Struggle of Powers II (IC/Still Accepting)

Jake the Sage

With his same tactics that always failed did so, unsurprisingly, yet again, Destined changed strategy. “I must admit reconstruction has been going slower than expected. We have not met the goals I set for my new country when I was granted control. We are far behind.”

granted isn't the word I would use... Zack thought, this time careful to keep it to himself.

“The North is always welcome to lend supplies,” Lady Kyou suggested again; supplies, not men. The conversation continued on for several more minutes until Destined made a rather surprising statement.

“Well this is unexpected,” Anne thought only loud enough for Zack, Sieko, and Lora to hear, “Destined is actually asking for help.”

Yes well, I don't buy into it at all. It's almost as if he is stalling for time or just messing around. Zack responded, deciding to maintain his intelligent image, if only to prolong his life a bit longer in the tense situation.

“I don’t trust him,” Lora replied scowling at the Southern leader with his head still held low.

I agree with the hot flying girl on this one. Zack chimed in yet again, hoping to score a few bonus points with Lora.

"Agreed. Stay alert though..."  Zack heard Seiko respond, taking note of his new partner's tensing motions as he continued to watch alongside him. Zack didn't like the fact that the debate was getting a little riled up either. Everyone heard Lady Kyou's response, Zack thought it was a little harsh, if only because those supplies never really reached those who needed them,...but Destined also seemed all too relaxed, as he stood up from his chair.

The leader of the Southern Empire was cut short when the entire room they were currently in shook violently, knocking everyone to the ground.

Zack was quick to get back to a crouched stance, two throwing knives making their way into his left hand, which was raised in a defensive posture as he surveyed the room. He took note of Seiko taking command of the guards and ordering them to Lady Kyou's side. Knowing that diplomacy was about to fall, Zack turned slightly towards Seiko, maintaining his guard.

"If the guards are going to protect Lady Kyou, it's up to us to protect the rest of the delegation. I hope you know your way around a fight, because I'm almost positive that wasn't an earthquake."

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“Well this is unexpected,” Anne thought only loud enough for Zack, Sieko, and Lora to hear, “Destined is actually asking for help.”

“Yes well, I don't buy into it at all. It's almost as if he is stalling for time or just messing around.” Zack responded, deciding to maintain his intelligent image, if only to prolong his life a bit longer in the tense situation.

“I don’t trust him,” Lora replied scowling at the Southern leader with his head still held low.

“I agree with the hot flying girl on this one.” Zack chimed in yet again, hoping to score a few bonus points with Lora. All Lora did was glance at Zack before rolling her eyes in disgust- Anne, though, found Zack hitting on her best friend funny enough that she started to giggle. This only caused Lora to glare at her best friend when she heard the amused laughter. “Oh will you . . . that’s not even funny.”

“Agreed; stay alert . . .” Seiko thought to Lora, his fists clenched tightly as he continued to watch the negotiations.

“Do you honestly believe I believe your story much less would willingly give you troops to command even if it was?” Lady Kyou coldly responded. She would aid the South if his story was true. Have Kallen go out and help fend of the Western raiders, but never until her death would she give him command of any Supers.

I know you would not,” Destined replied standing up in his chair, a grin on his face, “That’s why-”

The leader of the Southern Empire was cut short when the entire room they were currently in shook violently, knocking everyone to the ground. Seiko was the first to get back to his feet and looked around the room. Nothing had been drastically altered, a few chairs knocked over and dust from the ceiling had loosened enough to fall onto the conference table, but no cracks in the walls or anything.

“You!" he yelled, as he pointed to a few guards slowly getting back up, “Keep Lady Kyou protected at all times, ASAP!"

Cassie and the other guard, who had been issued orders to guard the door from the outside, had entered the room the moment the entire building shook to make sure that Lady Kyou was unharmed. Naturally when they came in and had someone start shouting orders at them their immediate response was to salute, completely forgetting the boy shouting orders had no actual authority, and did what they had been told- running over beside Lady Kyou and looking as ready as they’d ever be to fight an oncoming threat.

"If the guards are going to protect Lady Kyou, it's up to us to protect the rest of the delegation. I hope you know your way around a fight, because I'm almost positive that wasn't an earthquake."

“What the Hell was that!?” Micco shouted as he picked himself up off the ground only to have another violent tremor knock him back on the ground, “Damn it!” The scene outside the large hole Lora and Sieko had created had changed drastically. Before the streets were filled with citizens enjoying themselves and having a grand festival; now many buildings were gone, fires had broken out everywhere, and the screaming of the people below could be heard even this high up.

Micco’s question was answered when another building disappeared in a violent explosion, toppling over and quickly being followed by another explosion almost across the city. From her spot at the table Lady Kyou could barely make out what was happening past the bodies crowded around the giant hole. Yet barely making the scene out was more than enough for her.

“Kallen! Take everyone you can and start putting out those fires!”

Out of his chair and calmly walking past the woman from the north, Destined pushed everyone aside and took in a deep breath. As he inhaled the fires that were raging grew in intensity. Each inhale caused the fires to grow before the Southern leader threw both arms out and raised them along with every fragment of flame in the city into the air. He gave a single mocking glance back at Lady Kyou, illuminated by another explosion, “Foolish woman, place your subordinates in better places.”

Lady Kyou nodded, “Very well. I need everyone here to go and rescue as many people as you can. If you find the people who did this then try not to kill them . . . that is my job. Norman, stay here and act as communication between everyone.”

“Yes ma’am!” Norman shouted. Placing her hand on the floor, Lady Kyou let ice shoot throughout the building, stabilizing it, and out into the streets to try and keep the buildings that had already been damaged from toppling before her friends could reach them. As the last of the group supposedly left, neither leader was in the present of mind to check, a golden eagle flew past the hole, her mind shouting to her beloved leader, “Lord Destined! The Northern Wall has multiple portions collapsed! Worse, sir, I’ve spotted Western Raiders beyond the wall heading towards the city!”

Crap. Kyle thought as he stared at the buff figure before him.  His aura was shifting from a lighthearted yellow to a deep rouge.  It was the same color that his aura often took.  He appeared to be talking to someone, but no one was there.  Mental contact?

“Sorry that was rude.” Kyle’s mind snapped back into reality.  The last he saw of the man’s aura was a deep root of blood red.  Murderous intent.  “Won’t happen again. So since I have some time to kill . . .” it seemed as though this guy had emphasized the word

“kill”…

Kyle lost no time.  Before the guy could do anything, Kyle detached his hands and his arms from his torso.  He also split his feet off his legs by the ankles and detached his legs by the thigh.  These detachments he made sure to keep so thin that no one could tell that he wasn’t actually whole.

The man made his first move.  Slamming his foot into the ground, the man caused the ground to shake and spread fissures around the street.  People began tripping and falling as they tried to escape the two combatants, fleeing what had been a lovely scene just a few minutes ago.

“Don’t die too quickly on me man! I want to have some fun before I get to work!”  the man said, digging his fingers into the ground and hurling a slab of concrete at the unmoving Kyle.

Now!

As the rock hurled towards him, the man was blind to his actions.  Letting his arms, legs and feet fly to the sides to avoid the boulder, Kyle’s hands flew to his back and grabbed on to his wrappings, hoisting him into the air.  Flying in this manner was strange.  He could not do it with his full body, since it was too heavy, but only when his limbs were detached.  It left him vulnerable if the enemy could get a hold of one of his detached limbs, but usually they wouldn’t be ready for an attack from above.

He saw the slab of concrete hurl into his motorcycle.  Another ounce of crap on the growing pile… he thought, gritting his teeth.  At least he won’t suspect my aerial paralysis, but what then?  He’d left Master & Expert, his blades, at home and weariness from his all-night job was starting to get to him.  This is gonna end up a stalemate…

“Very well. I need everyone here to go and rescue as many people as you can. If you find the people who did this then try not to kill them . . . that is my job. Norman, stay here and act as communication between everyone.”

Seiko cursed under his breath, as he heard Lady Kyou say this. He didn't want to leave her here with this psychotic man, Destined, but he knew that if he didn't, the civilians wouldn't make it.

"Lady Kyou! I prefer not to leave your side...but nevertheless, I will do what is necessary." Seiko said, giving Lady Kyou a quick nod as he turned to face the hole in the wall, before turning to Zack. "Your coming with me. We need to keep the anything from happening to the people." Then he quickly looked back at Norman for a moment. "Norman, if anything happens, call me immediately." And with that, he rushed out of the hole in the wall, and landed onto the ground, before rushing around the city below, seeing if there was any way he could save the civilians here.

It was a few moments, but Seiko was met on the ground with screaming people, panicking because of the events that transpired. He couldn't bare to see the destruction that was befalling this fine city...it pained him so.

"Help! Please!!"

Seiko heard this voice loud and clear, as he saw an older woman running towards him, she smelt like smoke and her face and clothes were covered in soot.

"My son...he's stuck...our house is burning..." she cried as Seiko nodded, seeing where the woman pointed.

At once, the young man rushed towards the burning house, bursting through the door and entering the burning building. It was difficult, but he did his best to navigate through the fiery halls, before hearing the small coughs from a closet. Seiko ripped the door off, quite literally, as he saw the scared boy sitting there, crying.

"C'mon little guy..." Seiko said, as he grabbed the child and held him in his arms, before rushing towards a wall...

On the outside, the house was almost completely on fire and hope for the young boy was growing slim. Just then, a loud crash was heard, as from the wall, Seiko fell and landed on his feet, holding the young boy in his arms. The mother was overjoyed as she rushed to Seiko, after he let the young boy down.

