Pokemon Shuffle

Flame Dragon

I mean without using a 4th mon. On the last day of the comp the top tier in Europe was filled with teams of those three alone, as the game subs in Togepi for the 4th slot. It was actually pretty ridiculous, since trying it that way had me 6000 short of my score of 107k, which I got with a Sky Blast team.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean without using a 4th mon. On the last day of the comp the top tier in Europe was filled with teams of those three alone, as the game subs in Togepi for the 4th slot. It was actually pretty ridiculous, since trying it that way had me 6000 short of my score of 107k, which I got with a Sky Blast team.

I...don't understand. How, or why, does that work well?

Is it relying on Noivern's (Skill Swapped) Shot Out skill? Since I lacked a Skill Swap, I wasn't using that ability.

I put Mew in the party to encourage MMY to be used, while nullifying the occasional Mew icon disruptions (removing the need for Eject+/Shot Out), and then added Victini for the massive burst damage in the last 4 turns, while still being synergetic with MMY. 

Because it does, I guess. MMY gets rid of Mew, making more Noivern and Togepi combos. Noivern can Shot Out Togepi on the disruptions for good damage. Like, for real I checked on Serebii. It starts as x2 at SL1, but becomes x3 (SL2), x4 (SL3), x6 (SL4), and then x8 at SL5.

Using this strategy the ENTIRE top 5 were replaced by those teams. And those top 5s were M-Sal + Sky Blast and MMY teams. Hell, as far as I know the entire first tier used this strategy.

IIRC all the Shot skills have that damage multiplier, so yeah, they are underestimated a bit considering four and five matches have a 100% activation rate and can do huge damage.

Still, you can get a Skill Swapper from Decidueye for Noivern.

I definitely plan to get the Skill Swap, but dunno if I want to use it on Noivern necessarily. The game's been so stingy with them, and I tend to realize there's an awesome skill available right when I'm all out of them. But Noivern is definitely a candidate to get it.

Also, as a warning (because I just noticed), the Decidueye Escalation Battle is only one week. Only 150 stages, but still.

I definitely plan to get the Skill Swap, but dunno if I want to use it on Noivern necessarily. The game's been so stingy with them, and I tend to realize there's an awesome skill available right when I'm all out of them. But Noivern is definitely a candidate to get it.

Also, as a warning (because I just noticed), the Decidueye Escalation Battle is only one week. Only 150 stages, but still.

What have you been using Skill Swaps on? I'm pretty sure I have over 10.

What have you been using Skill Swaps on? I'm pretty sure I have over 10.

Here's the embarrassing thing...

Some of my Skill Swaps were legitimately wasted. As in, I swapped a Skill, then decided the other skill was better, and used another Swap to change it back. I know I did this for Xerneas, for example. I swapped it to Power of 4 for the damage boost, then decided I preferred Quirky+, and swapped it back. I swapped all the Hoenn starters to Swap++. I tended to swap things to Risk Taker if possible during the time when Risk Taker was considered one of the best skills in the game for damage boosting.

They used to be given out much more freely, so I never really bothered conserving them, or going out of my way to collect them. Nowadays, they're given out maybe one every 4 weeks.

I swapped Victini to Last Ditch Effort, which in itself is a skill that's become amazing. I swapped Goodra to Unity Power.

The frustrating part is that in addition to being such a rare commodity (Mega Speedups are also becoming very rare, but not as badly), there's often a Pokemon that is REALLY good in an Escalation Battle or Competition, but needs to be Skill Swapped to REALLY shine (like Noivern, or Victini, or Goodra, etc), so if I had the Skill Swap, I'd be inclined to use it on that Pokemon.

I've only reversed a Skill Swap once, and that was a big mistake. I ended up swapping back, so ultimately I wasted 2 for no reason. Otherwise I tend to not regret my choices.

I know I've wasted at least 2 in that fashion. I've since gotten much smarter about my decisions (or at least, I try to be less impulsive about it).

Same. My last uses have been Goodra, Victini, and then Noivern. It kinda sucks that there have been far less SSs given out, since they were originally spread like candy. But I guess it feels like less because until a few updates ago there was nothing really worth swapping, so they built up from disuse. But now it's like the other boosts: Too many choices, not enough swaps.

Here's the embarrassing thing...

Some of my Skill Swaps were legitimately wasted. As in, I swapped a Skill, then decided the other skill was better, and used another Swap to change it back. I know I did this for Xerneas, for example. I swapped it to Power of 4 for the damage boost, then decided I preferred Quirky+, and swapped it back. I swapped all the Hoenn starters to Swap++. I tended to swap things to Risk Taker if possible during the time when Risk Taker was considered one of the best skills in the game for damage boosting.

They used to be given out much more freely, so I never really bothered conserving them, or going out of my way to collect them. Nowadays, they're given out maybe one every 4 weeks.

I swapped Victini to Last Ditch Effort, which in itself is a skill that's become amazing. I swapped Goodra to Unity Power.

