Pokemon Shuffle

Flame Dragon

Wow I have so much less stuff than you two. I mean, it isn't too shocking since I don't push that hard in the competitions, but wow.

I did end up using the 5 candies I had on Aggron because the Kirlia stage is a pain. And holy crap, now that I'm somewhat competent with the 3 tap, T-Tar is nuts. Going to max him next. Also decided to burn a Gem on Meowth since I'm running low on gold and still have half the main stages to do. I have 3 and have zero use for them otherwise so it seems like a fine use.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I try to go the extra mile with escalation stuff. Like right now my cache has increase to 2 more MSs, and 4 more RMLs thanks to the post-100 levels of Incineroar.

Also, I wanna call funking bullshit on Unity Power's activation rate. That 60% chance on a 4 match has failed to activate more times than I've actually gotten to use it. I mean, for funk's sake the 3 matches activate more than the 4 matches. funking Focus Miss and Stone Miss combined hit more often than that supposed 60% chance.

I try to go the extra mile with escalation stuff. Like right now my cache has increase to 2 more MSs, and 4 more RMLs thanks to the post-100 levels of Incineroar.

Also, I wanna call funking bullshit on Unity Power's activation rate. That 60% chance on a 4 match has failed to activate more times than I've actually gotten to use it. I mean, for funk's sake the 3 matches activate more than the 4 matches. funking Focus Miss and Stone Miss combined hit more often than that supposed 60% chance.

I haven't had THAT much of a problem with Unity Power's activation rate. Except in Stage 140, where it failed to activate, period, and that definitely factored into losing the stage.

On that note, I did finish the Escalation Battle, so I'm sitting on 8 RML.

Yeah, I get repeated failures of that supposed 60% chance. I NEVER get activations of it in a row. In fact, the greatest chain of failures was 6 in a row for the 4 match. 3 fails in a row is pushing it for 60%, but twice that is funking horseshit.

Diglett hates me so much. I've used great balls with it having over 50% chance twice and at 40% once and have failed. I've failed normally at least a half dozen times at this point past that. I'm seriously happy the home trick works otherwise I'd be out 7500 gold which is a significant amount. At least this has shown me how insane Ash Gren is.

Well, new fortnight, and we just got a god damn LANDSLIDE of new pokemon in the special stages. We have a new round of Dailies, Popplio, a new Safari that greatly favours you using fighting types, Lunala has appeared, and also A-Sandslash. Not to mention a Decidueye competitive stage to boot.

Also, maybe it's just me, but I feel like we're getting more and more special stages of Pokemon with outlandishly high HP and pathetically low catch rate. I mean, it feels like it's been a long funking time since I've seen any mon with a catch rate higher than 30% that wasn't Incineroar or through a Great Ball.

They don't mess around with the level 4 stages. Lunala was a pain in the ass and I'm happy she only needed one great ball.

Grimer refused to be caught and ate like 10 hearts or some stupid high number.

I still think the EXP stage being a proper stage is dumb. Magearna is a pain to catch and your encouraged to not bring super effective pokemon to it. Also sucks when you bring that one Pokemon that only needs a little over 1000 exp to max out and they are the one that gets the bonus crown. X_X

Past that I've cleared everything but Rattata and Dugtrio. Happy Decidueye uses Fire teams since I've actually invested into that.

Yup, I tossed 5 of my RML into Blaziken, and it's convenient that he'll be useful, because he was the one I most wanted to give the RMLs to, anyway.

Lunala was an EXPENSIVE pain. I used DD, M-Start, and ATK up, plus needed a Great Ball.

Got to grind some more now.

Everything these days are expensive pains if you ask me. It's pretty despicable that nowadays you need to blow a Great Ball on a god damn Pokemon of the Day just to have a decent chance at catching the sods.

EDIT: Well, they were costly fights, but I managed to topple stages 140 and 150 of Incineroar (thank you +5 tantrum on stage 141), and thus I used the 5 RMLs I won on my Blaziken. I also gave him 3 Speedups to max him out. I plan to top his levels with Magearna, but until then, it's back to money grinding, as Incineroar devoured much of the gold I had gained from Meowth today.

You know a competition is funking ridiculous when you're place 376, and you're STILL only in the 4th tier. I mean, this sheet is funking ridiculous. Though speaking of ridiculous, I'm beginning to suspect that abilities, regardless of their activation chance, are rigged so they cannot activate unless they're 100%. I adamantly REFUSE to believe that a 5-match of SL2 Burn (which should be an 83% chance to activate) failed both times I made the match. That's not bad RNG, that's funking fixed. It's rare that it should have failed once, but twice? That's complete rigged bullshit.

Oh right, you're in the region where the Tier distribution is stupid. What kind of score are you getting?

Also, just to be sure, these hypothetical 5 match Burn activations...you're not doing it while Disruption Delay is active, right? Because it's a 0% chance of activating if there's already a status condition, and DD counts as Paralyze.

I had the same sort of thing happen during one of my runs, and that's why my team didn't actually USE Charizard/Burn.

