[Finished][YDF] Designer Contest - Big Boss [FINISHED]

seattleite

This is on behalf of the YDF, a CCG. For more information, look here.

Objective
Create a level 9+ monster that has a special summoning requirement (either 3+ tributes or something else). It can ONLY be an effect monster, no other subtypes. This is going to be a 'cover card', so no written cards please.

Entry Requirements
Anyone can post a card, but the card will be judged based on how it would act in the YDF, not the TCG, so you should look over the current card set, here.

No holding spaces. When you join, post your card immediately. You can change your card until the end of the Contest.

Deadline
January 15th, 1 week from now (Pacific Standard Time)

Prizes

1st place: 100 points & Card entered into YDF

2nd place: 50 points

3rd place: 30 points

Judging Criteria
Things that matter:

* Good Design - Does this card promote player interaction?
* Balance - Does this card not suck / not make everything else suck in comparison?

* Flexibility - Can this card be used in creative ways, or is there only 1 purpose and 1 deck for it?

I'm not giving point-based scores on this contest, but these all will be considered.

OCG doesn't matter, as long as I know what it does. If I don't know, I'll ask you on this thread. If you don't reply and I STILL don't know what it does, it is disqualified.

Notes on YDF Design:
Removal in general is much weaker. For high-level monsters especially, removing them can be quite costly and usually involves modifying things ATK/DEF to punch them. A new keyword/mechanic we have for this is [b]sunder: [/b]Sunder <target> by X - {Reduce the ATK and DEF of target by X. If the DEF of the target is 0 after this effect, destroy the target.} Sunder can be used on targets with 0 ATK &/or DEF. If used on a target with 0 ATK, DEF is still reduced. If used on a target with 0 DEF it will be destroyed.

Since the card you'll be making is Level 9+ and pretty strong, it will probably stay on the field longer. So you don't have to give it "Immunity to Spells, Traps and Effects that don't target it"....

Be careful about Card Advantage. Drawing and Searching is also much weaker in the YDF.

No entry? Wow, I'll try this one.

syfx70v.jpg

Enraged Beastking/EARTH

Level 9/Beast-Warrior

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by tributing 3 or more monsters you control, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card's ATK and DEF is equal to the number of monsters Tributed for its Special Summon x900. Once per turn: You can Sunder all monsters your opponent controls by the number of monsters tributed for the Summon of this card x600. If a monster's ATK is sundered to 0 by this effect: Destroy it.

ATK/ ? DEF/ ?

What can a boss for this set look alike? Why not something related to our new mechanisms? The one who takes Sunder to another level, Enraged Beastking! Thought sundering at least 1800 DEF from a monster is probably more than enough to destroy it, but to make sure nothing survives the King it also destroy monsters if their ATKs are reduced to 0. It is (until now) the most powerful Sunder card, and there is not even one card that prevents Sunder on the Set (thought there are cards that can't be destroyed by Sunder), making him even more scary. Even thought he has a lot of power packed in one card, it doesn't have any protection at all, making him vulnerable to everything.

Note: Tried to play with the number 3 and his multiples. See, can only be summoned by using 3 or more, sunder enemies by 600, gain ATK x900 and is Level 9. Not so clever, just for fun.

Anyway, I tried, hope you guys like it.

[spoiler='Entry']

kHP7SOp.jpg

Upper-half template credits to Zextra, actually the lower-half too.

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand or Deck) by Tributing 1 Warrior-Type monster and 1 Dragon-Type monster you control other than "Althea the Dragoon General", with at least 1 of them having 2600 or higher original DEF, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This face-up card is also treated as Dragon-Type. This card does not lose ATK when it is Sundered. If a face-up Warrior-Type or Dragon-Type monster(s) you control would be destroyed, you can Sunder this card by 1000 for each of those monsters instead. If this card leaves the field by your opponent's card effect: You can add 1 Warrior-Type or Dragon-Type monster from your Graveyard to your hand.

