Pokemon Shuffle

Flame Dragon

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True.

Also, today, perhaps in a misguided effort to reassure me that it DOESN'T hate me, Lugia-chu gave me everything. An RML, a Skill Booster S, and a PSB, the RML dropping first.

Ho-oh-chu, perhaps upset at being praised over its brethren, dropped nothing but a PSB.

Weirdly, today was the only time this week that I fought Ho-oh first. Every other time, I did Lugia-chu first. Coincidence? ...yes, probably.

Also, I've beaten Stage 150 of the Escalation Battle. Whee!

Huh, funny. Today I got a RML and PSB from Lugiachu, but only a PSB from Ho-Oh. So that makes 2 RMLs so far, which is nice.

I'm on stage 137 so far of the Escalation, but will robably stop at 150. I doubt I or my mons are good enough for anything higher. Granted 'Ive only really needed Attack Up so far for the major battles (and 10s for the 130 match), so maybe I should keep going after the mega comp. I wanna get my Gyarados and W-Manaphy up though, since right now they're both level 8.

Just beat Stage 250. I'm probably done, though. Sure, 50 more stages will give me 2 Speedups and 3 RML, but that means 2 more "boss" stages, each which will definitely need full items. I'm happy, though. I'm currently sitting on 3 Speedups and 6 RMLs, plus probably another 4x of each from the Garchomp competition...

*checks* Yeah, 4x of each. I'm in place 325, which is securely in Tier 2, and there's less than 2 hours to go.

So I'll have another week to CONSIDER finishing off the Escalation Battle, but will have 7 Speedups and 10, yup, TEN, RML to make me content for now. Not even sure what I want to do with those. Maybe finish off Machamp, or Angry-chu, or Diancie, or Charizard, or just keep them...

We'll see.

Plus, I've got another 12k of coins, so I won't even be starting the week off borderline broke! It's a pittance of cash, but...

So, we got an odd funking Safari this fortnight. Goldeen, Seaking, Krabby, and Kingler. But then we have, for some reason, Plusle, Minun, and 2 more Pikachu (because we TOTALLY need more Pikachus). I say this is odd since water and electric have no mutual weakness. Also there are no item drops sadly, so repeats are pointless. Also the catch rates are all below 20%... a-funking-gain.

I was in the 3x range, since my best score 57k only kept me just barely in the 4x range. But sadly someone got luckier than I did.

Yeah, this Safari is more of a pain. Which is why I'm going to gloat now.

I found both Pikachu, literally one after the other. I had encountered everything else (except Kingler and the Pikas) at least once, but caught NONE of them because bad catch rate and me saving my Great Balls.

Pikachu - Kimono boy appears! It unfortunately required 2 Great Balls to capture. Very next stage, Kimono Girl! No Great Ball required. 2 stages later, Kingler! Also captured.

I'll probably be done with this Safari by tomorrow.

I've been using a pure Ground team (Camerupt, Golurk, and Landorus - T) because the rare spawns were Electric and Ground is the ONLY thing Electric is weak to. I used my 7 Speedups on Camerupt because I know it's good. Still got the 10 RML to consider who to give them to.

I went with a Grass team figuring I'd get all the water types before I saw the new Pikachus. When I hit 2 I was like, maybe I should use ground types when I get a 3rd just incase. And then Pikachu happened and I lost. I was sad. I then switched to a ground team and now have all the water types so I'd have done that now anyway. Interestingly I haven't seen Minun once. Wonder whats up with that.

Also, it is nice they gave us 30 more hearts for the safari. I had like 90 so I'm burning through them a little to make things a little easier.

By the first day I've already acquired 6 of 8, with only Kimono Boy and Minun remaining. Thankfully I didn't need a Great Ball for the rarer stuff.

As for teams, I used M-Ray, Virizion, and Groudon. Split-pushing seemed to work, and y'know, M-Ray is always good. I've swapped Virizion out now since I got all the waters.

EDIT: Scratch that, I'm donezo. I caught Minun a little after posting, and just found KB Pikachu directly after a repeat of KG Pikachu. I needed a Great Ball, but it was worth it to be done with this detour.

Nice!

I'm only missing Seaking...which I've only encountered ONCE and haven't so much as glimpsed since. I've since converted to a Grass Team, but I just quit out of the other stages because they have no replay value, whereas the last Safari (with Winking Manaphy) was definitely worth slogging through, even after catching everything, due to Starmie's Exp, the Exp Booster drops, and Staryu's 600 coins.

