Writing Contest Discussion Thread

Aix

Ooooh, this looks interesting. Especially with Loneliness as a theme. Well, why not, I feel like competing too.

May 31st or June 1st???

June 1st sounds reasonable~

While I'm sure the withholding of submissions is so that no one looks at others' works and takes stuff from them, I do think it'd be nice if everyone's submissions could be posted for all to see once the winners are decided.

By the way, if I'm reading the OP correctly ("multiplied by the # of submissions"), does this mean we can submit more than one work or...?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sign me up for participating, this sounds interesting. Haven't wrote anything in a while so this might be fun. That said, I'm going to be really busy for the next 2 weeks so whether I enter or not is going to be down to when the deadline is. 

4000 word maximum.

This is good.

I think part of the problem Rinne had was that he was asking for 1000 words on the dot, which to me doesn't sound like nearly enough to get a story off the ground.

My problem was that I had too high of a limit, so no one entered, lol

Just to confirm, is it any time during the 1st or by 00:00?

Any time during the 1st.

Are there restrictions on the kinds of things you can write? Poetry? Short story? Philosophical rambling?

I suppose you could, but I'd think the judges are expecting short stories.

I personally have no objection if people want to submit poetry to be judged. I can't speak for my fellow judges, but if it's the medium that best suits your creative desires for this, then I'm happy to judge it. 

But I'd say between Poetry or Short Story only. Being the major two mediums here, there are what I'd expect.  

Archived