Pokemon Shuffle

Flame Dragon

Jirachi's Mega Boost for me is SL 3...and it still fails a stupid amount on 3 matches for me. So trust me...I know the pain of that. And this is why I really want to candy my Steelix, so that I don't have to rely so much on Mega Boost+.

And yes, 191-199 is just cruel. For 199, I just used a Mega Start, because I just wanted to get on with it. Each stage of 191-199, I usually failed an average of 2-3 times, itemless runs.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, it's not cruel, it's just greedy and lazy design. Her HP pool triples from what you were usually working with, and the amount she gains per level also triples. It's retarded.

But I burnt Mega Starts to get through it all, a handy +3 easing the burden. I'm regaining my gold now in preparation for 200, and also Mega Mewtwo X.

EDIT: My contempt for this game really is growing every day, especially since now that I've noticed that barriers don't count towards mega evoution. And the bullshit mechanics of stage 200 cockblocked my Beedrill's attempts to mega because I only had icons under barriers, and she quickly erased any free Beedrill icons that came my way. Funnily enough by disrupting the same corner twice in a row.

Heya amigos

I'm a dooder who thinks this game sucks but is also chronically addicted to it

Spicy info for you: I beat Nihilego with Mewtwo-Y (level 12, maxed candies), Unown-! (level 8ish IIRC, skill level 2, I used Unown instead of Meloetta since I didn't want to funk around with Mega Boost++'s awful proc rates on something with limited tries and a 20k entry), Cresselia (level 10, skill level 2), and Deoxys-Attack (level 9, skill level 2)

Since you guys seem far more ahead in the game than I, you should be able to do it fairly easily

On the bright side, it evidently starts with a 70% catch rate, and it has less than 10k HP, so a Great Ball is a guaranteed capture. As for why it costs 20k gold an attempt...who the hell knows?! I think that's bafflingly stupid. It's needlessly expensive. Maybe it's just to emulate a full-items run, which is why you can't use items? So rather than making an ungodly hard stage that'll require full items...they made a more manageable stage...that costs 20k to attempt, and you only get 3 tries to beat it. But almost guaranteed Nihilego if you beat it.

Evil saying the stage was manageable I went in thinking it wouldn't be that bad. That wasn't the case I had a terrible starting board and couldn't clear the top for a little. I only JUST beat it. Really wish I used Beedrill since it would have made that a fair bit easier. Man, that was so stupid. Going to use one of those free gems we got and grind up coins on weekend Meowth. At least I got the catch in one try.

Well fun. I just lost 40k gold LOSING to Nihilego twice because, naturally, I get funked over harder than the village whore. Cresselia's Barrier Bash+ refused to work on a 3-match three times in a row in the start. I got little to no MMY icons. When MMY did match, naturally it chose to remove the colossal amount of 2 Meloetta icons. Victini naturally refused to activate on the desperate final move 3-match. ALL of the funking icon drops were funking worthless, so I lose.

funk the game makers for this UTTERLY funking DISGUSTING GAME DESIGN! I burnt all the gold I got from weekend Meowth on this jabroni, and frankly... I'd rather have low catch chance and items. Because at least it gives you a fair shot without worrying about unremovable 5th support and disruptions you can't halt. I'd rather waste 4 great balls AND items for a reasonable chance to win, rather than a bullshit 20k gate you can so easily funking lose. I'd rather waste 30k gold on a pokemon I can catch rather than 20k on a match that can easily be lost. Because I NEED those funking items to compensate for my funking dogshit luck. I wasted 40k gold... ON funking NOTHING!

I regret believing Nihilego wasn't that bad. I had to use a Jewel to beat it (because I am NOT grinding another 20k coins) just because I underestimated the possibility of Barriers posing a problem. I had absolutely no in-game way of knowing what the stage would be like beforehand (I didn't look up stage details), and the fact it cost 20k just to SEE the stage is disgusting design.

And the fact you can only attempt it X times before losing the chance to get it entirely. Bull.

Yeah, I pulled through it just fine in the end (due to the Jewel), but it is easily one of the WORST things the game has ever done to players.

