Question for you irl players who've gone to large events

Mugendramon

The trouble with distracting sleeves is that they are always shit quality and will start to show obvious signs of wear before long. Major tournaments are obviously looking out for that sort of stuff and, while afaik I don't think having distracting sleeves is against the rules it's probably going to attract judge attention and deck checks which will most likely lead to game losses because the chances of numerous sleeves being damaged or marked is so high. It's not worth it imo.

Suppose you bought the sleeves speifically for this and are only using them now, they're mintier than your cards. Just how little abuse can they take before they're marked to the point of being visibly distinct?

Depends on the manufacturer.

AFAIK many of the ones available in the west are quite easily peeled off after just >20 games, especially if you shuffle roughly and didn't use a good playmat. There's also things like Bushiroad's official sleeves and the generally better quality character sleeves, which could handle more abuse before signs of damage shows.

Again, this depends on how rough you play.

If you go up against someone that, say for example, has a strong dislike of MLP- You quickly swap your sleeves to ones with Pinkie Pie on them :Kappa:

Back when DN gave everyone free custom sleeves/avatars for a week, I used sleeves that had Pinkie holding a chainsaw on them; I got a handful of negative reactions, which was silly. Unintentional, but still pretty silly.

Archived