lol however long I want at this point.

You won't be accepted until you send the 250 points to me.

Simple stuff, yes, but effective. The weird rules are for in between tier tournaments. :3

Any other concerns anyone has let it be known.

Gonna try and get some more people up in here soon, I'll go ask around and such.

Also. I've determined my NU team is a good one. Only issues is Normal and Steel on the same team messes with Haunter badly, and Scarf Magneton is scary specifically.

And losing streaks suck. Ever notice how you lose a couple and then it's really hard to get back to winning sometimes? Weird feeling.

Archived