Well, with our current set having some good amount of Dragon, Warrior and Fiend-Type monsters, I designed our boss based on 2 of 3 of them. At first glance, that SS condition, even with Summoning from deck that can help with consistency, may sounds a bit hard and impractical, but truth be told, cards I submitted for YDF lately are more or less her direct support (Hence why I didn't post this card earlier, just so I can confirm their existence). Even with that rejected Roven who suppose to being either Tribute fodder for Alicia or Althea herself and being the only card that can make this card in 1 turn, but Alicia is not that hard to Summon considering a cardpool with so many protection cards in the form of Sunder and Pos change to protect that low level Warrior you're going to Tribute for her, and after you bring Alicia out, that Agile Dragon in your hand can be instantly SS'd, with you still being able to Tribute it and Alicia for this card since it cares only original DEF. And if you Tribute this of NS'd Alicia, you're more likely to have more 500 DEF from Quickdraw Shield and let this card protect stuffs one more time.

Is this monster linear and can be Summoned by that exact field only? No! Warriors may have only Alicia with 2600+ original DEF, but for Dragons, Shield-Tail and Great Nest-Drake also pass the condition, with the former being able to SS'd from hand by switching any Warrior you control to Def and instantly met Althea's requirement (still need at least 2 turns btw, given Shield Tail's SS con). Summoning this card through Drake maybe the slowest way and require 3+ turn, but at least it's possible.

So what do I get from waiting at least 2-3 turns and wasting at least 1 high Level monster? A 3.1k boss with useful effects! First Althea has some new kind of protection against our new mechanic. When being Sundered, she will only lose DEF (still vulnerable to dead by 0 DEF) while keeping that huge ATK! -Like a boss- Then she come with protections for her comrades, both human and dragons from both battle and effects. And with aforementioned Alicia>Quickdraw, you can protect your army for 2-3 times if not being Sundered outside of its own effect, maybe even more if you utilize Pure Wing (who will be protected by this card, even from non-target destruction like Crush or AoE Sunder)

So, with this and Pure Wing on board you already won with your opponent cannot doing anything? No! I actually prepared perfect countermeasure for this, Sky Channeler! What Voltex said in another contest thread are all true, but not when the target for bouncing was a Nomi monster. To Summon Althea I believe a lot of investment have to be made, and once you already have her and Pure Wing on board, I believe your hand must be at least -2 from your opponent with most good monsters used for Althea's Summoning. So once she got bounce up, even you can SS something during your SP, you will lose huge advantage since Althea is Nomi and cannot be re-Summoned by Channeler. So what if Channeler lose that contest? Thing will be a bit harder, but then we still have stuff like Venom Dart and Balanced Offer that decrease ATK without Sundering, with the former and, in addition, Red Light can just negate Althea's effect and render it pop-able during that time

Edit: So just bounce it and this boss is nothing but freaking minus machine? let me say "No" once again. With this edit I made, once she leaves the field by opponent's card she'll bring back a huge wall Tributed for her Summon! So if that removal type was bounce or spin, then she's more than ready to reach the field again soon! Screw almost free another Althea, now it only retrieve 1 Warrior or Dragon from Graveyard which can still help making another Althea, but not as easy and cheat as directly SS it.

Hope this can be our boss :)

[/spoiler]

xT8Ou90.jpg

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Cannot be Special Summoned, except by its own effect. You can banish 1 Fiend-Type monster and 1 Insect-Type monster from your Graveyard; Special Summon this card from your hand. You can banish 1 Fiend-Type monster and 1 Insect-Type monster from your hand; Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. Increase the amount of all effects that Sunder monster(s) other than "Golden Arachnid Scorpious" by 400. 

Hopefully I've done this right.

[spoiler=Card]

0vcS7KE.jpg

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Cannot be Special Summoned, except with its own effect. You can banish 3 monsters from your Extra Deck, Special Summon this card (from your hand or Graveyard). You can only Special Summon 1 "Xuanwu" once per turn. Once per turn, during either player's turn, when your opponent Special Summons a monster(s) (except during the damage step): You can target one of those monsters; send 1 monster from your side of the field or hand to the Graveyard, and if you do, sunder that target by the DEF of the sent monster.