So, new competition that DOESN'T involve a mega stone this time. Also, this seems to be more item based, with us getting twice the RMLs you get compared to the Speedups, with the other prize being a Skill Swapper. So yeah, this is a good time for trying to get RMLs.

Also, be sure to get the female Wobbuffet, as she can be easily missed.

Yeah, I almost didn't notice that the Wobbuffet was different.

Bunch of Pokemon got RML compatibility. And COME ON! They finally gave Absol RML...right after the Giratina - O competition. I had literally been wondering why Absol didn't have RML compatibility yet.

I'm just so relieved that Accelgor and Escavalier don't use RMLs. You will definitely want them and Genesect for the Competition (and I used my free RMLs to bump Genesect the rest of the way. Still got 4, still debating who to use them on, as I used 5 of my original 10 to bump Machamp to 20).

Last week was great, as I was grinding coins (over 60k), and then started doing level grinding for Pokemon that I had gotten to Level 9, but never finished leveling because they tended to have abilities that were ill-suited to Meowth. And then I started taking care of some of the my missing S Ranks and captures. And even this week isn't going to be TOO heavy.

Overall happy. Beat the Escalation Battle up to 150, and going to stop there, because the prizes past that point are kind of meh, until 250 (2 Speedups), and then again at 300 (3 RML). Between that, there's like a Skill Booster S, a Exp Booster M, an Attack Power Up for...some reason. Overall, just not worth the time and heart investments.

I want to grind some more coins, and maybe level up some of my recently RMLed stuff, and maybe try to wrap up a few more of the S Ranks and captures I've been neglecting, before they add more main stages in the unknown future.

Competition wise, I'm currently in Tier 2 (place 218), with a score of just under 70k. Tier 2 gives 4 Speedups and 8 RML (tier 1 gives 5 and 10, but you have to be in top 100 vs top 400).

I did like...12 runs yesterday (bankrupting me). Got to 80k, putting me back in Tier 2. Considering that everything I used was max level, and Hoopa-U and Genesect were max Skill level, not only is beating that going to be ridiculously RNG heavy, but I really don't know if I'll get kicked out of my Tier. But I doubt I'll get to Tier 1, and it's not worth trying to do better unless I'm getting bumped out of Tier 2.

Finally took a spin at the contest. Realized I had 2 rare candies so I pushed Gene up to level 15. After 4 or 5 tries only got a little under 64K. Amazing how much luck you need on the RNG with the Genesect spawn ins. If you don't get the full chain it costs you so much free damage. I was using Ray instead of Gengar and maybe I would have gotten a little higher with Gen, but I did try a Gengar run and still finished under 60K. O well, don't want to burn all my gold, so going to stop here. 2 and 2 isn't so bad.

It's 2 and 4 Flame. The RMLs are twice the Speedups. Also I found Ray to be a poor choice since there's no Mega Start option, which is why I think Gengar (and TTar and Aggron) are the best mega.

If you fall into the lower tiers it is 2 and 2. Sucks since I'm really close to the next tier, but between falling out of it being a realistic outcome and that fact I could easily not make it anyway, I don't want to waste the money. Yea, I felt really dumb for not realizing Gengar would have been a super effective choice. I normally just try to copy the top teams and I don't think any of them were using Gengar when I had looked. That said, the top 5 for me currently is 2 Ray and 2 Gengar so both are perfectly viable for high scores.

I actually used Ray for most of my better runs, and found him better than Gengar for the majority of the runs. But last night, I realized I had gotten bumped out of Tier 2, so I did a run with Gengar. Got solid RNG, and finished with 92k. Which put me in place 120, just barely short of Tier 1. I'm content with that.

I hate you so so very much Evil.

Also, I don't like the use of Ray since the Meloetta disruptions means there's 4 other mons present, so it requires even more dumb luck in a challenge that is all about dumb luck.

I always tried to match Accelgor right away during that situation. 4-mon matches is a 100% trigger. That would remove the Meloetta.

But I think Gengar did end up having an edge because of the SE damage, and better combo enabling due to removing the Mega icons, whereas Rayquaza icons unused in the match can clog.

I always tried to match Accelgor right away during that situation. 4-mon matches is a 100% trigger. That would remove the Meloetta.

But I think Gengar did end up having an edge because of the SE damage, and better combo enabling due to removing the Mega icons, whereas Rayquaza icons unused in the match can clog.

Yea, Accelgor is super helpful in the challenge.

And yea, both of them have their merit. As I said, when I look this morning they were split two and two for top 5 scores with Aggron at #1.

Archived