Redox and Pebbles hear the latest banlist announcement

CLG Klavier

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/yugioh/comments/2zvsvk/dragon_rulers_the_ban_list_narrative/

March 21, 2015

Dragon Rulers

Redox arrived to his home after a long night of trying revive the ol' D-Ruler gang for the 80th time. He was welcomed to the familiar scent of tribute dolls cooked by his wife, fairy dragon, along with his son Pebbles at the dinner table as well.

"How was dueling dear?", Fairy Dragon said with a cheerful caring tone.

"long tired sigh Rulers still aren't meta again, but I'm telling' ya, within time, we'll be back and when we return, we'll have Shaddoll, BA, Qli, and Yosenju running with their vanities between their legs!", Redox said with his voice shifting from dreary to hopeful while patting Pebbles on his head.

"Dad! You're still going to take me to watch regionals this weekend right!?", Pebbles said with an eccentric tone.

"Ahaha! Of course son! After all, I'm competing in it again!", Redox said with a hearty roar.

"Honey", Fairy Dragon said while dropping dishes in the sink. "I thought we talked about this".

"Dragon, dear", Redox said abruptly. "I told you I was going to compete again and I think we have a chance this time! I was talking with those meta fellows and they think they have a way to really get me back in the game! I'm tellin' ya, this is our year!"

Fairy Dragon sighs and the family proceeds to eat dinner.

After dinner, the family sits around the living room to watch Yugioh News (copyright pending).

Announcer: "And the moment we have all been waiting for, it's time for the April ban list."

"Turn it up, honey", Redox said to Fairy Dragon as the whole family leaned in closer to the TV.

The announcer shuffles his papers.

"clears throat Let's start with the recently unbanned...for the newly unbanned: Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Spirit Burner, Dragon, Ruler of Sparks, Gladiator Beast Bestiari, Gorz, the Emissary of Darkness, Lightning, Dragon Ruler of Drafts, Lonefire Blossom, Reactan, Dragon Ruler of Pebbles, Stream, Dragon Ruler of Droplets, Goyo Guardian, and Hieratic Seal of Convocation."

"HONEY, YOU MADE IT OFF THE LIST!!!", Fairy Dragon exclaimed while Redox and Pebbles jumped in victory.

"Daddy! Does this mean we can go to regionals...TOGETHER!?", Pebbles said ecstatically.

"Yes, son! Yes we can! And we'll have old friends to come with us!", Redox said with a bright red face.

"Newly limited: Sinister Serpent, Tour Guide From The Underworld, Dragon Ravine, Preparation of Rites, Saqlifice, Symbol of Heritage, Temple of the Kings, Crush Card Virus, Exchange of the Spirit, Ring of Destruction, Skill Drain, and Vanity's Emptiness", the announcer said.

"And newly semi-limited: Qliphort Scout, Legendary Six Samurai - Shi En, Nekroz of brionac, Charge of the Light Brigade, and Sacred Sword of Seven Stars", the announcer dully said.

"N-No way! Qli, Nekroz, and BA got hit!? And Ravine is unbanned??? Oh honey, I think we'll be able to afford that new sofa next month!", Redox said in disbelief.

"Oh, baby, I love you too!", Fairy Dragon said while passionately kissing Redox.

"And now for the newly banned", the announcer said with a grimace.

"shuffles papers once more Oh...dear..."

The Boulder family stood still as well as time itself.

"For the newly banned: Blaster, Dragon Ruler of Infernos, Tidal, Dragon Ruler of Waterfalls, Tempest, Dragon Ruler of Storms, Redox, Dragon Ruler of Boulders, and Snatch Steal", the announcer said practically tearing up.

Time was frozen once more.

"H...honey...", Fairy Dragon said while trying to put her hand on Redox's shoulder.

"M-My god...they...they got Blaster, Tidal, and Tempest. Yeah, snatch steal got hit too but..."

Redox flips the coffee table and punches a hole in the wall.

"BUT FOR GOD'S SAKE, THEY HAD FAMILIES. I HAVE A FAMILY!", Redox yelled in fury.

Redox looked in the dragon's mirror before grabbing his keys and Pebbles.

"Honey! Where are you taking my child!?", Fairy Dragon yelled while attempting to stop Redox only to knocked to floor by one swift fiendish chain.

Redox started his car and started speeding his way down the hill with his only and last destination: the ocean.

"Daddy! Why are you doing this? Where are we going? I'm scared!", Pebbles said while crying.

"Don't worry, son. We're going to a better place.", Redox said while choking on his words.

"A-Are we going to regionals?", Pebbles said with a hopeful whimper.

"...Yes, son. We're going to regionals. So just close your eyes and when you open them, we'll be there. We'll all be there...", Redox said with a fainting tone.

As Redox sped down the hill, police sirens could be heard in the distance along with the silhouettes of Blaster, Tempest, and Tidal seen standing on top of various buildings.