That was one family saved...but he still had his work cut out for him.

• 2 weeks later...

Very well. I need everyone here to go and rescue as many people as you can. If you find the people who did this then try not to kill them . . . that is my job. Norman, stay here and act as communication between everyone.”

Zack looked around as all the supers sprang into action, deftly and swiftly moving through the hole in the wall out into the city to assist in the rescue of innocent lives. He turned to Seiko just as he shouted; "Lady Kyou! I prefer not to leave your side...but nevertheless, I will do what is necessary." Seiko then turned to Zack. "Your coming with me. We need to keep anything from happening to the people." Then, without giving Zack a chance to respond, he looked back at Norman, yelled, And with that, zoomed out of the hole in the wall, and out of sight.

Everyone here knows I'm not a super right? I don't have any power that lets me fly out of holes into the city...

As the room emptied, Zack scanned the area outside the hole for a moment, seeing Seiko carry a child from a nearby burning building, before hearing a mental roar that instinctively had him reaching for a few throwing darts,  “Lord Destined! The Northern Wall has multiple portions collapsed! Worse, sir, I’ve spotted Western Raiders beyond the wall heading towards the city!”

Western raiders!?

Zack had encountered these attacks before, but they had always been scattered and easily repealed. He turned to Lady Kyou, his gaze now one of utter seriousness.

"Lady Kyou, you and the remaining delegates must re-locate to a safer location. If the wall really has been breached, then this entire area is dangerous. Kallen, Seiko and the others can rescue the people out there, if you will permit me a little trust, I suggest we move our location to a less obvious target." 

Norman, where is the nearest safehouse outside of the city? I suspect that the enemy is targeting Lady Kyou and Lord Destined. The attack on the city is a mere distraction meant to reduce the number of guards here. We need to move!

“Yes ma’am!”

Lora, Anne, and all of the others that hadn’t been ordered to remain left as fast as they possibly would. Those with powers that could survive the drop out of the large hole in the wall did so, though Lora merely flew out into the open skies, yet those who couldn’t exit through the large doors that had been opened slightly from the explosions. Only a few people remained in the room still, one of them being Seiko, who cursed under his breath, “Lady Kyou! I’d prefer not to leave your side . . . but I’ll do what is necessary.”

Seiko gave Lady Kyou a quick nod, she returning the gesture, before turning to Zack. "Come on! We need to keep the anything from happening to the people. Norman, if anything happens, call me immediately.”

“Everyone here knows I'm not a super right? I don't have any power that lets me fly out of holes into the city . . .” Zack thought after Seiko had bounded out of the hole in the wall, leaving him alone with the two leaders and Norman. 

“Lord Destined! The Northern Wall has multiple portions collapsed! Worse, sir, I’ve spotted Western Raiders beyond the wall heading towards the city!” a golden eagle shouted through everyone’s mind as it flew by the window, circling just outside of the hole and with each tight pass filling in the details of how many and how well equipped the Western forces were.

“Lady Kyou,” Zack said turning to the Northern Leader, “you and the remaining delegates must re-locate to a safer location. If the wall really has been breached, then this entire area is dangerous. Kallen, Seiko and the others can rescue the people out there, if you will permit me a little trust, I suggest we move our location to a less obvious target.”

“Norman, where is the nearest safe house outside of the city? I suspect that the enemy is targeting Lady Kyou and Lord Destined. The attack on the city is a mere distraction meant to reduce the number of guards here. We need to move!”

“T-There isn’t any safe house outside of the city,” Norman said, his voice a bit higher from panic at the thought of Western Forces entering the city. Lady Kyou merely remained at the opening of the hole and slightly turned to look at Zack, “My Great Grandfather, the Legendary of the North, had made this singular city with the desire that any Super can come and live peacefully. For ages there has never been any need for other cities, as no forces have ever been able to invade or even damage the walls.”

“But now it seems,” Destined began standing upright and pulling his arms back against his body so that the flames he had been holding above the city slowly ran through the air live a river. The Southern Leader’s red eyes looked directly at Zack, “We’ve let a rat into our courtroom . . .”

“Psychic, did this human hold any hatred towards our kind?” Destined prepared to unleash a torrent of fire at the possible human spy, Kyou herself ready to attack. Norman stepped back. He had read Zack’s mind, deeper than he normally would, and knew Zack had hatred for a certain Super. “I don’t think he hates our kind . . . but he does hate you . . .”

“Close enough,” Destined snapped his fingers, allowing the friction to send flames at the human enemy.

[hr]

“C'mon little guy,” Seiko grabbed the child from underneath the rubble and held him in his arms before rushing through the collapsing building- barely making it out before the entire structure collapsed. The boy’s mother rushed to her son and too him Seiko, cradling him while tears ran down her dirty face, “Thank you! T-Thank you!!”

The two began to run from the collapsed building towards the main government building that Seiko had just come from. Yet the moment the mother and son disappeared behind one of the still intact buildings Seiko could hear them scream. Then the sound of something breaking along with hysterical laughter as a nun slowly walked into view. The nun’s clothing was covered in blood, dirt, and other filth- but as an explosion illuminated everything behind her what stood out most were the mangled bodies that were being held by tentacle extensions which jutted out from her back.

“Oh wow another person to play with,” the nun said through her laughter, her smile wide and filled with a sick joy. Releasing the freshly mashed corpses of the two Seiko had just rescued the nun raised both appendages, coiling them back in order to strike, “Play with me!”

As the nun prepared to charge forward and strike a huge boulder slammed her into and through of a building. A moment later a large, muscular man landed on the ground as well hard enough to leave a small impact in the solid concrete floor. Coughing he peered up when the nun shoved the boulder off of her, brused but still alive. “Ah, hey Lia! Sorry about the rock.”

“Damn it Trent you nearly killed me!” Lia shouted.

“Hey not my fault,” Trent countered on his feet and motioning to the arriving enemy, “This guy’s tougher than I thought he’d be. At least tough in the sense I haven’t been able to kill him.”

“And I suppose you’ve just been fighting one guy instead of doing your job, hu?” Lia spat blood then wiped the corner of her mouth. They had caused enough chaos in the Northern capital, as per order, and killed a lot of citizens but they hadn’t managed to achieve their mission yet.

And they didn’t have a lot of time left either.

[hr]

“Damn it I said stop!” Lora shouted trying to catch the enemy she had been chasing since Anne had to leave. An explosion back where Kyou and Destined were worried both of them and, deciding together, Anne decided that since she her powers focused on defense she’d be better off going to support Kyou and ensure nothing happened to her.

It was shortly after that Lora spotted someone killing people by making their heads explode. The person was just calmly walking around amongst the chaos and every time their hands even brushed against something it exploded a few seconds later. “Whoever that is has to be behind the explosions,” Lora affirmed and after stupidly shouting for her to stop the person ran.

Now Lora flew as close as she could to grab the person without getting touched herself.
It didn’t help that every time she came remotely close to getting the enemy something exploded near her face, forcing her to back away.

“Psychic, did this human hold any hatred towards our kind?” Destined prepared to unleash a torrent of fire at the possible human spy, Kyou herself ready to attack. Norman stepped back. He had read Zack’s mind, deeper than he normally would, and knew Zack had hatred for a certain Super. “I don’t think he hates our kind . . . but he does hate you . . .”

“Close enough,” Destined snapped his fingers, allowing the friction to send flames at the human enemy.

The Southern leader hadn't even finished his sentence before Zack was on the move. He bolted for the nearest piece of debris that would shield him from the flames. Hiding behind there he attempting to recover from his surprise at the sudden turn of events.

"It's true, I harbor no love for you lord Destined! However, before anything else, I am a professional! I was hired to protect the delegation and ensure the peace and safety of the people involved! Until such time that my contract is complete, or I am killed in the process of fulfilling my contract, I do not intend to even attempt to harm you!"

Zack then got up and dashed for another piece of debris, not risking his hiding spot melting on him. He knew that he had to figure out a way to reverse the situation, somehow get these people to allow him to assist them. He only held Destined any ill will, but his own code prevented him from acting on any of these thoughts. Zack also knew that there was no way he could take on such a powerful Super alone.

"Norman! Explain to him, you've seen into my head! Tell him that I truly mean no harm to this delegation! Right now, all I want is to protect Lady Kyou and the people of this delegation!" Zack made his desperate plea before jumping up and bolting for the next chunk of rock. He had to do everything he could to survive, after all, he still had things he wanted to do before he croaked.

Kyle appeared in the hole made by the boulder.  That earthquake had caused more devastation than he would have imagined and several buildings had caught fire.  Of course, that wasn’t his concern.  The buff guy was still gunning for him even if he’d lost track of Kyle when he flew up in the air.

As Kyle touched down onto the ground, his body reassembling, he saw the buff guy speaking with a battered nun with tentacles coming out of her back.  ‘You don’t see that every day,’ Kyle thought, grinning, beginning to turn away...

...Before catching the gaze of a young man about his age with soft brown hair.  There was something compelling in his gaze, a mixture of desperation but also determination.  Kyle scratched the back of his head, trying to break away from the accusatory gaze before sighing.  ‘I better get something out of this,’ he thought before striding over towards him.

“Yo.  This guy’s been trying to kill me.” He said when he got within earshot, jabbing his finger toward the muscled man.  “How’s about you help get him off my back, and I’ll scratch yours.”

“Yo! This guy’s been trying to kill me,” Kyle said when Seiko got within earshot, jabbing his finger toward the muscled man, “How’s about you help get him off my back, and I’ll scratch yours.”

