[Card Discussion] Innocence Blessing

Marco Polo

#Original art :3

Blessing.jpg

You can only activate this card during your opponent's turn, and only as Chain Link 2 or higher. 

(1) : After the current chain resolves, neither player can activate a card or effect, OR apply a game mechanic that would result in cards being sent to the Graveyard until the end of the Phase.

Just trying to be innovative here. Disruption at its finest, perhaps? how would this affect DP? 

discuss.

I would let it have a bit more of a delay than just being able to be used after the first chain that occurs. You can literally chain it to anything in Main Phase 1, and stop your opponent from doing anything in some Decks. Maybe you could do it like Konami did with Appropriate? (It requires a draw as activation - this could be adapted to this card into requiring a card being sent to the graveyard by some manner)

So now that I know all of this, while this card wouldn't break the game, it would slow the game down by hilarious amounts. It's essentially a better Threatening Roar, cause your opponent would have to do all their plays during MP2, which is absolutely hilarious. I think this will be split between people who don't like it for how much it slows things down when run at 3, and people who like it for such. I won't say I have a side, but I will say this card isn't actually...... broken, especially per definition

It's definitely not one I would want in the game consider its effect is just "Skip the current phase" in different words, considering how little you can do with it.

EDIT: Even worse now that I notice that there's no "OPT" clause on this card. If you manage to have 2 or more in your hand, your opponent loses their entire turn. This card kinda does need quite a bit of balancing.

whoa.

I don't like how it can be randomly activated at any time; I'd prefer it if it had to be Chain Link 2 or higher, then I think it'd be sufficiently niche enough not to make me hate Final Countdown (and to warrant balance testing). :V

I would let it have a bit more of a delay than just being able to be used after the first chain that occurs. You can literally chain it to anything in Main Phase 1, and stop your opponent from doing anything in some Decks. Maybe you could do it like Konami did with Appropriate? (It requires a draw as activation - this could be adapted to this card into requiring a card being sent to the graveyard by some manner)

I'm not sure that's necessary honestly. It is actually in line with current power levels. 

What I do look into, is making this work only on an opponent's turn, to prevent any relation or support this might have to game ending battle phases. (As in BP > activate this > essentially cold wave?)

So now that I know all of this, while this card wouldn't break the game, it would slow the game down by hilarious amounts. It's essentially a better Threatening Roar, cause your opponent would have to do all their plays during MP2, which is absolutely hilarious. I think this will be split between people who don't like it for how much it slows things down when run at 3, and people who like it for such. I won't say I have a side, but I will say this card isn't actually...... broken, especially per definition

Slowing the game was sorta the end goal

It's definitely not one I would want in the game consider its effect is just "Skip the current phase" in different words, considering how little you can do with it.

EDIT: Even worse now that I notice that there's no "OPT" clause on this card. If you manage to have 2 or more in your hand, your opponent loses their entire turn. This card kinda does need quite a bit of balancing.

Not "skip the current phase", not even close. ~sigh.~

You can Normal, you can set, you can chain to it with anything you like, you can xyz. Many effects do not care, some of the most common monsters effects trigger without sending anything to the Grave. There are whole decks that would not even care, tellars if you like me to throw one. + it is just for the phase. so in case you do care, you have either main phase, or your end phase if you like to chain.

whoa.

I don't like how it can be randomly activated at any time; I'd prefer it if it had to be Chain Link 2 or higher, then I think it'd be sufficiently niche enough not to make me hate Final Countdown (and to warrant balance testing). :V

Chain link 2 is fine with me. 

At first I was against that, but thinking that the only activation window you lose by that is when a phase starts, not such a grave change after all.

EDIT: updated. 

What I do look into, is making this work only on an opponent's turn, to prevent any relation or support this might have to game ending battle phases. (As in BP > activate this > essentially cold wave?)

Actually, I don't even think you can attack unless a card forces you to otherwise. Remember, nothing that would result in a card being sent to the Graveyard would be able to occur, and guess what happens when a monster is attacked? Something goes to the Graveyard, so essentially you cannot attack as to prevent an illegal move. This card would have a lot of weird illegal moves actually, this is just one sort of example, and is another reason why I am amused with this card.

Actually, I don't even think you can attack unless a card forces you to otherwise. Remember, nothing that would result in a card being sent to the Graveyard would be able to occur, and guess what happens when a monster is attacked? Something goes to the Graveyard, so essentially you cannot attack as to prevent an illegal move. This card would have a lot of weird illegal moves actually, this is just one sort of example, and is another reason why I am amused with this card.

By game ending battle phases I mean, when the field's clear, i.e when you attack directly. 

that results in nothing being sent to the Graveyard and thus being a legal move..

That part was added in anyways. =3

Archived