With every block closer to the ocean, the sounds of two consecutive thuds were heard while Redox's car sped towards the ocean.

The final thud was Blaster which caused an explosion of magma to light up the sky. Only to reveal the last image that Redox and Pebbles would ever see: the surface of the sea through a car windshield.

"Close your eyes, son", Redox said one final time to his son.

"Daddy...", Pebbles softly said.

"I love you, son", Redox said with tears streaming down his face.

The card hit the water and began to slowly sink to the bottom. Mermails just so happened to by and managed to reduce Pebbles before it was too late but unfortunately, could not save Redox.

As the Injection fairies took Pebbles into a rescue-roid while being accompanied by Fairy Dragon, Redox looked up from the front of his car to see the scene unfold.

"At least one of us made it out", Redox said as he sank to the bottom of the ocean: his salty grave.

I'll do more about Qli, BA, Nekroz, and Shaddolls tomorrow, but I need sleep right now.

I wrote something like this once as a prologue, back in the prime of rulers and Spellbook of Judgment. Actually I think what I wanted to write was the banlist split between OCG and TCG.

[spoiler=Hiya]
Before the Cataclysm, there was only chaos.

It was not the moral Chaos, that which pushes light and darkness through a circular struggle. This was an imbalance. Nature had been stirred. The world shook with every mighty stomp from every burning, freezing, ethereal or rock-solid limb that pressed against it. The sky was painted in all sorts of blinding colours, spells cast by the overwhelming Cult of the Prophecy. The most powerful of Spells floated as a great, defiant crest against the Rulers of the Elements.

But the magic and the bombings of the two mightiest races could not by themselves cause the anger and destruction which had been wrought upon this land. Below the mightiest battles, raging between practical demigods; fire and water clashed over and below the surface of the world. A race of martial artists and conquerors–The Brotherhood of the Fire Fist, they called themselves–using their powerful martial art skills and powerful combinations, opposed two deep-sea species of underwater warmongers: The Mermails, and the Atlanteans.

For almost two hundred days and nights, these four races alone could take pride in calling themselves inhabitants of their world. For you see, any and everyone else… they could do nothing, but cower in fear and seek refuge. A few were valiant enough to stand up to the viler powers: but it was no use, no matter their brilliant military prowess or sheer strength; nobody could stand up to them, and live to tell the tale.

Until one day, the Grand Spring –the source of the atrocities destroying the world and of every other species that had come before them – was about to give birth again. And so from the infinite void came those who could stand up to them. An ethereal Dragon, and its many winged companions –the Harpie Ladies – were a force to be reckoned with. Their wind-like agility was unmatched by both the Cult’s Spells and the Dragon Rulers’ might alike. Their strength could not be contested by the Land-dwelling Brotherhood, or by either of the Water Empires. They were saviours, but they would soon need saving themselves.

Because the Day of Judgment was approaching, as it did normally, two times every sweep.
And Genex Ally Birdman, at the steps of a crimson red pyramid, surrounded by thick fog and a brilliant, golden wind; hoped the Tablet would come as it always did, the harbinger of justice to those who destroyed the world as these races did.

---------------------------

Birdman knew the time was close, as the Shrine’s first step was illuminated by the blinding light of their maker, even through the thick smog. This was the sign. The light was never powerful enough to penetrate in the Mist Valley’s deepest reaches, except on this day.

He was relieved, yes; but he was also frantic with fear. He buzzed around the base of the pyramid; and flew rapidly to and from the top of the great monument. Sophia, the Annihilator and Creator, the Goddess of Beautiful Creation and Horrendous Destruction; that’s what the Mist Valley folklore spoke of.

Birdman never believed a word of it. If Sophia really had the powers to do any of what the Mist Valley said she could do, why could she not stop The Judgment?

Granted, he thought, I’ll never really understand it. But I don’t care. As long as the horrible catastrophe that the vowels of the Spring created can be eradicated, I don’t need to understand. I just want this world to be safe. Call it Sophia, call it lightning. In this day, as every time between sweeps, justice would be dealt.

Explosions and the loud noises of the elements could be heard in the distance. These were truly monsters. Ever since the Grand Spring had allowed the Dragon Rulers of the Elements to emerge, life had only grown worse and worse for everyone living in this hell of a world. When they began to breed… the real horror began. Their little offspring, spontaneously growing to immense sizes, made the race of conquerors that much deadlier.

Whether the Spring noticed this, or some cruel twist of fate caused it, the Rulers of the Elements’ appearance was not the end of the world’s problems. The Cult of Prophecy climbed out of the well of darkness around the same time as the Rulers.  They were not a match for them: The Rulers saw reinforcements climb out of the Spring as well. Were they Machines or were they Dragons –Birdman never knew. What he did know, and experienced, was the mass bombing they generated. Supremacy was indisputably with them.