Trent and the nun stopped their arguing when they heard the possibility of two separate enemies joining to fight against them. Lia let her feet rest on the ground, the first time she had done so since she appeared, and crossed her arms. Her irritated scowl twisted into a gleeful smile as she entertained the multiple ways she could eviscerate the two men in front of her. Leaning forward she taunted them to come at her with all they got, “I’m just dying to know what you two sound like when I pull you apart limb by limb!”

“Dan Lia, getting a bit too into it don’t you think?” Trent wondered as she smashed his fists together, grinding them hard enough the leather squealed in protest. To be honest he was enjoying the idea of fighting more than one person as well.

[hr]

“Norman! Explain to him, you've seen into my head! Tell him that I truly mean no harm to this delegation! Right now, all I want is to protect Lady Kyou and the people of this delegation!”

The possible traitor darted from his former hiding place to another chunk of rock; luckily for him as the previous spot exploded in a fiery torrent that melted what remained. For his part Norman took into consideration Zack’s words before acting- an act that stopped Destined from continuing his assault.

“Lord Destined wait!” Norman struggled against the Southern leader’s strength, his psychic hold barely containing him, “I only know that he hates you, you specifically. I’d have to delve deeper into his mind to tell if he has any intentions beyond what he’s saying . . . and I can’t do that if you burn him to cinders!”

“You should have done that when he first came here,” Destined barked back breaking free of the hold and immediately turning his fury back on Zack. Before he wave of flames reached Zack a wall of ice encompassed him. “Protecting those who have assaulted your city now are we?”

“I am protecting someone we have yet to prove guilty,” Lady Kyou stated rising from her spot, “Or do you hate humans so much that you can’t see reason?”

“You always were weak willed child,” Destined turned to face Lady Kyou, steam filling the entire room from the mixture of hot and cold abilities clashing. Behind the wall of ice Zack had been protected, emerging through the thickening steam, a hulking eight foot tall figure emerged from the torn open doors and placed a single dull yellow eye on the human amongst Supers.

Without warning or even saying a word the giant of a man grabbed hold of Zack and cradled him like one would do a newborn baby before darting out of the room. As the figure bound down the spiral staircase a voice spoke through a radio implanted in the giant’s throat, replacing the creature’s vocal chords, “Don’t worry friend, we’re here to help. Lee is going to bring you somewhere safe so you don’t get hurt.”

[hr]

The person Lora had been chasing leapt out from her hiding spot, darting back through the streets and doing everything she could to not only cause as much damage as possible but avoid being caught by another volley of energy blasts. The chase had been long drawn out; Lora had thought it would’ve taken less than a minute to catch the person when she first spotted them, but she never considered the enemy was another Super- her first mistake. Now she wasn’t letting up and took any chance she took to attack the enemy with all she had without injuring anyone nearby.

So far she had managed to blow the enemy’s hood off and injure her hand yet nothing beyond that; she hadn’t even gotten the chance to look at the enemy’s face clearly.

Things were only growing worse; Lora could already see that the garrison of Western soldiers had infiltrated through the hole in the wall. “Damn it, I thought Kallen and everyone else would’ve stopped them . . .”

[hr]

“I heard you the first time!” Destined shouted over the roar of his flames and the hiss they caused colliding with Kyou’s ice. He had no concern that the North had now been invaded by the West. His soldiers could easily take care of them without much casualties; all that concerned the leader of the South was the woman currently standing in his way- a woman proving that she wasn’t as weak as his initial thoughts had first entertained. One arm burned and bleeding, Lady Kyou remained standing with her expression the same as it had always been, emotionless save for a hint of hatred.

One deep breath signaled the start of an attack- ice pillars shooting down from above him to impale him long-ways. A hitch in his step from the Northern leader’s only remaining ally, Norman, forced him to roll instead of leap. The end result was a deep gash on his side that poured blood. The deep wound quickly sealed itself with flames, scarring his body even more. “Do you not care that your city has been invaded, oh gracious Leader of the North?”

“I have faith that my allies will stop them.”

“So much power, more power than I gave you credit for, yet you still hide behind others.”

“Get out of the way!” a third voice called in as Lora shot through the hole, the enemy she had been chasing alongside her, straight into the wall of ice. The structure fractured and tilted slightly from the impact, the red and tawny haired women falling to the floor- stopping the battle immediately. Coughing Lora got to her feet with Norman’s assistance and readied to fight the woman.

From her spot on the ground the woman just began to laugh hysterically.
Laughed as if she was having the time of her life.

[hr]

Trent spat blood on the ground from the previous impact he had received. The battle had been going on for quite a while, longer than he thought it ever would, and he had enjoyed every second of it. Every time he hurled Seiko into the ground only to have him get back up or land what he had thought was a killing blow on Kyle simply for it not to be fatal . . . it excited him to know that such strong opponents were to be found.

“Got another one in ya?” Trent mocked wiping the blood from the corner of his mouth and stood. His breathing was ragged and he what parts of his body weren’t covered in puncture wounds were bruised. Lia wasn’t fairing much better either; she had long since lost a couple tentacles and her usual sadistic glee was gone. After all she never got enjoyment out of being injured, just injuring others.

“Don’t move!” a soldier wearing a Western military outfit shouted, gun aimed at his head, as well as twenty of his friends. Trent smirked and raised his arms, dropping back to his knees, “Well . . . shit . . .”

“Impressive for your first real fight Sieko,” Kallen stated confidently walking up amongst the Western garrison. Past the soldiers and the couple Seiko and Kyle had just been fighting, the Northern General lightly patted Seiko then turned her attention to Kyle, “And you too. Thank you for helping when you could have just ran to save yourself.”

“Miss Kallen, should we proceed?” one of the soldiers asked motioning towards the Central Governmental Building.

“Alright, but take off the helmets before we get too close,” Kallen said with a smirk, looking over her shoulder at the soldier, “You all nearly gave us a heart attack.”

“Well when we saw the explosions we just ran in without thinking what it looked like to everyone else.”

[hr]

“Lee!” Anna called out on the stairs spotting the Frankenstein-ish creature carrying someone down the stairs. She thought it might’ve been Norman since he was the only person up there with Lady Kyou and Destined, but when she saw it was Zack she slowed down. “Zack? What are you still doing here?”

Listening to his story she wondered if Destined was right. Did Zack come to do all of this? The idea was dismissed when the building rocked from the two dueling leaders above them. The dust and dirt shaken loose fell around them, most drifting in the air, “Lee just do whatever Todou wanted you to take him.”

The dim stairway grew brighter. And brighter still as something in Zack’s pocket began to glow with a brilliant light. Instinct taking over Anna shoved her hands into his pocket and dug out the shinning object, revealing it to be a single coin he had from when he was at the pub drinking. The coin continued to grow brighter before its light was snuffed out by Lee’s massive hands. “Anna, shield Zack!”

Anna followed Todou’s order and pulled Zack close against her as a violent explosion encompassed Lee- a second explosion happening above them. When the explosion was over Anna waved her hand to clear the smoke, coughing when it entered her lungs, “Are you okay?”

From the foul smelling smoke Lee’s figure emerged, looming over both of them and supporting the staircase with now missing hands. The voice box damaged only sparks and mechanical noises emerged. Yet even without Lee being able to speak Anna understood, resting her hand on Zack’s shoulder, “Come on, we have to get back up to Lady Kyou!”

“I’m just dying to know what you two sound like when I pull you apart limb by limb!”

“Dan Lia, getting a bit too into it don’t you think?”

Seiko smirked as he saw that Kyle joined in now, as he slammed his fist into his open hand. "Ya know...I've actually been craving a REAL fight for a while now." he said, confidently as he stared at Trent. Then...he said his favorite little saying...it was about to get real.

"Tell me...do you know what happens, when a object in motion....meets an immovable object?"

To this, Seiko saw Trent seem puzzled as he was asked this. "Well...YOURE ABOUT TO FIND OUT!!" he shouted as he rushed in, sending a straight punch at him, knocking him back a bit, seeing him get back up like it was nothing. Oh he was definitely gonna enjoy this!

It felt like forever rather than a few minutes as Seiko and Trent exchanged blows against each other. Both of these fighters was getting into it even more than the other, giving it their all. The last time, Trent hurled him to the ground, only for Seiko to get back up, cracking his neck some.

"Got another one in ya?"

Seiko laughed as he shrugged some. "I could do this all day!" he said, as they were about to go again, but that was when the soldiers showed up. Seiko sighed as this fight was over in a short way to say a draw, though he was commended by Kallen for doing his best in his first real battle.

"Well...I have a debt to this city...I can't just let it go to hell in a hat bag."

• 2 weeks later...

Events happened so fast, Zack was barely able to register them. He had narrowly avoided becoming roast Zack with another successful dodge. Suddenly Norman was defending him verbally and a short reprieve came in Destined's attack.

I didn't really expect Destined to actually listen to Norman..., Zack noted to himself as he peeked out from behind a small portion of wall. Next thing Zack saw was a wave of flame flying at him. I always knew I was too hot to live forever.

Oddly enough, the expected agony never came. In fact, what Zack saw when he opened his eyes was a wall of Ice, and more importantly, a giant set of palms reaching for him. Without warning or even saying a word the giant of a man grabbed hold of Zack and cradled him like one would do a newborn baby before darting out of the room. As the figure bound down the spiral staircase a voice spoke through a radio implanted in the giant’s throat, replacing the creature’s vocal chords, “Don’t worry friend, we’re here to help. Lee is going to bring you somewhere safe so you don’t get hurt.”

