Durarara!x2 Shou

Aix

67743.jpg

http://myanimelist.net/anime/23199/Durarara!!x2_Shou

I'm surprised no one has made the thread for this yet. First episode was okay, it was all over the place, no real direction and such. The message of "nothing changed" didn't really get through very well. However, nice to have lots of screentime with Celty~ I suppose it's a nice episode to sort of get back into this series, since the series has a lot to take in.

Imo, it's shaping up to be similar to the 1st season, and that's probably a good thing. If you rewatch the first 2(3?) episodes of S1 it actually has a similar method of storytelling. It feels like it's re-gathering the characters that you already know for the first episode (and maybe the next few to follow) so that you can reaffirm their personalities and feel at home with them again before most of the new ones arrive. as for the new OP, I like it, and the new ED is a great homage to the first ED.

It's actually quite loyal to the light novel version so far, at least, as much as I remember it. Celty dropping her money after being chased, Mikado having to take a junior to tour around Ikebukuro, the news about Shizuo's brother...

Can't remember for the life of me if all that happened in the same volume or if it were 3 separate volumes. But either way, so far, episode 1, I like it. The new OP isn't as good as OP1 from the previous season, but better than OP2. Not sure about the song itself though.

• 3 weeks later...

I watched the first 3 episodes yesterday.

Seems like it's back in top form. So far, Izaya's younger sisters are my favorite new characters because they're fun to watch. I'm also a fan of the opening and ending.

It'll be interesting that Durarara will now be a constant presence in my life up until I graduate college, given the next two cours will be shown every other season.

• 2 weeks later...

It's something that kinda bugs me a little about the anime since it's hard to tell but,

the one that types a lot in chat, Kyo, is Kururi, the quiet one with boobs. And San is Mairu the glasses.

Thanks for clearing that up, I had them mixed up. That makes things more interesting in retrospect actually, seeing her way more vocal online.

• 4 months later...

I really liked the most recent episode. It actually made Mika interesting to me.

AND IT ONLY TOOK THREE SEASONS

My problem with them is that I don't find any of them that compelling or likable. They're all kinda shitshows that only seem to influence each other and get influenced on by outside parties.

Archived