[Finished]Triple Threat Combo Contest

Draconus297

You know what card contests never seem to have?
Mini-sets.
You know what I have had a craving for recently?
Mini-sets.

To the contest: the design challenge here is creating three cards with great synergy, focused on the classic trope "Fire, Ice, Lightning". Now, how you handle this is up to you- it could be three monsters, three spells, three traps, one of each, or who knows what kind of deviousness. All that is truly required is that the three mesh well, and that they follow the theme.

The Pot: (Current Balance: 0)
Everyone puts in 50 Points.
1st place walks away with 75%, 2nd with 20%, 3rd with 5%.
Rounding estimations will be made in favor of higher places.

The Judges:
[spoiler= Draconus297]
My grading rubric is on the following scale-
Theme: 30 Points
Grammar: 25 Points
Usability: 25 Points
Creativity: 20 Points
[/spoiler]

Other judges can (and probably will) be accepted.
Written cards are accepted, and no judge will be accepted with a bias against them (ie, having card art as part of their rubric). If you do create a Written, I would appreciate if you used my format, which I have used since I started doing the written cards.
[spoiler=Written Format]
Monster::
Card Name
ATTRIBUTE - Level/Rank - Type - ATK/DEF
Scale (if applicable)
Card Text

Spell/Trap::
Card Name
Spell/Trap Variety (ie, Continuous Spell, Counter Trap)
Effect
[/spoiler]

Accepted Apps:

Ok, donated points.  Here's my trio:

[spoiler='Aquasizzle']yZwDqCK.jpg

Lore: This card's defense is equal to the number of tokens on the field x500. When a player's life points increase, special summon 1 "scald token" (Water/Aqua-type/lvl 2/ATK 0/DEF 1200). If this card would be destroyed, you may tribute 1 "brew token" to negate this card's destruction.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Pyrobrew']XiGTb6d.jpg

Lore: This card's attack is equal to the number of tokens on the field x500. When effect damage is inflicted to a player, special summon 1 "brew token" (Fire/Pyro-type/lvl 2/ATK 1200/DEF 0). If this card would be destroyed, you may tribute 1 "scald token" to negate this card's destruction.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Thunder Steam Generator']LjJMjs9.jpg

Lore: During your standby phase, you may tribute 1 Pyrobrew or "brew token" and 1 Aquasizzle or "scald token" to special summon 1 "steam-thunderclap token" (Wind/level 8/Thunder-type/ATK 2800/DEF 2200). During your end phase, deal 100 damage to your opponent for each "brew token", "scald token", or "steam-thunderclap token" on the field and increase your life points by the same amount. [/spoiler]

Unfortunately, I could not find adequate pictures so...

meh.

Archived