"Wait, first I'd like you define the term friend. You have to understand, my so called 'friends' just attempted to kill me...well some of them. Some of them were kinda late, but did try to protect me. So I happen to be very confused by that word right now.

"Lee!" Zack heard a call from below. Zack looked down and saw it was Anna. She was rushing but slowed to observe the, Zack had to admit ridiculous, situation. "Zack? What are you still doing here?"

"Well, to start with I'm not a super, so I can't fly out of buildings like some people. After that Destined got it into his head that I was a spy and or assassin and decided to try and deep fry me. Thankfully Norman was able to think clearly and I am also gratful to Lady Kyou for giving...Lee was it? Anyway Lady Kyou saved me from Destined and gave Lee time to whisk me away down here."

Zack could see it on Anna's face. She doesn't believe me...I could be screwed here...

“Lee just do whatever Todou wanted you to take him.”

Zack was shocked. He was actually being allowed to walk...be carried away from the whole bad situation. Zack was about to thank Lee and Anna when Anna suddenly thrust a hand into his pocket and began grabbing around for something.

"Woah, this is a little sudden. If you wanted into my pants all ya had to do was a-"

Caught up in his own personal delight, he had barely any time to register that Lee and Anna had discovered an explosive in his pocket. Anna lept on top of him as Lee grasped the explosion as it went off.

To be honest, if I died right now, I'd be grinning ear to ear on my way to the afterlife.

Anna and Zack waved the smoke away and simultaneously asked, "Are you okay?"

From the foul smelling smoke Lee’s figure emerged, looming over both of them and supporting the staircase with now missing hands. The voice box damaged only sparks and mechanical noises emerged. Yet even without Lee being able to speak Anna understood, resting her hand on Zack’s shoulder, “Come on, we have to get back up to Lady Kyou!”

Did I trigger a flag by becoming a moving target?

"Alright, but I don't know how helpful I'll be against that guy. I was hired as extra muscle, I don't have any formal training ya know..."

Kyle let out a sigh when the rest of the group got there.  It was more than enough excitement for one day.  He nodded curtly at the young man who helped him out and gave the others a sardonic grin before taking off the cap and throwing it at the big guy.

“Here.  That’s what you wanted, isn’t it?” he asked, readjusting his wrappings, “It’s an itchy thing anyway.  Guy must’ve had some lice or something.”

He turned back to his discarded bike.  It was completely trashed.  Ugh, he thought, It’ll take me forever to get back.  And I’m dead on my feet…

“Listen,” he said, turning back toward the group, “I owe this guy a favor,” he jabbed his thumb at the young Super. “Also, I’m far away from my house.  I’ll do whatever as long as someone is able to give me a place to crash for now.  I’m beat.”

Zack was shocked, his mouth opened to thank Lee and Anna when the latter suddenly thrust a hand into his pocket and began grabbing around for something. “Whoa! This is a little sudden! If you wanted into my pants all ya had to do was a-”

“Shut up!” Anne managed to shout despite focusing on trying to get out the object glowing in Zack’s pocket. “To be honest, if I died right now, I'd be grinning ear to ear on my way to the afterlife.” The object, a single coin Zack had from when he was at the pub drinking, continued to grow brighter before its light was snuffed out by Lee’s massive hands. “Anna, shield Zack!”

Anna followed Todou’s order and pulled Zack close against her as a violent explosion encompassed Lee- a second explosion happening above them. When the explosion was over Anna waved her hand to clear the smoke, coughing when it entered her lungs, “Are you okay?”

“Alright, but I don't know how helpful I'll be against that guy. I was hired as extra muscle; I don't have any formal training ya know,” Zack called back following Anne up the damaged stairs. Anne merely called out over her shoulder, “So!? I’ve fought with normal people before. You managed to escape Destined, right? So don’t go thinking you’re useless or something.”

“Besides,” Anne looked over her shoulder with a grin, which masked the worried frown she’d have been wearing, “If anything bad happens I’ll protect you with my shield!”

Reaching the top of the stairs Zack, Anne, and Lee were greeted by a splintered apart doorway with a massive amount of smoke billowing out of the room. The doors were completely shattered and only spare pieces of them remained limply hanging onto the iron hinges. Through the thick black smoke all three could see into the room.

And what was inside was not very pretty.

The woman that had crashed into the room with Lora was now standing in the middle of the room, hysterically laughing as her ruby red eyes scanned the downed Supers around her. Lady Kyou was being supported by Lora, both covered in splinters and various filth; Kyou’s left leg was pierced through by what looked like a shard of the stone table and was breathing heavily. Lora was able to stand but her right arm hanged low and swung lifelessly. Norman was nowhere to be seen, but a clear line in the floor told those who noticed that he had managed to shield a decent amount of the explosion before it became too much for him to contain; wither he was dead or not was unknown.

What was most surprising was Destined. The Leader of the Southern territories was covered in blood. Yet he didn’t seem worse off than any of the others, meaning the blood he was covered with was definitely not his own. Instead Destined was covered in his servant’s blood, with said servant resting against the far right wall with her entire right arm missing. Scorching hands pressed against the floor, sizzling and heating the stone as the Southern Leader stood, and the blood on his face evaporating. His eyes spoke of nothing but pure, unadulterated rage and his voice dripped with venom, “Burn!”

The woman standing in the middle of the room burst into flames, roasting and eating away at her skin as the blaze that was her entire body grew in intensity. As the woman burned she began to laugh and laugh, finding a mad pleasure in her pain.

“Don’t move!” a soldier wearing a Western military outfit shouted, gun aimed at his head, as well as twenty of his friends. Trent smirked and raised his arms, dropping back to his knees, “Well . . . sheet . . .”

“Impressive for your first real fight Sieko,” Kallen stated confidently walking up amongst the Western garrison. Past the soldiers and the couple Seiko and Kyle had just been fighting, the Northern General lightly patted Seiko then turned her attention to Kyle, “And you too. Thank you for helping when you could have just ran to save yourself.”

Seiko laughed and shrugged, “Well, I have a debt to this city. I can't just let it go to hell in a hand basket.”

Kyle, on the other hand, let out a sigh; this was definitely more than enough excitement for one day.  He gave the others a sarcastic grin, “Listen, I owe this guy a favor . . . also, I’m far away from my house.  I’ll do whatever as long as someone is able to give me a place to crash for now.  I’m beat.”

“Miss Kallen, should we proceed?” one of the soldiers asked motioning towards the Central Governmental Building.

“Alright, but take off the helmets before we get too close,” Kallen said with a smirk, looking over her shoulder at the soldier, “You all nearly gave us a heart attack.”

“Well when we saw the explosions we just ran in without thinking what it looked like to everyone else.”

“Right,” Kallen said dismissively as a portion of the military, now undisguised a portions of the Northern Army, began to head towards their location while others remained behind to bind and arrest the two Supers that Seiko and Kyle had been fighting this entire time. Kallen then turned her attention back to them, “I thank you for that young man. As for you . . .”

Kallen paused to point to shown she was referring to Kyle, “We currently have our hands busy. That said, if you report to one of the Inns and tell them Miss Steadfast said you are allowed room and board on her charge then you will find a place to sleep.”

A loud boom grabbed hold of everyone’s attention as the Central Governmental Building exploded. The military officers all looked at the top of the building, now almost completely gone, and rightfully worried about their leaders. Before enough time had passed for everyone around them to regain their senses passed, Trent and Lea acted.

Whipping her tentacles about Lea hurled and injured as many people as she could to get a nice perimeter around her, Trent snapping the handcuffs off of him like it was made of tinfoil. Kallen swung around to stop the now escaped conflicts only to have something shatter her metal right arm into pieces, a bullet clinking against the ground.

“See ya for Round Two little sheet,” Trent promised Seiko, giving him a mock salute; Lea merely glared at Kyle and motioned the ‘you’re dead’ sign. Both raised their hands and caught the downward held hands of someone flying through the air at an incredible speed. The trio were already too high for any of the soldiers’ bullets to hit them, causing Kallen to order them to stop shooting.

“Seems we got here too late,” one of the soldiers said pulling down the scarf that had been covering the lower half of his face.

The woman had died laughing. Doing absolutely nothing to put herself out or fight back. She just stood there, laughing.

Even now that she was dead it seemed that her laughing continued to echo in everyone’s mind.

All but Destined who after walking over to the now unrecognizable corpse, promptly gave it one swift kick into powdered ash. Straightening his shirt he turned back to his fallen servant and bent over to examine her injury; it was sever and without immediate medical attention he would lose her.

“Destined,” Lady Kyou said sympathetically, knowing the feeling of seeing one of her own injured so badly. Destined merely worked on searing arteries closed, answering without turning his attention away from saving Avai's life, “Just bring whatever medical personnel you have here . . . then leave us be . . .”

“Right,” Kyou said and took a step forward, wincing in pain from applying pressure to her injured leg. Looking down she grimaced at the shard sticking out of her leg, blood pouring out from having moved the wounded leg.

“Hold on Lady Kyou,” Anne said easing the Northern Leader to the ground gently, “I’ll go get Todou. We could also have Cougar come in and help . . .”

“He’s retired,” Kyou said listlessly, peering out to the damage the attack had done to her precious city. She had failed. Her people were either dead, dying, injured, or now without a home to call their own. She could never even recall an instance when this had happened when her great grandfather lead them. Everything was so peaceful back then.

“Am I . . . Am I the only one who is wondering why the Hell it was Amber who attacked us!?” Lora shouted addressing what she thought had been the most obvious elephant in the room, “Or why she suddenly had powers!?”

• 2 weeks later...

Ah man, it all just seems like a bad dream...

