Dueling Network Tournament Discussion Thread

That's another idea I was thinking of and it'd be really cool but I think it depends on activity - if there's only a small amount of people entering regular tournaments it might not be worth cutting the amount of people even further.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys are seriously overreacting. Videos, really? [...]

Too much security makes people feel like they're immediately assumed cheaters. Just let it roll. Plus most of the time cheaters are easy to pick up anyways.

I suggested it as a good measure to prevent bad stuff from happening. It's difficult to do (as I've already said), so I didn't even made a big deal of it.  ;)

weekly tournaments seem like a bit of a push. It's relatively difficult to get a match scheduled since matches of Yugioh take quite a while, and it's possible that each tournament will take multiple weeks up to a month depending on how many rounds it has

If there are 32 participants (which are many) and the average matches per day are 3 then it seems fine. Some days will have more, others less. With fewer participants, it'll be a lot better. Basic logic, but maybe very inaccurate to what the real problems are? Besides connection problems or tight offline schedules...

Also, it'd be cool if a few people could maybe do feature matches, so either live commentating on a match and using recording software or even just writing analysis on the match (I'm happy to do the second and I could probably do the first but idk anything about recording software). 

The 1st one looks cool  --I may do this but hm-- , but the commentator(s) should be present every time, have quite the knowledge of many cards and, at least, speak clear and understandable English. Also, if for any reason the video is interrupted or filled with unwanted stuff, the commentator(s) would have to make it up by writing an analysis or something else.

The 2nd is easier and more appealing to most people (it's good that you at least are interested) but either way, someone has to volunteer.  :\

I love the idea of doing a championship series, but I think right now, we'll just focus on monthly tournaments and see how the year goes. If the year goes well, we can consider doing a championship thing for 2016, maybe?

I like the idea of commentating during matches, I'll let ihop be in charge of finding commentators.

I definitely think we need logos. I would also like us to have our own thread like "Duel Portal" and all that. Klavier or whoever can be in charge of this, I think we need four logos:

Mine will say Head of DNT

Klavier's will be Vice Head of DNT

ihop will be DNT Staff

KingOfOblivion's will be DNT Staff

Point is, we need something so that way, people can tell that we're in charge of organizing these tournaments.

I don't know what "Swiss tournament" format is, but whatever solution possible is great. I'll leave ihop in charge of finding an online thing or of teaching us how to do it.

So, I guess some of us got work to do. We just need to figure out who wants to do the prize logos like the Sakura Contest Series.

Would it be possible to have, instead of prize logos, smaller trophies in the postbit which can then stack up? It means that you can easily get multiple awards at once, and they can also be applied to other areas of the site (I hear there's a 1v1 leaderboard and I imagine there's some sort of art competition, not to mention the seasonal competitions).

I'm totally onboard with this.

Maybe we could make it like the Yugituber Grand Championship, where each duelist uses their "signature" deck, a deck they are known for supporting and utilizing commonly, such as Black using Performapals or evilfusion using Photon/Galaxies.

That's rad as fuck. I'm so in.

I'm a bit concerned about this signature deck thing because it seems somewhat exclusive which is exactly what I want to avoid, with people either not having a signature deck for whatever reason, or just being new and not being established in the community. Also, I think it has the tendency to bring out the worst in people due to not everyone knowing everyone's signature deck ("my signature deck is Nekroz lolol") which is going to leave people like Black using Performapals at a bit of a disadvantage.

I'm a bit concerned about this signature deck thing because it seems somewhat exclusive which is exactly what I want to avoid, with people either not having a signature deck for whatever reason, or just being new and not being established in the community. Also, I think it has the tendency to bring out the worst in people due to not everyone knowing everyone's signature deck ("my signature deck is Nekroz lolol") which is going to leave people like Black using Performapals at a bit of a disadvantage.

It was an idea for laughs and we all know it. It would be really damn unfair :P

I was actually kind of serious, and just throwing out the idea, but you have a valid point.

Unlike on YouTube, where it's easier to spot someone's preferred deck based on what they use in various videos, here, it's more difficult due to the medium.

Archived