Yea, the fact that you go in blind and the stage is actually kind of challenging is not a good combination when the entry fee is 20K. I do stand by a max candied Bee being the best since you mega in a single match and can start clearing away the barriers. As I said, I got SUPER lucky and was able to close it out with 0 moves left.

Can I ask you guys something? I mean, IS the design of Magearna and Victini's stage just really, REALLY stupid? I mean, their breakable disruptions are outright programmed to ruin the best matches on the board, and they do it every turn. Add in pitifully short amount of moves, and... they're just dumb. 

Can I ask you guys something? I mean, IS the design of Magearna and Victini's stage just really, REALLY stupid? I mean, their breakable disruptions are outright programmed to ruin the best matches on the board, and they do it every turn. Add in pitifully short amount of moves, and... they're just dumb. 

Considering the stage is offering 1000 experience and they only have like 2000 HP, this isn't that terrible. A bit annoying, but not that bad.

Also, I almost always use +5 moves and the 1.5x Exp items.

Ugh. I wish, I funking WISH these damn game devs would give us a week, just a god damn week to recover without escalations or mega competitions or funking money sink legendary fights to drain our gold like the vampires they are. I have not been above 40k gold for over two months because there is non-stop funking sheet to do.

Ugh. I wish, I funking WISH these damn game devs would give us a week, just a god damn week to recover without escalations or mega competitions or funking money sink legendary fights to drain our gold like the vampires they are. I have not been above 40k gold for over two months because there is non-stop funking sheet to do.

Most events take place over the course of 2 weeks. You could use a few days to grind, then hit the events that expire first. Also, with Escalations, if I'm low on gold, I pause at boss stages to regain gold, since all the basic stages I usually can do itemless. Or, if the low gold amount bugs me, I focus entirely on grinding for a day or two.

Also, Tapu Bulu is nowhere near as bad as Koko and the psychic one were. I beat it with just a Mega Start and ATK Up, using Winking Mega Glalie. I think I ended up with a rather bad catch rate, though. 40% with the Great Ball or something, only required 1.

Type Null was beaten itemless, got a Super Capture for a 98%.

And I'm almost never higher than 40k gold, unless I cleared all the other content.

I actually hit 90K thanks to using a gem for gold this weekend. However between the competition and clearing more main stages (still have 3 more to go) I'm down to 60K. I spend a lot of time grinding up gold since I hate being low.

And Bulu is still stupid. I failed 4 great balls at 28% and then couldn't even win using everything but -1. I was using Ray, Gen, Emboar, and Lugia. Yea, only won in extra turns now. I'm just going to use -1. RIP gold. 22K after some Meowth grinding.

I was like 90% sure I would go in on Tapu Bulu on a full items run (esp since I wasted so much cash on Tapu Lele trying to use Mega Houndoom and save items), but I did a test run just to check

And then I blasted it with all items Mega Heracross and a Great Ball

Cleared Type: Null with some minor difficulty with a Mega Lucario build. My team was right at the edge of where it needed to be; I could clear the stage with 0-3 moves left, but a lot of times it was left with a sliver of HP. Caught it at 10%, eventually. No items used.

Overall got out fairly cheaply so far, with 52k left after using the Jewels for Meowth runs. I started out at 70kish.

I used M-Beedrill w/ Machamp, Meloetta-P, and Gallade for Type: Null. I found Bee good considering how Null disrupts with +-shaped disruptions. I beat him with no items and caught him with a great ball with a SCC boosting him to 62%.

Btw, did NA figure out that MMY, Mew, and Noivern was a particularly effective team for S-MMX?

I used M-Beedrill w/ Machamp, Meloetta-P, and Gallade for Type: Null. I found Bee good considering how Null disrupts with +-shaped disruptions. I beat him with no items and caught him with a great ball with a SCC boosting him to 62%.

Btw, did NA figure out that MMY, Mew, and Noivern was a particularly effective team for S-MMX?

Yes. That was the team I used for my 2nd (and last) run of the competition. I used MMY, Mew (Level 15, Power of 4+), Noivern (Level 10, not Skill Swapped), and Last-Ditch Effort Victini (Level 15, SL 5). Got something like 150k score, and my final ranking was like 134 (Tier 2).

Archived