Zack walked out of the room he had been given on the outer limits of the castle. The past few days had been rough, especially with Destined's delegation still around. Zack had been making forays into the city with the Supers under Lady Kyou's orders to assist with the relief effort. Most of the time he worked with people he barely knew, and a lot of it was simply distributing supplies to the needy. On occasion he would see Lora or Seiko using their powers to help clear away some of the damage.

"Eh...it's like I'm just extra baggage 'round here..." Zack moaned to himself as he got to the bathhouse. It was getting late, and he was sore from the day's work. As he stepped in he noted only a few baskets holding clothes. Guess I'm lucky, not a lot of people in yet.

Zack wasted little time undressing and entering the bath. He quickly let the relaxing waters sooth his aches and he reclined a bit. As he closed his eyes though, all he could recall was the scene at the end of the terrible disaster that started all of this...

----

Reaching the top of the stairs Zack, Anne, and Lee were greeted by a splintered apart doorway with a massive amount of smoke billowing out of the room. The doors were completely shattered and only spare pieces of them remained limply hanging onto the iron hinges. Through the thick black smoke all three could see into the room.

And what was inside was not very pretty.

The woman that had crashed into the room with Lora was now standing in the middle of the room, hysterically laughing as her ruby red eyes scanned the downed Supers around her. Lady Kyou was being supported by Lora, both covered in splinters and various filth; Kyou’s left leg was pierced through by what looked like a shard of the stone table and was breathing heavily. Lora was able to stand but her right arm hanged low and swung lifelessly. Norman was nowhere to be seen, but a clear line in the floor told those who noticed that he had managed to shield a decent amount of the explosion before it became too much for him to contain; wither he was dead or not was unknown.

What was most surprising was Destined. The Leader of the Southern territories was covered in blood. Yet he didn’t seem worse off than any of the others, meaning the blood he was covered with was definitely not his own. Instead Destined was covered in his servant’s blood, with said servant resting against the far right wall with her entire right arm missing. Scorching hands pressed against the floor, sizzling and heating the stone as the Southern Leader stood, and the blood on his face evaporating. His eyes spoke of nothing but pure, unadulterated rage and his voice dripped with venom, “Burn!

The woman standing in the middle of the room burst into flames, roasting and eating away at her skin as the blaze that was her entire body grew in intensity. As the woman burned she began to laugh and laugh, finding a mad pleasure in her pain...
----

Gah...there are better things to think about!

Zack shook his head, clearing his mind before staring into the water for a bit. "I guess I should find a way to thank Norman and Anne. Without those two, I'd be just another charred corpse..."

Zack rested a bit longer before stepping out of the bath and into the showers to properly clean himself. As he did so he reviewed the events of the past few days, unable to completely clear his thoughts...
----

Right,” Kyou said and took a step forward, wincing in pain from applying pressure to her injured leg. Looking down she grimaced at the shard sticking out of her leg, blood pouring out from having moved the wounded leg.

“Hold on Lady Kyou,” Anne said easing the Northern Leader to the ground gently, “I’ll go get Todou. We could also have Cougar come in and help . . .”

He’s retired,” Kyou said listlessly, peering out to the damage the attack had done to her precious city. She had failed. Her people were either dead, dying, injured, or now without a home to call their own. She could never even recall an instance when this had happened when her great grandfather lead them. Everything was so peaceful back then.

Am I . . . Am I the only one who is wondering why the Hell it was Amber who attacked us!?” Lora shouted addressing what she thought had been the most obvious elephant in the room, “Or why she suddenly had powers!?

"Wondering can wait till later, right now we need to administer aid to the wounded!" Zack shouted rushing over to Lady Kyou. He quickly examined her leg injury, looking to see if anything vital had been hit. "I can save the leg, but we need to get this shard out and try to seal the wound."

Without waiting for Lady Kyou's permission he placed his right hand on her thigh and his other on the shard. "Apologies for this Milady..."

Zack quickly pulled the shard out of Lady Kyou's leg and tossed it aside. Blood began to rapidly pour out of the hole. Zack quickly tore off what was left of his sleeve and wrapped it tightly around the wound. "That should help reduce the chances of infection. Anne, Help me get Lady Kyou downstairs!"

Anne obliged with a simple nod as they both lifted Lady Kyou up and began to move towards the exit. Zack glanced over at Destined, his eyes lingering only as he saw the man he despised meticulously attempting to save his subordinate's life.

It's easier to hate people when you don't see their good sides...
----

"Captain, we just got word back from one of the relief posts. They've run out of bandages, see if we have any in the back and try to get them out there as quickly as possible."

"Right away!"

Zack wiped his forehead with the sleeve of his shirt before looking back at the table in front of him. He was holed up in what was left of the pub he had gambled in just the other day. It had been a full 48 hours since the incident, and their were still a lot of people unaccounted for. Thanks to a good word put in by Anne, Zack wasn't entirely hated by the town guard. In fact, several only gave him dark glares when he turned his back. They didn't like him, but they respected his efforts to organize and help, and more importantly, they respected Anne's word.

"Lora said that the refugee camps were running out of cots...I don't have any left here and I think we sent the last of the spares in the castle out a few hours ago...Man, playing hero is totally not me...I wish some of the gang were here right now...
----

Zack stepped out of the shower, one towel around his waist, the other he was using to dry his hair. He walked over to his clothes, somewhat lost in thought.

Since I've been told to rest for today, maybe I'll go visit Norman. I do owe him for saving me...maybe I'll run into Anne and be able to thank her too. The sooner I pay my debt to them the better, I hate being in debt almost as much as I hate people not paying their debts...

It was strange, but it happened quick. The loud boom that came from the government building, it caught Seiko's attention, and he almost cringed.

"What...the hell?" he asked as he watched the next event unfold.

Like clockwork, Lea and Trent broke from the bonds that the officers put on them. It surprised Seiko that they were able to do that, but at the same time...it made his blood boil. These two seemed stronger than he gave him credit for.

"See ya for Round Two little sheet"

Seiko gripped his fists tightly as he watched Trent give him this mock salute, as he watched him run off. "Yeah...I'll be waiting." he mumbled to himself, before running off to head towards the building. Something was wrong, something happened...and he needed to make sure Lady Kyou and his friends and allies were alright.

When he arrived...it was quite the sight...

The building was in disarray and in chaos. From what he could see, Lora and Anne were alright, as was that Zack kid. Lady Kyou was alright as well, given her leg having a shard of glass in it...but Destined... "Damn..."

He wanted to ask questions...he wanted go after them...but alas, Seiko did not. The city was in desperate need of help, and Seiko knew Lady Kyou would want to have them help the people.

The next day came, a day for him to rest...but Seiko couldn't sit down on his hands and do nothing. He, along with a few of the soldiers, began to help the citizens, giving them blankets and food. But, to Seiko, he was also doing something else.

"C'mon guys..." Seiko chuckled as he ran from a small group of children. "You'll never be able to catch me like that!" He knew the children were scared out of their mind, and he knew that they couldn't see light at the end of this dark tunnel...but he did what he could to keep their light from fading, to allow them to keep enjoying life.

The days after the assault on the North had passed by in the same fashion as it always does whenever there has been a large scale tragedy. Numerous graves dug, filled, to match the number of grieving soul who had lost someone in the event. Many more turned their attention to rebuilding what was destroyed- many of the buildings that hadn’t been completely erased from the landscape had been damaged so heavily that residing in them was no longer an option without the inherent risk of the roof collapsing on you during the middle of the night.

Looking out at the smoldering remains of the city Lady Kyou let out a lamented on her failure, resting on the crutch that Todou had brought for her. It warmed her heart to see how many people willingly came together to help defend and rebuild the weakened North from the South and even from within the Wasteland; yet the tension was undeniable. The symbol of indomitable protection had been dealt a harsh blow, its reputation forever ruined. Lady Kyou was just happy that no one had decided to leave . . . yet.

“Kyou?” Natalie asked stepping into the room, a clipboard in her hand, “I have the latest reports on the debriefing from Koya.”

“This should never have happened,” Kyou muttered, more to herself than her new company.

“Excuse me?”

“I said this should never have happened!” Kyou snapped back, looking at Natalie while ice burst from the ground and wall around her. When Kyou realized she had lost her temper and snapped at Natalie she took a calming breath, the ice receding as she did, “I’m sorry Natalie I didn’t mean to yell.”

“I understand.” Natalie put her hand on Kyou’s shoulder and gave her a comforting, warm smile. Kyou hardly showed emotion so Natalie couldn’t lie that it was surprising that she yelled, however she understood the reason. “It’s not your fault. We all failed on some level. So we all share the responsibility of what happened.”

“All we can do now,” Natalie stopped speaking to dig something out of her pocket before pushing it into Kyou’s hand. When it was in her hand Kyou opened it to see that Natalie had handed her a pocket watch, more specifically her Great Grandfather’s pocket watch. “. . . is fix what’s been broken and be prepared for next time.”

Kyou tightened her grip on the pocket watch, her self-confidence returning, “Thank you Nat.”

“Seiko quite playing around damn it and get back over here to help me!” Lora shouted at the top of her lungs to get her assistant’s notice. Normally one to roll with the punches, or try to put things out of mind in this case, Lora seemed unable to this time; it didn’t help that her usual confidant was curiously absent now all day and came back to their room only to pass out. This left Lora in the one position she hated the most- being out of the loop.

“How did Amber come back from the dead? How did she get Super powers? Why did she bring a group of other Supers to attack her friends? Who were those soldiers?” All of the information had been barred from only Lady Kyou herself and a select few, no more than two other people outside of Destined himself. A broken arm didn’t help Lora’s mood any either and she refused to do clean-up by herself while Seiko was off playing with children.

