Pokemon Shuffle

Flame Dragon

I honestly believe probability is getting manipulated. Like, the odds are NOT what they say they are, considering how often high catch chances and high activation rates fail.

Anywho, I have been progressing well, and have so far made it from 451 all the way to 520 since last tuesday, which is pretty nice. I'm so very close to acquiring M-Salamance, which is good. And also M-Gallade, of course.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly believe probability is getting manipulated. Like, the odds are NOT what they say they are, considering how often high catch chances and high activation rates fail.

Anywho, I have been progressing well, and have so far made it from 451 all the way to 520 since last tuesday, which is pretty nice. I'm so very close to acquiring M-Salamance, which is good. And also M-Gallade, of course.

I'm honestly more willing to chalk this up to my luck being terrible. Thats been a recurring theme in this thread.

I legit forgot I had Mega Gallade. Currently on Spinda and he might be helpful. Though I think thats unlikely.

Most of the stages in this batch weren't too bad. Some were a bit dumb, but nothing REALLY terrible like some batches. I actually managed to complete all the captures AND S Ranks, plus got the Extra Stage Poke (Serperior). So I'm actually completely caught up, and have almost 50k gold right now.

Very few of them had stupidly hard S Ranks. Most required a +5 at most, and I got another little break by going and beating the 7 levels that gave free items, so the stage or two that did want you using an M-Start or DD, didn't cost me anything, or much.

But the catch RATES were pretty mediocre. I got a mixture of good luck, and Super Capture Chances to get most of the harder ones.

Most of the stages in this batch weren't too bad. Some were a bit dumb, but nothing REALLY terrible like some batches. I actually managed to complete all the captures AND S Ranks, plus got the Extra Stage Poke (Serperior). So I'm actually completely caught up, and have almost 50k gold right now.

Very few of them had stupidly hard S Ranks. Most required a +5 at most, and I got another little break by going and beating the 7 levels that gave free items, so the stage or two that did want you using an M-Start or DD, didn't cost me anything, or much.

But the catch RATES were pretty mediocre. I got a mixture of good luck, and Super Capture Chances to get most of the harder ones.

Yea, I've been pretty pleased with how simple these have been. Even the ones that have cost me a decent amount like Spinda who I need +5, DD, and MS on (I'm sure I could have done without the Mega Start wit normal Ray, but I failed once and didn't want to waste more money) was pretty easy when I used the items. Right now I'm grinding back money and will get back to tackling them once I hit 40K and have cleared what ever new stuff we get this week. Though right now I'm trying to figure out what Pokemon to level since I have 9 RML and most of the good 5 ones maxed already.

I don't mean adding to something new to the safari is stupid. I'm saying adding MOAR PIKACHUS is stupid. Also, the Pikachus would be electric, which share a common weakness with steel and rock, neither of which are present in a safari of flying and water types.

They seem to have incredibly low drop rates, since I've used a fair few hearts and haven't even gotten a small.

It's probably about 25%, 3.125%, and 1.56%, as the Exp Booster drop rates tends to be (I didn't actually look this time around). I've gotten about 5 or 6 smalls and 1 Large.

Even then, it's better than LITERALLY getting nothing.

Probably. I've only gotten 3 Smalls and I just got a large. Either way, I've acquired Gyaradosachu, but the Magikarpachu stage feels really, really dumb.

Agreed. I got Gyaradosachu, and failed to capture Magikarpachu. Because I beat it on the last turn, so it had a mere 4%, and 8% with Great Ball. I said "screw it" and saved myself the gold.

Agreed. I got Gyaradosachu, and failed to capture Magikarpachu. Because I beat it on the last turn, so it had a mere 4%, and 8% with Great Ball. I said "screw it" and saved myself the gold.

I've only seen Shiny Gyarados in terms of the rare mon. ; _ ;

I would have thrown some money at it anyway. Its is stupid rare and if your not against abusing the reset trick won't cost you any more than your willing to throw at it.

The Magikarpachu stage isn't that bad IF you know the move to make. Move the Karpachu from the first COLUMN to the middle of the first ROW, where the Pichu icon is. (A4-C1)

This triggers Karpachu's Swap++ and clears the stage in one move, giving you a solid 40% catch rate.

I would probably have beaten the stage easier the first time if I had known that Karpachu's ability was Swap++ (it's the same as Magikarp, I know, but do you think I knew Magikarp's default ability off-hand?)

I've encountered everything a couple of times. Only Shiny Magikarp got encountered once (and I failed the stage), but I've caught everything, so I'm only doing the Safari because Exp Boosters is mildly more rewarding than Meowth, since I'm already at 46k gold, and the Cloyster stage, if drawn, gives Ampharos 100-200 exp (everything else I'm using is maxed).

The Magikarpachu stage isn't that bad IF you know the move to make. Move the Karpachu from the first COLUMN to the middle of the first ROW, where the Pichu icon is. (A4-C1)

This triggers Karpachu's Swap++ and clears the stage in one move, giving you a solid 40% catch rate.