Until the Spring acted up again. This time, no creatures came out of the dark well. This time, it was a bright crest. The Cult of Prophecy quickly understood what it did –it exponentially increased their magical capabilities. And they were quick to put it to good use. Even their weakest of casters could now stand up to not only the bomber Dragon-planes, but to the sheer numbers of the overwhelming Dragon Rulers. The Cult started recruiting powerful magi from existing schools of spellcraft, allowing them access to their powerful spellbooks in exchange for aid in their cause. Soon the battles raging in the sky were all the more magnificent. And all the more terrifying. They were no longer simply inhabitants of the world… They were more than that. They were bound to wipe each other, and everything else with them.

Meanwhile activity down to the ground became just as overwhelming. The Brotherhood dominated the land, with might capable of fighting off Zombie hordes and all the efforts of the Hunder Royal Family.

In the deepest reaches of the ocean, the Mermail Empire and the Atlantean citizens joined forces. With their superior military, the Atlanteans were able to maximize the Mermail leaders’ efficiency and proficiency in battle. Soon they were unstoppable.

And so water and fire clashed.

The Harpies did everything in their power, but Birdman knew they could not hold this world together. And even if they did… would they not be the next to the throne of supremacy, instead of the Dragon Rulers or the Cult? Birdman didn’t want to think about it. And it didn’t matter. The day was here.

Sure enough, not three minutes after the sun first hit the first step of the huge shrine, all sunlight was gone from the base of the pyramid. The unmistakable sound of the lightning of Judgment was approaching. There was not much time left, and Birdman was glad.

Looking up, he saw a black bird’s silhouette circling the shrine. He recognized the spear that clung to one of its appendages, and so he knew it meant no harm. The Blackwings were a peaceful tribe… ever since Judgment lightning took their greatest tactical asset from them. Just like it happened to Shi En and his Samurai, their time had long come and passed.

A familiar noise was heard once more, even when muffled by the now stronger lightning. Birdman chuckled inside, this must be the first time any of the four chaotic tribes ever saw the Day of Judgment. What a show, he thought, as he still shivered at the ominous sight. The tablet finally fell, and Birdman approached it at full throttle, lost between hope, excitement and fear.

The list was long. Many names were carved on the tablet. There were four segments on the stone tablet. Birdman started reading the first one –the one which announced those the lightning would strike down immediately, and permanently.  The Dragon Ruler hatchlings, the Cult of Prophecy’s power crest. That was all, but it was more than enough. His kin would be safe from them now, and he was ecstatic. His grin only widened as he read that the deadliest style of the Brotherhood fighters –the Rooster technique – would be hunted down one by one by Judgment, until only one remained.

Even the high commanders of the Merlantean alliance, the Abyssteus; the Judgment was about to hand the justice which needed to be handed.

In his joy, he almost failed to notice his own species right below the Abyssteus.

Almost.

Fear took over him instantly, but it did not last long. He knew that everybody he had ever known would soon be in the same place he would go to. Maybe Sophia is real after all, he murmured quietly as he hovered to the ground and knelt, awaiting the final flash of light before his life was over.

But it did not come. Instead, the crashing sound that the Tabled had made came again. Birdman jumped up into the air and hovered, scared and panicked. He flew around the tabled and, sure enough… another tablet stood right next to the first one, atop the shrine.

The lightning was deafening now, but it was not yet striking down. Birdman did note, however, that no sounds of the raging combat heard earlier were reaching him anymore. He floated towards the other tablet, and read it in disbelief. Stratos… A Number, as well. If what this tablet was to be regarded as accurate… innocents would be slaughtered.

What did this second tablet mean?  Had the Judgment changed its mind right before it happened? Could that even happen? Which one was the right one? Then the thought hit him, and he read this second tablet: It didn’t matter to him, his kind was written in both of them. A half-dead chuckle escaped its metallic beak, everything was over now. His life was over, until Judgment decided it was time to let him live again.

He thought, as he lay down in despair, about the one of his species who would be left to roam the vast world, all by himself. What a lonesome experience that must be. I would… I would kill myself, even if I was the only one left. They might as well wipe us all, why must one bear the burden of an entire race?

He closed his eyes, as it was over. The lightning started zapping around. The Wind of the Valley itself was stopping, disappearing. Cries of agony left the skies and the oceans and the land. Mass extinction, which he had always thought of as justice, now looked like a cruel yet merciful end to meet.

And then just as suddenly as it began, it stopped.

And Birdman took only a small second to realize, as he got up and stood on his small legs; that he was now alone.

But before he had the time to sulk, he noticed something else. The other half of the shrine, the one which the first tablet had fallen to, was now nowhere to be seen. Instead, he looked down. The shrine and the valley itself… no, even the sky was torn in half. Like… half of the world was missing.

[/spoiler]

Archived