“Get back over here and help me move this boulder over to the quarry!” Lora shouted against to try and get Seiko to stop playing with the children. Before he could even respond Lora’s final nerve broke. Stomping a foot as her aura flared around her the immediate area shook alongside her shout, “STOP!”

“Mister she’s scary,” one of the younger children told Seiko hiding behind his leg, holding onto it as if he would disappear at any moment. In her anger Lora hadn’t realized that Seiko was doing something important, lightening up the children’s spirits. Many of them were either separated from their parents during the attack and hadn’t been reunited with them . . . or would have to wait a very long time to ever be reunited with them, a life time of a waiting.

“Anything else I can get?” Cougar asked appearing beside Todou in a gust of wind and dust. He was covered in sweat and breathing heavily with another roll of gauge in his hand. Todou wearily looked up at him from one of the patients he had been sewing shut and took the gauge before applying it to the bleeding wound, “I’m fine here but Cougar, I think you should ease up on all of the running before you wear yourself out.”

“I’ll take that into consideration doctor but I don’t think this is the time for me to be idly standing by.” After the Southern Civil War Cougar had married Natalie and retired to tiny farm higher into the mountain; far enough they were spared from the destruction. When they saw the smoke rising from the city neither Natalie nor Cougar had to even glance at each other before they abandoned their quiet life to help others. Now with Norman unconscious from the blast that had nearly killed him and everyone else in the room, Cougar was acting in his place to act as communication in addition to bringing supplies to everyone.

“A few minutes will be fine, doctor’s orders,” Todou stated clipping the wire to the suture and standing up. Turning his own tired eyes scanned the ward, filled beyond capacity with the dying and those who he had worked three days straight to keep alive. Unfortunately Todou was accustomed to this kind of sight having been a doctor in the Wasteland. The flutter of curtains caught his attention out of the corner of his eye when Destined stepped inside.

Both men locked eyes. “Doctor . . .”

“Destined,” Todou replied back, unphased that the man with the black top hat refused to call him by his name still. Neither of them had enough spirit or strength for an argument. Destined silently walked over to Avai before sitting down at the foot of her bed. She had lost so much that Todou’s initial prospect was that she wouldn’t make the week. Yet Todou was happily proved wrong when she had woken up a mere day after the events.

“My Lord,” she had started in a weakly. She had tried to reach out to gently touch her lord’s face. When the realization managed to surface in her mind that she couldn’t feel her arm or much of her body everyone in the room could see her eyes shoot wide in panic. Todou readied a syringe to sedate her so she did not tear open to stitches, but Destined acted faster. All it took was his hand on her face to calm her down and his words, “Don’t move Avai. You are seriously injured and those of lesser minds thought you would die. But you haven’t.”

Avai was covered in bandages so that only her eyes and mouth were visible. Her eyes slowly drifted over to her missing arm. Instead of a shriek of terror at having lost a limb, the chocolate skinned began to cry at the loss of her usefulness to her lord. Inconsolably she cried on how she was now a bird whose wings were clipped.

Destined took out a knife and slowly peeled an apple before dicing it for Avai, handing one small piece after another to her, “Here, eat. You need to regain your strength if you want to serve me, right?”

“Are you sure he’s there?” Anne asked Micco again uncertain if he’d have retired so early. The Southerner merely groaned, rolling his head before looking down at the young girl, “I just said that was the last place I heard he was going! Who knows if he’s still there . . . he could’ve taken a nap and left by the time you actually go to check!”

Anne pursed her lips at Micco, glaring at him as he looked back at her without a flinch. Micco was powerful; he would dish out as much as he could take and explode without being damaged himself. It bothered him a bit to know this little girl was potentially more powerful than he was. To include she was friendly with humans didn’t help. Finally yielding he held his hands up and walked away, waving her off.

Now that Micco was gone Anne resumed breathing, hand clenched against her chest and legs shaking. “Thank you,” Anne silently prayed to whatever would listen. Standing back up and stomping once to regain control of her legs she spun around, off to locate the person she had been assigned by Kallen. The trip wasn’t very long and after a nervous climb up a flight of stairs, Anne let herself into a room.

“Zack I know you’ve been told you can rest for the day but,” Anne’s long thought out words died in her throat. In front of her Zack stood with only a towel covering his lower extremities. As quickly as her face imitated a boiled lobster did she back out of the room and shut the door behind her.

• 2 weeks later...

Since I've been told to rest for today, maybe I'll go visit Norman. I do owe him for saving me...maybe I'll run into Anne and be able to thank her too. The sooner I pay my debt to them the better, I hate being in debt almost as much as I hate people not paying their debts...

Zack had just reached his clothes and was reaching for his towel when he heard someone approach the door. He turned to greet the guy coming through. However...

“Zack I know you’ve been told you can rest for the day but,” Anne’s long thought out words died in her throat. Zack's eyes widened as he realized it wasn't a guy he was facing. Thankfully he hadn't removed his towel before turning. Anne bolted from the room as Zack turned to quickly dress himself. He pulled his undergarments on so quickly, he was almost afraid he would hurt himself. His pants were put on in much the same fashion.

Oh man, I hope she hasn't run too far, the last thing I need is a misunderstanding to turn into a rumor.

Zack had just finished throwing on his footwear, simply grabbing his shirt and making for the door. He pulled it open in a hurry while yelling out, "Anne!"

Not realizing that she hadn't gone anywhere, Zack had barely a second to register the fact that Anne was right in front of him as he was about to barrel out of the door. Being unable to stop, he decided to do the next best thing. He jumped forward, and over Anne. He landed in what would've been a somersault if there didn't happen to be a wall on the other end of the hall.

"Ow..." Zack moaned as he lay on his back, legs propped up by the wall in a sort of sitting position. He opened his eyes to try and see if Anne was okay. He regretted this a moment later.

Well, there are worse things to see before you die...

• 2 weeks later...

“Seiko quite playing around damn it and get back over here to help me!”

Seiko sighed as he turned to Lora and rolled his eyes, as she apparently got on her last nerve...as the ground shook and her aura was going a bit crazy.

"Mister, she's scary..."

He looked at one of the kids hiding behind his leg as he knelt down and ruffled the hair on his head. "She can be. But once you get to know her, she isn't." he chuckled before standing back up. "I gotta get back to work. You kids keep playing." he smiled before waving and heading back to Lora.

As he walked off, the children began laughing and playing again, which put a smile on his face to know he did something good. But now there was something else...

"The yelling wasn't needed, Lora." Seiko sternly said as he got to the boulder and started moving it with ease. "Those children are scared enough as it is..."

“Seiko quite playing around damn it and get back over here to help me!”

“Mister, she's scary,” one of the younger children told Seiko hiding behind his leg, holding onto it as if he would disappear at any moment. Thankfully Seiko brushed off Lora’s anger-riddled shouting, knelt down, and ruffled the hair of the boy holding onto his leg. “She can be. But once you get to know her, she isn't.”

Seiko chuckled before standing back up, motioning back to a still fuming Lora, “I gotta get back to work. You kids keep playing.”

“Okay!”

“C’mon! I’ll be Lady Kyou and you guys can be the evil villains!” one little girl shouted before the rest of her company shouted their disagreements, “NO way! You just want to be Lady Kyou because she never loses!!!”

The sound of the children laughing as they ran off to play again put a smile on Seiko’s face as he braced his shoulder against the large boulder. Putting some force behind it, the boulder slowly began to scrape across the ground with Lora looking at the building the children had disappeared behind. “The yelling wasn't needed, Lora . . . those children are scared enough as it is . . .”

Lora let out a sigh and nodded her head, “Yeah, you’re right . . .”

Glancing back at Seiko as he continued pushing the large boulder into the pile with its brethren, Lora continued, “I’m just on edge I think. I mean we were just attacked and now . . . now I just don’t know what’s going to happen.”

“I’m worried is all,” Lora finished turning to help Seiko push the boulder, “So, sorry for yelling at you.”

"Anne!"

“Hu?” Anne turned to look back at the door, expecting Zack to be merely standing there. Instead Zack had, not realizing that she hadn't gone very far, to jump over Anne. Ducking partially out of instinct of something flying towards her head and partially to ensure Zack would sail clearly over her, Anne opened one eye when the loud sound of Zack hitting the wall on the other end of the hall.

“Ow . . .” Zack moaned as he lay on his back, legs propped up by the wall in a sort of sitting position. He opened his eyes to try and see if Anne was okay. He regretted this a moment later. “Well, there are worse things to see before you die.” Anne looked down at Zack with one eyebrow raised, looking at the normal human sprawled on his back, upside down, “You were told to rest and now you end up possibly injuring yourself.”

Anne let out a well-practiced sigh of irritation and mumbled, “You and Lora are a match made in the Heavens on that.”

When she remembered why she came to Zack’s small room in the first place she snapped to attention, “Oh, right! I know you’re supposed to have the day off, but Lady Kyou wants to see you. This isn’t an order, so you don’t have to go if you don’t want too- and you can go whenever you feel like it. I was just told to give you the message.”

Anne looked down at Zack with one eyebrow raised, looking at him on his back, upside down, “You were told to rest and now you end up possibly injuring yourself.”

Anne let out a sigh that almost sounded rehearsed and mumbled something Zack didn't quite catch. He rolled himself upright and mumbled to himself, "Most girls usually run down the hall...at least that's what Sunny always said."

