[CFV] GBT03: Sovereign Dragon Stars

Althemia

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shadow Paladin
Link Joker
Gold Paladin

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Hype as fuck.

2 weeks cannot go sooner.

• 3 weeks later...

For me, obviously the Messiah Jokers are the biggest hype in this set. While I'll still wait to see what kind of cards does the structure has, if they are fitting me also gameplay-wise (since the art is just pure awesomeness), I'll build them. The whole lore about them is just nice.

Murakumo... eh. I'd rather get some support for my Nubatamas.

I couldn't care less about Dark Irregulars to be honest. But there are lots of fans of this deck, I can tell it.

Gold Paladin, I REALLY wonder what kind of support do they get since they have so much potential to be good again. (Like how much potential did the Bluish Flame had lore wise and gameplay wise, but naah, they had to make them Liberators) A new playstyle would benefit them surely.

Shadow Paladin, I wonder if it is new units of supporting the Legend deck of Ren.

Kagero... I hope it is not "Dragonic Overlord and his Friends show" again. The "Chinese Dragons" has some potential to be good, but they still need some cards to be honest.

(Like how much potential did the Bluish Flame had lore wise and gameplay wise, but naah, they had to make them Liberators) A new playstyle would benefit them surely.

Because it makes sense for them to be Liberators? Also, Blue Flame Liberator is a fantastic deck. So I'm not really sure what potential is being missed gameplay wise. Speaking of Murakumo, I was talking with Koko a few days back and she came to the same agreement that I did, there needs to be a deck that messes with the opponent's board positions, and I think Murakumo would be best suited to that. I mean, currently I feel they are actually one of the most meh clans in the game, Kagurabloom is actually extremely fantastic, but that's about it. I'm really hoping this Magatsu Storm Legion actually is something new for Murakumo, since I actually hate their mechanic, I feel it's ridiculously weak in comparison to other clans. 

As for Kagero, Dragonic Overlord has a new stride in FC2015, so more than likely there might be another wave of support for him. Also, at this point, any Kagero deck that isn't an Overlord deck tends to fall flat on it's face because of cards like Dragonic Burnout, especially in a Stride era. Also, Shadow Paladin cards will be busted because SHADOW PALADIN. Literally has the best starter in the game.

Speaking of Murakumo, I was talking with Koko a few days back and she came to the same agreement that I did, there needs to be a deck that messes with the opponent's board positions, and I think Murakumo would be best suited to that. I mean, currently I feel they are actually one of the most meh clans in the game, Kagurabloom is actually extremely fantastic, but that's about it. I'm really hoping this Magatsu Storm Legion actually is something new for Murakumo, since I actually hate their mechanic, I feel it's ridiculously weak in comparison to other clans. 

While opinions are definitely opinions and I can't argue with how you feel it has been my experience that Murakumo is one of most underrated clans because it excels so good at defense that it is perceived as weak. In my experience No matter which Murakumo deck you play you should excel in the long game and live long enough to out resource any deck. Sure KaguraBloom is great, but by that extension Hyakki Vogue + Metamorphfox is amazing, Seimei and Kuzunoha are exactly what Murakumo do best. Hand advantage by conserving hand and making full columns out of 1cb. 

The clan has an excellent match-ups against the vast majority of all the anti-rearguard clans so I'm curious as to what makes them weak.

Honestly I'm gambling on a crimson clone where you can do the limit break of storm for free and that is probably the worst it could be for this whole legacy legion.

While opinions are definitely opinions and I can't argue with how you feel it has been my experience that Murakumo is one of most underrated clans because it excels so good at defense that it is perceived as weak. In my experience No matter which Murakumo deck you play you should excel in the long game and live long enough to out resource any deck. Sure KaguraBloom is great, but by that extension Hyakki Vogue + Metamorphfox is amazing, Seimei and Kuzunoha are exactly what Murakumo do best. Hand advantage by conserving hand and making full columns out of 1cb. 

The clan has an excellent match-ups against the vast majority of all the anti-rearguard clans so I'm curious as to what makes them weak.

Honestly I'm gambling on a crimson clone where you can do the limit break of storm for free and that is probably the worst it could be for this whole legacy legion.

It's just not a very interesting mechanic. Murakumo roughly boils down to wailing on the opponent with vanillas that call additional copies of themselves. That's not what I call "Stealthy", that's what I call boring. Neo Nectar does it better and they have nill to do with "Stealth" and "Secrecy", so what's Murakumo's excuse for being one of the most vanilla clans in the game? What do Murakumo do? Superior call units? Oh cool, let's just look at the 4 other clans that do this consistently better. They focus on defence? Instead of restricting my opponent's board, burning off rearguards and having a natural power boost on my Vanguard, I instead have my terrible underpowered rearguards return to my hand at the end of my turn, or in worse cases, shuffle themselves back into the deck.

