1. 1. Which team has the best piece?

Nw_CFXmatch3.png

rai_peanut_butter_sucks.png

nfingkd.png

Participants are:

Team Nightmare - Night x Tormented

Team Samurai - Smear x Rai

The Theme is: Two-tone

This is a collaboration based tagging tournament in which teams of two will put their graphic design and collaborative skills to the test in order to earn a prestigious award to showcase under their avatars for a shit ton of e-peen points.

Winning team progresses to the semi finals, losing team drops into the losers bracket.

Current standings: Tournament bracket.

Voting rules:

• Anyone can vote, you don't need any graphic design knowledge to do so, critique and analysis is appreciated but not a must, comments of any sort are favorable.
• Bribing or informing others of which submission is yours is not permitted and if found doing so, you will be banned from the graphic competitions section.

First to get 7 votes wins.

Good luck to both teams.

To be honest, I can't really see what 1 is supposed to be accomplishing. It's a bit dark for my tastes, but it does look more refined.

2 doesn't really pop towards me either, especially with the background and stuff, but at least I can see what it is.

Vote for 2 on the grounds that it's much more clear what it's supposed to be conveying; even if I'm not really a fan of the style used here.

Oh gosh first comment from someone who doesn't art, hold me I'm scared.

Umm...Let's see. Well 1 is way too dark and hard to really...see much. But once I get past that it does look well made and....cleaner? idk if that's the right term.

2 pops more but it also...seems messy. The image in the middle looks almost slapped on and the thing on the right side just looks off.

Sooo, 1 gets it for me.

I almost want to guess who did which but I won't....partially cause I don't want to look like an idiot.

#1 gmv

Not an expert on these things but I want to drop comments anyways.

At first glance #1 appears to be too bland because of the darkness, but then when you pay closer attention you can see there is actually stuff in there, such as that person next to the emblem. That made it more interesting than just "dark with a couple of red lights" in my opinion.

As for #2, I don't know how to explain this, but in a way the character doesn't mix with the tag, and looks like it was just copy/pasted over it. I mean, it looks way too realistic compared to the rest of the tag with its sharp lines and all of that. Then, the blue "box" thing at the right of the tag looks kinda random/out of place.

Archived