[/spoiler]

Yeah you've done nothing wrong, maybe except that YDF currently has 0 ED monsters

mb, mb

Alright, let's have a go:

utBBgr2.jpg

Relngic the Primal Lhaksharut Inevitable

EARTH/Machine/Effect/Level 10

3200/3000

Cannot be Special Summoned or Set. Must be Normal Summoned by tributing at least 3 monsters you control, whose total levels are at least 14. Once, while this card is face-up on the field: you can banish 1 card on the field. Once per turn, you can banish 1 card from your Deck or return 1 banished card to your Deck. When this card is destroyed: You can Special Summon 1 level 7 or lower banished monster.

So, this one I approached more from thematics than design, I'll start with that:

Inevitables are from the Pathfinder universe, they're machines the lawful gods created to keep the universe from doing anything stupid. Lhaksharut Inevitables specifically are the highest order, tasked with keeping the planes in line and basically making sure dimensions don't end up with links they shouldn't have, that things are in the right dimension, and that no planes are getting invaded without the proper paperwork. This is why it plays with the banished zone: aka, other planes/dimensions/ect. It 'keeps it in order' by moving things between the deck and banished zone, and when it dies something 'escapes' a plane onto your field. Primal Inevitables are the first ones, and the most powerful, which made sense because big-boss.

The Summoning condition is easier to fill than you might think (start the turn with 2 level 4s, plop down Shield-Tail Dragon, out comes Relngic!) - especially if you have some level manipulation like LIGHT has. I still made it fairly difficult because a non-destruction removal, big body, and basically searching any level 7 or lower onto the field is quite valuable. He doesn't have any actual self-protection, and a 3200 body is very fight-able, although the 'compensation' he gives can almost be a second life in many cases! 

Probably one of the best combos with him is Book of Moon if he survives a turn to get another banish, since he stopped being face-up. I think that's a cute and situational enough combo that it doesn't need to be 'fixed'.

Generous Double Summon can't actually Summon him without tributes since the tribute-replacements it gives don't have a level, but it can be used to throw down a medium-to-big monster that can immediately be tributed for him.

Here's my entry! Let's hope the image works on my phone.

vBm4cK1.jpg
Cannot be Normal Summoned/ Set. You can Special Summoned this card (from your hand) by banishing 3 Dragon-type Monsters in your hand or that you control, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle, shuffle it into the Deck instead of sending it to the Graveyard. You can tribute this card: Sunder all monsters on the field equal to their ATK.

Here's my card:

[spoiler='Entry']5ps8USe.jpg

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned from your hand by Tributing 1 Warrior-Type monster and 1 Zombie-Type monster. This card gains ATK and DEF points equal to the ATK and DEF of the monsters tributed. Once per turn, during the Damage Step, this card gains 500 ATK points and cannot be destroyed in battle or by card effects.[/spoiler]

@ Necloth Exomirror - The summoning cost in the right deck is not really a cost at all. The stats are very high for something that can be thrown down so easily.

@ Zeaux, Noel, Griffin, JamesMuddy, yugiohcreator - These look fine :) I won't comment on anything more, if you can make them even better, you're welcome to do so!

I'll give some general advice for this contest:

Boss monsters in the TCG (Like Obelisk) suffered from being dead draws, and when you're losing and your field's empty, nothing's worse than drawing a 3-trib monster. 

For those monsters that have difficult summoning requirements, Try to find a way for the card to be useful even when you're losing.

I also like cards that can really progress the game state, so when your boss is gone, you're not back to square one, trying to recover the resources you lost. Something like the Living Fossils is cool.

The trick is to do all this while still keeping the card balanced! :o

Here's my shot:

teNCL1n.jpg

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 1 WIND, 1 EARTH, 1 FIRE and 1 WATER Monster from your feild, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card's Summon Cannot be Negated. Once Per turn, This card cannot be destroyed by battle.
Banish 1 FIRE Monster from your Graveyard: Sunder 1000.
Banish 1 EARTH Monster from your Graveyard: Place a Sheild counter on a target. (You May remove a Sheild Counter to Negate an effect that targets this Card.)
Banish 1 WATER Monster from your Graveyard: Draw a Card
Banish 1 WIND Monster from your Graveyard: then target 1 Spell or Trap your opponent controls; reveal that target, then place that target on either the top or bottom of the Deck.
When this card is in the Graveyard, if it was sent their from the feild, you may Banish it and 1 FIRE, 1 EARTH, 1 WATER and 1 WIND monster: You may activate any of this card's effects, once each, without paying their cost, until the end of the turn.
You can only use 1 "Dagrius, Soul of the World" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

