Nisekoi:

Nicο

72626l.jpg

YES THAT'S THE NAME OF SEASON 2. So yeah, haven't gotten past even where the first season ends manga wise, and with the new season outright premiering this month (well already), I assume there to be at least some focus on the anime, so plz put anything past that in spoiler tags. I have a lot more to say than I thought I would so I'll just get this up first, plz reply.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • That OP is just full of YEAH RIGHT in an amazing way, moreso than ever. My favorite moment was Ruri throwing the umbrella, and Raku catching it all cool, like "Thanks for the helpful umbrella. Especially when I can save us by opening it less than a second before we hit the ground."
  • It was also crazy in a 2 new suuuuuuuuupeeer cuuuuuuuuute girls kind of way.
  • I was dreading Mariko showing up after seeing a PV. Out of all the crazy things that can happen, it was just so awkward. 
  • Geez. At least they spent the better part of the ep focusing on best girl. Poor Chitoge, not noticing Raku noticed all her changes... if it's something as blatant as the ribbon, the only thing you CAN do is talk about it, but strangely enough, it was the only thing he didn't notice, haha... I guess the lesson of this episode is... try to notice girlfriend's changes, speak up about the ones you do?
  • Ah but I forgot to watch the OVAs. Guess I know what my priority is now.

But now we also get Haru! Second best girl!

[spoiler='I did spoil myself I little, and that is exactly it.']Looks like her sister, only even cuter? I'm inclined to agree![/spoiler]

Yes, this is why I was so surprised I had so much to say. Only a rom com, but I guess that's just the way I am... guess I can give it up to such terrific execution.

But more importantly, more tsundere!

Top 3 are Chitoge, Haru, and Tsugumi. Maybe you notice a pattern in my judgement.

I see. I see. I like everyone more than Tsugumi but that works too. Too much boob (what the hell am I saying). Made my spoiler pointless but evidently you can guess from the OP.

Wait really? Am I the only guy rooting for the Onodera here? Usually I'd find a few more of our people around...

Me, I do. Though I'm good with Chitoge as well, and I'm expecting her to be who he picks in the end.

Tsugumi's pretty popular, probably because she's a fun character. I don't ship her with Ichijo at all, but they make a good pair. 

Though we all know RurixShu best (friend)ship.

Word to big bird.

That chapter with that photo (you know the one) was one of my favorite moments of the series.

Word to big bird.

That chapter with that photo (you know the one) was one of my favorite moments of the series.

Legit cried at the end of that, probably gave me the biggest feels of the series.

In terms of actually shipping the two together, I'd rate Onodera higher, but in terms of just being best girl I'm still Chitoge > Haru > Tsugumi for top 3.

And there's still more Onodera here that hasn't showed up yet. 

I must admit I'm probably far too impressionable in the fact that I read the one-shot first, which is easily the exact same thing apart from not having a lot of the other characters and their quirks that increase the enjoyment (so Chitoge was the only choice, it's a nice little bonus for her fans and/or people who think it's going on way too long) and having a conclusion. Well, that and I love tsunderes, though that's not always a win win for me.

YCM best girl tally I know of:

Chitoge: 4

Onodera: 5

Tsumugi: 2

Includes 2 Chitoge & Onodera not posted here yet, it's just I do tend to remember pointless things.

I didn't know there was a Nisekoi oneshot until I looked it up after reading your post, so at first I thought you were talking about Nisekyuu!!

That's cool. That gave me a bit of insight on Haikyuu!!'s characters, and Ore Koi!! (another crossover) for My Love Story!! (damn all the double exclamation points). It was cool of them to do that, but especially crossing over with a shoujo manga. Really looking forward to getting around to check out the anime of that.

Ah, so literally the only girl that's never clicked with me... but wait! It focuses just about as much on the introduction of one of those super cute girls! Flat is justice! All therm feels! Tsugumi x Paula! 

Eh? Raku, the supposed most accustomed to Japanese culture out of who was there, not itadakimasuing? Learn your manners. Oh, he certainly has them, just chooses to ignore that one thing. Okay. Maybe I just didn't hear it, but it didn't seem like that.

So MAL lists this as 12 episodes. They didn't list the first season as anything 'till it was confirmed for 20, so I'm gonna miss the non-standard episode number, if only because it's a little over half as long. At least I can say it didn't get completely cut in half, like say, LB Refrain, nobody likes them 10 ep series.

I assume Nisekoi will have a third season though. I don't think 32 episodes are enough to cover the entire manga.

There have been many really short anime adapted from manga of such length... but then again, not only is this such length, it is also Shounen Jump, so it's gotta have quite a following to be this far already. Probably will be more than this, sucks it wont seep into next season though.

Archived