Nisekoi:

Nicο

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they're going to start doing it in 12 episode spurts, since Nisekoi's a popular franchise that Shaft can hold onto for a while by churning out a season every other season cycle. That also has the added benefit of letting the manga get further ahead and maybe even finish before Shaft catches up.

Good episode, I liked a lot of the art style used, particularly some of the night backgrounds.

Raku gets serious... it's that kinda schedule that only fictional characters can have... right? Because holy cow. But yeah, mother is pretty scary and really doesn't seem to care jack squat about her family all that much. Least it was best girl focused again. :D

Chotoge's mom is VERY bad at expressing herself. I knew she couldn't be all bad, but if this is how it is... wow. I am bad at predicting things, but I blame it on how extreme things tend to be in an otherwise normal rom-com. Otherwise I'd know this ep's kind of story coming a mile away by now.

• 2 weeks later...

Frankley I don't care to even imagine. What I DO care about, is how awesome this is: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-05-21/nisekoi-sequel-anime-8th-episode-to-adapt-magical-girl-spinoff-manga/.88402

It's like 2 of my favorite worlds colliding, sucks that it doesn't seem like the precure, or other action kinda magical girls, though.

I was a bit surprised at Haru's voice, but by the end of the episode I like it. She may hate him now, but we'll just wait and see... (I'm totally saying that because I've read ahead in the manga.)

Did you not watch the OVAs? I suppose it would make more sense not to until it gets far enough, since some or all of them adapt later chapters, but you've read the manga, so I figured that wouldn't be an issue. It's not even an issue anyway, but yeah. At any rate, voice is chou-kawaii, Haru makes me squeal. (*≧∀≦*) 

So yeah. That "adaption" of that magical girl spin off was a dud. Though I'm not sure if this is really what it's like, it felt like more of an abridged thing than an actual adaption. It's clear that was intentional but I would have liked it more if it was a whole episode. At least I liked the transformations. Rest of the ep on the other hand was pure genius, just more Haru goodness. 

So yeah. That "adaption" of that magical girl spin off was a dud. Though I'm not sure if this is really what it's like, it felt like more of an abridged thing than an actual adaption. It's clear that was intentional but I would have liked it more if it was a whole episode. At least I liked the transformations. Rest of the ep on the other hand was pure genius, just more Haru goodness. 

Agreed, I would have much preferred a whole episode but oh well. Shuu as the villain was just amazing though. 

• 5 weeks later...

Is this season of the anime only 12 episodes long? I feel like it is, but I was expecting another 20. Kind of a shame since they still have a lot of awesome arcs to cover from the manga. Still, we'll be getting more down the line, just finding out that its already wrapped up for the season caught me off guard.

Yeah, I'm glad I got that out of the way early since I use MAL and such, I'd generally be on top of episode counts. Still didn't really feel as much like a season wrap-up, tbh. I mean kind of, but not really. There should easily be more coming eventually though, yeah.

Yeah, I'm glad I got that out of the way early since I use MAL and such, I'd generally be on top of episode counts. Still didn't really feel as much like a season wrap-up, tbh. I mean kind of, but not really. There should easily be more coming eventually though, yeah.

Whats weird to me is they had a REALLY good story arc to end things off of. Instead they skipped it to save for next season. The last 2 episodes would have made for much better starts to a new season since they establish the 2 female leads than they did as an end for this season.

[spoiler=Thoughts (manga spoilers)]Haru realising she likes Raku might have been alright for an ending, but it wouldn't have felt right if it wasn't a Chitoge based ending. That and Yui will have to wait until season 3.

By the looks of it season 3 will almost certainly be a thing. Though you won't see me complaining if we get Kizu instead.

Archived