Ideal Banlist Tournament [Finished]

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Voltex, you be so silly! I might be departing YCM for a bit, but I still have a duelist's determination. I'll stick around for the tournament. Now whose up for getting their game on? And btw, good luck to everybody up against me!

EDIT: I didn't realize it was single elimination. I thought this was like the DP Tournament

Voltex, you be so silly! I might be departing YCM for a bit, but I still have a duelist's determination. I'll stick around for the tournament. Now whose up for getting their game on? And btw, good luck to everybody up against me!

EDIT: I didn't realize it was single elimination. I thought this was like the DP Tournament

I'm bored and available. wanna go? not as a part of the tournament, but just for the hell of it?

Sorry about that. I thought you were leaving so yeah. If there was another participant perhaps I could arrange a duel for you or something; at the very least I could join the tournament, but even then, I don't know how it would affect the current standings.

I agree, Round Robin sounds like a good idea. The problem is that usually Round Robin tournaments take weeks, if not months, to finish (see the DP tournament) and the idea is to make quick tournaments to keep people interested and get results faster to continue with the discussion in the main thread. However, in this case we have a low number of participants so in theory it shouldn't take too long.

I will try to re-arrange it into a Round Robin.

EDIT:

Actually, I will wait to read the thoughts of the rest of the participants first. Would be unfair to suddenly change the mechanics during the tournament when perhaps they only wanted to participate in Single Eliminations.

i kinda changed the deck i used because i thought i wouldnt have to use it again. do i have to change it back to how it was before or can i use the current version?

Now that's a bit inconvenient.
Thinking about it, I would rather make a 2nd tournament with Round Robin rules after concluding this one, than re-arranging the whole thing. So don't worry about this.

As far as I know, Deck changes are allowed as long as they don't violate the banlist.

Deck changes aren't allowed after the tournament begins. It would be unfair for the following opponents if players had the chance of fixing/optimizing their decks, or adjusting their side-decks, after the first match(es).

Archived