Apparently recalling the reason for her visit, Anne went rigid and spoke; “Oh, right! I know you’re supposed to have the day off, but Lady Kyou wants to see you. This isn’t an order, so you don’t have to go if you don’t want too- and you can go whenever you feel like it. I was just told to give you the message.

Picking up his shirt and finally standing, Zack stretched a bit. Once done, having confirmed that there indeed was no injury, Zack pulled the shirt over his head before replying to Anne. "I was actually going to look for you. I wanted to thank you for your help the other day, that would've been my last coin toss if you hadn't been there. I'll go see Lady Kyou, she probably has questions and so do I."

Zack walked over to a small table and put on his belt, which very obviously carried a Dagger and a few throwing darts. Nothing anyone serious would be afraid of, but it warded off thugs and their ilk. After buckling the belt on he turned to Anne with one of his trade mark grins. "However, first I'd like to pay Norman a visit. I was wondering if you'd come along, I figure you'd know where he was resting, because I sure don't."

Zack began walking towards the door to leave, the two of them having traveled to his room from the shower area via the adjacent corridors after he put on his belt. He stopped to eye his jacket, trying to decide if he wanted to put it on. Deciding that he wasn't going to be doing anything 'serious' today, he decided against it. Ruffling his hair a bit with his hand for good measure, he then turned to Anne, who was a few paces behind him and stated, "Shall we?"

Seiko nodded as he saw Lora see that she wasnt needing to yell...progress, he supposed. Nevertheless, he put the boulder down with the others and sighed, before hearing Lora speaking once more.

"I’m just on edge I think. I mean we were just attacked and now . . . now I just don’t know what’s going to happen.”

"To be honest...I'm right with you." Seiko finally admitted, leaning up against the boulder. "We hadn't faced anything like that before...even though we trained for it. Heh...I suppose it's true what they say: once your put in a situation...its a whole 'nother story."

Then he heard his friend apologizing for yelling before he began to chuckle. "Please, its fine. I've been yelled by you multiple times in the past. Its just..." he paused before looking over and seeing the children again. "I remember someone else in that same situation..." he said, referring to himself as he shook his head. "When my father left and never came back...I was pretty much like those kids. Then a soldier came and took time to cheer me up...even though he was on patrol."

Glancing back at Seiko as he continued pushing the large boulder into the pile with its brethren, Lora continued, “I’m just on edge I think. I mean we were just attacked and now . . . now I just don’t know what’s going to happen.”

“To be honest, I'm right with you,” Seiko finally admitted, leaning up against the boulder, “We hadn't faced anything like that before . . . even though we’ve trained for it.” Seiko chuckled a bit as something came to mind, “I suppose it's true what they say . . . once you’re put in a situation . . . it’s a whole 'nother story.”

“But I should’ve been more prepared,” Lora muttered to herself, remembering the years she spent living, fighting, in the Waste Lands and the path that had eventually dropped her at Lady Kyou’s feet- battered, bruised, bloodied, yet still willing to fight for a chance at having peace. Her short trip through her memories finished Lora turned to help Seiko push the boulder, “Yeah, well, sorry for yelling at you.”

Seiko stifled a laugh that Lora probably would’ve seen as rude, “Please, it’s fine. I've been yelled by you multiple times in the past.”

“Still, I should’ve kept my head. It’s not like these rocks are going anywhere soon,” Lora mentioned kicking the boulder.

“Just remember . . .” Seiko paused before looking over to see the children coming around the corner, “just try not to shout so much when there are kids around. I remember being that age, without my father to tell me everything was alright. He left . . . never came back . . .  then a soldier came and took the time to cheer me up, even though he was on patrol.”

Lora stole a glance at Seiko. Turning she rested against the boulder they had finished pushing into place and pushed some of her fiery red hair out of her eyes, dabbing her forehead free of sweat with a pink cloth, “Well those kids may have it rough now, but at least they have each other . . . and they live in what was once the most protective place in the entire world.”

“Some little girls didn’t have that kind of luxury,” Lora muttered turning her glance at the sun now risen high past the horizon, a fist clenched against her chest. One shaky breath, probably a bit more noticeable than she had wanted, and Lora had regained her composure. Hopping off the boulder she turned and with the same clenched fist that had been protecting her heart slammed it into the boulder with all her force- the boulder snapped in two and crumbled underneath her strength.

Whipping her hair back over her shoulders she sighed, “Seiko . . . what would you do . . . no . . . what would you think if you saw an old friend who you knew was dead suddenly appear and attack your home for no reason with powers she never had when you knew her?”

Anne looked down at Zack with one eyebrow raised, looking at him on his back, upside down, “You were told to rest and now you end up possibly injuring yourself.”

“Most girls usually run down the hall . . . at least that's what Sunny always said.”

“Who’s Sunny?” Anne wondered before she recalled the reason for her visit. Anne snapped to attention, shouting, “Oh, right! I know you’re supposed to have the day off, but Lady Kyou wants to see you. This isn’t an order, so you don’t have to go if you don’t want too- and you can go whenever you feel like it. I was just told to give you the message.”

Finally standing Zack picked up his shirt and stretched a bit, examining himself to ensure that there weren’t any injuries. Once done, Zack pulled the shirt over his head, “I was actually getting ready to look for you. I wanted to thank you for your help the other day. That would've been my last coin toss if you hadn't been there.”

“O-Oh! Ummm . . .” Anne’s eyes grew wide hearing Zack, or anyone really, thank her for saving their life. Anne hadn’t paid it much attention in the hours and days after the terrorist attack, her mind already juggling so much; thinking later on the subject Anne would guess she just subconsciously pushed it to the back of her mind. Right now, being reminded that she had saved someone, and being thanked about it, caused Anne’s normal nature to assume control. Now shrinking away with a few small tiptoes backwards Anne lowering her head so her entire face was hidden by her hairstyle. Even though her brown hair was in the way Zack could easily see the red color of embarrassment spread across her face while Anne removed her black-rimmed glasses and fiddled with them, “W-Well . . . y’know . . . no problem . . . r-right? I mean . . . you did the same thing . . . I mean you would have done the same thing . . . in my position. I know Lora would’ve!”

Taking pity on the bespectacled teenager Zack smiled, nodding, “Right. I'll go see Lady Kyou, she probably has questions and so do I.”

Before leaving Zack put on his belt, guaranteeing his dagger and a few throwing darts accompanied him, and turned back to Anne with one of his trade mark grins, “However, first, I’d like to pay Norman a visit. I was wondering if you'd come along? I figure you’d know where he was resting, because I sure don’t.”

“Oh! Norman is . . .” Anne began put felt her words die when Zack ruffled his hair a bit and focused on her, “Shall we?”

Anne looked down at the hand offered to her then back up at Zack’s smiling face. Then back down at the hand for a second time before taking a deep breath as her face grew a brilliant crimson. Without warning Anne slapped Zack’s hand and ran off, calling out over her shoulder without looking back, “I heard Norman is in Todou’s private hospital room and Lady Kyou’s in the what was the second floor storage room since her old office is too unstable to use anymore!!!”

Anne disappeared around the corner and continued running. In her panic she kept running until her feet led her to an inner courtyard and she rested against a wall. Panting she slowly slid to the ground with her head leaned back and lightly hit herself, “Damn it . . . why!? I was doing so good talking to a guy and I just . . . reverted back to usual, timid Anne . . .”

“General,” a man said in a completely uninterested tone the moment he stepped into the screen-filled room. The General, the leader and absolute authority of the entire west, didn’t even bother to glance away from the many television screens that were recording his citizens’ daily lives, “You may enter and speak Andrew. I assume this is about the missing platoon of soldiers, yes?”

“Yes sir,” Andrew said in the same monotone voice, pushing his glasses back up his thin face, and glanced down at the report to make sure he had the information memorized correctly, “Squadron Gamma has found the most recent findings on Squadron Theta’s last location. From their records the site was less than a week old and is well within the Waste Lands-”

“As was their mission,” the General interrupted tapping his finger as he watched a father and his son throwing a ball between each other. Moving so he was facing Andrew the General glared at the younger man, “I take it you have something more . . . important to tell me than information I already know . . .”

“Of course,” Andrew nodded unintimidated and handed the General the report, “All vehicles and equipment was left at the campsite. Or, more accurately, it was damaged or outright destroyed through means no normal human could accomplish. Given this new data and calculating the chances, I have some to the conclusion that Squadron Theta has been captured by either a rogue group of unnatural humans or by one of the collective habitats that have yet to fall to the West.”

“What is the percentage that it was a rogue group?”

“Roughly thirteen,” Andrew answered watching the television screens as the General skimmed through the report, “It is a thirty five percent chance that the culprit is the Northern collective habitat while it is a forty seven percent chance that it was caused by the more hostile Southern collective habitat, with a five percent chance for unknown factors and errors.”

“Killed or captured?” the General asked spinning the chair back so he could resume watching the televisions. “That all depends on who has attacked them. The Southern collective is more likely to kill than capture, while the Northern collective is more likely to capture and torture. No matter who may have done this, it is highly likely that any information Squadron Theta was in possession of is now leaked.”

“Deal with it then, that is why you are here.”

“Of course, sir,” Andrew left the room. No nod, no salute, nothing. As he left the room he walked with the same methodical nature that encompassed his entire being until he found himself leaving the elevator out into a bustling room that was both factory and laboratory at the same time; equal personnel wore lab coats and goggles as well as held wrenches and welding equipment. As Andrew strode through the room a young girl in a sailor uniform from before the war pushed the doctor that had been working on her stab wound and raced over to the white haired commander, a wide grin taking up the majority of her face, “Andrew, how was talking to the old man, hu? I bet he told you to ‘get it done’ like he always does! Well, did he? Did he!? I bet he did because he always does!”

