[Card Discussion(s)] Equalizer Matrix, Imperative Reprisal

Well, "broken" was more of me using general words than specifically Book of Moon. BoM isn't broken. It's annoying, but it's not broken.

Thing is, though, it's still a use-the-first-two-effects-against-the-opponent-at-all-times; I don't find it very interesting if the card gives me three options but I'm only ever going to use two of them. What false choice is there if there's only one worth using against the opponent ("one" as in two of them being one choice, since you choose two at once)

But yes, I should iterate that the part of YGO I find more fun isn't the control-resource-management, but the big card combos to bring out big-ass monsters (or big ass-monsters). There's only one player I know how uses control decks that I've had fun playing against. I like when monsters and strategies clash in heated combat, not when one player gets shut down by easy and cheap cards (Volcanics SUCK to play against, even when winning). Granted, out of those strategies I'm mostly drawn to big beatsticks ("gee, I wonder why Trains are his favorite deck").

I guess, overall, we need to learn to just agree-to-disagree; BUT maybe take it as an opportunity to have some input from a different lens, and I'll make sure to do the same.

I don't actually think Reprisal needs nerfing because of what is said here; just a semilimit if really necessary. But I can bring in the nerfbat if extremely desired.

As much as I enjoy that we finally got some notable conversation and the hostility has quieted down, I personally feel like it still a bit too much, and I am not in favor of hitting the card because of the example hitting Matrix and Maze is already starting to set. I would rather that be the exception than the norm. That being said, not a huge nerf is needed, just something that doesn't make it Doritos levels

Well, why don't you guys come to a decision about what to do with the card first.

Imperative Reprisal MkII(a)
Counter Trap
When a monster effect is activated that would Special Summon a monster(s), or when a Special Summoned monster activates its effect: Destroy all monster(s) that activated an effect in the current chain, and if you do, banish those monster(s).

Imperative Reprisal MkII(b)
Counter Trap
When an effect is activated that would Special Summon a monster(s), or when a monster Special Summoned this turn activates its effect: Negate any effects that would Summon a monster(s) in the current Chain, then destroy all Special Summoned monsters that activated an effect in the current Chain.

Well, why don't you guys come to a decision about what to do with the card first.

If the first didn't banish, I'd be all for the first faster than Busta Rhymes can rap. Also will agree with Giga on Matrix. Will note though that the rest I really like. It's actually better when used on your own monster, which makes it really neat for Decks that really need to protect themsleves

Archived