Insert Fantasy Name Here [OOC/PG-13/Started/Accepting]

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This looks fun, I'll have an app up in a little bit.

EDIT:

[spoiler=App]Quote: "Got a light?"

Character Name: Brack Corren
Race: Dwarf. A stout, hairy people that make up for their general lack of height and magic with steadfastness (with lifespans reaching an upward of 300 years), boisterousness, and lots of drink. They tend to live underground, and enjoy mining, smithing, fighting, and lots of drink.
Class: Bombardier. A bulky fighter who focuses on heavy-duty artillery and firepower.
[spoiler=Appearance:]
bGiBCf1.jpg?2
Height: 4'2"
Weight: 163 lbs
Not so different from your average male dwarf: short, stocky, and with a full beard; and one as unruly as you'd expect. Is often covered in soot and burn marks and has bloodshot eyes from his many "tools of the trade." Wears a mix of thick leather and heavy plate mail, among other things. Rarely seen without weapon or drink in hand. (Many times both.)[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Personality:]Brack is a bit of a loner, even amongst his own kind. He's quiet, too, for a dwarf; content to tinkering the day away with the occasional chat with his oldest friends Moira and Old Gwyn. (They never say anything in return, of course.) Though he does enjoy the acquaintance of a fellow traveler, especially if they're of another, more interesting race. Often relatively chill, he does get fired up easily, possibly over the smallest of things, and once he—and his guns—get burning hot enough, it takes a lot of time and patience to cool him down, and sometimes a very large beverage. He's very much a fighter, and not much of a lover to anything but a hot flame. However, while he may seem akin to a crotchety old man, Brack's casual demeanor is more often kind than not. Whether it's talking, drinking, burning, or shooting, he likes to have a smile on his face. In line with his fiery tendencies, he enjoys spicy food and will eat it in great amounts, enough to make a normal man's tear ducts run dry and his tongue shrivel from the heat. His many years have earned him much more than just a red hot temper, as it's easily matched by his keen insight and sharp wit.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Biography:]As a young dwarf, Brack spent his youth much the same as all the other dwarves; mining, smithing, fighting, and drinking. But it wasn't long before he saw other uses for the forges in which many an axe blade were forged. Dwarves had gunpowder and firepower, of course, but they were always so large scale, as if in compensation for the creators' own stature. Brack wanted something more personal, and spent many long hours of many long years perfecting his own craft. His time alone stemmed mainly from the fact he considered his own race painfully boring at times. Sure, the pubs were always a good spot of raucous fun, but not even the strongest dwarven warrior was capable spend his whole life drinking, though that didn't stop many from trying. So Brack set out, at the tender age of 60, to travel. He still spent most of his nights in whatever cave or burrow he could find, but he was glad for the change nonetheless.[/spoiler]
Skills/Powers:

- Dwarven Talents: Highly resistant to illness and poison. Heightened senses of hearing, smell, and sight in the dark. Extremely strong, can really take a beating, and drink most anyone under the table to boot.

- Firebug: Not quite Pyromancy, but close enough. If there's a fire to be started, you'd best get out of the way.

- Blacksmithing: Not nearly as adept as a true dwarven master, but a fair bit better than even the most experienced smiths of other races.

Items/Weapons:
- Moira: Brack's custom-made hand cannon, capable of spewing fire and heavy-duty ballistics alike, sometimes at the same time.
- Old Gwyn: Brack's trusty hammer; simple, yet effective.[/spoiler]

Looks good to me, welcome aboard! :D Anything you need to know to post let me know, otherwise just skim through some stuff if you need to.

Shawn Dark
[spoiler=app]
Race: Dusk
Class: assassin/ High priest
[spoiler=Dusk]
Dusk- a race of elven like people who are more powerful in dark magic. Tend to be peaceful unless they are provoked and are more connected to nature, a single tear can cause a tree to grow or heal. It is rare for them to cry. Their skin is pale, however they have a ash taint to them. They were born or awoke at dusk, when their elven cousins were in trouble. They grow more powerful at night, and they can chose to be mortal at a certain time in there life. They hate elfs, the elfs view them as abominations.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=appearance]
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByNuxJ9CG_gEd0xWc202eW9pTUU/edit?usp=docslist_api
He is five feet eight inches tall. His skin is is tan with peach color and has a dark ash taint to it. Is hair is dark black. Lastly his eyes are dark brown.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=personality]
Personality: Shawn is self centered, all he cares about is getting revenge. He destories everything in his way unless he can see a good reason not too. He does not care care what he does as long as he didn't waste his time. He is willing to see the world on its knees in order to achieve his revenge, and is not a friendly person.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=bio]
Bio: Shawn was born in a shadowy forest with love in the hearts of all his people and was raised by his parents to treat people with respect. He love his family and all his people. He trained with the high priestess of his people who taught him the ways of dark magic and how to use it to better his people. In the heart of his home land were two large trees this gave off light. One silver and one gold. They were the remains of two other trees that were destroyed. His people were told to protect these trees because they were the connection to the gods.