What is the actual point of that? The rearguards dodge removal, but honestly, are most Murakumo rearguards worth removing? The clan needs something to make it more interesting. That's why I said column switching. This would give Murakumo several things that tie them in with their fellow Dragon Empire clans and actually make them have the potential to be anything other than utter trash.

1) Dragon Empire clans tend to be designed around disrupting the opponent. Kagero and Narukami are birds of a feather, but Narukami is more focused on burst and Kagero is more focused on retiring. Nubatama kills your hand. Tachikaze is the odd one out, but it still involves killing rearguards in one way or another, just not theirs. This leaves Murakumo, who have not a single way to deal with rearguards at all. What we can say is their mechanic is more akin to their in-lore enemies - the United Sanctuary's Paladin clans. Isn't that just ridiculous from a flavour standpoint? They are more like their enemies than they are their allies. It doesn't feel very stealthy to just call a bunch of RGs and wail on them. 

2) Switching the column can represent a few things. One, assassination of the booster. This is actually something I expect of Ninjas, and Nubatama basically got it by killing RGs before they hit the board. Two, striking from behind, another thing I expect of Ninjas. Instead we get a turtle-y clan, what does that have to do with Ninjas? Ninjas were assassins, not fully armoured knights standing in the centre of a battle, the focus on defence makes little sense.

3) This would actually make Murakumo much stronger, as your backline is no longer safe against them. Again, you said you're gambling for a Crimson clone. Why would you want to gimp a clan you hail so highly? Do you not wish to see Murakumo take on it's own, unique identity that isn't shared by 4 other clans that ironically, all have different identities as clans, yet manage to do very similar things? 

Think of this like Oracles and Genesis. The two clans are clearly distinguishable, as are Kagero and Narukami. If you show me a bunch of Murakumo cards without telling me their clan, I'd actually immediately put them down as Paladin cards before even thinking of Murakumo. Is that not a game design flaw in itself? The only reason I remember this clan exists is because of how miserable it's existence is. 

It's just not a very interesting mechanic. Murakumo roughly boils down to wailing on the opponent with vanillas that call additional copies of themselves. That's not what I call "Stealthy", that's what I call boring. Neo Nectar does it better and they have nill to do with "Stealth" and "Secrecy", so what's Murakumo's excuse for being one of the most vanilla clans in the game? What do Murakumo do? Superior call units? Oh cool, let's just look at the 4 other clans that do this consistently better. They focus on defence? Instead of restricting my opponent's board, burning off rearguards and having a natural power boost on my Vanguard, I instead have my terrible underpowered rearguards return to my hand at the end of my turn, or in worse cases, shuffle themselves back into the deck.

What is the actual point of that? The rearguards dodge removal, but honestly, are most Murakumo rearguards worth removing? The clan needs something to make it more interesting. That's why I said column switching. This would give Murakumo several things that tie them in with their fellow Dragon Empire clans and actually make them have the potential to be anything other than utter trash.

1) Dragon Empire clans tend to be designed around disrupting the opponent. Kagero and Narukami are birds of a feather, but Narukami is more focused on burst and Kagero is more focused on retiring. Nubatama kills your hand. Tachikaze is the odd one out, but it still involves killing rearguards in one way or another, just not theirs. This leaves Murakumo, who have not a single way to deal with rearguards at all. What we can say is their mechanic is more akin to their in-lore enemies - the United Sanctuary's Paladin clans. Isn't that just ridiculous from a flavour standpoint? They are more like their enemies than they are their allies. It doesn't feel very stealthy to just call a bunch of RGs and wail on them. 

2) Switching the column can represent a few things. One, assassination of the booster. This is actually something I expect of Ninjas, and Nubatama basically got it by killing RGs before they hit the board. Two, striking from behind, another thing I expect of Ninjas. Instead we get a turtle-y clan, what does that have to do with Ninjas? Ninjas were assassins, not fully armoured knights standing in the centre of a battle, the focus on defence makes little sense.

3) This would actually make Murakumo much stronger, as your backline is no longer safe against them. Again, you said you're gambling for a Crimson clone. Why would you want to gimp a clan you hail so highly? Do you not wish to see Murakumo take on it's own, unique identity that isn't shared by 4 other clans that ironically, all have different identities as clans, yet manage to do very similar things? 

Think of this like Oracles and Genesis. The two clans are clearly distinguishable, as are Kagero and Narukami. If you show me a bunch of Murakumo cards without telling me their clan, I'd actually immediately put them down as Paladin cards before even thinking of Murakumo. Is that not a game design flaw in itself? The only reason I remember this clan exists is because of how miserable it's existence is. 

1. Dragon Empire is the nation of manipulating rearguards Kagero and Narukami disrupt your opponents aggressively while Tachikaze and Murakumo manipulate their own rearguards. As for whether its stealthy or not that is completely your opinion, for it seems perfectly logical for ninjas to appear out of nowhere, swing and run away before you have the opportunity to hit them back.

