Minerva, Lightsworn Saint

Alternatively Konami could print a level 4 Lightsworn dragon that can special summon itself from the hand based on a condition similar to Judgment Dragon (Having x Lightsworn in grave).

This would not only make Saint Minerva viable, but also regular Minerva as well.

I'm really unexcited from this card alone but printing more main deck monsters is what Lightsworn actually needs, since 90% of Lightsworns right now are awful.

Alternatively Konami could print a level 4 Lightsworn dragon that can special summon itself from the hand based on a condition similar to Judgment Dragon (Having x Lightsworn in grave).

This would not only make Saint Minerva viable, but also regular Minerva as well.

I'm really unexcited from this card alone but printing more main deck monsters is what Lightsworn actually needs, since 90% of Lightsworns right now are awful.

Fair point...main thing Lightsworns have going for them is Judgment Dragon only really. I mean, Lumina's pretty good, fair, but rest of them...been ages since Ryko was good, Lyla is alright, Raiden is nice as well but mostly because he's a level 4 tuner so you can make Michael with Lumina. Rest are pretty subpar and were mostly ran as 1-ofs for JD anyways.

Lightsworn specific Mathematician type of thing might be a pretty good start.

.....Am I the only one slightly concerned that its an Xyz, and Lightsworns already have a Synchro. With how popular they are, I wouldn't put it past Konami to give them acess to the other three Summoning Mechanics.

I mean I doubt it will happen, but at this point, nothing would shock me.

.....Am I the only one slightly concerned that its an Xyz, and Lightsworns already have a Synchro. With how popular they are, I wouldn't put it past Konami to give them acess to the other three Summoning Mechanics.

I mean I doubt it will happen, but at this point, nothing would shock me.

Please. Just because a few archetypes do it, it doesn't mean ALL OF THEM will at some point.

It would kill the slightest bits of originality archetypes have going for them.

Please. Just because a few archetypes do it, it doesn't mean ALL OF THEM will at some point.

It would kill the slightest bits of originality archetypes have going for them.

I know. Hence why I said I doubt it would happen, but with Konami, you never know.

Wow, people are so angry...

First of all, let's take a minute to remember that Dante is totally generic too, I don't know what they were thinking there, and I'm not sure what they're thinking now, but can it really be that dangerous to be generic? Most decks have something better to do than make this.

Secondly, why wouldn't they get support? They're hugely popular, and even with their boss at 3 (among other things) they still aren't topping anything. Doesn't that speak to how broken everything else is?

Lastly (and I looked this up), Lightsworns are time travellers, so any support, Fusion, Pendulum or otherwise can be given to them and they still maintain flavor. Now, is this a good idea? Well...

Archived