One day his people were attacked by an unknown enemy. Shawn's parents were cruely murdered and the trees were destroyed. All of Shawn's people were killed as far as he knows. He does not know if he was spared or how he was left alive. Unknowingly its was the gods protecting him to allow his people to live on. For the past fifty years Shawn has been hunting down the people responsible for killing his family, people and the two trees.[/spoiler]
Skills: Shawn is talented in dark magic, some of his skills are teleporting (only were he can see and at most five times in a fiveteen minute period), creating shadows, and becoming invisible. He is immune to deasease and poison. He heals fast and can see in the dark. He can speak to his gods, not that they talk back but sometimes they offer him help in mysterious ways.
Weapons: Shawn has a dagger and spear. His dagger Yin, is enchanted and can not be lost. His spear Gil-galad has the power to make its wielder ethereal for a limit of two minites evry ten minute period and can not be lost. Shawn also has clippings from the trees of light one of silver and one of gold, they aid him in speaking to his gods. Lastly he has a necklace of his people that gives of a faint light.[/spoiler]

It needs a little more work.

Shawn Dark
[spoiler=app]
Race: Dusk
Class: assassin/ High priest
[spoiler=Dusk]
Dusk- a race of elven like people who are more powerful in dark magic. Tend to be peaceful and are more connected to nature, a single tear can cause a tree to grow or heal. It is rare for them to cry. Their skin is pale, however they have a ash taint to them. They were born or awoke at dusk, when their elven cousins were in trouble.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=appearance]
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByNuxJ9CG_gEd0xWc202eW9pTUU/edit?usp=docslist_api
He is five feet eight inches tall. His skin is is tan with peach color and has a dark ash taint to it. Is hair is dark black. Lastly his eyes are dark brown.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=personality]
Personality: Shawn is self centered, all he cares about is getting revenge. He destories everything in his way unless he can see a good reason not too. He does not care care what he does as long as he didn't waste his time. He is willing to see the world on its knees in order to achieve his revenge, and is not a friendly person.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=bio]
Bio: Shawn was born in a shadowy forest with love in the hearts of all his people and was raised by his parents to treat people with respect. He love his family and all his people. He trained with the high priestess of his people who taught him the ways of dark magic and how to use it to better his people. In the heart of his home land were two large trees this gave off light. One silver and one gold. They were the remains of two other trees that were destroyed. His people were told to protect these trees because they were the connection to the gods.

One day his people were attacked by an unknown enemy. Shawn's parents were cruely murdered and the trees were destroyed. All of Shawn's people were killed as far as he knows. He does not know if he was spared or how he was left alive. Unknowingly its was the gods protecting him to allow his people to live on. For the past fifty years Shawn has been hunting down the people responsible for killing his family, people and the two trees.[/spoiler]
Skills: Shawn is talented in dark magic, some of his skills are teleporting, creating shadows, and becoming invisible. He is immune to deasease and poison. He heals fast and can see in the dark. He can speak to his gods, not that they talk back but sometimes they offer him help in mysterious ways.
Weapons: Shawn has a dagger and spear. His dagger Yin, is enchanted and can not be lost. His spear Gil-galad has the power to make its wielder ethereal and can not be lost. Shawn also has clippings from the trees of light one of silver and one of gold, they aid him in speaking to his gods. Lastly he has a necklace of his people that gives of a faint light.[/spoiler]

The app is finished.

Sorry I wasn't around all day yesterday. ^^; Anyway. A few things. Why dark magic if they're peaceful? I don't see much different between them and elves honestly.

Also there's not much in personality.

And last thing, make sure to put limits on the teleporting thing, since teleporting can easily get broken. As well as some kind of limit on how long he can stay ethereal.

Anyways. Gonna make a post soon. I will cover.

Fish vs Sethera and Kuriboh's character

The fight scene against gustavph's character

Anything else I need to cover? I may have missed something so if anyone needs a thing done let me know.

Well, like in digimon frontier, darkness doesn't always have to be evil. Elfs are more light and nature. I forgot to say that dusk are not turely immortal, after a thousand years they can chose to be mortal. I'll add more to personality momentary.

you've got a point, but we are in generic fantasy world which name actually is "insert fantasy name here" to show how generic it can be. And darkness generically is EVIL

Well I more mean that, it seems like there's no real reason to make one dark and one light in this case. Since they both are so similar and darkness and light are both apparently peaceful in nature.

Not to mention we have a dark magic user whose powers are destructive (though he hasn't posted yet......)

I get your point but there should be a little more variety between races if we're gonna be putting more races in.

idk if that makes sense I haven't eaten all day. ^^;

Well I more mean that, it seems like there's no real reason to make one dark and one light in this case. Since they both are so similar and darkness and light are both apparently peaceful in nature.

Not to mention we have a dark magic user whose powers are destructive (though he hasn't posted yet......)

I get your point but there should be a little more variety between races if we're gonna be putting more races in.

idk if that makes sense I haven't eaten all day. ^^;

YOU HAVE TO EAT! NOT EATING ISN'T GOOD FOR YOU! 

Now got eat something a salad or a HUGE HAMBURGER should be fine :)

I'm still waiting for Zofia to interact with my character...

I shall tell UE to do this right.....NOW! (the wonders of Skype~)

Edit: Oh my gosh, gustavph

"Hurts... to talk" He managed to get out.

"Then don't talk." She said matter of factly.

"Also hurts to... breath."

"Then don't breath, silly."

That's wonderful. XD

That's wonderful. XD

Skype = Godsent messaging device (even though i don't have it >-> but don't tell anyone!)

That's wonderful. XD

well glad you liked it

Important note for everyone

Please please please, have a word document made up and have a quick list of what your character has done, will do.

Don't post it here, just have it and keep adding to it, for if I need it.

For instance, Archie

-Gambled in the Introduction Tavern

-Incensed a fight in the Tavern

-Talked to Sophie

-Joined her in a quest to help Lola the talking dog

Archived