I would probably have beaten the stage easier the first time if I had known that Karpachu's ability was Swap++ (it's the same as Magikarp, I know, but do you think I knew Magikarp's default ability off-hand?)

I've encountered everything a couple of times. Only Shiny Magikarp got encountered once (and I failed the stage), but I've caught everything, so I'm only doing the Safari because Exp Boosters is mildly more rewarding than Meowth, since I'm already at 46k gold, and the Cloyster stage, if drawn, gives Ampharos 100-200 exp (everything else I'm using is maxed).

Wish I'd checked this to see what the move was. Was still able to get the catch with a single great ball and a lucky super catch, but better odds are very nice.

I honestly value the gold more than just about anything in game and won't stop grinding until I'm in the 80K range. As for the experience candies I'd rather just play the Ampharos stage. Or slowly grind a Pokemon on Mewoth.

The experience candies are at least decently common. I'm at 9 small, 2 medium, and 1 large.

Wish I'd checked this to see what the move was. Was still able to get the catch with a single great ball and a lucky super catch, but better odds are very nice.

I honestly value the gold more than just about anything in game and won't stop grinding until I'm in the 80K range. As for the experience candies I'd rather just play the Ampharos stage. Or slowly grind a Pokemon on Mewoth.

The experience candies are at least decently common. I'm at 9 small, 2 medium, and 1 large.

I will almost definitely switch back to Meowth later in the week, but since I'm caught up on all the content, I've been Meowth grinding for most of the last week or so, and don't have the interest to do it constantly.

I'm 7:1:2 on candies. I got lucky and had a Pidove drop both a M and a L in the same level. I didn't even notice I had drops until I had won it. Also, still waiting on finding Magichu again.

I haven't grinded Meowth in a while, since I'm working on progressing through the game, and I have recently beaten M-Salamance, so I'm kinda catching up now. I'll be back to progressing once I get Magichu, which might take a while, since reality dictates that once I figured out the way to win (I actually realized it too before I saw your post evil), I won't be seeing it for a very long time. It's funny really, since so far I've seen S-Gyarados, and Gyaradoschu twice, but not S-Magikarp.

S Magikarp was always mean. It was the Poke I had the most trouble finding in the original run of the Safari, and I've only seen him once in this run, even after encountering all the others multiple times. I've seen more shiny Gyarados and Pikachu cosplayers than I've seen the shiny Magikarp.

S Magikarp was always mean. It was the Poke I had the most trouble finding in the original run of the Safari, and I've only seen him once in this run, even after encountering all the others multiple times. I've seen more shiny Gyarados and Pikachu cosplayers than I've seen the shiny Magikarp.

The reddit thread actually has it as the rarest encounter in the safari at 1.42%, a little under half as often as the Pikachus and S.Gyarados.

Huh, funny. I've actually seen S-Magikarp twice now since I last posted, and I also finally caught Magichu. It only needed 1 great ball, since at max catch rate (28%), the great ball doubler, AND a super catch chance, it would be hard to break free from a 96% catch chance.

I'm still gonna grind some more in the safari, just for more exp items since they've become something of a rarity nowadays.

Caught Gyarachu. I saw the stages and looked up a solution cause I didn't want to risk it. The solution was dumb. Anyway, had I known it didn't use your supports I would have just switched to electric types and used this as a chance to get Emolga some EXP. O well.

Done with the Safari. Not going to grind for EXP candies. IMO your time is better spent grinding for coins and just using Amp or Gear to get EXP. Honestly, I don't even know what it is I WANT to level right now since I have the bulk of the good Pokemon at level 10 and have a nice number at level 15.

Might as well go to 90k, since we haven't received any high amounts of coins, especially not from codes, considering that the last code we ever got to use was issued February last year.

Granted, grinding Meowth's stage would be easier if not for its sadistic quality of easy as sheet combos. Like seriously, make a move, you knock out 1000 of its 1160 HP in one go. It's even more amazing how I watched it combo 5 times from just the top row.

Welp, new releases. Not much to show, aside from the M-S-Gyarados competition, Unova Hat Pikachu, and Luxray. Don't bother with Luxray, it's funking bullshit. Aside from about 8 areas, the entire stage is covered in clouds. And even with Cloud Clear you can't see for dogshit. Don't waste your coins, the implied RMLs are NOT worth doing that stage.

Also the Latios Escalation Stage. It's timed, so good luck with that.

EDIT: Latios stage 50 is funking bullshit. I'm sorry but, funking WHAT?! We have 50 seconds to do about 14000 damage in a stage where breakables are the 5th support, and he summons multiple barriers every 5 seconds.This is bullshit. Literally a second after he does the disruption animation, he starts up again. And with the bullshit 5th support blocks, it's easy for the stage to immediately get clogged by barriers and breakables. It takes ludicrously good RNG to even get the stage clear without this jabroni loading it up. Like, you need to be personally blessed by RNGesus to not get clogged. This, is funking, stupid.

Archived