2) As for the fact that other clans can superior clan. Neo Nectar is best at Superior calling sure, but there isn't another clan that can create 2 full columns off of one counterblast and on top of that do it repeatedly. That is more than enough to make Murakumo unique. In my eyes at least.

3) While that is an interesting gimmick and it would be nice for Murkamo to do something additional to what they already do. I'm just not in agreement that their existing mechanic is garbage.

In short you remember the clan for a different reason than I do and while I did ask why you considered them weak I think it is just easier to agree to disagree. I've never had a hard time winning/being competitive (when the scales are fair in terms of cards being released) with Murakumo and it is a clan I hail. I said at its worse the Legacy legion would be a crimson clone. Which would be great for the set because Magatsu Ride chain pressure is one of the most imposing ride chains out there.

Because it makes sense for them to be Liberators? Also, Blue Flame Liberator is a fantastic deck. So I'm not really sure what potential is being missed gameplay wise. Speaking of Murakumo, I was talking with Koko a few days back and she came to the same agreement that I did, there needs to be a deck that messes with the opponent's board positions, and I think Murakumo would be best suited to that. I mean, currently I feel they are actually one of the most meh clans in the game, Kagurabloom is actually extremely fantastic, but that's about it. I'm really hoping this Magatsu Storm Legion actually is something new for Murakumo, since I actually hate their mechanic, I feel it's ridiculously weak in comparison to other clans. 

As for Kagero, Dragonic Overlord has a new stride in FC2015, so more than likely there might be another wave of support for him. Also, at this point, any Kagero deck that isn't an Overlord deck tends to fall flat on it's face because of cards like Dragonic Burnout, especially in a Stride era. Also, Shadow Paladin cards will be busted because SHADOW PALADIN. Literally has the best starter in the game.

They are different gameplay-wise. The original GPs and Liberators only checked the top of the deck, making it a "high risk, high reward" deck that can easily plus, but sometimes that card advantage wouldn't be quality adv., just quantity adv. With the introduction of Blazing Paladins, they dropped this mentality and they went with a Musketeer-esque playstyle that even though will call another unit for free, now you can check 3 cards instead of just the top deck to call that, which makes a difference. Also, the open place requirement that GP had in the beginning is not included anymore. The only cards that are included (or, *should be included*) in a Bluish Flame deck are cards that are new Liberators released in BT-16 & BT-17 (which makes them technically "Bluish Flame" cards instead of pure Liberators) and the old stuff that gain *advantage* of calling units from the deck (like Bruno). Or generic cards like 10k beaters (Marron).

Also the Bluish Flame cards just look too awesome to mashup with some lame looking cards like Bruno, Gerraint, and other stuff.

But that's just my opinion. It would be more awesome just for deck building purpose if they were only Bluish Flame cards and not Liberators, as they could work with any other Gold Paladins, not just them. 

• 2 weeks later...

2MNRTZf.png

Amon's Follower, Hell's Nail
Grade 2 / Dark Irregular / 9000 Power / 5000 Shield
[AUTO](RC) [Counter Blast 1 card with "Amon" in it's card name] When this unit attacks a vanguard, you may pay the cost. If you do, Soul Charge 3

I can see this being nearly staple worthy tbh. Also with that GBT03 spoiler season has officially started.

unjGSyn.png

Divine Dragon Knight, Mustafa
Grade 4 / Kagero / 15000+ Power
Stride
[ACT](VC) Once Per Turn [Counter Blast 1 & Choose a face down card from your G zone, and turn it face up] Choose one of your opponent's rear-guards, and retire it. Then, for each face up card named "Divine Dragon Knight, Mustafa" on your G zone, choose one of your unit, until end of turn, that unit gets "[AUTO](VC/RC) When this units attack hits a vanguard, choose a card from your damage zone and turn it face up."

First RRR of the set... meh? It's okay.

unjGSyn.png

Divine Dragon Knight, Mustafa
Grade 4 / Kagero / 15000+ Power
Stride
[ACT](VC) Once Per Turn [Counter Blast 1 & Choose a face down card from your G zone, and turn it face up] Choose one of your opponent's rear-guards, and retire it. Then, for each face up card named "Divine Dragon Knight, Mustafa" on your G zone, choose one of your unit, until end of turn, that unit gets "[AUTO](VC/RC) When this units attack hits a vanguard, choose a card from your damage zone and turn it face up."

First RRR of the set... meh? It's okay.

Wow, it is so bad for a triple rare. >_> The only combo I can imagine is with Blizza. (Use Blizza, unflip Mustafa. Next turn, stride Mustafa, use its effect to unflip Mustafa, then you have 3 Mustafas face-up.)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived