Dueling Network Tournament Discussion Thread

So, title says it all. I got bored and got an idea of doing this. I'm trying to do a Dueling Network Tournament. I need help figuring out prizes, rules... and all that stuff. If anybody has any suggestions, please let me know in this thread or PM me.

My suggestion is that we do as a monthly thing or whatever suits you guys, just like the contests and duel portal. Some things that I'm not sure about are the rules and prizes, but you guys can help me figure that out. Also, because I'm a sophomore in high school and some of you guys have your commitments, we need to figure out who's going to host the tournament each month. That's why I also think it's a good idea to have a group of staff for this kind of thing so that way, we can keep this going without worrying if I'm too busy to do it or all that.

Klavier has expressed interest in being part of this. If you guys are interested in joining this "staff team" to make it happen, PM me and I'll add you as a friend. If you have any suggestions, let me know.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if I would be a part of the organization, unless that doesn't eliminate me from playing in it. If it doesn't, I'm in.

Monthly sounds good to be honest, since it could be spanned through like an entire week, so all the people don't have to be on at the same time and more participants can join in.

If it goes for prizes,

Tournaments get funding of 200 points for each participant.

(source)

So I guess that's mostly covered.

Oh, also, we have a tournament section, so maybe ask a mod to move this: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/forum/48-tcg-and-ocg-news-information-and-tournaments/

Alright, I like that idea. But somebody, if that's first place prize, what about second and third, but I like the idea. Ask moderators to give some funding of points. So, I guess we need to take care of rules.

Also, while we're doing this, we're trying to do, kinda of, a "staff team" and this is who I got so far and the organizing of it, let me know what you think:

1) yugiohcreator876 - Head of Dueling Network Tournament

2) Klavier - Vice Head of Dueling Network Tournament

3) feeel - Staff

4) KingOfOblivion - Staff

5) FinalDan - Staff

It also be great if a moderator could be part of this "staff team".

Also, I asked Sakura to move this section. Hasn't replied yet, but I'll let you know where it's been moved.

Also, I'm thinking there won't be a theme like the monthly contest series. Unless, you guys have any suggestions.

Pls DNCG, we can hit OCG cards that are hit in the OCG if you want, like the star seraphs...

Custom banlists are even messier and way too subjective for a tournament structure.

If anything, IMO, we should go purely TCG, BUT! Allow cards that are CONFIRMED to be released in TCG. Which means that if for example CORE went out during those tournaments, we CAN use the cards from it since the set will be TCG at some point. Same goes for confirmed imports (like Star Seraphs and whatnot).

Custom banlists are even messier and way too subjective for a tournament structure.

If anything, IMO, we should go purely TCG, BUT! Allow cards that are CONFIRMED to be released in TCG. Which means that if for example CORE went out during those tournaments, we CAN use the cards from it since the set will be TCG at some point. Same goes for confirmed imports (like Star Seraphs and whatnot).

Kewls, just thinking about all the random jars of avarice that are in people's decks.
I might post my deck and get people to say what to change to make it tourney worthy.

I guess we should take a poll on which one do people prefer. I don't know how to do polls, but if you can do it, that would be great!

That's a next level triple post man xP

@Oblivion: I just figure it's the best middle ground. It lets people toy with new cards in a tournament setting, but eliminates all the stupid stuff (NODEN?!)

Something occured to me. If we are going to do a Dueling Network Tournament, do we do match or single and which section should participants host the tournament against their opponent.

I also two amazing ideas. In order to prevent cheating, participants must submit their deck and one of us has to check each of their deck to see if it follows whatever format we are using. Also, while the duel starts, one of the "staff" has to watch one of the duels during the tournament and report whether there was cheating or not. I know it might sound crazy, but just trying to do something that prevents cheating.

Something occured to me. If we are going to do a Dueling Network Tournament, do we do match or single and which section should participants host the tournament against their opponent.

I also two amazing ideas. In order to prevent cheating, participants must submit their deck and one of us has to check each of their deck to see if it follows whatever format we are using. Also, while the duel starts, one of the "staff" has to watch one of the duels during the tournament and report whether there was cheating or not. I know it might sound crazy, but just trying to do something that prevents cheating.

If it's a tournament then we kinda HAVE TO go for the match format. We could do some crazy stuff like snatching the Hearthstone format, but that's pushing it. The games can be arranged through PMs or whatever, so no problem. We announce the pairings for the round, and let them sort it out.

Deck checks...see, this is the weird part. Yeah, as you said, it IS kinda silly and would require multiple people to patron over this to be on at specific hours...I don't think it would work out. I think deck checks are fine, but spectating the games...that's kinda pushing it. Really hassly and hard to execute. We just gotta trust people aren't gonna be total dicks and modify decks between rounds.

Nevermind, correct me if I understand this. I think doing match is better. Makes it more exciting! So, you're saying that participants just submit the deck they'll be using the whole tournament ans that's it, because I'm totally okay with that. I agree with you that watching all the duels is pushing it!

Don't check decks, but I think duel watching could be good. Cus then if they play an illegal card they can point it out. You don't HAVE to have your duel watched, but the finals/ more important rounds will probably get more attention.

Edit: Don't pay too much attention to this, klaviers idea below is a better one.

Yeah, I mean, I still think that's deck submits would be purely for organization sake/possible glorification (like posting top 4 decks and whatnot) PLUS the reference material IN CASE someone is suspected of cheating.

Don't check decks, but I think duel watching could be good. Cus then if they play an illegal card they can point it out. You don't HAVE to have your duel watched, but the finals/ more important rounds will probably get more attention.

But that's exactly what deck submits accomplish. Pre-eliminary elimination of illegal cards/allowing people to correct themselves to avoid honest mistakes.

Archived