This guy is designed to be a grand and Impressive as possible. He taps into the 4 elemental attributes. His effect leads to him wanting a longer game, incrimentally gaining advantage, rather than finishing the game quickly, he gives the opponent time to try and counter attack. The summon negation immunity is twofold-
1)When summoning him is a -4 requiring specific monster from the feild, he should at least hit the table.
2)To allow for the last effect to always work.
The Last effect is designed as a final burst, to reward attribute juggling and leave a lasting effect. BTW, Sheild counters ability to prevent targeting is an effect tied to the counter, not Dagrius.

And the elephant in the room, Divine Attribute. My case for it: without the egyption gods, the divine attribute has no claim on it and feels like an untapped resourse. My proposition is that it could be use to signify God-like beings, making them notably different from your average monster and giving them a sense of otherness and supremity. It would also deny them standard attribute support. If people would prefer I can make it Light or something.

I am not sure if I used the sunder term correctly, but I gave it a shot anyhow. 

93hyurF.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned from your hand by tributing 2 Warrior-Type monsters you control, with at least 1 of them being Level 5 or higher. When this card destroys a monster by battle: Sunder all other monsters by the destroyed monster's original DEF. If this card is destroyed by your opponent (either by battle or card effect): Equip this card to 1 monster you control; it gains 500 ATK.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Previous Version']q7Usyqt.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned from your hand by tributing 2 Warrior-Type monsters you control, with at least 1 of them being Level 5 or higher. When this card destroys a monster by battle: Sunder all other monsters by the destroyed monster's original DEF. If this card is destroyed by your opponent (either by battle or card effect): You can Special Summon 1 of the monsters used for the Tribute summon of this card from the Graveyard.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

@ Noel - Althea now lets you escape 2 destroy attempts on her, and then getting destroyed by an effect (which is bound to do because of its high ATK), lets you recover the one you tributed. I think now it's passing into overpowered territory.

@ Nobility - Similar to above, I think recovering the one you tributed is too good. It doesn't have all the protection as Althea but the summon condition is much easier.

@ Nylea's Prophet - This is very hard to get out, and requires a lot of luck to not make it a dead draw. So this wouldn't score high on balance or flexibility. 

Where do you banish the EARTH/WIND/FIRE/WATER monster for the last effect from? 

Whether to have DIVINE isn't my call to make, but I'll bring it up on the main thread.

[spoiler=My Entry]

xZdZXCX.jpg

King of the New World
Level 9 | [Fiend/Effect] | DARK

ATK/3300 DEF/1000

Lore:

Cannot be Special Summoned or Set. Must be Tribute Summoned by tributing 1 Level 7 or higher monster that was originally Tribute Summoned. This card cannot be sundered. While this card is face-up on the field, all sundering effects are doubled. If you have less LP than your opponent has; this card can inflict piercing damage. During your Draw Phase; if you draw this card while you have 3000 or less LP; you can discard this card: draw 1 card. You can only activate this effect once per duel.

[/spoiler]

This card won't really help get back resources, however it can and will progress the game if a player decided to use its ability on itself!

[spoiler='Entry']ZkVPi7H.jpg

Lore:

This card may not be Normal Summoned or Set.  This card may not be Special Summoned unless you tribute all monsters you control (min 2).  For every monster tributed in the summon of this monster, you may activate this effect once: select a monster on the field then flip a coin.  If heads, the owner must tribute that monster.  Then they may special summon a monster from their hand (ignoring summoning conditions). Its effect is negated.  If this card is tributed for this effect, the summoned monster's effect is not negated.

[/spoiler]

@ Noel - Althea now lets you escape 2 destroy attempts on her, and then getting destroyed by an effect (which is bound to do because of its high ATK), lets you recover the one you tributed. I think now it's passing into overpowered territory.