*Blinks* Oh right, DD was active at the time, wasn't it? Welp, now I feel like an idiot. As for my score, I'm like, 63k. I'm at uni, so I can't give my exact placing right now, but I should still be in tier 4. Still sucks that, for such a high place (300-400), it's still only a 2/4 reward. I honestly wish I knew why the EU tiers aren't the same as the US's.

EDIT: Okay, now that I'm home again, my ranking is... are you funking kididng me? 733. I got my ass kicked down 400 slots in less than a day. Now I'm stuck in the shitty fifth tier.

EDIT: Well, I'm back up to spot 416 thanks to my new score of 72k. This competition is funking savage.

Also, is it me, or does Meowth's (non-special) stage have an absurd amount of combos IF the coins are still on the stage? I mean, seriously, it's stupid easy for one move to somehow do half, or even all of his HP in one go. And yet, once you get the coins, those combos tend to dry up. It's absurd.

Yeah, DD can mess with you like that. Burn is a fantastic ability with Fire teams...but if Charizard is only useful in the last half of the stage, it wasn't worthwhile to run. I ran Emboar instead. 5 more BP, and Risk Taker.

I have a score of 96k. Currently in Tier 1, but only place 92. (I was in place 33 when I first set the score). Looks very likely I'll get bumped to Tier 2, but that's probably where I'll stay, because it was stupidly costly to get that score in the first place, and I don't plan to do any further runs.

I just got a score of 62784 and its likely only enough to get me the 1 and 1 reward. Part of me wants to try give it another spin to try for a higher tier but I have such little gold and I still haven't cleared out the main stages. Hell, I totally forgot about the escalation battle and got basically nothing from it which really sucks since it had a lot of good rewards. Just between the safari and then grinding to get some money and forgetting I just stopped at stage 27.

I just got a score of 62784 and its likely only enough to get me the 1 and 1 reward. Part of me wants to try give it another spin to try for a higher tier but I have such little gold and I still haven't cleared out the main stages. Hell, I totally forgot about the escalation battle and got basically nothing from it which really sucks since it had a lot of good rewards. Just between the safari and then grinding to get some money and forgetting I just stopped at stage 27.

Ouch.

And I also lied. I noticed about an hour ago that I was EXACTLY place #100, so I did one more run just to try to stay in Tier 1, since the odds of not losing another place was pretty low. I chose to give Charizard's Burn another try.

While Burn only got triggered once, when 2 turns were left, it probably helped a decent amount, but the real score boosters were Ho-oh's Pyre mixing with M-Blaziken being awesome, and the Incineroar disruptions making enough matches to cycle through the disruption triggers.

I got a score of over 104k, putting me up to place like...33. Yeah...Tier 1 FTW.

Welp, GS is doing it again with another heavy load of Alolan mons without us a god damn break so we can recover our gold. Today we're facing Araquanid and Lycanroc (Midday) as battles, and also a Primarina escalation battle as well.

Araquanid is a Pay to Play stage, and it's a funking retarded stage. Dunno about Lycanroc though.

I didn't find the Araquanid stage that bad. Beat it in one try with 2 moves and got the catch with a great ball.

Lycanroc's stage looks like a pain, but my first run was super good and I had a really high catch rate (like 32%) and got it without putting anything into it.

Was going to use the 15 minutes of free play on Primarina, but they didn't refresh it. :(

You consider 2 new mons and an Escalation Battle to be a "heavy load of Alola mons"? If you need to grind for the Escalation, just focus on doing that for a few days, but usually the Meowth stage on the Weekend helps out with that.

Especially compared to the absurd difficulty of the Lunala stage, Lycanroc and Araquanid are nothing.

Used my Speedups reward to bring Ampharos to max candy.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I think I just got like, my best Meowth run ever. The first one got me 11k coins, then 6.5k, then 9.4k, then 6k. I managed a net worth of 32000 coins from one jewel, minus 3200 for Moves +5, of course. Still, my wallet is now wonderfully plump again, so I'm going to continue grinding Primarina to 150, since I really don't want to miss out of 5 RMLs and 3 Speedups.

I just tried a near full item run of the 140 stage with Mega Al and was still only like 65% done by the time I finished. Not sure what the best way to play it would be since you have SO many unbreakable blocks to start with in that stage. Since I still haven't finished the main stages and still have the competition to do I think I'll stop here. Burning another 7300 coins would be really bad.

Type in "Pokemon shuffle primarina" on google, and find the escalation stage reddit. It's full of strategies to tell you what's good for beating each stage.

I know, thats what I did. Thing is I don't have make investment on the mon you need to do well in it so even if I was able to cleat the 140 stage I doubt I'll be able to do so for the 150 one. It sucks, but I feel like advancing the main stages is more important for overall "completion".

I felt 150 was EASIER than 140, despite it having more HP. Then again, I did a full-item run of 150, and that was the only stage that I do a full-item run for.

Just fair warning - the competition is STUPID. You know how a lot of the competitions create more "beneficial" disruptions if the first "wave" of disruptions combo enough? None of that here. It's a HARD competition to get a good score in, and Complexity - 1 is pretty much mandatory.

Archived