Dueling Network Tournament Discussion Thread

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a tournament yo. You probably don't bring Cyberdarks or whatever here. EDIT: Plus I honestly doubt there would be a lot of people bringing Bekroz or whatever else is tier 1 currently. All in all, this is intended to be pretty casual and there are no real prizes, so.

And honestly no idea, we're still so much in the planning phase our plans are having plans.

I don't think people are appreciative enough of meta decks sometimes. This is an even playing field, it's not like some rich kid has Nekroz and everyone else is stuck playing Ritual Beasts, everyone has the same access to cards. I can assure you Nekroz mirror matches, in fact most matches vs Nekroz, are very skillful and are likely to advance you as a player. By all means, we can do some tournaments in a fun format (I still stand by Goats, and obviously we can do modified lists at some point), but I think the main bulk of tournaments should be with meta decks allowed. It's not even as if this is a particularly obnoxious format, it's not as if there's loop-ups or Laggia set 5 Rabbit going around these days.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, so let's see what we have so far

- Points (mods will fund or participants can fund them IF they want to) It'll be like a pot kind of thing

- People will do matches, not single

- Tournaments will be Swiss

- We rotate formats on each tournament

- Pairing will be random

- Participants need to submit the deck they'll be using during the tournament

- Rounds will be weekly (e.g. 1st week- 8 pairs, 2nd week-winning 4 pairs etc)

Unless I'm missing anything or we need to discuss something, I'll leave ihop in charge of hosting the first tournament! I'll make sure that it runs smoothly! Hopefully, after the first tournament, we get an idea of how it went and things we need to improve on!

One more thing - what are we going to do about card legalities for this tournament? Since CORE is being put on DN so soon it'd be cool if we did OCG, but then nobody wants to play against Infinity or Noden. My inclination would be to use TCG as well as OCG base set cards, excluding Japanese and Korean exclusives.

One more thing - what are we going to do about card legalities for this tournament? Since CORE is being put on DN so soon it'd be cool if we did OCG, but then nobody wants to play against Infinity or Noden. My inclination would be to use TCG as well as OCG base set cards, excluding Japanese and Korean exclusives.

If I recall one of the suggestions was to use cards that are confirmed for seeing an English release in a realistic time period, so yeah that should work fine.

I know I said one more thing, but one more more thing - we need a name! If these are going to be regular I'd suggest something like "The YCM tour", but if anyone has any better ideas lmk. This can be changed midway through, so there's no desperate rush, but right now I just need something to call it.

Archived