@ Nobility - Similar to above, I think recovering the one you tributed is too good. It doesn't have all the protection as Althea but the summon condition is much easier.

So, I kept the summon condition. But I replaced the recover effect with the card equipping onto a monster for ATK gain instead, for the sake of the "unyielding" flavor.

[spoiler=Zeaux]

syfx70v.jpg

[/spoiler]

This card is an alright, solid card, very useful in battle, but the game must revolve around having 3 good monsters, so it tends to be a dead draw.

[spoiler='Entry']

kHP7SOp.jpg

Upper-half template credits to Zextra, actually the lower-half too.

Well, with our current set having some good amount of Dragon, Warrior and Fiend-Type monsters, I designed our boss based on 2 of 3 of them. At first glance, that SS condition, even with Summoning from deck that can help with consistency, may sounds a bit hard and impractical, but truth be told, cards I submitted for YDF lately are more or less her direct support (Hence why I didn't post this card earlier, just so I can confirm their existence). Even with that rejected Roven who suppose to being either Tribute fodder for Alicia or Althea herself and being the only card that can make this card in 1 turn, but Alicia is not that hard to Summon considering a cardpool with so many protection cards in the form of Sunder and Pos change to protect that low level Warrior you're going to Tribute for her, and after you bring Alicia out, that Agile Dragon in your hand can be instantly SS'd, with you still being able to Tribute it and Alicia for this card since it cares only original DEF. And if you Tribute this of NS'd Alicia, you're more likely to have more 500 DEF from Quickdraw Shield and let this card protect stuffs one more time.

Is this monster linear and can be Summoned by that exact field only? No! Warriors may have only Alicia with 2600+ original DEF, but for Dragons, Shield-Tail and Great Nest-Drake also pass the condition, with the former being able to SS'd from hand by switching any Warrior you control to Def and instantly met Althea's requirement (still need at least 2 turns btw, given Shield Tail's SS con). Summoning this card through Drake maybe the slowest way and require 3+ turn, but at least it's possible.

So what do I get from waiting at least 2-3 turns and wasting at least 1 high Level monster? A 3.1k boss with useful effects! First Althea has some new kind of protection against our new mechanic. When being Sundered, she will only lose DEF (still vulnerable to dead by 0 DEF) while keeping that huge ATK! -Like a boss- Then she come with protections for her comrades, both human and dragons from both battle and effects. And with aforementioned Alicia>Quickdraw, you can protect your army for 2-3 times if not being Sundered outside of its own effect, maybe even more if you utilize Pure Wing (who will be protected by this card, even from non-target destruction like Crush or AoE Sunder)

So, with this and Pure Wing on board you already won with your opponent cannot doing anything? No! I actually prepared perfect countermeasure for this, Sky Channeler! What Voltex said in another contest thread are all true, but not when the target for bouncing was a Nomi monster. To Summon Althea I believe a lot of investment have to be made, and once you already have her and Pure Wing on board, I believe your hand must be at least -2 from your opponent with most good monsters used for Althea's Summoning. So once she got bounce up, even you can SS something during your SP, you will lose huge advantage since Althea is Nomi and cannot be re-Summoned by Channeler. So what if Channeler lose that contest? Thing will be a bit harder, but then we still have stuff like Venom Dart and Balanced Offer that decrease ATK without Sundering, with the former and, in addition, Red Light can just negate Althea's effect and render it pop-able during that time

Edit: So just bounce it and this boss is nothing but freaking minus machine? let me say "No" once again. With this edit I made, once she leaves the field by opponent's card she'll bring back a huge wall Tributed for her Summon! So if that removal type was bounce or spin, then she's more than ready to reach the field again soon! Screw almost free another Althea, now it only retrieve 1 Warrior or Dragon from Graveyard which can still help making another Althea, but not as easy and cheat as directly SS it.

Hope this can be our boss :)

[/spoiler]

It's better from its last incarnation, but I still feel like this is too unnecessarily hard to get rid of. The SS from Hand/Deck makes it not just another dead-weight boss, which is nice.

