Pokemon Adventures/Pokemon Special manga

Okay so since I don't see a topic for this, and I've been reading it a lot. Figured I'd make a topic. Soooo, I suppose discuss the Pokemon Manga.

Which, in my opinion, is a surprisingly good manga and actually a much better representation of the franchise than the anime.

I'm currently at the final battle in Emerald. My favorite arc so far was probably Ruby/Sapphire (All dem feels) but my favorite character is Crystal.

So basically this is an open discussion of the manga. Please keep all spoilers in, well, spoilers.

I see what you're doing  :Kappa: and i applaud the commitment  :Snoop Dogg:

now i'm just using emoji  :526094_key:

I never got into the manga, mainly because when me and my friend were young, he had the first volume of the whole thing and we didn't think they were ever bringing anything else over so we never looked into it any more, not even to read it online. Actually that's a lie, my friend used Serebii to read all the plots through like Emerald, but I'm not sure if he ever actually read the manga. My only experience thus far is now an arbok getting fucking merc'd and also Sapphire taking her clothes off a lot because I was 14 and liked that this was a thing that happened.

I know this is gonna be a boring thing to say but my favorite arc is RS and characters like Ruby and Sapphire. I feel like the beginning had like many things a case of early installment weirdness and while it was all well and fun, started getting better around then. I did read up to 4 of those mini BW volumes and for now as you can probably guess from what I said my runner up would be the DPP arc. When I really think about it it's either that or the characters that resonated with me the most at this point, their dynamic was so well done. 

Yeah... gonna have to actually go with that.  Gen 3 may be my favorite in the games and hell even kinda sorta still the anime (though, agree with the manga being a better representation. Like, in the end... the anime actually has a closer plot at this point, somehow, but this still represents the whole world better), but looks like that's not gonna fly for this.

After saying all that without actually spoiling anything, I'm gonna do the same with BW. So far, it seems like absolutely the most shounen thing out of all this manga, but like always it's a fun enough read and I'm hoping some good development comes.

Yea, Adventures is insanely good. Its a very different take on the feel of the Pokemon world and it just works so well. Look, it has the pokedex descriptions mean something for how the Pokemon battle and the ideas are both out there and grounded in the world. It kind of sucks that I read through it so long ago since a lot of the early plot elements aren't really easy for me to recall. Part of that is the sporadic uploads. ATM I'm about half way into the B/W arc and I haven't had the time to catch up on whats currently been uploaded.

I only remember reading through a bit of this when I was younger(Never finished the R/S arc but goddamn, Ruby-Sapphire ship makes my heart go dokidoki). Yellow arc was probably my favorite. Yellow was a pretty respectable guy with a neat power and chemistry with Red's Pikachu that I liked.

[spoiler=also]YELLOW'S A GIRL. WTFEJWOIJEWIWEIOJGWOJEWJGEWKFJEWKLFJEWLKJEWKLGJWHJOIWJIJQGDSGJSDKLSJDL:KGJSDKLGJSKDGJ

I was actually quite shocked at the reveal since somehow I snagged a copy of volume 4(The start of Yellow's arc) before volumes 1-3(The RGB arc). Actually, the fact that I read Yellow first might've been why I like it the most, now that I think about it.[/spoiler]

I had always enjoyed reading the Pokémon Adventures manga because it had such a good plot, definitely better than the anime. Although I kinda stopped reading it following the conclusion of the Emerald Chapter.

I really wish I could say the D/P/Plat arc was good but I really don't remember it all that well. Like, I don't doubt it was good and that my forgetting it was due to low quality, but because it was so long ago. I can say the HG/SS stuff was good, just that reading it off and on because it had such a checked upload made things annoying.

So I am a decent amount into D/P now and I wanted to express my opinion.

While it's not as feels-y and intense as the R/S/E and FR/LG chapters, it's...entertaining. It's a little jarring after reading those but I like it. It still has action moments but it's a lot more laid back and humorous. I'm laughing a lot more than I normally do at the jokes so that's nice.

I haven't gotten to anything really important, plot-wise, so maybe it gets more action later but for now I'm fine with how it's going.

Aaand nice timing because just got to a feels-y part, sheesh....

[spoiler=spoiler]Poor Bodyguards....[/spoiler]

I really wish I could say the D/P/Plat arc was good but I really don't remember it all that well. Like, I don't doubt it was good and that my forgetting it was due to low quality, but because it was so long ago. I can say the HG/SS stuff was good, just that reading it off and on because it had such a checked upload made things annoying.

I had been meaning to read the DPt chapter because I knew there was that one loose end (from the FRLG chapter) that if I recall correctly, was tied up in that chapter. Of course I didn't have the time to read it.

While it's not as feels-y and intense as the R/S/E and FR/LG chapters, it's...entertaining. It's a little jarring after reading those but I like it. It still has action moments but it's a lot more laid back and humorous. I'm laughing a lot more than I normally do at the jokes so that's nice.

That's exactly why I feel it's a cut above the rest. There's that, but then it actually will have it's moments, like the one you mentioned, that in the end are around the same level as most things before it, imo.

This was a fun read a few years ago. I stopped after the Emerald arc since life happened and the beginning of DPPt wasn't as engrossing as the others. But I'll reread this the whole way through at some point, because it is pretty good.

Just curious, was Black/White fully scanlated and is anyone doing X and Y right now?

This was a fun read a few years ago. I stopped after the Emerald arc since life happened and the beginning of DPPt wasn't as engrossing as the others. But I'll reread this the whole way through at some point, because it is pretty good.

Just curious, was Black/White fully scanlated and is anyone doing X and Y right now?

What I'm doing is starting to buy the damn thing now, it is actually pretty worth doing so imo. At least when they come out with box sets. So I am gonna mention Viz has started XY. They finished BW as well, not B2W2 though it's pretty much really only been started in Japan from the looks of Bulbapedia. A quick check on multiple sites looks like XY hasn't been started yet otherwise, but there is in fact the last chapter of BW. Though I do wish I had just left it at Viz.

Archived