The frustrating part is that in addition to being such a rare commodity (Mega Speedups are also becoming very rare, but not as badly), there's often a Pokemon that is REALLY good in an Escalation Battle or Competition, but needs to be Skill Swapped to REALLY shine (like Noivern, or Victini, or Goodra, etc), so if I had the Skill Swap, I'd be inclined to use it on that Pokemon.

I know I mostly only use the Skill Swaps on stuff for competitions and since that only comes up every once in a while anyway I have a stock pile to the point where I don't care if an escalation is giving one.

Well, Sylvally is really god damn cool. I see why they made him an Ultra Challenge. 80-100 attack power, and an ability that boosts the combo damage of ANY type by 50%. Typeless Combo has a 10%/60%/90% activation mesh, and additional skill levels provide a 5% boost to activation each time, so SL5 has it as a 30%/80%/100% activtion rate. It's no surprise he's being used in the limited competition alongside Arceus.

Silvally's stage was a pain for me. I got through it, but it cost me a huge chunk of gold, and needed 2 Great Balls (a 14% chance, so that was lucky).

Fortunately, I had been sitting on 50k at the time, so I'm still good.

Watch out, the Celebi Escalation is Timed. But on the bright side, there's 2 Skill Swaps in the prizes.

EDIT: I think you're mistaken on Typeless Combo. It's a 2.5x buff, and activation rate is 40/40/40, with SL5 being 75/75/75. At least according to the Wiki.

I find you should NEVER go cheap with an Ultra Challenge. It costs you too much on Great Balls and potential fails. I mean heck, my bill for Sil was 7300 on items and 2500 on a great ball. So 9800 all up. Comparatively you spent 3800 on items but 5000 on great balls, for 8800. So really, being thrifty only saved you 1000 gold; although your absurd luck did save you from spending more at that low catch %.

In other news, I have completed Stage 175 of the Escalation Battle, and that is when I planned to stop. I'm sure 200 is tough as nails, and I don't really care about Level Ups. They're valuable, but not remotely necessary unless you're trying to level stuff up fast and the Exp requirement is stupid (I tend to only use Level Ups on RMLed Pokemon to reach 15 from 14, or similar).

And I'm sitting on like...14 RMLs now. Plenty of options of what to use them on, but nothing I'm absolutely desperate to use them on yet. So...yay! And I sure hell am not wasting them on Normal Types like Pory-Z, or anything else that can take a stupidly high number of these.

The game has been fairly generous with RMLs that's for sure. I had 11 before preparing for the competition, and I spent 5 on Rayquaza, since he does gain additional damage for each icon he erases, so it's been long overdue for him to get to level 15. I also spent 5 on Noivern since he's been so useful. I'm not using Noivern in the mega comp, I just felt he was worth the effort.

EDIT: So, I've scored 423k for the mega challenge. I uhh, I think I might have a good shot at staying in tier 1 right now, since I happen to be place 27.

The game has been fairly generous with RMLs that's for sure. I had 11 before preparing for the competition, and I spent 5 on Rayquaza, since he does gain additional damage for each icon he erases, so it's been long overdue for him to get to level 15. I also spent 5 on Noivern since he's been so useful. I'm not using Noivern in the mega comp, I just felt he was worth the effort.

EDIT: So, I've scored 423k for the mega challenge. I uhh, I think I might have a good shot at staying in tier 1 right now, since I happen to be place 27.

Nice!

On my most recent run, I had some pretty ridiculous luck, and the game scored roughly 200k with me not having to do anything, due to looping disruptions that even occasionally triggered Typeless Combo.

I got a score of like...530k, which is place 34 now.

...also, if you ever accumulate enough Skill Boosters to get Silvally to SL5...DO IT (if you want to). The numbers alone do not communicate just how amazingly good Silvally becomes between SL4 and lower, and SL5. At SL4, it's a 60/60/60 chance. At 5, it's a 75% for all.

The competition, for example, Silvally went from "Nah, I'm not going to activate, enjoy your 80+ NOT-Typeless Combo combo". To "I'm going to activate almost every time!"

And yes, Broke, it WILL still fail the one time you need it most, and you'll hope it dies, etc. So actually, don't Skill buff it. It takes 150 skill points. I used my Skill Booster Ls from the past Escalation Battles to help with that one.

Part of my damage came from Skill Swapping Porygon-Z, so the disruptions would trigger that ability to keep the damage increasing each time. I'm not going to try my luck though, as I doubt I'll do better than what I have.

As for buffing Silvally... truth be told I tend not to go higher than SL3 really, unless the skill is really good, like Last-Ditch Effort. The reason being is that there are too many Pokemon needing a skill buff, and not enough Skill Boosters to buff them with.

Also while it is helpful, Sil will never see the light of day until any other comps like this, so those boosters may have been a touch wasted. Also, I should've invested in S-Gyarados over Rayquaza, a S-M-Gyarados was near godly for the mega comp. Granted, I dunno how much difference 6 points of power would have made tbh.

Archived