[spoiler=Necloth]

xT8Ou90.jpg

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Cannot be Special Summoned, except by its own effect. You can banish 1 Fiend-Type monster and 1 Insect-Type monster from your Graveyard; Special Summon this card from your hand. You can banish 1 Fiend-Type monster and 1 Insect-Type monster from your hand; Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. Increase the amount of all effects that Sunder monster(s) other than "Golden Arachnid Scorpious" by 400. 

[/spoiler]

Okay, seeing the Dark Simorgh influence. It has strong ATK but not much else, the sunder effect could potentially be helpful but let's be honest, it's all about the ATK. I would say it's balanced but not that exciting as a boss. On a side note, LOVE the union between Fiends and Insects. I'd like to see this card submitted later on, but with less of a beatstick vibe.

[spoiler=Griffin]

utBBgr2.jpg

Relngic the Primal Lhaksharut Inevitable

EARTH/Machine/Effect/Level 10

3200/3000

Cannot be Special Summoned or Set. Must be Normal Summoned by tributing at least 3 monsters you control, whose total levels are at least 14. Once, while this card is face-up on the field: you can banish 1 card on the field. Once per turn, you can banish 1 card from your Deck or return 1 banished card to your Deck. When this card is destroyed: You can Special Summon 1 level 7 or lower banished monster.

So, this one I approached more from thematics than design, I'll start with that:

Inevitables are from the Pathfinder universe, they're machines the lawful gods created to keep the universe from doing anything stupid. Lhaksharut Inevitables specifically are the highest order, tasked with keeping the planes in line and basically making sure dimensions don't end up with links they shouldn't have, that things are in the right dimension, and that no planes are getting invaded without the proper paperwork. This is why it plays with the banished zone: aka, other planes/dimensions/ect. It 'keeps it in order' by moving things between the deck and banished zone, and when it dies something 'escapes' a plane onto your field. Primal Inevitables are the first ones, and the most powerful, which made sense because big-boss.

The Summoning condition is easier to fill than you might think (start the turn with 2 level 4s, plop down Shield-Tail Dragon, out comes Relngic!) - especially if you have some level manipulation like LIGHT has. I still made it fairly difficult because a non-destruction removal, big body, and basically searching any level 7 or lower onto the field is quite valuable. He doesn't have any actual self-protection, and a 3200 body is very fight-able, although the 'compensation' he gives can almost be a second life in many cases! 

Probably one of the best combos with him is Book of Moon if he survives a turn to get another banish, since he stopped being face-up. I think that's a cute and situational enough combo that it doesn't need to be 'fixed'.

Generous Double Summon can't actually Summon him without tributes since the tribute-replacements it gives don't have a level, but it can be used to throw down a medium-to-big monster that can immediately be tributed for him.

[/spoiler]

It's a very interesting card, and would make an interesting deck to say the least. However, with the steep summoning cost this feels like a "High risk, high reward" thing, and possibly becomes a dead draw. I'd like to see it in a later set, but I can't choose this as the winner.

[spoiler=James]

vBm4cK1.jpg
Cannot be Normal Summoned/ Set. You can Special Summoned this card (from your hand) by banishing 3 Dragon-type Monsters in your hand or that you control, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle, shuffle it into the Deck instead of sending it to the Graveyard. You can tribute this card: Sunder all monsters on the field equal to their ATK.

[/spoiler]

It's a little UP'd. The tribute effect is nice but seems out of place, as those are 3 dragons you're never getting back, all for a pseudo-nuke. The other effect is cool too, but a little underwhelming.

Here's my card:

[spoiler='Entry']5ps8USe.jpg

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned from your hand by Tributing 1 Warrior-Type monster and 1 Zombie-Type monster. This card gains ATK and DEF points equal to the ATK and DEF of the monsters tributed. Once per turn, during the Damage Step, this card gains 500 ATK points and cannot be destroyed in battle or by card effects.[/spoiler]

Nice going with unifying Warriors and Zombies. You can attack more confidently, which is nice. But other than that, not much to say... it needs a little more flair to be a captivating boss, right now it's just a beatstick.

