[MtG] I'd rather sleep.

Forest Fire

lSnJy5g.png
1WU
Bestow 1WUU
Sloth (During your untap step, flip a coin. If it is tails, it doesn't untap this untap step unless you pay its mana cost.)
Enchanted creature gets +3/+4 and has sloth.
When ~ enters the battlefield, if it is an Aura, tap enchanted creature.
3/4

[spoiler Regular Enchantment Version]EQBIu6O.png

{1}{w}{u}{u}

Enchanted creature has sloth. [/spoiler]

[spoiler V1]KyBLsAb.png
{3}{w}{u}
Corrupted Angel, Sloth
Enchantment Creature- Fallen Angel
Bestow {4}{w}{u}{u}
Enchanted creature has sloth. (If a creature with sloth is tapped, during it's controller's upkeep, that player must flip a coin. If the result is heads the creature is untapped, if the result is tails it remains tapped.)

Sooo.... yeah.. idk.[/spoiler]

I am not even going to bother with templating for 'sloth'. For now I will mention that the current wording actually allows it to untap more often than if it did not have it.

'Fallen Angel' is not a subtype. The correct typing would simply be 'Angel'

If sloth prevents the untapping like I can only assume it would, this card is... Terrible. A 7-mana investment should win you the game, not slow down a creature and grant you with a 3/4 when the creature dies.

Furthermore, for this to work like other Bestow cards, it should grant +3/+4, and the creature itself should have Sloth as well.

I am not even going to bother with templating for 'sloth'. For now I will mention that the current wording actually allows it to untap more often than if it did not have it.

'Fallen Angel' is not a subtype. The correct typing would simply be 'Angel'

If sloth prevents the untapping like I can only assume it would, this card is... Terrible. A 7-mana investment should win you the game, not slow down a creature and grant you with a 3/4 when the creature dies.

Furthermore, for this to work like other Bestow cards, it should grant +3/+4, and the creature itself should have Sloth as well.

http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Fallen_angel#Fallen_Angels

Now for that ninja...

*Edit*

Usually, a creature with bestow would have the same abilities that it's bestowing, and it also grants the bestowed creature its P/T.

We're spending a whopping 7 mana for a possibility of the enchanted creature not untapping. It doesn't even tap the creature on bestow. I'd rather play Claustrophobia, or, well, Sleep.

The P/T gain was mentioned by Giga and will be edited.

{3}{w}{u}
Corrupted Angel, Sloth
Enchantment Creature- Fallen Angel

Sloth

Bestow {4}{w}{u}{u}
Enchanted creature has sloth and gets +3/+4. Tap enchanted creature. (This creature does not untap during it's controller's upkeep unless they flip a coin and the result is heads; also that player must pay the enchanted creature's mana cost.)

As a note, creatures do not untap during the upkeep. They untap during the untap step, which takes place before the upkeep.

Also, as for fallen angel as a subtype, I would love for you to show me any actual card ever printed with 'fallen' in its subtype. I just checked so that you couldn't prove me wrong, it does not exist. Even if an angel has fallen, it is still an Angel.

{3}{w}{u}
Corrupted Angel, Sloth
Enchantment Creature- Angel
Sloth
Bestow {4}{w}{u}{u}
Enchanted creature has sloth and gets +3/+4. Tap enchanted creature. (This creature does not untap during it's controller's untap step unless they flip a coin and the result is heads; also that player must pay the enchanted creature's mana cost.)

Since it has a name (and i now have some room), shouldn't it be a Legendary?

If you want it to be playable, let alone legendary, we'll need a good reason for someone to even play it, both as a creature and as a bestowed aura.

As a bestow, the downside it weighs the creature with has to be worth the P/T boost. Sloth only gives a 50% chance of the creature untapping, and it's far from ideal when we're boosting an opponent's creature. As mentioned before, I would rather cast Claustrophobia for this job.

As a creature, you get a 3/4 for 5 mana - also not very efficient unless we see some good ability to offset it. But it's got sloth that bogs down its playability. The Journey to Nyx downside-bestows offer relatively cheap creature and bestow costs to offset their downsides as a creature and the P/T boost as an aura.

If you want it to be playable, let alone legendary, we'll need a good reason for someone to even play it, both as a creature and as a bestowed aura.

As a bestow, the downside it weighs the creature with has to be worth the P/T boost. Sloth only gives a 50% chance of the creature untapping, and it's far from ideal when we're boosting an opponent's creature. As mentioned before, I would rather cast Claustrophobia for this job.

As a creature, you get a 3/4 for 5 mana - also not very efficient unless we see some good ability to offset it. But it's got sloth that bogs down its playability. The Journey to Nyx downside-bestows offer relatively cheap creature and bestow costs to offset their downsides as a creature and the P/T boost as an aura.

If I dropped the rarity down to uncommon or even common and made it a Legendary Creature, maybe dropped the Bestow by {3} and the cast by {2}?

(This creature does not untap during it's controller's untap step unless they flip a coin and the result is heads; also that player must pay the enchanted creature's mana cost.)

It's 50/50, plus the player basically has to lose a turn (of casting) unless they have a lot of lands that act as multiple mana colors or gets more than 1 land out in their turn some how. I could make it that they have to flip 2 coins and get 2 heads. or 2 coins 1 head.

So, let's see what it will look like now:

1WU

Bestow 1WUU

Sloth (During your untap step, flip a coin. If it is tails, it doesn't untap this untap step unless you pay its mana cost.)

Enchanted creature gets +3/+4 and has sloth.

When ~ enters the battlefield, if it is an Aura, tap enchanted creature.

3/4

Well, this is how I interpret the latest version of sloth, and it starts to feel a bit like a chance-based version of Singing Bell Strike.

It is fine. But weak, and there is no point for the card to be a creature. You could just make it an enchantment and have it cost UW. Also, Fallen Angel isn't a registered creature type to appear on a card.

The second or so edit fixed the 'fallen angel' bit.

I don't really think the name or art really fits with the idea of an enchantment. If I find something, then I'll gladly make an aura version. 

Archived