This guy know what's up.

Buster Blader sucks.

I know, right?! Especially when you fuse him into Dark Paladin! Buster Blader ROCKS!

Dude. I learned it when I was 6. If it's too complicated for you then I dunno what to tell you.

Who the shit was your teacher? Richard Garfield himself?

Really? I mean there's some stuff maybe but most of it is common sense more or less...Eh, different strokes and such.

Though I do wonder, Garland. What makes you consider it bland and generic?

Have you tried learning about priority? Timestamping? Layers? Do I need to mention Flanking? It does get complicated when you have to learn all of this.

Let me say this. If you're in a tournament, and you go to time. You have 5 extra turns. On turn 0, you play a Karn Liberated and exile a Blightsteel Colossus to it. On turn 5, you ultimate it. That restarts the game, so turn 5 is essentially a new turn and Blightsteel isn't affected by Summoning Sickness. That makes you win the game, pretty much. I spent 10 minutes just figuring this out with 3 other judges, and that is how we ruled this because no one knew what was happening, really.

These things happen more and more in highstake tournaments.

Blood Moon is one of the most complicated cards out there, too.

The complexity only spikes when you play in formats that allow for such things.

Standard and Limited have smaller card pools and thus are more beginner-friendly environments.

Those were the events that I judged, which is why it is a problem.

Also, the fact that new players try to give false rulings is another big issue. I detest that on so many levels.

Though I do wonder, Garland. What makes you consider it bland and generic?

Well, for one, the creatures are mostly comprised of generic fantasy tropes, such as orcs and elves, there's practically no life put into the card art because of how dull the colors are, and the names, for the most part, try way too hard to sound cool that it breaches the levels of narm beyond safe limits.

...I could go onto a giant tangent regarding this question, but that'd be way too much.

Well, for one, the creatures are mostly comprised of generic fantasy tropes, such as orcs and elves, there's practically no life put into the card art because of how dull the colors are, and the names, for the most part, try way too hard to sound cool that it breaches the levels of narm beyond safe limits.

...I could go onto a giant tangent regarding this question, but that'd be way too much.

wat

Have you tried learning about priority? Timestamping? Layers? Do I need to mention Flanking? It does get complicated when you have to learn all of this.

Let me say this. If you're in a tournament, and you go to time. You have 5 extra turns. On turn 0, you play a Karn Liberated and exile a Blightsteel Colossus to it. On turn 5, you ultimate it. That restarts the game, so turn 5 is essentially a new turn and Blightsteel isn't affected by Summoning Sickness. That makes you win the game, pretty much. I spent 10 minutes just figuring this out with 3 other judges, and that is how we ruled this because no one knew what was happening, really.

These things happen more and more in highstake tournaments.

Blood Moon is one of the most complicated cards out there, too.

Flanking? Is that still used? The one that gives blocking creatures w/o flanking -1/-1 right?

Honestly the game isn't complicated in its basic level,which is what Garland would be talking about. All games get complicated when it comes to tournament play. Don't make me get into Pokemon calculations. XD

Wait Blood Moon? Non-basic lands are Mountains. Exactly as it says. They are now Mountains. Not Mountain in addition to it's original name, literally they're Mountains.

Who the s*** was your teacher? Richard Garfield himself?

It's...it's not that complicated though. Learned it mostly from my older relatives. Pretty simple to pick up...

Y'all are confusing. XD

Also there are dozens and dozens of different creatures. Ranging from elves and orcs to horrors and mutants.

If you're gonna say that MtG names "try hard to sound cool" look at YGO, especially Dragons. XD

I mean. Buster Blader.

Honestly the game isn't complicated in its basic level,which is what Garland would be talking about. All games get complicated when it comes to tournament play. Don't make me get into Pokemon calculations. XD

I'm talking about the game as a whole. Not just the basic level.

Archived