[spoiler=Nylea's Prophet]

teNCL1n.jpg

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 1 WIND, 1 EARTH, 1 FIRE and 1 WATER Monster from your feild, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card's Summon Cannot be Negated. Once Per turn, This card cannot be destroyed by battle.
Banish 1 FIRE Monster from your Graveyard: Sunder 1000.
Banish 1 EARTH Monster from your Graveyard: Place a Sheild counter on a target. (You May remove a Sheild Counter to Negate an effect that targets this Card.)
Banish 1 WATER Monster from your Graveyard: Draw a Card
Banish 1 WIND Monster from your Graveyard: then target 1 Spell or Trap your opponent controls; reveal that target, then place that target on either the top or bottom of the Deck.
When this card is in the Graveyard, if it was sent their from the feild, you may Banish it and 1 FIRE, 1 EARTH, 1 WATER and 1 WIND monster: You may activate any of this card's effects, once each, without paying their cost, until the end of the turn.
You can only use 1 "Dagrius, Soul of the World" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

This guy is designed to be a grand and Impressive as possible. He taps into the 4 elemental attributes. His effect leads to him wanting a longer game, incrimentally gaining advantage, rather than finishing the game quickly, he gives the opponent time to try and counter attack. The summon negation immunity is twofold-
1)When summoning him is a -4 requiring specific monster from the feild, he should at least hit the table.
2)To allow for the last effect to always work.
The Last effect is designed as a final burst, to reward attribute juggling and leave a lasting effect. BTW, Sheild counters ability to prevent targeting is an effect tied to the counter, not Dagrius.

And the elephant in the room, Divine Attribute. My case for it: without the egyption gods, the divine attribute has no claim on it and feels like an untapped resourse. My proposition is that it could be use to signify God-like beings, making them notably different from your average monster and giving them a sense of otherness and supremity. It would also deny them standard attribute support. If people would prefer I can make it Light or something.

[/spoiler]

As said before, the effect is cool but it's way too hard to get out. 

[spoiler=Nobility] 

93hyurF.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned from your hand by tributing 2 Warrior-Type monsters you control, with at least 1 of them being Level 5 or higher. When this card destroys a monster by battle: Sunder all other monsters by the destroyed monster's original DEF. If this card is destroyed by your opponent (either by battle or card effect): Equip this card to 1 monster you control; it gains 500 ATK.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Previous Version']q7Usyqt.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned from your hand by tributing 2 Warrior-Type monsters you control, with at least 1 of them being Level 5 or higher. When this card destroys a monster by battle: Sunder all other monsters by the destroyed monster's original DEF. If this card is destroyed by your opponent (either by battle or card effect): You can Special Summon 1 of the monsters used for the Tribute summon of this card from the Graveyard.[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

A solid card, the effect will probably help you more than hurt you. It's interesting as it can either work solo (not sundering your own monsters) or with another one (equipping itself to another one of your mons when it dies)

[spoiler=My Entry]

xZdZXCX.jpg

[/spoiler]

It's a useful card no doubt, it's not a dead draw and can inflict serious damage when you're losing. It's an interesting boss, but I really don't like "this card cannot be sundered". If a deck has only sundering as monster removal, and we're trying to make it a weaker but more accessible version of 'destroy' that throws a wrench in the works.

[spoiler=Tinkerer]

[spoiler='Entry']ZkVPi7H.jpg

Lore:

This card may not be Normal Summoned or Set.  This card may not be Special Summoned unless you tribute all monsters you control (min 2).  For every monster tributed in the summon of this monster, you may activate this effect once: select a monster on the field then flip a coin.  If heads, the owner must tribute that monster.  Then they may special summon a monster from their hand (ignoring summoning conditions). Its effect is negated.  If this card is tributed for this effect, the summoned monster's effect is not negated.

[/spoiler][/spoiler]

A very interesting 'boss' that clears the field and can set yourself up for the 'real' boss. Don't get me wrong, I love this card - but it's too luck-based for this contest. That said, I'd really like to see it in a later set.

Placings

1st: (Nobility) Unyielding Hero King

2nd: (DivineDragonKnight) King of the New World

3rd: (Tinkerer) Atom Shifter

Final Comments

This contest is for set 1, but hey, there will be other sets, and (I think?) you can submit these cards then. There was something I liked about each of these cards :) Great job everyone!

Archived