“Sandra, get back over here! You’re not patched up yet and I don’t need you dying on me!” the doctor shouted stomping her foot. Sandra’s gleeful smile warped into a glare as he gave the doctor his full attention, “It isn’t killing me now and I don’t think it will kill before I finish talking with Andrew, so funking back off jabroni.”

“Sorry about Catherine,” Sandra said and bowed her head, “She can be such a jabroni sometimes, right?”

Andrew had paid neither the female doctor nor the . . . thing . . . any heed; their antics bothered many, but never had received so much as a single reaction from him. Instead Andrew handed Sandra a picture of a young boy standing next to his father and mother, all three smiling in front of one of the many baseball parks the Western government had built, “Mr. Richard’s son Franklin has just displayed unnatural powers. Report to the Richard household and procure young Franklin for processing.”

“Do I get to go now or . . .” Sandra trailed off glimpsing back at Catherine. “Franklin has displayed elastic physiology at first glance but it is uncertain which unnatural power has allowed him to stretch his arm. Catherine will complete her job.”

“Awe!” Sandra complained but obeyed nonetheless.

Closing the door to his office Andrew didn’t bother to flick on the light, “As usual Mr. Smith, you know just when you are needed.”

“My orders?” the mask wearing solider asked jumping straight into business. “Take Squadron Alpha and meet with Gamma in their search for Squadron Theta.”

“Yes sir!”

“Well those kids may have it rough now, but at least they have each other . . . and they live in what was once the most protective place in the entire world.”

Seiko nodded, also taking note she mumbled something to herself, but he shook it off. "You're right. And from what I've seen...this city has always pushed back from anything that was thrown at them. Heh...guess you could say its this city's own little power...."

His eyes turned to the sky above as he watched the clouds go by, as the conversation seemed to die down between the two. Seiko pushed himself off the boulder to continue working...only to have Lora pull him back into the conversation.

"Seiko . . . what would you do . . . no . . . what would you think if you saw an old friend who you knew was dead suddenly appear and attack your home for no reason with powers she never had when you knew her?”

This question caught the young Super off guard. Why would she ask such a question at him? He dug his hands into his pockets and sighed. "Truth be told Lora...I...I don't know what I would do. I mean, if I had a friend like that...I'd be overjoyed to see them...but...to have them attack my home...I guess I would feel enraged." he said, before looking directly at Lora as he sighed. "Damn...I don't really know Lora...I really don't. I'm sorry..."

Without warning Anne slapped Zack’s hand and ran off, calling out over her shoulder without looking back, “I heard Norman is in Todou’s private hospital room and Lady Kyou’s in the what was the second floor storage room since her old office is too unstable to use anymore!!!”

"Anne, wait!" Zack reached after her as he yelled, but didn't pursue. It stung a little, but it wasn't the first time he had been turned down by a pretty girl. He stepped out and shut the door behind him, checking to see that he did indeed have the key before allowing it to click shut. Zack then went to step off when he realized that he had no clue who Todou was or where his private hospital room was. Zack rubbed his chin in place for a moment as he decided what to do.

Zack heaved a sigh that exaggerated the rise and fall of his shoulders. "Guess I'll go visit Lady Kyou first then. She should be able to give me directions."

Zack continued to mumble about Norman's condition as he left the area. Once on his way he began humming to himself. He didn't really pay attention to any of the people he passed as he walked, to caught up in his humming and thoughts.

I really hope I didn't scare Anne. She seems like a really nice girl, though from her reaction she doesn't handle guys that well. That's all well and good I guess, considering I thought my heart was about to explode when she started blushing. Sunny was right, I'm all bravado when I talk to women. I just can't help but want to leave a good impression though.

Zack stopped as he reached the apparent perimeter, given that he was now standing before some guards. He was in the right building, granted he only knew by the lack of repairs happening nearby. Guess Lady Kyou was serious about fixing the city first.

Moving his hands to be slightly within his pant pockets, but able to quickly reach one of his weapons, Zack turned his head slightly towards the nearest guard. "Lady Kyou asked for me? I was told this was the area to meet her Eminence."

Zack stopped before a pair of guards outside the storage building. He was in the right building, granted he only knew that by the large force of guards nearby; with ever curious glance it seemed more and more appeared out of thin air. One of the two guards standing in front of him was more than familiar, his hat filthy and with a hole through it, and the man’s face obviously not pleased upon spotting Zack.

It was Zack’s luck that it was the officer that he had stolen from when all of this began. Cautiously, silently Zack slide his hands so they were able to quickly reach one of his weapons; anything more would’ve already made the tense guards strike, as it was they already looked like they were about to attack him just on suspicion alone. Zack turned his head towards the guard who had been shooting him nonstop death glares, “Lady Kyou asked for me? I was told this was the area to meet her Eminence.”

“Yes, she did,” the guard spat back. His fists were clenched so tightly that his knuckles were white, veins surfacing over thick hide at the boiling anger the guard felt towards Zack. His cooler-headed partner tapped his shoulder and motioned in seemingly a random direction. With a deep breath and a sigh the guard nodded, shot Zack one more hateful glare, and left. “I hope you’ll forgive Don. We were told that you were supposed to arrive sometime today. If you’d please hold still . . .”

The other guard stepped forward and pulled Zack’s hands out and away from his pockets, assuring him he wasn’t going to injure him; that courtesy didn’t naturally extend to any situation that Zack attacked first. Digging through his pockets the guard pulled his dagger and throwing darts out so he could hold them in front of Zack’s face, “Think you’ll need these inside?”

As soon as Zack had answered the guard laughed, shaking his head and moving the weapons so their owner couldn’t snatch them back, “No one else is armed inside and I doubt you’ll be attacked for no reason. But let’s just say, you’re still walking on thin ice with some of the others, even from the North, and seeing you unarmed will put a lot of peoples’ minds at ease.”

“Third door on the right, straight up, and it’ll be the first door on your left” was the directions the guard had given Zack and after being stopped by a few more guards to explain why he was inside the building, and even more guards looking at him and preparing to strike if they saw even the smallest reason to do so, Zack stood in front of where Lady Kyou had supposedly relocated. From outside she could hear people talking, discussing something with fervor, and even a bit of angry shouting.

“This is insane!” someone shouted followed by the bang of a hand on metal, the voice sounding much like Kallen. “It’s what we have to offer and the best we have.”

The second voice wasn’t recognizable.

“Seiko . . . what would you do . . . no . . . what would you think if you saw an old friend who you knew was dead suddenly appear and attack your home for no reason with powers she never had when you knew her?”

Seiko sighed, “Truth be told Lora . . . I-I don't know what I would do. I mean, if I had a friend like that . . . I'd be overjoyed to see them . . . but . . . to have them attack my home . . . I guess I would feel enraged.”

Lora looked down, her red bangs hiding her face, and sighed. “Well that wasn’t much help” she thought before Seiko apologized. “Nah, it’s alright. I guess I shouldn’t have expected you to have an answer that would magically make all of this better.”

“I just feel empty,” Lora said, probably louder than she had wanted, as the whistle blew to let everyone know that their shift was over and could go about the rest of their day however they wanted. As those who had been working alongside Lora and Seiko set their tools down, laughing and complimenting each other on a hard day’s work and general topics, Lora remained sitting atop the last boulder she and Seiko had moved. Her mind was replaying the last moments of Amber’s life, burning to death in front of her, as she had many times before, and her last words still sent a shiver down her spine:

“He knows . . . everything . . . all of your little . . . secrets . . .”

Who was he? How did he know everything? Was Amber, in her state of mind, whatever it may be, just talking crazy? What if she wasn’t!? It all just confused Lora as much as Amber’s unexpected and unannounced return from death, however momentary it was. Now to top everything off there were soldiers from the West inside the North and Lady Kyou was keeping her out of the loop. Even Anne was being kept out of the loop!

“Seiko did you hear those rumors about the Western soldiers who were let into the city and haven’t been seen since?” Lora crossed her arms, eyes narrowed at her friend. When he answered she looked to the wall, repairs done enough that an enemy couldn’t simply walk in, but with still a large hole in it, “Something is going on and I’m not being told what. I hate that. So I’m going to find out what.”

Lora’s stern face broke a bit, a smile spreading across her face as she looked back at Seiko, “I’m only telling you so you don’t get it in your head to try and stop me. If I have to leave the North without Kyou’s permission to figure out what the fucks going on, then I’m going too. No ifs, ands, or buts.”

The door opened noiselessly the moment Zack’s hand touched the surface, gliding across well-oiled hinges before coming to a stop once it completely opened. In the room everyone who had been talking naturally stopped seeing the door open, prepared to attack a possible intruder; nearly everyone relaxed when they saw it was Zack and that he was unarmed. Lowering her mechanical arm Kallen sighed and stood upright, “Koya please lower your hand. This is Zack, the person Lady Kyou suggested.”

“And you said Norman already cleared him?” the one named Koya asked, never lowering his hand as he glanced back at Kallen. “For the hundredth time, yes.”

Koya nodded and lowered his hand. The room was filled with an unusual mixture of Northern, Southern, and most out of place, Western military uniforms. Lady Kyou, Kallen, and a man Zack had caught glimpses of running through the city were accompanied by Micco and a man covered from head to toe in Southern military garb, even his head was covered; Koya was with a woman in very tight fitting metal armor and, of all things, a robot wearing the Western Insignia. Destined was oddly, and very noticeably, absent.

“Please sit down,” Koya offered gesturing to an empty chair, “We have a lot to go over.”

Archived