Ideal Banlist Tournament [Finished]

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Updated.

Tournament is over. But yeah, I don't think we have much to discuss right now because there were not enough "samples". We could begin a discussion if the participants post their decks and if possible a short report so those who didn't play/see the matches can understand more or less what went on. But even then, looking at the screenshots, apparently from the top tier decks the banlist addressed (Qlips, BA, Shaddolls), only 1 was actually tested, while Harpies somehow claimed victory, something that I didn't expect. Is Harpist just that good, or what happened?

After clearing things up, then we may continue with the requested Round Robin Round 2.

Updated.

Tournament is over. But yeah, I don't think we have much to discuss right now because there were not enough "samples". We could begin a discussion if the participants post their decks and if possible a short report so those who didn't play/see the matches can understand more or less what went on. But even then, looking at the screenshots, apparently from the top tier decks the banlist addressed (Qlips, BA, Shaddolls), only 1 was actually tested, while Harpies somehow claimed victory, something that I didn't expect. Is Harpist just that good, or what happened?

After clearing things up, then we may continue with the requested Round Robin Round 2.

in order for the next tournament to work you should have people use the decks you want to test, at least one of each otherwise people will use whatever and you wont get anything. 

i was going to use dolls but i wanted to test a gimmicky hieratic deck with valkyrus and brionac as an anti-otk engine so i lost.

in order for the next tournament to work you should have people use the decks you want to test, at least one of each otherwise people will use whatever and you wont get anything. 

I don't really want to enforce a list of "playable decks" in these tournaments because then players wouldn't be able to test their own creative decks, or decks that potentially could take the lead now that the big archetypes are out of the way after the nerfs (so to speak), but aren't on the list.

Anyways, with the hits on Qlips and BAs, I guess it's understandable why nobody chose to play them, which is fine because it means the have been hit in such way they are longer as strong as in TCG. As expected, other decks took the lead, but I didn't anticipate Harpies being among them. On the other hand, it appears that Shaddolls remained as a top pick, and I more or less get why:

First, even with the original Shaddoll Fusion Limited, they still have the Quick-Play AND the Equip Fusion at their disposal.

Then, the latest trends on Shaddolls have pushed them to drop their backrow in order to focus in Denko and/or faster plays; as such, players begain to run even Shadow Games at 1~2, if not none at all. Thus, the hit on the Trap barely affected these Shaddoll variants.

Finally, because of the DN format, they got access to the Seraph engine, plus Mask Changes for Dark Law plays.

Then again, I don't know which decks some of you played so I actually don't know if Qlips/BAs weren't in the tournament to begin with. I would like to see the decks before proceeding with the next round/tournament.

Archived